Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

licia sells infinite lightning spears after a while, you can also get greater lightning spear behind the locked door half way down the pit in majula

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

ffffuck, i just want to play, work sux

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Pinterest Mom posted:

vita is a great lady anime system

picked up deception 4 earlier seeing as the series seems to have cornered the market on rube goldberg death contraption games

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

ffffuck, i just want to play, work sux

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
d3 whining also is forever funny

quote:

Is Diablo 3 a solo play game with a multiplay add on or is it a primary multiplay game with the option to play solo.

If it is the former then whats with the huge divide created in what a Solo player has to sacarfice to the efficiency of multiplay. Or in other words why are there not Solo play buffs to even out things like gold drop rate now the evil of the AH has gone.

From what I can see there is a huge divide occurring here with the Solo player being punished for their choices.

Does the Solo player have any among the MVP's to push our cause and stress that while lots of improvements have happened to rectify the removal of the AH, all the gold sinks are balanced on Multiplay as well as what seems like 90% of the in game buffs.

Maybe a Blue should comment on this and where the game is likely to go now with the soon to be launched Ladder system. As it stands Solo players will be unable to compete and you will just see elitists and bots at the top of the ladder.

"i wont be able to `compete` with people who try harder than me this is bullshit"

unsurprisingly this was posted on the european forums

Adult Sword Owner fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Apr 29, 2014

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
meanwhile, at the starcraft 2 forums:

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

duckfarts posted:

picked up deception 4 earlier seeing as the series seems to have cornered the market on rube goldberg death contraption games

the essence of compromise

but fwiw i hear its worth tolerating if you like trap simulators

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Space-Pope posted:

meanwhile, at the starcraft 2 forums:

starcraft 2 is loving awful and im glad hots was so bad that it convinced people to give up on the game

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Notorious QIG posted:

starcraft 2 is loving awful and im glad hots was so bad that it convinced people to give up on the game

it really is astounding how bad blizzard has gotten at making games. i wonder what happened at that company that they started doing all this pandering/esports bullshit. my guess is that someone made the start looking at focus group studies and market analysis, no idea who it could be though

http://imgur.com/T43YFLH

Rexicon1 fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Apr 29, 2014

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

D3 owns bones but you can tell when something happened because market research said it should happen like the AH and BOA gear

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

hubris.height posted:

trap simulators

Kaine mod for revengeance is out?

I know I know :vd:

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Adult Sword Owner posted:

D3 owns bones but you can tell when something happened because market research said it should happen like the AH and BOA gear

what?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Rexicon1 posted:

it really is astounding how bad blizzard has gotten at making games. i wonder what happened at that company that they started doing all this pandering/esports bullshit. my guess is that someone made the start looking at focus group studies and market analysis, no idea who it could be though

hearthstone is still a fun casual game and i hear they fixed up diablo p nicely, but wow starcraft 2 is just so, so bad. it has a lot of problems but my personal favorite is the idea of a macro mechanic, which they literally added as drudgery you half to do to sink your apm into instead of, yknow, letting you use your apm for important or creative things

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Liver Disaster posted:

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Liver Disaster posted:

in the future we can be whatever gender we decide our robot bodies to be.

as for me i want to be a dwarf gecko, it's the most representative of my current gender

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

What are you whatting about

Good gear in d3 binds to the account that found it so the trading community is effectively dead. They did this because people were SUPER MAD at Chinese botters and dupers in D2

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

But seriously I'd play the gently caress out of a first person Kaine slaughter simulator

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Good gear in d3 binds to the account that found it so the trading community is effectively dead. They did this because people were SUPER MAD at Chinese botters and dupers in D2

what does that have to do with market research

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Rexicon1 posted:

what does that have to do with market research

because without a doubt they did it because people whined and whined that their precious gaming experience was being undermined by the fact that other people were paying $10 for hilarious digital goods

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
gently caress the shrine of amana

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Al! posted:

gently caress the shrine of amana

lol what a baby, they made it way easier

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Notorious QIG posted:

lol what a baby, they made it way easier

how

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

the wizard dudes used to aggro outside of the draw distance and the shots homed with near-perfect accuracy and did more damage

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Spenny posted:

I get horny.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Notorious QIG posted:

the wizard dudes used to aggro outside of the draw distance and the shots homed with near-perfect accuracy and did more damage

haha gently caress you from

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Al! posted:

haha gently caress you from

it was just about impossible to do melee, i had to go grind out some dex levels to be able to use a bow to have any chance

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

ham and cheese on a toasted bagel

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

synthy whose dick did you suck to get that gang tag, it owns

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

nice!

Magic Shortbus
Jul 22, 2002

you can trade rares and legendaries with other players provided they were in the game session when the item dropped. even then you have a timer (i think 2 hours?) before you can no longer give it to those players as well.

if you want gear you have to play to get it basically.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Magic Shortbus posted:

This is outrageous! I demand to be allowed to pay to win!

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Magic Shortbus posted:

you can trade rares and legendaries with other players provided they were in the game session when the item dropped. even then you have a timer (i think 2 hours?) before you can no longer give it to those players as well.

its a TERRIBLE restriction that shouldnt be in place. in d2, you werent always counting on lucking out and finding a perfect item, but you could count on lucking out and finding some OK items that you could trade, and nobody had an issue with that. farming and duping was poo poo but youd think they would have finally hired enough competents to stop it from becoming a new thing.

the other thing they totally loving blew was making it a flat chance for everything to drop anything instead of giving much more weight for certain items to certain bosses. i know they didnt want to make it so that people just did the same route over and over but it makes it extremely frustrating to gear up

:qq:

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=130180383

this game is p.sweet

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Notorious QIG posted:

synthy whose dick did you suck to get that gang tag, it owns

it's from a flag, idk who gave it to me

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert

:ohdear:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

AngryCaterpillar posted:

I'm sure you can tell I've never made a gif before but it was gratifying to make.

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

for the 2 of you who played a game in the 80s I got challenged to a duel in Archon II. It's going to be live streamed wednesday night at 9:00PM

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3629749

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

pagancow posted:

for the 2 of you who played a game in the 80s I got challenged to a duel in Archon II. It's going to be live streamed wednesday night at 9:00PM

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3629749

WOW WHOA TELL US MORE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
reminder that the wii u still has the best selection of games out of any of the 3 new consoles and will remain that way for the forseeable future

• Locked thread