Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Luke Rockhold is rad as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I tried to loving tell everyone.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I got distracted by the fact that he looks like he should be modeling jeans and a shirt that is draped over his shoulder.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Save Us, Alexander Gustafson. You're our only hope.

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...

Detroit_Dogg posted:

yeah that was slick plus he seems like a nice dude

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Forceholy posted:

Save Us, Alexander Gustafson. You're our only hope.

Rumble looked so damned good he's my second hope.

Also Hendo

Bell the Cat
Apr 5, 2004

Dirty pool old man. I like it.

Lloyd Boner posted:

Rumble looked so damned good he's my second hope.

Also Hendo

Can't be forgetting about Cormier. Think he has a better shot than decision Dan.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Not forgetting about Cormier, but Cormier being the other hope means Hendo can't be that hope

Bell the Cat
Apr 5, 2004

Dirty pool old man. I like it.

Lloyd Boner posted:

Not forgetting about Cormier, but Cormier being the other hope means Hendo can't be that hope

drat, forgot they were fighting. All good things anyway.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Even promoters can't hide their disdain for the only man more full of poo poo than themselves http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/4/27/5657744/dana-white-vitor-belfort-has-a-lot-of-work-to-do-before-hes-ready-to

quote:

"He's got a lot of work to do. That poo poo just doesn't happen like that. You gotta get on the agenda. He's got a lot of work to do. He's fooling himself if that's what he really thinks, he took a couple of home tests and he's ready to roll. Or whatever he did."

White didn't say much more, but with a noticeable touch of sarcasm said dealing with Belfort and his issues is something he enjoys.

"He's always fun," White said. "He's hilarious."

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
I decided to watch Matt Browns fights next trying to squeeze more out of fightpass, and I was going to wait til I watched more to make a post but Matt Brown v Matt Arroyo was special. Matt Arroyo is terrible but he owns Browns rear end for four minutes until he gassed, then Brown beats him up. Round 2 Brown gets on top, and Aroyo honestly has the worst guard. I think everyone should watch it because its so bad, and Brown at first is having trouble finishing with GnP. Hes smashing arroyos face, and Arroyo just keeps shaking his head saying that didn't hurt, while moving in no other way to avoid being hit. Then Matt Brown saw Tito Ortiz was watching in the crowd, and Tito gave him unsolicited advice on how to finish and it worked. It was kind of amazing

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Bundt Cake posted:

I decided to watch Matt Browns fights next trying to squeeze more out of fightpass, and I was going to wait til I watched more to make a post but Matt Brown v Matt Arroyo was special. Matt Arroyo is terrible but he owns Browns rear end for four minutes until he gassed, then Brown beats him up. Round 2 Brown gets on top, and Aroyo honestly has the worst guard. I think everyone should watch it because its so bad, and Brown at first is having trouble finishing with GnP. Hes smashing arroyos face, and Arroyo just keeps shaking his head saying that didn't hurt, while moving in no other way to avoid being hit. Then Matt Brown saw Tito Ortiz was watching in the crowd, and Tito gave him unsolicited advice on how to finish and it worked. It was kind of amazing

After watching all his fights in progression (as I'm sure you are about to do), do you think he's gotten a lot better or just been given cool matchups where he can showcase his toughness or what?

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I know you all love Hendo and I'm sure he's a nice guy and all but am I the only one that finds it a little retarded that he's in a
#1 contenders fight after losing 3 straight and only beating Shogun (who almost finished him) to get to this point?

If Henderson were to beat Cormier, which is a big stretch anyway, he should probably have to go through Rumble or somebody before fighting for a title.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Fun fact: I watched Matt Brown get choked out by Chris Liguouri in person on CITC 3, and he bitched at me on the Underground because when I described the show on there I was insufficiently complimentary.

mewse
May 2, 2006

fatherdog posted:

Fun fact: I watched Matt Brown get choked out by Chris Liguouri in person on CITC 3, and he bitched at me on the Underground because when I described the show on there I was insufficiently complimentary.

Everyone gets caught by a lucky submission once in a while...............

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

After watching all his fights in progression (as I'm sure you are about to do), do you think he's gotten a lot better or just been given cool matchups where he can showcase his toughness or what?

I can already tell you between his first UFC fight against Arroyo and his second with Stun Gun he looks an order of magnitude better. Probably he got to train more with better partners, got used to the nerves, etc. I'd seen all Stun Guns fights up to this point, because they were on the internet back then. I can't remember what I thought about Brown v Stun Gun, but I remember from the DEEP fights he basically looked like young GSP. Matt keeps his hands really low and doesn't have any head movement so, yeah. But I think he already owned when he fought Stun Gun because he's pretty competitive, and won the second round doing some serious damage standing and with GNP. Rogan, Goldberg and the crowd thought Brown won but they're nuts, I think. In the first round Kim almost chokes him out, and in the third he gnps him the whole time. Kim hits him with some great elbows and when he goes to his corner he asked "Do you think I won?" and then the doctors are trying to give him some instruction and he says he can't see anything.

Also in this fight RAMPAGE was in the audience yelling unsolicited advice to Matt Brown. His didn't help, though. Shake him off! Bang his head!

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

Ty1990 posted:

I know you all love Hendo and I'm sure he's a nice guy and all but am I the only one that finds it a little retarded that he's in a
#1 contenders fight after losing 3 straight and only beating Shogun (who almost finished him) to get to this point?

If Henderson were to beat Cormier, which is a big stretch anyway, he should probably have to go through Rumble or somebody before fighting for a title.

Look at who is ranked ahead of him, Gus is going to get his shot. Glover just had his, Shad' already had his and is injured, Phil Davis is....well lol.

