Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

Dreamsicle posted:

Before I make a decision, I must know the salaries of the managers on clubs closest to you on the table. i want my vote to be as informed as possible.

Surely more interesting would be the salaries and the value of the players on Wrexham and the value of the players on the other club. That let's you assign a value to his management skills.

Then comparing squad value to Total transfer fees paid over a 2-5 year period would then capture the other half of the equation by identifying how good his player development and evaluation is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Surely more interesting would be the salaries and the value of the players on Wrexham and the value of the players on the other club. That let's you assign a value to his management skills.

Then comparing squad value to Total transfer fees paid over a 2-5 year period would then capture the other half of the equation by identifying how good his player development and evaluation is.

Yes, please let us know this. You're asking for quite a lot, even considering the astonishing results of those years...

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!
loving semi-final disappointment AGAIN! *Grumble*

Oh, and 2, or whatever...

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

TheFlyingLlama posted:

You get the 3 year contract at £50k/wk, 20% yearly raise, but neither of the other two escalators. You've certainly done well, you don't really have as much leverage as you seem to think you have. One year in 7th place in the Premier league isn't enough to get you to a megabastard club, which are really the only improvements over Wrexham you could get in England.
Seconded. You've done great things for us, Scott, but you're not hot poo poo yet.

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011

JT Jag posted:

Seconded. You've done great things for us, Scott, but you're not hot poo poo yet.

Only because you missed the cut, and those shenanigans flirting with another team.

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

2, but only because it would completely ruin the LP if you went and joined Liverpool and I was forced to cheer for them.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

TorakFade posted:

Yes, please let us know this. You're asking for quite a lot, even considering the astonishing results of those years...
I would have said the same thing, if we had simply come in the bottom third of the table this year. That would have been an impressive, worthy result. To be in contention for Europe in the first year in the Premiership, even if we don't quite get there, is an unbelievably good result; a feat that is at the very least comparable to taking a megabastard club to silverware. And we're set for next year, too. Any bolstering or changes that need to be made will only improve the team and the club.

In real life, a manager like would be snapped up immediately, no doubt at all. Look at Brendan Rogers, who's had a far less impressive rise than Brown, and he got the Liverpool call, too. We shouldn't blame our American friend here for taking calls from other, highly respected teams; that's only natural. What we need to do is secure his services for years to come. I vote 2.

Revenant Threshold fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Apr 27, 2014

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
No Europa League? You should be sacked. :colbert:

On the other hand 2, please never leave. :ohdear:

Sudoku
Jul 18, 2009
Scott Brown, I thought you loved Wrexham. Is that all this is to you? Business? A paycheck?

2, because wandering off to another team would be heartbreaking to see.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
He's given you the moon, and now you're saying you wanted the rest of the solar system as well.

Stop whining about the cost and pay the man what he's due. He's already earned you all far more than you're worth.

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!
2) Plus if there's any way to get a "Defeat a MegaBastard" bonus then add that in as well at 5000 a pop.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
I like that idea. As chairman I hereby endorse bounties on the top clubs. You get £10,000 each for finishing above Chelsea or Man City, the oiligarchs. You get £5,000 for finishing above Liverpool, Manchester United, Everton or Spurs, the traditional powerhouses. You get 20,000 for finishing above Arsenal because reasons. Feel free to help yourself to that as a part of the next contract.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

AJ_Impy posted:

I like that idea. As chairman I hereby endorse bounties on the top clubs. You get £10,000 each for finishing above Chelsea or Man City, the oiligarchs. You get £5,000 for finishing above Liverpool, Manchester United, Everton or Spurs, the traditional powerhouses. You get 20,000 for finishing above Arsenal because reasons. Feel free to help yourself to that as a part of the next contract.

What's this, no bonuses for winning the Cwp? :colbert:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

A Tartan Tory posted:

What's this, no bonuses for winning the Cwp? :colbert:

We expect him to win the Cwp. it's part of his normal remuneration.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

I'd be more enthusiastic, but my rl football dreams have just been crushed by Jose loving Mourinho.

TKBomber7285
Feb 20, 2011
I did say during the campaign I would sign Scott Brown to a nice extension if elected and while the campaign failed, (for reasons I can't understand for the life of me) I'll still vote 2

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Dreamsicle posted:

Before I make a decision, I must know the salaries of the managers on clubs closest to you on the table. i want my vote to be as informed as possible.

