Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AdventFalls
Oct 17, 2012

When do we learn head explosions?
##Vote A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrabbinPeels
Jan 3, 2010

I only regret not giving up sooner.

##Vote B

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Gyra_Solune posted:

It seems to me that a lot of these CKII games end up with Western Europe as the backwater nation of the world. It's somewhat amusing.

Oh, and when we get to 'what's going on in the New World', my suggestion is 'remember Mansa Musa's batshit fleet he sent out across the Atlantic? yeah they made it in one piece'. A Malian superpower roundabout where Brazil would be, funding the Renaissance across the trade channels of the Caribbean instead of the Mediterranean. I like the idea of a more standard 1444-looking Europe but in America - the Shawnee and Choctaw as merchant republics heavy on trade, the Cherokee holding the holy city of Totemism in modern Miami, and in the steppes of Colorado, the Shoshone buffalo-riders unify local tribes and strike out to pillage the vast wealth of the Caribbean and create the greatest land empire the world has ever known, becoming even a threat to the high culture and arts of the Aztecs, the ambitious seafaring powers of the Maya and Zapotec, and even the rugged Inca, their lands awash with gold as they seek a route West to reach the Caribbean, with Panama's trade tightly controlled by the Malian sultans.

huehuehue

Basically, rework the New World to be more like the events in Sunset Invasion say it's like.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Eh, Sunset Invasion results in Aztec and Inca super-blobs - I'm saying more model it on Europe, with the Aztec as basically France, the Inca as basically Spain, the Maya as basically England, and the Zapotec as...the Netherlands? And all those little northernly tribes like the independent states of Italy and Germany. Mali of course serves the role of the Ottomans, preferably in control of Panama and Brazil, and the Shoshone or Navajo or some like that are the Buffalo Mongols. :v:

silverpower
Apr 16, 2012
##Vote A

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Senators, I beseech you to consider your votes on this subject careful.

Yes, adopting the teachings of the Ming will make us a more powerful nation from the perspective of comparative power, but is that the best way?

Military victory after military victory will increase the empire's size, but at what cost? By adopting the idea of an Empire, one with many members...many...Senators...ruling over different pieces of land, semi-autonomously, our own pockets will be lined with gold, and the nation will prosper under our guidance. Let the emperor be in charge of the defense of the Empire, and if he proves to be as lacking as some of the recent emperors we have had in the past, he can be replaced, without the bloodshed and civil war that shatters our nation and makes it weak.

Indeed, the Empire needs to focus inward to ensure that our nation holds together, slowly absorbing the Douxs that would rebel against a perceived tyrany, as they have in the past. AS well, this allows our many Douxes and Kings to expand the empire individually, while we work with the Emperor to increase the security and sanctity of the realm.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

##Vote C

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

##Vote B

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Gyra_Solune posted:

Eh, Sunset Invasion results in Aztec and Inca super-blobs - I'm saying more model it on Europe, with the Aztec as basically France, the Inca as basically Spain, the Maya as basically England, and the Zapotec as...the Netherlands? And all those little northernly tribes like the independent states of Italy and Germany. Mali of course serves the role of the Ottomans, preferably in control of Panama and Brazil, and the Shoshone or Navajo or some like that are the Buffalo Mongols. :v:

Sold :allears:

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
##Vote B

Let us make the Empire as the Senate: a bunch of petty, bickering idiots with just enough power to get everyone in trouble.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Rubix Squid
AJ_Impy
Lord Cyrahzax
ThatBasqueGuy
Beerdeer
Skyfinder
Semquais
Flesnolk
StrifeHira
Lost Season
TheMcD
NewMars
Unwise_Cashew
cokerpilot
Sparq
Horsebanger
LJN92
Gyra_Solune
HiHo ChiRho
Luhood
BwenGun
Dr karma
Blackunknown
WeaponGradeSadness
Lynneth
Aeromancia
Ubern00b
ChrisAsmadi
D3m3
Clayren
Emprah
Adept Nightingale
Talky
Dux Supremus
GoatLord
Hitlers Gay Secret
Readingaccount
AdventFalls
silverpower

TOTAL: 39

Zikan
Frionnel
Muskatnuss
Amnistar
Lord Windy
nothing to seehere
occipitallobe
ManicMarine
ZearothK
Hutter
pointlesspart
Sleep of Bronze
Meinberg
Cestrian
DentedLamp
DerLeo
Ghetto Prince
Vander
GrabbinPeels
WilliamAnderson
MarsDragon

TOTAL: 21 :(

Alikchi
mcclay
YF-23
Rejected Fate
Gnooble
Freudian

TOTAL: 6

AdventFalls
Oct 17, 2012

When do we learn head explosions?
>Rincewind leaves a frowny face

....I can't ignore that.

