Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

TheChad posted:

Oh yeah he was loving obnoxious there. His play in the first two games let's me forgive him a bit though.

I got this weird flowchart going on where if someone is an rear end in a top hat but they play really well and entertainingly, I won't forgive them. But if they're an rear end in a top hat, are skilled/entertaining, AND handsome, I will.

Which I guess answers the age-old question of "Guys, seriously, I can't figure out whether Prolly is good-looking or not?", at least for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

Travelin' at the speed of light.
That was an...interesting replay, to be sure.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Jayisspecial posted:

If this was true would Cruzer be one of the best tops in the LCS? Being a top lane tank means playing a boring champ consistently, knowing when to teleport, and being there as the core of team fight mechanics. For whatever reason, only Dyrus and Balls do it well enough to make it useful. The other teams abandon it and just let their tops play out of meta because hell, atleast they get something done even if it's not to the team's benefit. I think Zion is underrated though and he'd look great on CLG.

Yeah, but Zion has demonstrated that he can shine on tanky champs. I just think it's wrong to assume that because a guy plays off-meta to try to carry his crappy team that he can't play the meta.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
Hahaha, that production

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Link I love you but you're such an awkward nerd in front of the camera. They should've brought Doublelift.

Jessie Tanner
Jan 18, 2013
I have a bad feeling about this series now that CLB got utterly destroyed. The possibility of a comeback is very real all of a sudden, especially considering how easily CLB goes on tilt. Westrice's piss-poor performances certainly ain't helping either.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Every single pro player is a big time dorko who hasn't done any public speaking since 7th grade so idk what you want.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Remember that 9 hour long live interview between travis and double lift where double lift explained that he liked asian women at all stars last year.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

Jessie Tanner posted:

I have a bad feeling about this series now that CLB got utterly destroyed. The possibility of a comeback is very real all of a sudden, especially considering how easily CLB goes on tilt. Westrice's piss-poor performances certainly ain't helping either.

I'd like to see them get him Jax for the next game. He couldn't match Zion's movement tank for tank in the last game anyhow.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Every single pro player is a big time dorko who hasn't done any public speaking since 7th grade so idk what you want.

I want scarra/krepo/doublelift who can analyze the game while also being charismatic.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Typical Pubbie posted:

Yeah, but Zion has demonstrated that he can shine on tanky champs. I just think it's wrong to assume that because a guy plays off-meta to try to carry his crappy team that he can't play the meta.

The difference is that Zion on a meta champion is not near as good as Dyrus or Balls on a meta champion.

Edit: And keep in mind this series, Zion is facing Westrice... who looks like a Diamond 3 top lane.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Is Westrice always this bad or is it the legendary LAN Jitters? He wouldn't be the first one to be choking on-stage.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Previous Jesus posted:

This is really the key.

Also, Nintendude was also incredibly obnoxious and unlikable when he casted NACL, if I remember correctly.

Brokenshard made fun of Nintendude the whole time that cast, and Nintendude just sort of rolled with it.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Monathin posted:

Is Westrice always this bad or is it the legendary LAN Jitters? He wouldn't be the first one to be choking on-stage.

Westrice has played a shitload of lans, he's just not very good and none of his comfort champs are any good.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

Brokenshard made fun of Nintendude the whole time that cast, and Nintendude just sort of rolled with it.

Yeah, Nintendude is super chill and makes fun of himself the whole time when he streams.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Westrice has played a shitload of lans, he's just not very good and none of his comfort champs are any good.

He has played a lot of LANs but he chokes on them too. Some people just can't play live.

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012
CLB lost at champ select.

Westrice on lee sin is going to be a loving disaster.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Jerkface posted:

The difference is that Zion on a meta champion is not near as good as Dyrus or Balls on a meta champion.

Edit: And keep in mind this series, Zion is facing Westrice... who looks like a Diamond 3 top lane.

I don't think Zion is better than Dyrus or Balls. But I do think that a team doing poorly exerts a lot of mental pressure on a player like Zion to take risks and go big. This is exactly what happened to Dyrus in the final against C9. Lots of bad decisions, over-extending in the lane and getting crushed by Balls and Meteos in all three games. No one accused Dyrus of being bad at the meta.

Imagine if Dyrus was on Coast. I think he'd be subject to the exact same criticism as Zion.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Not sure about giving a play making champion like lee sin to Westrice. I guess when you can't do the other stuff may as well try something new.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

steakmancer posted:

There must always be a Zuna in LCS
My friend on twitter said the exact same thing about him a couple hours ago, he isn't playing like Zuna yet, so I don't get the comparison

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

CLB is going to lose this series :(

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

Damiya posted:

CLB lost at champ select.

Westrice on lee sin is going to be a loving disaster.

Westrice is one of those top players who is better off meta and loves assassins, but he does the tank thing for his team. It's kind of a toss up on whether it works or not.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Jerkface posted:

CLB is going to lose this series :(

Can Westrice tap out mid-series? Is that allowed?

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
Quick OGN question: my friend's about to watch KTB vs Shield, but doesn't have time for all 5. Which games are worth watching? I didn't see it myself so dunno, but obviously game 5 simply as the final game.

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012

Jayisspecial posted:

Westrice is one of those top players who is better off meta and loves assassins, but he does the tank thing for his team. It's kind of a toss up on whether it works or not.

his decision making is terrible tho, and good Lee Sin play involves knowing when to go hard and when to dip out.

Westrice does not have the skill to make those kind of decisions correctly and will just get completely hosed by Zion.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
christ jatt is just making GBS threads on him, yeesh.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
What the hell are coL Black doing?

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
That was an amazing throw.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Remember that 9 hour long live interview between travis and double lift where double lift explained that he liked asian women at all stars last year.

I thought Doublelift's crush on Janna's Korean voice actress was common knowledge

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Previous Jesus posted:

making GBS threads themselves.... RIGHT up until the second they win the game with an early 2-0

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Previous Jesus posted:

Winning

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
And Complexity bounces back! WHOOMP, THERE IT IS!

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

Well, Coast were winning until they were losing! :v:

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Servaetes posted:

christ jatt is just making GBS threads on him, yeesh.

I don't think I'd be surprised if Jatt started spitting every time Phreak mentioned Westrice or something.

mastermind2004
Sep 14, 2007

I just kind of want CLB in to have the inevitable confusion about CLB versus CLG games.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

mastermind2004 posted:

I just kind of want CLB in to have the inevitable confusion about CLB versus CLG games.

Maybe compLexity would fire their other team into the sun so they could just go by coL.

I love Jatt. No other caster would be dumping on Westrice like he deserves. e: No other American caster.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

mastermind2004 posted:

If they make it in they'll just be known as COL.

silly
Jul 15, 2004

"I saw it get by the mound, and I saw Superman at second base."
My proposal after watching today's games is to make NA LCS a six team league because this has been atrocious. Though I'll admit some of the blame lies with the current state of the meta.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Good job westrice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Holy poo poo, Westrice made a play and it worked!

• Locked thread