Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

projecthalaxy posted:

On a related note, when do you start locking in which ending/Day 8 you are doing? I am looking to go with Yuzu's route for my first run, both because I like her and I have heard it mentioned here as the best one for beginners, and am wondering when I need to start worrying about qualifying/locking out of specific endings. I've always been very pro-her ideas in dialogue choices and such, and always watch her scenes when she comes up on the map, do I need to do anything else?

As long as everybody survives then at the end of day 6 you get a choice about whose path to go on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Yuzu's path is always available no matter what options you choose.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

On a related note, when do you start locking in which ending/Day 8 you are doing? I am looking to go with Yuzu's route for my first run, both because I like her and I have heard it mentioned here as the best one for beginners, and am wondering when I need to start worrying about qualifying/locking out of specific endings. I've always been very pro-her ideas in dialogue choices and such, and always watch her scenes when she comes up on the map, do I need to do anything else?

As far as I know, while some routes have prerequisite scenes to unlock them, Yuzu's is always by default available, since it's the failsafe if you lock yourself out of every other ending.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

That'll work, then. Good old dependable Yoohoo.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Yuzu's route is pretty much the Bad Ending For Idiots. Please, never do a non-Naoya route.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Freak Futanari posted:

Yuzu's route is pretty much the Bad Ending For Idiots. Please, never do a non-Naoya route.

Also note that this is only true in the base game. Yuzu's 8th day is pretty great and fixes pretty much everything that was poo poo about the original ending.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

I somehow wound up with only Yuzu and Amanae open to me. Not sure how that happened, since I spoke to her all of twice and turned her down every opportunity.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Yeah, I've never not had the option to do Amane's either. I'm sure it's possible to lock yourself out somehow but no idea how to do it.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

dmboogie posted:

Also note that this is only true in the base game. Yuzu's 8th day is pretty great and fixes pretty much everything that was poo poo about the original ending.

While making GBS threads in the route original message in the process, then again, almost every 8th day is like that :v:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

dmboogie posted:

I actually really like Yuzu's original ending, it's pretty much the one time there's a bad Neutral ending in an SMT game. You stood on the fence for way too long, now everything's hosed and it's all your fault is a way more interesting ending than the usual "hey man, good on you for choosing your own way, you totally won and everything's awesome" poo poo. That being said, I didn't get it until my second or third playthrough, so I can see how it'd be a kick in the junk to get that far the first time you play the game and have the game tell you that you done hosed up with no way to fix it.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

projecthalaxy posted:

On the subject of DS Overclocked, I just (on my 3rd attempt) beat Beldr. I loved the imagery of a little noodle-armed anime emo boy beating a giant armored demon with pathetic awkward bats with a cellphone strap (hooray for 8 STR!).

Also looking forward to more adventures in chasing every other named character around Tokyo ineffectively trying to convince them to not ruin everything.

You know that STR doesn't affect the strap right?

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Fungah! posted:

I actually really like Yuzu's original ending, it's pretty much the one time there's a bad Neutral ending in an SMT game. You stood on the fence for way too long, now everything's hosed and it's all your fault is a way more interesting ending than the usual "hey man, good on you for choosing your own way, you totally won and everything's awesome" poo poo. That being said, I didn't get it until my second or third playthrough, so I can see how it'd be a kick in the junk to get that far the first time you play the game and have the game tell you that you done hosed up with no way to fix it.

I can't disagree. Neutral always felt like the 'good' ending to me (regardless of what certain gimmick posters will inevitably come in to argue). I'm still waiting on a Neutral ending that points out the fact you've maintained the balance by slaughtering anyone who rocks the boat.

Alteisen posted:

You know that STR doesn't affect the strap right?

Out of interest, was that always the case? I remember the Beldr fight in vanilla being harder than the one in Overclocked. Then again, I also went with a split Str/Mag build because I didn't really know what I was doing.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

I can't disagree. Neutral always felt like the 'good' ending to me (regardless of what certain gimmick posters will inevitably come in to argue). I'm still waiting on a Neutral ending that points out the fact you've maintained the balance by slaughtering anyone who rocks the boat.
Yeah, but both Law and Chaos are full of evil nutjobs so it really isn't bad as it sounds.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Out of interest, was that always the case? I remember the Beldr fight in vanilla being harder than the one in Overclocked. Then again, I also went with a split Str/Mag build because I didn't really know what I was doing.

