Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Would the Hand be with Marvel or Fox? They are a pretty big part of a bunch of peoples stories. Though I'd think they'd mostly be Daredevil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

twistedmentat posted:

Would the Hand be with Marvel or Fox? They are a pretty big part of a bunch of peoples stories. Though I'd think they'd mostly be Daredevil.

Well, Marvel owns Daredevil now, so if that's your concern...

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

twistedmentat posted:

They were the villains of the Elektra movie, so they're part of the Daredevil rights which have reverted to Marvel.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

jscolon2.0 posted:

They were the villains of the Elektra movie, so they're part of the Daredevil rights which have reverted to Marvel.

That's right, I keep forgetting about that.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

twistedmentat posted:

That's right, I keep forgetting about that.

Nobody should have to remember the Elektra movie.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

boom boom boom posted:

This is kinda sad.

I agree, it's pretty sad that people in the world have different opinions about things. loving tragic.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.
So they've all been exposed to darkforce. Anybody think Tripplet and simmons could make a decent Cloak and Dagger? I just want more people with powers on the show.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Hell no, I'm still holding out on Gemma being Madame Hydra :colbert:

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Soylentbits posted:

So they've all been exposed to darkforce. Anybody think Tripplet and simmons could make a decent Cloak and Dagger? I just want more people with powers on the show.

Hah, that's a fun idea. I always forget that Cloak, the superhero whose powers are "super-blackness", is actually black himself. Really shouldn't be that hard to remember.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're lucky that character has the 2 names. They can just use her eventually if they want without making people think of Wolverine.

Assuming they have rights. I'm not sure how Fox did.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Cloak and Dagger were retconed into being mutants during the X-Men cartoon everybody is a Mutant boom so I don't know if Marvel can go there.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

SirDan3k posted:

Cloak and Dagger were retconed into being mutants during the X-Men cartoon everybody is a Mutant boom so I don't know if Marvel can go there.

Eh they'll just be introduced as a member of a secret species known as the Ootantmays.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
Turn, Turn, Turn aired in the UK this week - a fantastic episode. It does feel like all the plotlines built to no one being able to trust one another, which was great. It's been a slow burning start, but given the world changing events of Captain America 2, it's kinda expected that they were just treading water. Possibly they could have changed the original air date to result in fewer filler episodes.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Medullah posted:

Eh they'll just be introduced as a member of a secret species known as the Ootantmays.

I think you mean "Miracles".

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

jscolon2.0 posted:

I think you mean "Miracles".

That struck(-er) me as really odd, as I assumed they were going all Kurt Busiek/Ed Brubaker and coining the term 'marvels'. I guess someone thought it was too cheesy?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

SirDan3k posted:

I'm pretty sure they've gone back on that and its just been from drugs.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

muscles like this? posted:

I'm pretty sure they've gone back on that and its just been from drugs.

I don't know how recons and un-retcons would even begin to work at a contract level. I just don't think marvel would be willing to risk that row.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Well they are using quicksilver and Scarlet Witch without calling em mutants so....

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

I hate to be all "but that's different" but really that's different Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch were a staple of the Avengers for a long time but Cloak and Dagger were essentially Spider-man properties.

Heck I just realized I wouldn't even know where to classify Cloak and Dagger they might be tied up with Spider-man via association or X-Men for being on again off again mutants or just general Marvel.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

SirDan3k posted:

I hate to be all "but that's different" but really that's different Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch were a staple of the Avengers for a long time but Cloak and Dagger were essentially Spider-man properties.

Heck I just realized I wouldn't even know where to classify Cloak and Dagger they might be tied up with Spider-man via association or X-Men for being on again off again mutants or just general Marvel.

Sounds like a job for the continuity lawyers! Literally.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Consider Sony still hasn't pulled in any other heroes for their Spidey stuff they probably only have rights to villains.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I wonder if the Great Lakes Avengers characters are in the same situation as Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The MSJ posted:

I wonder if the Great Lakes Avengers characters are in the same situation as Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

Squirrel Girl will only work in a movie where they can have a awkward scene between her and Wolverine.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Squirrel Girl will only work in a movie where they can have a awkward scene between her and Wolverine.

I dunno man, Dr. Doom is probably her main arch-enemy but Thanos is right up there with him. She'd be a good fit with the mythos that Marvel is building, maybe save the day in Avengers 3.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

XboxPants posted:

I dunno man, Dr. Doom is probably her main arch-enemy but Thanos is right up there with him. She'd be a good fit with the mythos that Marvel is building, maybe save the day in Avengers 3.

Squirrel girl steals the Thanos-chopper

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

And then throws Dr. Doom out of it.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

bobkatt013 posted:

Add in Hellcat as her crimefighting partner, use it as a stealth method to build to a Mllie The Model movie.

This plan is flawless.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
First romantic comedy with a $300M CG budget.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Disney should definitely introduce a line of Patsy Walker romcoms with no obvious Marvel ties, and then suddenly out of nowhere turn one of them into a Hellcat movie with no warning at all.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
Solid episode of SHIELD again this week, the season may actually average out okay at this rate.

"Huh" was by far the best way to wrap up the Coulson mystery (now let us never speak of it again).

Skye seemed genuinely competent and I loved that she went for the Nazi card right out of the gate.

Ward's particular flavour of delusional manchild evil where he thinks he's just playing spy games is great but I hope they don't try and steam role a quick redemption arc in the last two episodes (unless it's for Deathlok).

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Yeah, I'm hoping they don't try to redeem Ward as well. He's much more interesting as an antagonist and he's killed too many people to just be forgiven because he had a rough childhood or whatever reason they use to justify it.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

One internet comment suggested that Ward should be Taskmaster all along.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

How could you possibly know who's chopper it was?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

zoux posted:

How could you possibly know who's chopper it was?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Drat!

Truly the most sinister villain.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Now that Thanos is an ultimate big bad, does anyone ever go, "hey, didn't you used to fly around in a big dumb helicopter?"

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

zoux posted:

Now that Thanos is an ultimate big bad, does anyone ever go, "hey, didn't you used to fly around in a big dumb helicopter?"

Not really. That story isn't part of regular canon.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Besides, it's not like he can fly or anything. There's nothing wrong with using a good, old-fashioned helicopter once in a while. :)

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

The MSJ posted:

One internet comment suggested that Ward should be Taskmaster all along.

As much as I'd love to see some photographic reflexes on the show they don't have anything in common except for a rough childhood and holding pretty low values of human life. On the plus side they could recast him with a stuntman in a skull mask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SaintFu
Aug 27, 2006

Where's your god now?
Apparently, Syfy intends to adapt Frank Miller's Ronin as a miniseries.

Fifteen or twenty years ago I would have been psyched for this, but now, I just don't know . . .