4th: Chelsea, 74,000/wk
5th: Everton, 63,000/wk
6th: Tottenham, 81,000/wk
7th: Wrexham, 1,300/wk
8th: Reading, 31,500/wk
9th: Derby, 18,000/wk
10th: Liverpool, 68,000/wk

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Our player values are pretty low, because they're a function of team and player reputation. Shirra just won one of the two big awards in English Football, but is only worth 4.9m. Meanwhile the loaner from Manchester United is worth over 11m.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

tarbrush posted:

I'd be more enthusiastic, but my rl football dreams have just been crushed by Jose loving Mourinho.

I hate that loving guy. loving awful game today. What's so loving special about getting a fluke goal and having 11 men behind the ball at all times? Ugh. I am hoping Atletico win on an away goal this Wednesday to upset that boring gently caress.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I would be down wtih a 50K a week deal with bounties on megabastard teams, bounty on Europa League, and no raises for 3 years, after which we can discuss automatic raises in the event we stay above regulation.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

TheFlyingLlama posted:

You get the 3 year contract at £50k/wk, 20% yearly raise, but neither of the other two escalators. You've certainly done well, you don't really have as much leverage as you seem to think you have. One year in 7th place in the Premier league isn't enough to get you to a megabastard club, which are really the only improvements over Wrexham you could get in England.

ThePenIsMightier
Dec 21, 2009

TheFlyingLlama posted:

Thirded: I'd also be willing to renegotiate next year with additional escalation based on performance. You definitely earned a bigger contract.

Part of my reservations in going full hog come from the fact that I suspect mean average salary is a misleading statistic. One truth you've expressed to us is that premier league talent is concentrated. As a result, I feel that the megabastards drag league average way up. I'm interested in knowing how many clubs currently pay above the asked for £50K/wk? If it's more than 7, I'd be willing to vote for your bonus clauses.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
2, with an offer for a major extension once the 3 years are up.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

TheFlyingLlama posted:

I'm for this as well. We wouldn't be the first club to experience an Icarus effect in the PL: what really matters is consistency and we haven't had a chance to see that yet. Hell, I'd even be happy with a lower finish next season as long as our place in the top flight is solidified. Add any 'screw the megabastards' bonuses that you can and I'll sign off on all of them.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

The manager has been hard at work, and the results we've achieved is proof that we need Scott Brown!

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

habeasdorkus posted:

I hate that loving guy. loving awful game today. What's so loving special about getting a fluke goal and having 11 men behind the ball at all times? Ugh. I am hoping Atletico win on an away goal this Wednesday to upset that boring gently caress.

Even though I support the non AJ_Impy north London team I was also most upset at that Liverpool loss.

Anyways, 2.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

2 or 3. Give this man the pay he deserves, before he fucks off somewhere else.

Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

Could we please get a shot of Scott Shirra's stats?

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

habeasdorkus posted:

Scott Shirra needs a nickname.

I like the idea of calling him Surefire Shirra or Sure Thing Shirra.

habeasdorkus posted:

2) (Timidly) We'll have the contract drawn up immediately! Please, just don't leave us! (3 year contract at £50k/wk, 20% yearly raise, escalators to £65k/wk for Europa League qualification and £80k/wk for Champion's League qualification)

What is this loving Cleveland? Take the team to loving Baltimore you greedy insufferable cuss. :arghfist::reject:
Edit: This is a joke about the wrong type of 'football', you're welcome.

But seriously, 3.

Jenner fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Apr 28, 2014

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
More money

My change is GIVE ME BACK MY JOB :argh:

Ok, since that's not fair, let me think about it.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Sky Shadowing posted:

More money

My change is GIVE ME BACK MY JOB :argh:

Ok, since that's not fair, let me think about it.

If you need ideas, I have something amusing planned which should have far-reaching consequences just by changing one value.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
How about Scotty too Hotty Shirra?

No? Then how about Boom Shaka-Laka Shirra

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
There's always "Alan" Shirra.

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

I'm afraid we have no time for codes and manners.
Or Scott "She-Ra" Shirra. As he's known in Tackleford.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
poo poo-Hot Shirra.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Scott "The Showcase" Shirra.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

To me, the only option is "Shensational" Shcott Shirra, spoken in your best Sean Connery impersonation.

As for the contract, that new 3 option seems nice.

DJ Ramshackle
Nov 26, 2009

Not really a DJ

not quite a ramshackle

AJ_Impy posted:

If you need ideas, I have something amusing planned which should have far-reaching consequences just by changing one value.

Does it keep up the tradition of giving Scotland as much help as possible?

Also, 2.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

DJ Ramshackle posted:

Does it keep up the tradition of giving Scotland as much help as possible?

It's fair to say that it will not inconvenience or trouble Scotland, and there may be benefits in the long run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

AJ_Impy posted:

What's the idea, if it's sufficiently hilarious I may pick it.

• Locked thread