Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Bombogenesis posted:

So, dicking around with Ghost Rider, is Hellfire worth using as a basic over Chain Thrash? I'm having a stupid amount of fun with the character so far but I've always preferred ranged types in these games.
I wanted to do a Hellfire(tree)-focused Ghost Rider, but Hellfire is a pretty shithouse basic. It feels really unsatisfying to use, and I found the fireball effect of it too small to be any good. Chain Lash is a lot better as it does more raw dps, isn't a projectile, has as much range as you'd ever need, permanently boosts itself with Idol of Khonshu's, and 1 point in Chains Ablaze will give it spirit restore so you can go back to using your real abilities Inferno/Damnation faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
My favorite thing in this game may be the unfailing optimism of the trash mooks.

"Huh, it's some kind of horrible flaming bird lady thing and if anyone gets near her she explodes into a hellish nuclear holocaust. But I have this pretttttyyyy sweet baseball bat...TAKE EM OUT!"

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
I love how pumped mooks get if one of them actually manages to take one of you down.

"I did it! Man, I am made in this town!"

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

I ain't afraid a yous!

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I just started playing. My free hero was Punisher. Woo. :effort:

When does this infinite respec thing stop working?

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax

this is loving great, thanks for sharing.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

I ain't afraid a yous!

I'm gonna put you in the ground" is my favorite voice clip in the game. The Maggia are the best mooks.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

StarkRavingMad posted:

My favorite thing in this game may be the unfailing optimism of the trash mooks.

"Huh, it's some kind of horrible flaming bird lady thing and if anyone gets near her she explodes into a hellish nuclear holocaust. But I have this pretttttyyyy sweet baseball bat...TAKE EM OUT!"

I loved all the ones who keep rushing toward Scarlet Witch and just drop dead from Ruinous Flux.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I just started playing. My free hero was Punisher. Woo. :effort:

When does this infinite respec thing stop working?
I believe end of this week.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Past week or three's haul:

-Picked up two random splinter boxes: Cable ult token, Thing ult token (this seriously has the highest drop rate anecdotally).

-Spent splinters on Magick for a team-up because she's a badass with some sort of psi-beam-saber

Then the event hits:
-Random hero: Cyclops ult token
-Random costume: Some Iron Man skin, I now have 3 Iron Mens and no Iron Man (Heart Breaker, Silver Centurion, some other one now)
-3xOdin mark chests whenever those pop up, 30-40 cube shards so far

Only having 550Gs left and all the cheap heroes, as well as not being interested in the cheaper costumes, I gambled another random hero this month with splinters: Nightcrawler!!!

RNG feels cruel when you don't win. So far I'm pretty low on the RNG love totem.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

chumbler posted:

I'm gonna put you in the ground" is my favorite voice clip in the game. The Maggia are the best mooks.

Of the many wonderful things about Fiskmas, the best was hearing "WASTE DEEZ GUYZ" every 5 seconds for like 4 hours a night. Maggia own.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Soothing Vapors posted:

Of the many wonderful things about Fiskmas, the best was hearing "WASTE DEEZ GUYZ" every 5 seconds for like 4 hours a night. Maggia own.

I know it was unintentional, but they really should make Fiskmas an event. Run it twice a year. Fiskmas In July, and then in December.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
Tried those RNDMCSTM and RNDMHRO keys and they're already expired. I know you've got to be fast with those but I'm a little surprised they didn't last at least through Sunday.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
Streaming Marvel All night with mumble commentary and ANIMERAP.TXT

http://twitch.tv/pyronicex

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Have they said how long Beast is going to be hanging around for turn ins?

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

StarkRavingMad posted:

Playing a Luke Cage, it's fun to go through Purifier territory, find about a dozen of their minigunners all in one big pile, and just stand there and let them unload. It's a fun spark-lightshow, but I don't quite think they understand the whole 'bulletproof skin' part.

The game is great at making you feel superheroic, though. When multiple minigunners are unloading on you at near-point-blank and doing zero damage, you feel unstoppable.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I kinda want one of these.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Toshimo posted:

I kinda want one of these.

its the best pvp ring. better go do 60 pvp matches.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
Stop putting tenacity on poo poo.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

But tenacity fixes all the problems. It says so right in the spreadsheets.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Green Goblin or Dock Ock medals for Black Widow? Goblin is roughly 300 more DR and 1000 health, Dock Ock is 300 crit rating on area and 18% radius.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
TC trip report: Sue's graphics look a lot more like the Invisible Woman and a lot less like an energy blaster from City of Heroes. Her trees are still a mess, the Crusher is still insanely retarded, her damage feels low and she feels incredibly squishy, but we've made progress!

