Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

spudsbuckley posted:

A hundred times this. I see 30ish new posts this morning and think something interesting has happened.

Nope, it's the same few people who "only listen to R&F anymore" repeating the same shite about Ant being racist and Jim being a hypocrite once again.

I don't understand how you're placing the blame of "Discussing what happened today" on the listeners, rather than the people putting out the content. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
In actual news, I guess Jimmy is doing a talk show with Vice.

some reddit HATER posted:

Seems like a marriage made in heavan. Vice, willing to go anywhere in the world for a story. Jim Norton, needs to be flown first class and won't go to Europe and do shows.

Kurt Metzger is also on board as a co-writer.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The telling thing is that their show is so low profile these days that Anthony can be a white supremacist all he wants and no one in the media picks it up or talks about it.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
What should we discuss if the racist talk getting old and expressing that is not a good thing to discuss? I don't know what to say, should we talk about some boring interview they did last week?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Meanwhile I had my doubts about a Fezless R&F, but last week was great. Good comedians and mostly sitting around bullshitting. Good stuff.

Peter North
Apr 23, 2003
THE loving HOODIE IS A THUG UNIFORM!!! RUN AND HIDE FROM THE REAL STATISTICS!! RUN AND HIDE!!!!!!!

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I must say while they played the audio of Sterling today Anthony really had nothing to say and was pretty much "yeah, that's really bad."

Peter North
Apr 23, 2003
Yeah honestly I read the last page and had no idea what the gently caress people were talking about, but I guess most of that was based on twitter before the show happened and poo poo. If you had a problem with their take on the radio, I don't know what you're listening to, because they certainly did not defend Sterling.

It's an unusual story compared to your daily "someone famous said something inappropriate" clickbait anyway because of the obvious tie-ins with his history of housing and workplace discrimination. Jim never defends anyone's lovely views when it crosses over to that.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

mcmagic posted:

The telling thing is that their show is so low profile these days that Anthony can be a white supremacist all he wants and no one in the media picks it up or talks about it.

Who knows what makes some things "go viral" and others not. Opie's homeless cake thing got picked up, one of Ant's rant could be just as well.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
now everything about Lady Di makes sense. everything. :stare:

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell

Bubba Smith posted:

now everything about Lady Di makes sense. everything. :stare:
That was so loving insane that my mind is still blown 10 hours later.

I really don't understand why Bill hasn't kicked her out of his house. I know they're both co-dependent drunks but he literally gets nothing out of this. He pays for her entire life and she still is stealing money from him and acting like it's no big deal. Then again, I don't know what he expects when giving Di his bank card. Did he really expect her to be honest and responsible?

It's crazy that given the length of the history Lady Di has with the show that we're only now learning. She was dishonorably discharged from the navy (and somehow, that's not even the craziest part of that story). And now she admits to regularly smoking crack three years ago (but claims not to be doing it anymore... yeah, right).

I mean... Jesus Christ. And as hate-able as Marion is, I really enjoyed her yelling at Di today and then angrily hanging up. And of course, Opie continuing to interject confused, miserable, dejected Bobo into the middle of the chaos made it even funnier.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
We've been on such a sympathetic roller coaster with Lady Di from laughing at her clumsiness on Super Shows to feeling bad about her alcohol withdrawals during intern week to the unbelievable story of her getting mugged a few days later and now being disgusted at her stealing money from Bill to fuel her crack habit. What a wreck of a woman.

Fair to Midland
Jan 13, 2010

by Cowcaster

Bubba Smith posted:

We've been on such a sympathetic roller coaster with Lady Di from laughing at her clumsiness on Super Shows to feeling bad about her alcohol withdrawals during intern week to the unbelievable story of her getting mugged a few days later and now being disgusted at her stealing money from Bill to fuel her crack habit. What a wreck of a woman.

She never got mugged. She is sooo hosed up. The best thing for her is death, it sucks to say but drat she's pathetic.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

therealjon_ posted:

Meanwhile I had my doubts about a Fezless R&F, but last week was great. Good comedians and mostly sitting around bullshitting. Good stuff.

Agreed, though I still think Shelby is funnier when Ron isn't treating him like Fez because he hosed up the commercial break or whatever. When Shelby has the confidence to pipe up on a regular basis he's hilarious.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

AndrewP posted:

Agreed, though I still think Shelby is funnier when Ron isn't treating him like Fez because he hosed up the commercial break or whatever. When Shelby has the confidence to pipe up on a regular basis he's hilarious.

This. loving brutal Friday.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Fair to Midland posted:

She never got mugged.
Wait, what? I couldn't listen much today and my online account is broken.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Snacksmaniac posted:

Wait, what? I couldn't listen much today and my online account is broken.

She admitted she smoked crack. The guys think the reason why she lost her internship money was that she smoked it all and it wasn't from being mugged outside the ghetto chicken place.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

eightysixed posted:

I still think we should do this...

been saying it forever, so yep.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i just want to say that whoever is in charge of such decisions ruined sam's aftershow. the pre/post show format is so god awful i skip it every time, ok bye

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Is it really rehashing if every discussion of Anthony's racism is keyed by a new instance of it?

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

AndrewP posted:

I love Shelby so much. That kid is loving funny and quick as hell when he isn't getting beat down.

cochise posted:

She admitted she smoked crack. The guys think the reason why she lost her internship money was that she smoked it all and it wasn't from being mugged outside the ghetto chicken place.
I thought it wasn't that she smoked it all away but that the reason she was in a bad neighborhood wasn't because she had to go to that chicken place but because she was looking to score and she got loving rolled. Not that it matters really. Because of course there's the fact she's stealing money from Bill (even though he keeps her well stocked in beer). Does sound a lot like she's trying to cop. And Marian was pretty furious at her.