Also I have no human idea why you think he would have to fight someone like Anthony Johnson but whatever.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Ty1990 posted:

Hendo isn't going to beat Cormier. I love Hendo, but he's not going to win that fight.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Not with that attitude he isn't you monster.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
My nostalgia for Hendo isn't too strong so I think it's better for everyone that Cormier is going to win.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Hendo isn't going to beat Cormier. I love Hendo, but he's not going to win that fight.

He might!

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Cormier / Jones is a really interesting fight that I want to see and Hendo / Jones would be deeply stupid and depressing.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
can Hendo fight on stilts? Cause then I'll give him a shot at cracking Jones

Jones will do that forehead palming and oblique kicking thing to Cormier for a lame 25 minutes, but there's a chance that Cormier can grab a hold of Jones and take him down where his chances of winning go up. Hendo, however, needs stilts and a back transplant. Go Dangerous Dan

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Okay I watched through Matt brown's fight with Chris Lytle. He fought some guy named Ryan Thomas who wrestles him easily, a perfect young wrestler who knows only the simplicity of doing nothing in guard. Then he got caught in a couple bad spots for an armbar and Matt Brown got him. Against Pete Sell, Brown lands hard early and basically only Pete Sells toughness and the refs callous disregard for humanity keep it going.

Unfourtunately fightpass doesnt have Wilks v Brown on it, and that one went 3 rounds, so it would be a good thing to watch. The next two fights Brown had were against Big Dog and Chris Lytle, probably the two guys who were best at subbing people at that time.

He wasfairly competitive against Big Dog. Big Dog doesn't want anything to do with him standing so a lot of the fight is clinching along the fence, and both guys land some decent stuff. Whenever Big Dog got Brown down, brown would scoot back to the fence and stand up which I was really surprised by. It was kind of a cool fight, with Hume in Brown's corner and Renzo in Big Dog's. Anyway I guess there was some possibility Brown could hurt Big Dog because of his power and staying power, but Big Dog hit him with a big right, took him down, then smashed him with an elbow before he took his back and choked him out. Brown bleeds a lot.

Looking back, there was no realistic chance he was going to beat Lytle. Lytle was a better striker than him, had better cardio than him, had already tapped him and had a great chin still. Anyway Browns pretty competitive until he gets hurt and tapped by an inverse triangle armbar thing, whatever it owned.

Brown seems to have been getting better at stuff, like using the cage to stand up. But he still got tapped in the second round against Lytle like he did in the b-leagues. So his improvement kinda doesn't show in the results.

Bundt Cake fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Apr 27, 2014

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Not with that attitude he isn't you monster.

Listen, I love Hendo. He's one of my favorite fighters. I don't like DC in the slightest. I don't know why, but I've never been a fan of him. However, what he's done inside the cage is ridiculous. He's also been fighting HWs and big hitters his whole career. Hendo is undersized at LHW and has at best a chance to land a lucky shot. DC hits a lot loving harder than Shogun and is an extremely good wrestler. I love to see BRHs just smash people and lost my drat mind when he KOed Shogun, but he doesn't have much of a chance at all against Cormier.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Mr. Nice! posted:

DC hits a lot loving harder than Shogun

dunno about this

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Real question, who's better at placing the BRH Roy Nelson or Hendo?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Hendo. He throws his quicker and is usually ready to follow up with another strike. Roy Nelson loads up a baseball for a few seconds and knocks old men and tall funny guys down.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Roy Nelson hasn't won either by KO or TKO for seven years. They're both dependent on it and Roy hits it more consistently. Granted, he's not really facing the highest caliber..

mewse
May 2, 2006

Bubba Smith posted:

Hendo. He throws his quicker and is usually ready to follow up with another strike. Roy Nelson loads up a baseball for a few seconds and knocks old men and tall funny guys down.

Agreed

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Novum posted:

Real question, who's better at placing the BRH Roy Nelson or Hendo?

Hendo. I posted a video guide that he made that shows his 3 favorite setups for the BRH. He's a tactician with it.

Roy, otoh, still has some technique, but is mostly just a wild swinger.

Dangersim posted:

dunno about this

DC KOed Bigfoot, which is something even Hunt didn't do. DC hits very loving hard.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Mr. Nice! posted:

Hendo is undersized at LHW and has at best a chance to land a lucky shot.

DC is also an undersized LHW. So that balances out.

I think Hendo might get TKO'd.

e: just looked it up, DC's reach is 4 inches shorter than Glover Teixeira's. Jones would have 12.5 inch reach advantage.

Fozzy The Bear fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Apr 27, 2014

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
DC just hit Bigfoot with a perfect combo that Bigfoot was too slow to see coming. It wasn't a one-punch KO, it was more like Velasquez vs Bigfoot 2.

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006
Why is Mr.Nice always wrong about fighter's punching power.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

cisneros posted:

I've said it before, blue stars mess up your brain.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

cisneros posted:

What's wrong about saying DC hits loving hard?

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

DC does hit hard, but to say he clearly hits much harder than Shogun is a little silly, seeing as how we've seen Shogun hit a lot of people really hard for a long time. Whereas DC has only really hit a barista and the biggest chin in sports really hard.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I thought he dropped Barnett with some punches, too, but I could be wrong.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Takanori Gomi targeted for UFC's next show in Japan, says he'll quit drinking for title shot

hahahahaha, gomi owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Bubba Smith posted:

Roy Nelson loads up a baseball for a few seconds and knocks old men and tall funny guys down.

As we learned from last night's Gomi fight throwing fastballs is a solid base for MMA.

• Locked thread