Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
The time wasting was annoying to watch but it really upset the Liverpool players, so I guess that's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

tbp posted:

Yep.

It's funny how predictable Gerrard is. Anyone who has ever seen Liverpool go down esp. due to a Gerrard mistake knew what was coming, relentless 40 yard passes and shots from 25 yards out constantly. What's annoying is that, if they were done earlier maybe Schwarzer would have hosed up a bit, but once it was obvious he'd be taking the shot if he got an inch of space it was over

I wonder what Rodgers' half-time talk was. I also have no idea how easily you can play in a calm, intelligent way when the atmosphere is so charged up.

But all of you guys are spot-on as far as how Liverpool lost composure. After the first 5-10 minutes of the second half, you kind of knew it wasn't going to work out because the kind of intelligent short passing you need to get past massed defenders like Chelsea's wasn't there.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
It's dull as hell to watch, but it is remarkable how impossible Chelsea are to break down when they choose to be.

Mourinho probably makes them even better at it, but they were still the best in Europe at playing that way without him.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Hegay posted:

This was what Mourinho told Danish TV when he got interviewed

"What I saw was that it was impossible for them[Liverpool] to play the way they play and because they couldn't play the way they play, they started doing things they normally don't do and that they're not ready to do. So when Liverpool starts putting balls into the box in the last 10-15 minutes and I have Ivanovic and Cahill in the centre of the defence, we are in control.

When they start shooting from 25-30 metres then it's because they've lost their identity. And they lost their identity because they couldn't play against us the way they normally do."

He's a massive oval office but he's bloody good at his job and I hate him. Nice meltdown, mourinhowned etc

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Im pretty sure that Chelsea are the best team in the world at playing for a draw

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

serious gaylord posted:

Im pretty sure that Chelsea are the best team in the world at playing for a draw

My honest assessment is that their strength lies in the fact that the players they have are both very good offensively and defensively. Using Liverpool as an example again, there was no chance they'd be able to get Skrtel & co to stay calm and composed enough for 90 minutes to get a draw. Chelsea have players that can both shut the game down or attack.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

fat greasy puto posted:

verm should stay at left back for good, or until gibbs is healthy again. can't have that kind of liability in the center of the park

Verm will be on the bench and Nacho Man will play left back

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

serious gaylord posted:

I'd say we were pretty bad at it, we keep "playing for a draw" and we end up winning?

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Barry Shitpeas posted:

I'd say we were pretty bad at it, we keep "playing for a draw" and we end up winning?

cut the grass at stanford bridge ffs

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Newcastle: Krul; Debuchy, Williamson, Coloccini (c), Dummett; Gosling, Anita, Tiote, Gouffran; Sissoko; Remy

Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Arteta, Ramsey, Ozil, Cazorla, Podolski, Giroud

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
its going to be like 5-0

Steves Asleep
Jun 5, 2005

Substitutes: Rob Elliot, Massadio Haidara, Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa, Steven Taylor, Gabriel Obertan, Adam Armstrong, Shola Ameobi

loving hell

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Its a good side from Wenger, I'm looking forward to the match.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

euroboy posted:

Newcastle: Krul; Debuchy, Williamson, Coloccini (c), Dummett; Gosling, Anita, Tiote, Gouffran; Sissoko; Remy

Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Arteta, Ramsey, Ozil, Cazorla, Podolski, Giroud

God this lineup looks so much better than the dogshit we put out for the last couple months

Xbox One
Apr 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 482 days!
Calling some thumping Podolski left footed goals

Xbox One
Apr 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 482 days!
Did Ben Arfa poo poo in someone's kit bag?

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Saint Totteringham is rubbing his hands in glee. Always an enjoyable day.

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012
I forgot Obertan existed

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

Jose posted:

its going to be like 5-0

Nah, we'll screw up a bunch of chances at it will end 2-0.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

blue footed boobie posted:

God this lineup looks so much better than the dogshit we put out for the last couple months

It's the same as last week!!

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Timbers Jim posted:

I forgot Obertan existed

he has a weird head

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012
I think Pardew might be my least favourite manager in the PL

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Timbers Jim posted:

he's a bit rapey

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Timbers Jim posted:

He was def mine until recent events in Manchester

Jamie charraga doing some quality analysis of the chels game

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

I didn't realize Newcastle were on a 5-game losing streak, jesus

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Im sure I just heard G nev call Mourinho a big gay manager

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

euroboy posted:

It's the same as last week!!
I wasn't talking about last week!!

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
I need Newcastle to get a result, any result, today so that Everton are properly motivated to fight to claim 4th against City. Thanks.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I have a good feeling about this being an entertaining game of foot.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

tbp posted:

I need Newcastle to get a result, any result, today so that Everton are properly motivated to fight to claim 4th against City. Thanks.

I mean, the nice thing is Arsenal can't wrap up fourth with a win today, and Everton play City before Arsenal's game against WBA next weekend so there's no way they can be out of it until next Sunday.

What I'm saying is, I hope Everton remain motivated by the outside chance because Newcastle have been on summer vacation since March and I'm expecting a comfortable Arsenal win.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Hoops posted:

I have a good feeling about this being an entertaining game of foot.

i don't

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

tbp posted:

How about a good old fashioned loss haha

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Jose posted:

i don't

there's going to be goals jose, you should feel happy.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Jose posted:

i don't
Your team are gonna get loving bummed mate, but it's a nice spring evening and I don't have to go into work tomorrow so I'm gonna enjoy watching this.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Whats in a Newcastle sandwich?

Steves Asleep
Jun 5, 2005

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

I didn't realize Newcastle were on a 5-game losing streak, jesus

And its not as if we've even been unlucky with a few results, we've been complete and utter gash.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

lol NBC's "I was there" segment features a bunch of bros and a family watching the games in their living room, son of a bitch I could have been on there

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

euroboy posted:

Certainly horse.

Steves Asleep
Jun 5, 2005

euroboy posted:

Well for starters it'd be a stottie not a sandwich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steves Asleep
Jun 5, 2005