She's utterly worthless.

UncleMonkey fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Apr 29, 2014

Amphion
Jun 10, 2012

All we know is... he's called The Stig.
Jim got into something with 16/17 year old tumblr girls (lesbians or trannys maybe?) and after getting called cunts by the fans they aren't taking it well

quote:

Anna ‏@FakeRobotGamer 3h
jimmy is a great example of why all white cis males should be dead

Pinkie ‏@PrincessPinkie 11m
@star_sketcher poor Jim, targeted by big mean autistic lgbt feminist teenage girls. those meddling kids!

Μαhσυ♡Shσυjσ ‏@Star_Sketcher 9m
@PrincessPinkie Hey, do you think we can get some lovely tabloid to report on this? It's evident that he didn't just stop on picking on us

Pinkie ‏@PrincessPinkie 9m
@star_sketcher true, but they would have to believe trans women are people. Actually....I know a huffpost gay voices writer

It would be funny if it made the paper but I have to think even a HuffPost "gay voices writer" would pass on this.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

I will say that I enjoyed the moment during racism talk when Ant was singing 'Ebony & Ivory' over the top of the two callers arguing.

Also, didn't see much mention here of Jimmy's Vice show. What are everyone's thoughts about it? I foresee a hell of a lot of blinking, bug eyeing and (in CQ's words) doing an imitation of an intellectual.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

ozza posted:

I will say that I enjoyed the moment during racism talk when Ant was singing 'Ebony & Ivory' over the top of the two callers arguing.

Also, didn't see much mention here of Jimmy's Vice show. What are everyone's thoughts about it? I foresee a hell of a lot of blinking, bug eyeing and (in CQ's words) doing an imitation of an intellectual.
I forsee a lot of no one watching it.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
Even though they're basically just kids (getting bombarded by vile O&A fans), I'm still amused by them complaining about being picked on and bullied while in the same breath saying that "all white cis males should be dead."

ozza posted:

I don't know how Jim got it into his head that he's a good interviewer, but he's not. I can't really see it going well. Jim thinks that reading someone's wiki/imdb page in front of them (and then getting corrected for asking about erroneous information) is a sign of a good interview.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Fake Roland twitter account booked Mike Baker :stare:

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Ok which one of you is fake Roland?

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

Fake Roland is officially my hero. I love that he is making Roland's life miserable.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

UncleMonkey posted:

I thought it wasn't that she smoked it all away but that the reason she was in a bad neighborhood wasn't because she had to go to that chicken place but because she was looking to score and she got loving rolled. Not that it matters really. Because of course there's the fact she's stealing money from Bill (even though he keeps her well stocked in beer). Does sound a lot like she's trying to cop. And Marian was pretty furious at her.

She's utterly worthless.

You're probably right. I tend to zone out during Lady Di/Marion/Bobo stuff.

And Fake Roland is the best. Holy poo poo I can't believe that worked.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

cochise posted:

You're probably right. I tend to zone out during Lady Di/Marion/Bobo stuff.

And Fake Roland is the best. Holy poo poo I can't believe that worked.

Fake Roland is awesome.

And finally some more Lady Di drama. Her 'you're not addicted except....' nonsense was gold. No wonder people have cut her out of their lives. She's just going to die and we're going to find out about it when they pull her body out of the swamp three weeks after the fact. They could mine for more gold simply by having a psychologist talk to her in studio and see what is going on in that swiss cheesed brain of hers.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I loved how adamant Di had to be about horses not using Craigslist.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
little Jimmy has funded the college education of countless numbers of trans women, those twitter people should really keep this in mind when getting upset at him

(it was cool that bailey defended him though)

Frost Uncle
Nov 2, 2012
The biggest man-cock is not big enough for this guy.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

It's cool how Jimmy speaks all these words but doesn't actually say anything. I love him.

Dazh
Jul 9, 2008
What started the twitter drama exactly? I tried sorting through it all but twitter is a loving mess to try and read if you didn't catch it while it was happening or it wasn't contained in a conversation or two.

The most I gathered was that people were making assumptions about Jim because he casually uses "the T word."

I gotta say though the rabid fan response poo poo, while funny, could be misconstrued as O&A and Jim not being able to defend themselves without sending the attack dogs when it's really just the pests pining for the boys' attention. I think it probably does more harm than good.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Dazh posted:

What started the twitter drama exactly? I tried sorting through it all but twitter is a loving mess to try and read if you didn't catch it while it was happening or it wasn't contained in a conversation or two.

The most I gathered was that people were making assumptions about Jim because he casually uses "the T word."

I gotta say though the rabid fan response poo poo, while funny, could be misconstrued as O&A and Jim not being able to defend themselves without sending the attack dogs when it's really just the pests pining for the boys' attention. I think it probably does more harm than good.

Some weirdo underage brony, who's banging a tranny, made like 5 rapid fire tweets to Jim. Jim responded which set everything in motion.

quote:

Famous comedian @JimNorton can't write his own material so he picks on trans women on twitter because "lol tr*nnies!"

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
The tranny acceptance movement is going to be real irritating when it hits the mainstream in a few years.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Animal-Mother posted:

The tranny acceptance movement is going to be real irritating when it hits the mainstream in a few years.

goons.txt

be nice if Ron and Fez could do a best-of that's a little deeper than the last three weeks or so. we just heard all of this while they have 15 years of bits they could pick from, right?

AndrewP fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Apr 30, 2014

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
Bobo and Jimmy

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

livingfruitvirus posted:

Bobo and Jimmy

I hope they both die in an aids fire.

• Locked thread