##Unvote A
##Vote B

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

##vote B.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

##Vote A

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

## Vote B Come on; a non-standard HRE would be so cool!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Gyra_Solune posted:

Comanche are the buffalo Mongols.

We must have the Empire of the Summer Moon rise.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

##Vote A

LordNagash
Dec 29, 2012
## Vote B

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
##Vote B, I want a mad scramble for control of the empire!

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

##Vote C

It would be wildly out of character for the senate to vote to empower the Doukas at this point. :colbert: I haven't played EU4, but to defer to Rincewind's frowny face, I definitely prefer to have a handful of kings to a zillion dukes when I play Crusader Kings. The loyalty of the more remote realms deserves a reward. Our Greek Doukas deserve to become irrelevant.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
[b## Vote A[/b]

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

## Vote B

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
##Vote A

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Don't read too much into my :( face, all three options are perfectly viable and fun. It's why I picked 'em. :v:

And A and C would be way less convoluted to a.) mod and b.) write about than B, as fun as that might be gameplaywise. Just vote for whichever you want to read an LP about!

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Actually, I don't think that I want us to lose a massive section of the empire the moment that we lose control of the empire. ##Revote A

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Would some flags turn that frown upside down?

"Abyssinia" idea, the "star" and crescent representing its Muslim Somali rulers, but the star itself representing the same thing it does for the current OTL Ethiopia flag, diversity, unity, and prosperity. The stylized white bird with the blue background represents freedom, with the symbols inside it meaning the leaders will carry their people to freedom.

New Seljuks idea, the twin-headed bird ripped right from the dynasty's wiki article calling forth their historical roots, star and crescent in the center representing Islam as the "heart" of the Seljuk leaders. Red on black for its revolt against the Ming and because it looks cool.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
I really don't want to end up with B, because that leads to four hundred years of being Constantinople and next to or literally nothing else. The HRE is a purely defensive alliance, remember.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

NewMars posted:

I really don't want to end up with B, because that leads to four hundred years of being Constantinople and next to or literally nothing else. The HRE is a purely defensive alliance, remember.

...It doesn't prevent people from fighting wars though. When I play as Austria a large portion of my time is spent warring on the italian provences because I can absorb them to get larger while politically absorbing various smaller nations within the empire. I'm able to expand both ways.

Dux Supremus
Feb 2, 2009

Luhood posted:

First dibs? Hell, with the way things are going why not just give them a colony in Vinland from the get go?
After almost 1150 years of continuous settlement, development, and adaptation to the horrible icy and ashen rock that constitutes its territory, Iceland today has a population of 325k people. Iceland isn't in a position to settle poo poo today, forget 1444. Running a trading empire is already a huge step up for it given what its got to work with.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
I just realized I voted incorrectly earlier and wasn't included in the count...

##Vote A

As fun as B would be I would really like to see how a landed Valerian Order would operate.

MacRomanGuy
Jan 2, 2013

Rincewind posted:

And A and C would be way less convoluted to a.) mod and b.) write about than B,

Remember, convolution means to roll together. As in "to roll (over Ming) together." So, ##Vote B for maximum convolution!

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3
##Vote A. Keep it simple, and those assholes deserve to lose power at this point.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Necroskowitz posted:

I just realized I voted incorrectly earlier and wasn't included in the count...

##Vote A

As fun as B would be I would really like to see how a landed Valerian Order would operate.

Why can't the Valerian Order just be a member state of the RHRE?

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

MacRomanGuy posted:

Remember, convolution means to roll together. As in "to roll (over Ming) together." So, ##Vote B for maximum convolution!

This man is not a linguist, he does not know what he is talking about. Furthermore, we don't know who he is or how he got in here. But his vote still counts because this is a democracy republic sort of a wierd empire thing Rome!

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx
##Vote B

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

##Vote B

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
##Unvote C
##Vote A

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
##vote B

Alexey
Feb 15, 2012
##Vote A As fun as B would be, surrendering to Doukes like that feels wrong. If we ended up in a weaker position, it would be different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

##Vote A

• Locked thread