Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Tambaloneus posted:

Y'know pretty sure I can walk through a field without getting twigs n poo poo in my hair soooo I can only presume somewhere between the highway and the bus-stop there was some rolling around on the ground.

They stopped to roll down a hill, because that's just how WILD and SPONTANEOUS these crazy kids are! Twenty-eight skidoo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Really Pants posted:

They stopped to roll down a hill, because that's just how WILD and SPONTANEOUS these crazy kids are! Twenty-eight skidoo!

But then Auzzie boy (who is an Australian by the way) had his wallaby wrangling kangaroo racing platypus wrestling surfing injury flare up and everything was ruined.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Non Sequitur

Considering Danae's need for instant gratification, she'll put that book down in about 5 minutes when she finds that she's not sucked into it like her sister.

Heavenly Nostrils

Just like scruffing a cat... :v:

9 Chickweed Lane 4/26/2003

Ok, I laughed at that. Not bad, Brooke.

Zits

Kevin & Kell

:ughh: Ok, we're done with this now, right Holbrook?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

I was hoping Jam Esallen would liven Mark Trail up a bit, but having him dive into acid wasn't what I expected.

Buz Sawyer

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County

Or something like that.

:kimchi:

Calvin And Hobbes

more of an endurance test

TODAY'S DOGG

Ed Allison's Unstrange Phenomena

Jim Davis' U.S. Acres: Even less effort than Garfield.

The creator of Viivi & Wagner is credited only as "Juba".

"Viivi and Wagner is a story about a girl who lives with a pig. They love each other very much. Viivi wants to have children but they can’t because they are different species. Wagner doesn’t mind."

Darthemed fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Apr 26, 2014

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy-Lou

Heathcliff

Mandrake

The Phantom

Pickles

Classic Prince Valiant

:monocle:

e:

Darthemed posted:

The creator of Viivi & Wagner is credited only as "Juba".

"Viivi and Wagner is a story about a girl who lives with a pig. They love each other very much. Viivi wants to have children but they can’t because they are different species. Wagner doesn’t mind."

The pig in the last two panels seriously looks like something out of Fok It.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (February 5, 1927)

Peanuts (April 29, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean

Can I assume we all have the same idea who "Barbie" is going to turn out to be? We're overdue for some sentimental glurge in this yarn.

Is he more smug about this secret bit of knowledge, or that he finally got Missy rear end-On-Shoulders to sit back down?

Meanwhile, Popeye is having a rare crisis moment.

Rip Haywire

Pogo (April 28, 1956)

Out Our Way (November 7-8, 1924)

He better not be looking for gleaming teeth, either. These hands might have a full set between them if you line 'em up end to end.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Juliet Jones

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.
Viivi and Wagner :woop:

I want to see how that works in English. Should work just fine, I hope. It's one of my favourite comics, not the least because Juba (Jussi Tuomola) doesn't feel the need to include jokes in each and every strip. And because sometimes Wagner is just so goofy and adorable idiot.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

So these are the bad guys, right? I can't see this ending any other way.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

goatface posted:

So these are the bad guys, right? I can't see this ending any other way.

Of course not! They're not neutering their opposition and setting up the navy woman as a patsy at the same time. Why, I'll bet the Phantom won't even have to get off of his skull throne for this one.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Presto posted:

Let me tell you, daughter of John Darling how John Darling spoke his (John Darling's) last words to me while he, John Darling (your father) was dying.

This just in -- no one gives a poo poo about John Darling.

edit: I forgot that in the Batiukverse a book that tells the touching story of someone got cancer and died is going to be a major motion picture, so the story of John Darling will no doubt be a smash success.

John Darling.

Tambaloneus posted:

Y'know pretty sure I can walk through a field without getting twigs n poo poo in my hair soooo I can only presume somewhere between the highway and the bus-stop there was some rolling around on the ground.

Also is there some reason they aren't getting a cab or a ride from a parent? Surely one of them brought a phone. I guess if you hire a limo and it has a problem they just tell you to kick rocks.

I just looked and there are two phones shown. They were in a traffic jam and the limo got bumped so they crossed a field to catch a bus. This is the dumbest plot that doesn't involve John Darling.

Sweaty IT Nerd fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Apr 26, 2014

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Gil

Why not? You can buy an obsolete cell phone for ~ $10 and it'll make for a cheap digital voice recorder/camera/video camera/music player/alarm clock/etc.

Retail

How remarkably anticlimactic

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

I thought that was a stack of cash at first and thought Karl had taken up gambling.

Dustin

Uh, Sub-par is one of those sports terms used in everyday vernacular by non fans. Just like everyone knows what you mean by "slam dunk" even if they never watch basketball.

On the Fastrack

I immediately thought of bugs and snails too.

Safe Havens

"You've also shown a willingness to work for free. We could use that."

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Midnight Moth posted:

Dustin

Uh, Sub-par is one of those sports terms used in everyday vernacular by non fans. Just like everyone knows what you mean by "slam dunk" even if they never watch basketball.