Yea, the strap is affected by level not stats, I ran this experiment on both versions, both MC's at level 30 with nothing in STR, same damage on both(around 70)

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Accordion Man posted:

Yeah, but both Law and Chaos are full of evil nutjobs so it really isn't bad as it sounds.

Well, usually by slaughtering everybody, you reveal a weaker, wiser leader who takes things from there.

I mean, generally speaking, Heaven/Hell, Law/Chaos are the direct causes of the major conflicts of the game. If they weren't so drat nutty about fighting each other, Tokyo would never have been in danger in the first place! They will pay for desecrating glorious Nippon!!!!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Was Soejima really responsible for Marie's design? I realize her tacky clothes are probably part of her character - in contrast to the Velvet room - and Soejima's no Kaneko, but his designs are nonetheless usually a bit more dignified and, well, just plain better.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Not much content, but as someone playing Persona 4 for the first time, this game kind of loving owns. I expected it to be much weirder and not really my thing but I'm really into it.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
From all that I heard of it fits her character, it definitely looks like something a self-important pretentious teenager would wear.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Her design is eye rolling because she's clearly intended to appeal to otaku. And that means a dumb "sexy" design and generic as all hell tsundere personality.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Accordion Man posted:

From all that I heard of it fits her character, it definitely looks like something a self-important pretentious teenager would wear.

There's a way of doing that without the design actually looking like trash (sorry Marie).

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Doesn't someone call her clothes something you would find in the bargain bin at one point in her social link? Or am i making that up

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

No, the other kids all fall instantly in love with her clothes and attitude.

That's why you leave her Social Link for December, so you can just pretend the fog is messing up their heads.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Her design is eye rolling because she's clearly intended to appeal to otaku. And that means a dumb "sexy" design and generic as all hell tsundere personality.

I don't think even the otaku liked her, can't blame them, she's insanely over-bearing, the fact that you can't reject her at all for Christmas or Valentines just made me hate her so much more.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Alteisen posted:

I don't think even the otaku liked her, can't blame them, she's insanely over-bearing, the fact that you can't reject her at all for Christmas or Valentines just made me hate her so much more.

I didn't hate her more than I found her very boring. Her whole character vastly improves once her social link is over, rather ironically. I like Marie by the endgame, and will actually argue that she becomes something of the emotional core of the story as of Golden. She's immensely thematically important and hits the right chords...it's just that for ten levels of a social link she's a dolorous poet who does nothing but fill your days with padding.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Important Persona announcement May 2. I'm getting giddy. The article says it's a new project, so I guess it's not Persona 5 footage. But I wonder what it could be? Surely it's not another new game, right? Unless another version of P3 is announced.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Persona 3 and 4 bundle pack for the PS4.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Persona 3: The Middle School Years

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Junes Tycoon.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

It's a Persona 4 MOBA.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
It's been rebranded as Persona X Fire Emblem.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Butt Ghost posted:

Important Persona announcement May 2. I'm getting giddy. The article says it's a new project, so I guess it's not Persona 5 footage. But I wonder what it could be? Surely it's not another new game, right? Unless another version of P3 is announced.

Persona Sonic Racing Transformed 2.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's Persona 4-III

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Remakes of Persona 1 and 2 with all the characters reskinned to be Persona 3 and Persona 4 characters

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

It's me I'm the guy still holding the torch for P3 Platinum on the Vita

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Is it Chie and Akihiko: Buddy Cops?

Because I want that so much.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Yukari Power Rangers action game

Blackunknown
Oct 18, 2013

Perhaps a new Anime Adaptation, if so the only question would be what game they would adapt into an Anime?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Blackunknown posted:

Perhaps a new Anime

Trinity Soul 2.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Blackunknown posted:

Perhaps a new Anime Adaptation, if so the only question would be what game they would adapt into an Anime?

Arena or PQ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Blackunknown posted:

Anime adaptations of things are basically used as commercials for the thing they're adapted from. I'm not sure if any of the P4 spinoff things would be worth funding an anime for, and P5 is too far off, so its doubtful.