Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cabal Ties
Feb 28, 2004
Yam Slacker
Earning 30 odd k a week and playing premier league football is never quite made it now ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

CareyB posted:

Earning 30 odd k a week and playing premier league football is never quite made it now ?

Might as well go on the dole

Cabal Ties
Feb 28, 2004
Yam Slacker

Shrapnig posted:

Might as well go on the dole

No doubt we'll be having a good laugh at pictures of Johnny Evans pushing shopping trolleys in the tescos carpark when he's only amassed 3 or 4 million over a 10 year period. I weep for footballers, they have it so hard

James R
Dec 22, 2006

I hear they're still eating paper. Is that true?

CareyB posted:

Yeah, it's not like you clearly knew I meant never quite made it as in never fulfilled their potential to have a full career at an elite club instead of flirting from lovely EPL side to EPL side on deadline day for nothing.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
sunderland are gonna stay up, have to laugh about that

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

fat greasy puto posted:

Came to post this. :lol:

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

fat greasy puto posted:

Will jozy get a second chance at scoring a premier league goal??

jooky
Jan 15, 2003

Modus Trollens posted:

Will jozy get a second chance at scoring a premier league goal??

This year was his second chance ad he did score

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Looking forward to the Jozy thread next year where absolutely noone will predict more than one goal.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Dunban posted:

Looking forward to the Jozy thread next year where absolutely noone will predict more than one goal.

Hopefully he'll have hosed off to some garbage league like the MLS where he'll get like 10 goals and the fans will be like "WHAT AN ATHLETE"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Thirteenth Step posted:

Hopefully he'll have hosed off to some garbage league like the MLS where he'll get like 10 goals and the fans will be like "WHAT AN ATHLETE"

I was really hoping we'd see him in the Championship but it looks like Sunderland won't go down :smith:

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Jose posted:

I was really hoping we'd see him in the Championship but it looks like Sunderland won't go down :smith:

I hope they do, we've still got to play them.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Dunban posted:

I can't imagine S'land wanting to keep him next season

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

euroboy posted:

I can't imagine anyone wanting to buy him either.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Every team is poo poo this year, and it's hilarious what they're accomplishing in spite of being poo poo.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

euroboy posted:

wickham has done more in 4 games than jozy did all season, with borini they really have no reason to keep him

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

mou intervou videoo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYx1g048_C4

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

vyelkin posted:

I can't imagine anyone wanting to buy him either.

they won't have any trouble selling him, there's plenty of teams desperate for US fans

aeverous
Nov 13, 2009

euroboy posted:

they won't have any trouble selling him, there's plenty of teams desperate for US fans

Yeah and there's plenty of americans desperate for someone to be a fan of. Hey what if other countries played american sports. What if Ronaldo was a Quarterback. Really makes you think.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

I was talking to someone about circus hahahaha

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Did redknapp respond in any way?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Mourinho owns so god drat much.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Lot 49 posted:

One of Rooney or RvP.
All three of Valencia, Nani and Young.
Anderson.
A load of players that were punts as youngsters who obviously won't make it i.e. Macheda, Bebe, Petrucci.
No new contracts for Ferdinand, Evra or Giggs (as a player obv).
Also Hernandez will leave for first team football and although I don't want him to go United shouldn't stand in his way.

I think that's it.

I doubt we'll get rid of RVP if van Gaal comes in, everything I've heard says they work together well for Holland. Rooney won't leave unless someone offers silly money.

We certainly need new wingers, but getting rid of all three this summer seems unlikely as well. I'd guess Nani will be gone, Young will get a chance to prove himself under the new manager, and Valencia will drop to the bench behind someone else coming in.

Headhunter
Jun 3, 2003
One - You lock the target

Brendan Rodgers posted:

We are still two points ahead of a team that has spent an absolute fortune.

Lol. As if Liverpool haven't spent a metric fuckton of money over the last decade.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
That is a cretinous thing for Rodgers to say. He just lost my sympathy. Bottler.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Pissflaps posted:

That is a cretinous thing for Rodgers to say. He just lost my sympathy. Bottler.

Alright which one of you is Rogers?

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Hoops posted:

I meant nobody would have come for the reason of playing under Moyes, not that Manchester United will be able to sign zero talented players. They've lost the prestige of the manager so money has to make up for that.

edit: Money that City has more of. Look at Van Persie, if Ferguson had retired one year earlier he'd be at City now

You can't prove that

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Pissflaps posted:

It's hilarious. Also £300m+ since 09.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
Brenda Brenton todgers can go home and have a cry wank in front of the framed photo of himself he literally has in his house while thinking about net spends or whatever the fat faced oval office

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Big Brendan opens his envelope and hastily crosses out 'Stick it in your faces cunts' and scribbles 'Well its just nice to be in the champions league really and we werent ever in with a chance for the league, how can we, Liverpool compete with that spending power?' underneath.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Mourinho the master tactician. Rodgers the raw apprentice. Liverpool never remotely looked like champions in their biggest game for years. They might not get another chance for some time!

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
this is some bitter posting from arsenal and manchester united fans

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
I'm bustin'.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Eau de MacGowan posted:

this is some bitter posting from arsenal and manchester united fans

All it takes is one stumble to get them to come out of hiding from their seasons of failure

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

There'll be top gear avatars in TRP before the day's out

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
Liverpoo

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Jota posted:

All it takes is one stumble to get them to come out of hiding from their seasons of failure

Hell, much like Liverpool fans for the last *starts counting, runs out of fingers and toes* seasons.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

serious gaylord posted:

Big Brendan opens his envelope and hastily crosses out 'Stick it in your faces cunts' and scribbles 'Well its just nice to be in the champions league really and we werent ever in with a chance for the league, how can we, Liverpool compete with that spending power?' underneath.

Nice meltdown

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

serious gaylord posted:

Hell, much like Liverpool fans for the last *starts counting, runs out of fingers and toes* seasons.

liverpool will win a title before manchester united do again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Eau de MacGowan posted:

liverpool will win a title before manchester united do again

not with this team lol

• Locked thread