Plus the scoring in golf isn't difficult to understand.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
John Darling's last words are some kind of nickname for his daughter aren't they? We're going to get a :smug: face from her cuz she knows and won't tell. Or she will tell and take away the last horrible joy the plant man has in life before prison cancer gets him.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I hope its his old nickname.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp
I hope it's Les' old nickname.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Even if John Darling, my father, said he loved his wife/daughter/cat(dead from cancer)/car(cancer) or whatever, that doesn't change the fact that 100% of the people interviewed about my father, John Darling, remember him as a horrible person at best.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
I've seen this before. "Barbie" is a nickname for Marion Davies' clitoris.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Midnight Moth posted:

Dustin

Ed sits at the window watching Dusin mow the lawn. In his hand: a pad of yellow paper and a pen. Points are distributed based on various metrics: technique, poise, crosshatching aesthetic. Afterwards Ed goes outside with a small ruler, measuring every square foot of his lawn to ensure consistency. Uncut blades of grass result in an automatic fail. Dustin stands on the porch nervously.

Years later Ed loses his law license after attempting to bribe a judge to let off his client, a sexual predator and close personal friend. Because of this he loses his pension and with it any sense of retirement financial security. Shortly after he's diagnosed with terminal colon cancer and is relocated to the palliative care facility in the city's hospital. Ed is sick, broke, lonely.

Dustin has successfully avoided visiting his father, even though he's aware of his dire state. Tacked to a small cork-board beside Dustin's apartment entrance is a yellow piece of paper with the score 4 out of 10 written in black ink, and the word "sub-par" scrawled across in red.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Winnie the Pooh

Disgusting.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Apartment 3-G

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Fingerpori

Psychiatrist
- Tell me about your situation
- For the past three years, I've been [a student] in the art school Earth
Thinks he's a building on the planet Earth.

"I've been an art school on Earth" would be pronounced the same. Haha.

If Jarla can't get his poo poo together with these terrible jokes he's been putting out lately I might just start skipping the worst ones. This isn't fun to translate at all.

e: Viivi and Wagner, cool. I didn't bother with it because I don't usually read it anyway, but it's nice to see it picked up.

tiistai fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Apr 27, 2014

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
A Luann strip where the "good" guys aren't making GBS threads on Tiffany? I think Hell just froze over.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Kevin & Kell

:ughh: Ok, we're done with this now, right Holbrook?
the tiny blond rabbit ate a tiger about ten times her size when she was an infant. I suspect she is some kind of Lovecraftian horror.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Then they escaped and everybody lived happily ever after, except for Heckbender, who died during the winter due to starvation.

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Dick Tracy

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

R Ubbish
Apr 15, 2013

Mercury Hat posted:

Winnie the Pooh

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

Dr. Video Games 0081
Jan 19, 2005

Wouldn't the limo company get them another limo? Or at least call them a taxi?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Midnight Moth posted:

A Luann strip where the "good" guys aren't making GBS threads on Tiffany? I think Hell just froze over.
They were at a pool party a while back and Luann was late. Everyone was having a good time until Luann arrived and then suddenly it was time to poo poo on Tiffany again. Delta and Bernice are obnoxious in their own ways, but no one's as bad as the DeGroot family. Not even Gunther.

Dr. Video Games 0081 posted:

Wouldn't the limo company get them another limo? Or at least call them a taxi?
There was nothing wrong with the limo, it was just stuck in traffic so they decided it would be quicker to catch the bus from across a field. I have no idea where they are that they could be stuck in traffic whle next to an empty field with clear roads going the same way on the other side, but there you are.

Mandrake the Magician (1942-01-04)

Dr. Video Games 0081
Jan 19, 2005

Tiggum posted:

They were at a pool party a while back and Luann was late. Everyone was having a good time until Luann arrived and then suddenly it was time to poo poo on Tiffany again. Delta and Bernice are obnoxious in their own ways, but no one's as bad as the DeGroot family. Not even Gunther.
There was nothing wrong with the limo, it was just stuck in traffic so they decided it would be quicker to catch the bus from across a field. I have no idea where they are that they could be stuck in traffic whle next to an empty field with clear roads going the same way on the other side, but there you are.

Mandrake the Magician (1942-01-04)

Oh yeah, I thought it broke down. My bad.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Julet Esqu posted:

Apartment 3-G

Frank Bolle: reads script indicating Tommie is filthy and exhausted from mucking out stables all day

Frank Bolle: draws Tommie exactly the same way she was in the morning

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet
It got rear ended though! Or it rear ended someone else, either way it was in a car accident!

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

JaggerMcDagger posted:

It got rear ended though! Or it rear ended someone else, either way it was in a car accident!

Yeah, the back bumper of the limo was crumpled a bit and it looked like the driver was on his cell phone calling dispatch. Then the kids decided to flee the scene of a traffic accident. Way to be adults.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

You and me both. :smith:

The book came out in 1937. Is Gilchrist acknowledging Aunt Fritzi's age here or what? :psyduck:

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Midnight Moth posted:

Dustin

Well, sub-par is unrelated to sports since it came before golf, but either way this strip is stupid.

Humanoid Female
Mar 13, 2008

LtStorm posted:

You and me both. :smith:

The book came out in 1937. Is Gilchrist acknowledging Aunt Fritzi's age here or what? :psyduck:

It works as an in-joke that way, but it's still one of the best-known classic self-help books ever, along with "How to Win Friends and Influence People" which was also from the 1930s. Both of them have been reprinted numerous times and still sell pretty well, from what I understand.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Juliet Jones

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Ahaha what in the gently caress? :psyboom: Why is his mustache visible through the helmet?

• Locked thread