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Oh man, I just remembered Nova still isn't out yet.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Ghostlight posted:

I wanted to do a Hellfire(tree)-focused Ghost Rider, but Hellfire is a pretty shithouse basic. It feels really unsatisfying to use, and I found the fireball effect of it too small to be any good. Chain Lash is a lot better as it does more raw dps, isn't a projectile, has as much range as you'd ever need, permanently boosts itself with Idol of Khonshu's, and 1 point in Chains Ablaze will give it spirit restore so you can go back to using your real abilities Inferno/Damnation faster.

Thanks for the input. I actually had a unique drop that boosts chain skills a little after that post, so I have a reason to use it now!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

DrPaper posted:

Oh man, I just remembered Nova still isn't out yet.

Save this post for next year too. I have seen the future.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Eiffel On You posted:

Save this post for next year too. I have seen the future.

am I still a virgin in the future?

Beethovens Fist Symphony
Oct 21, 2008
Oven Wrangler

Kelp Plankton posted:

Squirrel words

Been playing around with a pet damage-focused Squirrel Girl this weekend myself, and if you haven't yet I'd suggest giving Squirrel Saboteurs a whirl. At point blank range all 3 saboteurs will hit your target, and with high +pet damage gear the damage seems to be comparable or better than Nutcracker. Plus you don't have to worry about spirit. As an aside, Saboteurs count as mob deaths so if you have a Symbiote Infestation or the like it'll proc that regularly.

I have echoes of old school D2 skelly necro with SG now, just hanging in the background behind an army of squirrels, a sentinel, a frost giant, a raptor, and symbiotes just lobbin' even more squirrels at stuff. :feelsgood:

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Soothing Vapors posted:

am I still a virgin in the future?

Virgins are people who live in Virginia. I know you don't live there. That should answer your question!

Also, with all the little issues with boosts running down, login issues, etc. I'm wondering if Gaz has any additional plans to make up for some of the mishaps.

I would love the event extended into the next weekend is what I'm saying. :)

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

StarkRavingMad posted:

I'm personally a fan of those MGH mooks who shout "YOU THINK THOSE POWERS ARE GONNA SAVE YA". And then Luke throws a car at them :allears:

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

LordHippoman posted:

I'm personally a fan of those MGH mooks who shout "YOU THINK THOSE POWERS ARE GONNA SAVE YA". And then Luke throws a car at them :allears:

They're great and Magia are great but I'm not seeing nearly enough love for ensorcelling on this page.

Related: who is everyone's favorite A.I.M. employee? I like the guy who tells chemistry jokes.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Preheated Toast posted:

I have echoes of old school D2 skelly necro with SG now, just hanging in the background behind an army of squirrels, a sentinel, a frost giant, a raptor, and symbiotes just lobbin' even more squirrels at stuff. :feelsgood:
So Doomsaw's "SG is totes gonna play like a skelliemancer guys!!" claim has been vindicated at last? :aaaaa:

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

Eiffel On You posted:

Virgins are people who live in Virginia. I know you don't live there. That should answer your question!

Also, with all the little issues with boosts running down, login issues, etc. I'm wondering if Gaz has any additional plans to make up for some of the mishaps.

I would love the event extended into the next weekend is what I'm saying. :)

RNDMCSTM2 and RNDMHRO2

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.

Irony.or.Death posted:

They're great and Magia are great but I'm not seeing nearly enough love for ensorcelling on this page.

"Make them fear us! Sparkleheim!"

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I bet Sparkleheim is genuinely lovely.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Irony.or.Death posted:

Related: who is everyone's favorite A.I.M. employee? I like the guy who tells chemistry jokes.

I love the guys standing around with clip boards who have the loving balls to try and fight a floating wizard.

IAmUnaware
Jan 31, 2012
I just started playing this weekend and I'm loving the flow of free stuff and XP, but I'm not really sure what to do with some of it. What's the best way to spend these Cube Shards and Mysterious Eggs?

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

DrOgreface posted:

RNDMCSTM2 and RNDMHRO2

Stop playing with my emotions. :(

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

DrOgreface posted:

RNDMCSTM2 and RNDMHRO2

Though it wouldn't surprise me if they did this in two months. They'll need to do something to top this week, and without this, it would be hard to so much as break even.

EDIT: Come to think of it, won't their anniversary be awfully close to Steam Summer Sale time? Probably just enough to not hit it, but it'd be a hell of a time to do something.

HPanda fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Apr 28, 2014

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

HPanda posted:

They'll need to do something to top this week, and without this, it would be hard to so much as break even.

Birthday Basket: contains a random costume for the hero that opens it.

(Doomsaw reads this thread, right?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

An anniversary pet would be neat too.

• Locked thread