Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

i wish i wasnt a turd at pinball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Notorious QIG posted:

play more pinball then

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Notorious QIG posted:

1v1 me at the windows xp pinball game

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Awia posted:

play more pinball then

but im bad at it

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Notorious QIG posted:

but im bad at it

girls cant play pinball lol

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Jerry Cotton posted:

girls cant play pinball lol

which is surprising because i have spent a lot of time playing with balls

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Notorious QIG posted:

but im bad at it

the endless cycle continues

if you just play pinball for 10,000 hours youll be a professional

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Awia posted:

alternatively become deaf dumb and blind

Balobam
Apr 28, 2012

Awia posted:

so in 8.5k hours ill be a dota master

ti15 here i come

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Notorious QIG posted:

just quoting to say i get the reference

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Awia posted:

just quoting to say i get the reference

captain_america_i_get_that_reference.gif

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Notorious QIG posted:

get pinball arcade, learn the rules to one table and play it til u get all the standard goals and some of the wizard goals

read through this and watch these

find urself a good irl table for the stuff that doesn't work in pinball arcade due to its awful physics

when ur really bad its nice to find one of those places where u can pay by the hour and they got the games on free play

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Notorious QIG posted:

and travel from soho down to brighton

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Werthog 95 posted:

get pinball arcade, learn the rules to one table and play it til u get all the standard goals and some of the wizard goals

read through this and watch these

find urself a good irl table for the stuff that doesn't work in pinball arcade due to its awful physics

when ur really bad its nice to find one of those places where u can pay by the hour and they got the games on free play

will file under "things to do when bored this summer", thanks

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

and travel from soho down to brighton

u idiot, that's the other guy not tommy

this guy

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

have u even SEEN tommy

GODDDD

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

RING
THEM
BELLS

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

does tommy play by sense of smell

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

yes.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
c ds2 s: started a new character to do a no shields, covenant of champions run :unsmigghh:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Kuvo posted:

c ds2 s: started a new character to do a no shields, covenant of champions run :unsmigghh:

im losing interest in my ratbro character, i dont have the souls to buy the fall damage ring and im not sure i have enough to health to survive the fall anyway. i could go get the ladder guy but ugh im only in huntsmans copse and he's far from there

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

i'm pretty sure the fall is an instant death without a ladder of some kind

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Notorious QIG posted:

im losing interest in my ratbro character, i dont have the souls to buy the fall damage ring and im not sure i have enough to health to survive the fall anyway. i could go get the ladder guy but ugh im only in huntsmans copse and he's far from there

bro op some bosses for a while, or eat some of the boss souls that don't have good weapons (all of them)

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

scamtank posted:

i'm pretty sure the fall is an instant death without a ladder of some kind

it's possible to do with the fall ring, high enough health, and (possibly) fall control. that said it is definitely easier with a ladder

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

keyboard vomit posted:

bro op some bosses for a while, or eat some of the boss souls that don't have good weapons (all of them)

the boss soul items are really disappointing this time around, i went out of my way to get ornifex early and she's just not useful

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Notorious QIG posted:

it's possible to do with the fall ring, high enough health, and (possibly) fall control. that said it is definitely easier with a ladder

the fall rings enough

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
even with the ring the fall does a huge amount of damage, p. sure that if you somehow bought the ring at level 1 you'd still not be able to make it

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

haveblue posted:

even with the ring the fall does a huge amount of damage, p. sure that if you somehow bought the ring at level 1 you'd still not be able to make it

well yeah, but my char is like lvl 32 or something and ive dumped a few points in vit, i think i can survive the fall at full health with the ring

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

prefect posted:

i've watched videos of people playing pinball, but they generally don't try to narrate things. at most, you'll get an explanation of something they're trying to trigger

those are the only lets plays that are any good cause pinball machines are indecipherable to normal people

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Notorious QIG posted:

the boss soul items are really disappointing this time around, i went out of my way to get ornifex early and she's just not useful

the only one i've been using consistently is the dragonrider bow, and that's because it takes so long to get a non-shortbow, and even then I mostly use it to aggro enemies from outside fireball range

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

keyboard vomit posted:

the only one i've been using consistently is the dragonrider bow, and that's because it takes so long to get a non-shortbow, and even then I mostly use it to aggro enemies from outside fireball range

my main lady uses the watcher shield, it has crazy high resists if you sink a few dragon bones into it and she's strong like bull so it doesn't encumber her p much at all. i facetanked 90% of the final boss's attacks with that thing

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

also i'm really glad i said gently caress it to the blue sentinels and killed their boss, because holy poo poo do you have to do a lot of fights to get his armor

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Al! posted:

fart holes poo

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

speaking of pinball, i joined the league

yesterday i got my rear end handed to me by a 13 year old boy and a 10 year old girl

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Notorious QIG posted:

which is surprising because i have spent a lot of time playing with balls

hhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiyoooooooo

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Dodoman posted:

hhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiyoooooooo

congrats on getting literally the most obvious joke ever i guess

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

balls = testicles

Nevett
Aug 31, 2001

haveblue posted:

fall damage in dark souls is worked out as a percentage of your (human) max health, to avoid this problem

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
fall control spell is pretty pro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Yodzilla posted:

fall control spell is pretty pro