Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
YEAH HE MUST BE A NERD LIKE YOU COLE GOD WHAT A LOSER LOOK HOW SHORT HE IS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Is that guy actually a good wrestler or is painting himself as comic characters the only reason people talk about him?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

He's a VERY good wrestler.

IIRC, him vs Tanahashi got *****.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

tbh I think the painting distracts from his star quality

Domalom
Mar 20, 2009

Gadzooks!
He was Anti-Venom tonight apparently.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Domalom posted:

Not enough :swoon: in the world.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

He's a VERY good wrestler.

IIRC, him vs Tanahashi got *****.

Only place I can find where it says that is YouTube. But I checked the actual Observer and it says ****1/4.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

that youtube channel is full of matches that aren't 5 stars, some of them nowhere near it, but it does have a lot of matches that aren't up otherwise, I found it funny the first time I came across it.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Frankston posted:

Is that guy actually a good wrestler or is painting himself as comic characters the only reason people talk about him?

this is why you need to stop with the body pain poo poo, devitt.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

How dare he draw attention to himself when otherwise no one would know who the hell he is

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

DeathChicken posted:

How dare he draw attention to himself when otherwise no one would know who the hell he is

Took the words out of my mouth. Here's some indie wrestler that I only know because of people posting pics of him in this thread. I couldn't tell you 3 other Indie guys so he's doing something right.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

*one of the top workers in the second-biggest promotion on the planet, has an open contract offer from the wwe* heh who's this fuckin indieriffic jobber

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I'm calling you guys dumb

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

epitasis posted:

*one of the top workers in the second-biggest promotion on the planet

Pfft, more worthless propaganda from the boys up north. TNA is the #2 promotion, brother, not Chikara or All-Japan or wherever the gently caress this slap-nut is from.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Burt Buckle posted:

Took the words out of my mouth. Here's some indie wrestler that I only know because of people posting pics of him in this thread. I couldn't tell you 3 other Indie guys so he's doing something right.

I know him and Kevin Steen!

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Calling Devitt an indie guy would've been kinda misplaced until very recently, he was a NJPW regular who led the big gaijin heel stable and he debuted the body paint look in a title match in front of 35,000 fans at what's almost assuredly going to be the second biggest crowd for a wrestling show this year.

But yeah, he's great! He slowed it down a bit after his heel turn but he's an exceptional worker with loads of charisma and as Meltzer always says he knows how to present himself as a star.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdlEnQw9lyQ
(apologies for some dumbass doing commentary, it's the easiest link I could find, but it's a really fun three way match from 2013's Dome Show when he was still a face)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zy7LIRINxE
(Devitt vs Tanahashi)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x11unrj_prince-devitt-vs-gedo-njpw-kizuna-road-2013_sport
(surprisingly good IWGP jr. defense vs Gedo (Okada's manager) with an icredible promo afterwards)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULGm0kGBPbI
(promo before his IWGP title match)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1255tz_kazuchika-okada-vs-prince-devitt-njpw-kizuna-road-akita-2013_sport
(his title match vs Okada from last year)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19h2vv_prince-devitt-vs-kota-ibushi-njpw-wrestle-kingdom-8-2014_sport
(Devitt vs Ibushi at this year's Tokyo Dome show)

Thauros fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Apr 27, 2014

Riotgrrill
Sep 3, 2004

I actually posted that promo video :shobon:

Devitt is actually from my hometown of Bray so I've been following his career real close. He was one of the main guys involved with getting NWA: Ireland started up in Bray and also one the reasons why we have one of the best wrestling training centers in Ireland here. I've seen him a couple of times when he's came back to wrestle in charity events, guy rules.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

There are dudes on this forum who didn't know El Generico, not knowing Devitt isn't a stretch.

Domalom
Mar 20, 2009

Gadzooks!

Thauros posted:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x11unrj_prince-devitt-vs-gedo-njpw-kizuna-road-2013_sport
(surprisingly good IWGP jr. defense vs Gedo (Okada's manager) with an icredible promo afterwards)

This match contains one of greatest low blows I've ever seen as well.

