Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
##Vote A

For a semi-independent Valerian Order! Hail Valeria!

Necroskowitz fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Apr 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Windy
Mar 26, 2010
##Vote B

I really want to see a new version of the Holy Roman Empire, that being the Roman Empire! It is a shame that it looks like A is winning :(

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
##Vote A!

Honestly, it puts us on the best footing for EU4. And it seems pretty fun!

Unwise_Cashew
Jan 19, 2014
##Vote A

Man, i have clearly been away far too long. A Russian prince overtaking our fair Byzantium...err, Rome, a Chinese invasion final-boss, and to defeat it we team up with the all of our old enemies, all the while watching the final Yaroslavich's swan song before handing over the reins to an Englishman? Glorious. I guess its unfortunately time to put the old flag out to pasture.

Well, hopefully A gives the Valerians a chance to do something amazing (like maybe they're really lucky? wink wink, nudge nudge)

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
##Vote A

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

## Vote B EU4 is too easy to win, so take the option which cripples us in a fun way.

occipitallobe
Jul 16, 2012

## Vote B, the Holy Roman Roman Empire sounds like a great thing to have LPed.

ManicMarine
Oct 9, 2012
##B: The Roman Holy Roman Empire
This is by far the most interesting solution. It's also a far better simulation of the intrigues inherent in a large multinational empire such as ours than normal EU4, which would make us essentially indistinguishable from a 19th century absolute monarch.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

##B: The Roman Holy Roman Empire! For a more fun (and dangerous!) LP!

Sparq
Feb 10, 2014

If you're using an AC/20, you only need to hit the target once. If the target's still standing, you oughta be somewhere else anyway.
##Vote A mostly because B means we become a sea of multicoloured pebbles in the map. The Map demands BLOBS. :colbert:

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
## VOTE A

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Sparq posted:

##Vote A mostly because B means we become a sea of multicoloured pebbles in the map. The Map demands BLOBS. :colbert:

They'll all be purple-ish pebbles! So we'll stand out from the crowd. :v:

Hutter
Feb 16, 2011

It's been giving me nightmares.
## B!

It sounds like a fun kind of game. And I think we should be able to centralize eventually and begin an more "conventional" game from there. A good balance between not starting strong and becoming a super blob at the end of the game, and completely hampering us for the sake of it.

Could I suggest splitting up other blobs present (looking at you France) into some vassals and such? Even if it is not completely "correct" according to the converter? So we don't get a France that covers half of Europe?

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Hutter posted:

## B!

It sounds like a fun kind of game. And I think we should be able to centralize eventually and begin an more "conventional" game from there. A good balance between not starting strong and becoming a super blob at the end of the game, and completely hampering us for the sake of it.

Could I suggest splitting up other blobs present (looking at you France) into some vassals and such? Even if it is not completely "correct" according to the converter? So we don't get a France that covers half of Europe?

France in particular will be split up and balanced around our own power level, since preliminary work on the mod all points to them being our main enemy.

So if B wins, France will be more nerfed than if A wins, which might just see a couple of the more important ck2 vassals released.

LJN92
Mar 5, 2014

## Vote A

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Rincewind posted:

France in particular will be split up and balanced around our own power level, since preliminary work on the mod all points to them being our main enemy.

So if B wins, France will be more nerfed than if A wins, which might just see a couple of the more important ck2 vassals released.

But you're the human, don't nerf it, you can beat the robot!

Lord Windy
Mar 26, 2010

ZearothK posted:

But you're the human, don't nerf it, you can beat the robot!

This scenario might get released however, so it's good for balancing reasons.

I hope it is, I want to play the Pope.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
I ##Vote A, as the Byzantine state is far less fractured than suggested - as I proposed, the Turkic territories are best suited to a Holy Roman Empire. With effective administrative reform to reduce feudal systems and instead grant increased autonomy to the more particularly powerful segments of the empire, the traitorous douxes and doukessas shouldn't be as much of a thorn in our side. These past few centuries and our worst enemies have been our own vassals, and some would propose to give them the kind of increased power and independence to more firmly overthrow the empire? Unthinkable. Here we have the opportunity to end the prospect of widespread civil war once and for all, whyever would we refuse?

(that said, there should totally be cores for all these independent little duchies to try and revolt to claim independence - same goes for a lot of the blobbier places like the HRE and France, that way the pretty borders faction achieves maximum angriness :v:)

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

##Vote A

pointlesspart
Feb 26, 2011
##Vote B

Rome is the largest blob and should receive its just reward.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

The Phanariote Committee

Gurgen II Qutuzid

Great, so now we're actually Romans instead of glorious Byzantines? You're all just putting air under the Unitas wings, you know that right? No matter I suppose, seeing as how the vote has gone past.

##Vote A

Though they attacked us and all, the Ming Empire and its administration has proven stable enough to fling a surprisingly great number of troops across their continent to invade ours. That alone must show their ways are superior in some areas, despite them crumbling during these last 60 years.

Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

If I could only somewhere find Aias, master of the warcry, then we could go forth and again ignite our battle-lust, even in the face of the gods themselves.
##vote B

BwenGun
Dec 1, 2013

##Vote A

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
##vote B

I've never messed around much with the HRE mechanics in EUIV, so seeing it in action would be pretty neat.

Beet
Aug 24, 2003
As primarily a lurker in this thread, I love the idea of the RHRE, but at the same time, what of the actual HRE? If we were to allow it to keep it status as the special realm in EUIV, would it include England in its borders? I think that itself would make for compelling results.

LJN92
Mar 5, 2014

Beet posted:

As primarily a lurker in this thread, I love the idea of the RHRE, but at the same time, what of the actual HRE? If we were to allow it to keep it status as the special realm in EUIV, would it include England in its borders? I think that itself would make for compelling results.

RHRE = Roman Holy Roman Empire?

Cestrian
Nov 5, 2011
This is the best lets play I've ever read. Marvelously entertaining.

And the holy roman roman empire seems like it will be the most fun of these options.

##vote B

Though given I mostly get my arse kicked in eu4, I'm not sure about the idea of how it's too easy unless you nerf yourself.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

##Vote A

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Beet posted:

The HRE itself is like 10 members, so it'll probably either be a more unified state under whoever has the most power of it, or something like the Timurids or Japan, with the HRE mechanics applied elsewhere. England kind of stopped having much to do with the HRE once it went kablooey though. I think a shogunate-type government for both would be most fitting, actually, and as for their relations, I think something like the Iberian Wedding would work for them, which would trigger should they both unify into Germany/England and have a royal marriage, in relevance to when England indeed came into the HRE only for it to be screwed up.

That said, actually calling them the Holy Roman Empire would be a bit...yeah. They're even less holy, Roman, or an empire than the OTL one was cited to not be. It might as well be Germany by this point, and even if it weren't called that on the conversion, it will almost certainly form Germany or maybe Prussia for all we know in short order.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

The HRE should've really turned into Germany when the schism was mended. At the very least I'm of the opinion that they should be called Germany (or Saxony) on EU4, as long as rince doesn't mess with them being Orthodox.

Blackunknown
Oct 18, 2013

##Vote A

Averrences
May 3, 2008
##Vote A

The Chinese have had an interesting influence on our development to say the least, not even taking into the account the influence on the wider European situation!

We must adapt to survive, there are many parts of their system that could effectively be emulated to our advantage, in the long run we shall re-establish ourselves as the Christian Orthodox counterweight to the Oriental Heatherny of the East.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

##Vote A, though not because I have any respect for the Ming :colbert: Even if they had never shown up I would say that bureaucracy, rather than a scheming gang of nobles, is the best foundation for an empire.

And besides, a Valerian-Order-held Alexandria is too cool to pass up.

DentedLamp
Aug 2, 2012
We're just going to romp around with cumbersome blobs and an unsatisfying narrative of Rome Conquers everything if we don't ##Vote B, guys.

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
##Vote A

E: Forgot to bold.

Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013
##Vote A

Ubern00b
Nov 4, 2009

LJN92 posted:

RHRE = Roman Holy Roman Empire?

The Holy Roman Empire of the Byzantine Nation.

Or the Holy Byzantine Empire of the Senate and People of Rome, of course :v:.

I am sure the term "byzantine" will have pretty much the same connotations the world over as in OTL, based on our glorious senate and the douxes.

##Vote A

Gnooble
Sep 29, 2010

Commander, make full speed to JP1 and activate your active sensor to keep watch for any unauthorized transits.
##Vote C

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007
:D
##Vote A, obviously.

Mind, despite the underhanded methods of the Old Romans, we did keep the important part of being Byzantium - the purple on the map.

Gyra_Solune posted:

The HRE itself is like 10 members, so it'll probably either be a more unified state under whoever has the most power of it, or something like the Timurids or Japan, with the HRE mechanics applied elsewhere. England kind of stopped having much to do with the HRE once it went kablooey though. I think a shogunate-type government for both would be most fitting, actually, and as for their relations, I think something like the Iberian Wedding would work for them, which would trigger should they both unify into Germany/England and have a royal marriage, in relevance to when England indeed came into the HRE only for it to be screwed up.

That said, actually calling them the Holy Roman Empire would be a bit...yeah. They're even less holy, Roman, or an empire than the OTL one was cited to not be. It might as well be Germany by this point, and even if it weren't called that on the conversion, it will almost certainly form Germany or maybe Prussia for all we know in short order.

I'd suggest that we avoid calling them Germany, if only because they're not going to include all of the Germans anyway, so having Germany as the unification goal is more interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnooble
Sep 29, 2010

Commander, make full speed to JP1 and activate your active sensor to keep watch for any unauthorized transits.

ChrisAsmadi posted:

Mind, despite the underhanded methods of the Old Romans, we did keep the important part of being Byzantium - the purple on the map.

A single Old Roman, without the knowledge of most of us.

• Locked thread