Edit:
Devitt also has some really cool t-shirts out at the moment

Domalom fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Apr 27, 2014

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
If Stephanie wanted someone to come in that would "appeal to women" then she really should get off the Bo-train and add a few extra $$$ to the standing offer that they've got in place for Devitt.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I'm not an expert on this but I don't think Devitt's much or any more attractive than Bo.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Daniel Bryan posted:

I'm not an expert on this but I don't think Devitt's much or any more attractive than Bo.

He's got a ripped body, but his face looks weird at different angles.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Domalom posted:

Think we've reached peak Gavok.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Daniel Bryan posted:

Only place I can find where it says that is YouTube. But I checked the actual Observer and it says ****1/4.

Wrestlemania 31: Devitt vs Jericho in a sparkly jacket match.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Apr 27, 2014

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Devitt is really cool/has a cool theme/has a cool paint job.

Maybe WWE could get him a paint that doesn't come off with sweat and he could get his own designs for it, because those paint jobs are awesome and will set him apart from being *Generic cut wrestleman in trunks* that the WWE seems to have decided that everyone needs to be.

I've watched like 0 Devitt matches all the way through and he's still a guy I look forward to seeing do things in WWE.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Like Meltzer always says, Devitt always presents himself as a star. Even if he's just in a midcard match, he treats it like it's the main event of Mania. He just doesn't have off-days.

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013
That interview with him and Bullet Club posted above is just a bunch of kids messing about. I kinda like it and I kinda hate it.

Is he a bad talker? It's hard to take him seriously in this wrestling context, being from near where he's from, because it's just like he's a normal dude I'd see walking around and not the cartoon character death-pale ginger LAAAOOOOCH of Sheamus With An H After The S Like No Real Seamus Has Ever Had.

Maybe it's just the format of it but that seemed super awkward.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Devitt's babyface promo somes reached Tyler Black levels or bad/spaced out. His heel work relied a hell of a lot of swearing and the type of screaming and shouting WWE thinks is uncouth.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

IMO his promo after the Gedo match was easily the best racist heel promo I've seen in modern wrestling and could've easily been done without any obscenities to make it WWE acceptable.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x11unrj_prince-devitt-vs-gedo-njpw-kizuna-road-2013_sport&start=1830

Devitt as Punisher (don't think this one was posted) for content:

Thauros fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Apr 27, 2014

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Discussions of Devitt's face aside, if I had abs like that I'd never cover them with body paint.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Discussions of Devitt's face aside, if I had abs like that I'd never cover them with body paint.

Alternatively, you could have body paint.

Just paint on massive red arrows pointing at your abs.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Where are you John Morrison? We need you to come back for the mighty tag team of Ab-solution.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Daniel Bryan posted:

He is, by virtue of not looking like a fuckin' sex offender. All Bo needs is a wispy mustache.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

magnum_valentino posted:

That interview with him and Bullet Club posted above is just a bunch of kids messing about. I kinda like it and I kinda hate it.

Is he a bad talker? It's hard to take him seriously in this wrestling context, being from near where he's from, because it's just like he's a normal dude I'd see walking around and not the cartoon character death-pale ginger LAAAOOOOCH of Sheamus With An H After The S Like No Real Seamus Has Ever Had.

Maybe it's just the format of it but that seemed super awkward.

Judging him by Gaijin promos is a bad idea. Best I can tell they want very different things out of foreigners yelling in english.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

magnum_valentino posted:

Sheamus With An H After The S Like No Real Seamus Has Ever Had.

WWE's target audience needs the H or they'll just pronounce it see-mus

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

And by target audience you mean the announcers.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 minutes!

sunsweet posted:

Thanks for the input.

Well, that proves it. John Cena is a goon.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Riotgrrill posted:

I actually posted that promo video :shobon:

Devitt is actually from my hometown of Bray so I've been following his career real close. He was one of the main guys involved with getting NWA: Ireland started up in Bray and also one the reasons why we have one of the best wrestling training centers in Ireland here. I've seen him a couple of times when he's came back to wrestle in charity events, guy rules.

We saw him at the NWA Ireland Anniversary show here in Bray. He sneezed in the local paper and hit Paul Tracy (the co-founder) with a Sky box.

Bray shows are great!

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Halloween Jack posted:

Well, that proves it. John Cena is a goon.

A goon or THE goon?

Eh? Eh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Speaking of goons, Bayley's entrance just got a whole lot better