Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
Strategize about a party on a warship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimnak
Dec 19, 2006

Pollyanna posted:

Build more warships, duh. And don't go.

This. And let's do strategy and naval strategy while we're at it

Grimnak fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Apr 30, 2014

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

Happy Blue posted:

Build warships, hopefully we can still afford it after lowering taxes.

Naval Strategy and Strategy.

Don't go to the party and avoid a horrible death.

This.

Jimmybob
Mar 7, 2005

Happy Blue posted:

This seems to be the right thing to do.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

More ships and less partying

Bookworm
Apr 22, 2014
Build ships, wear the uniform, and study Swords x2 so that Elodie can stab any future bandits, angry peasants, magical kings, chocolates, etc. that may threaten her. But don't go to the party yet since she does not currently have this stabbing capability.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Zeroisanumber posted:

Guys, if we go to that party we're going to die.

I'd rather die then lose my right to party!

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

zonohedron posted:

We have Logistics of 100, so we can't raise that any further. (The only change since that image is that Trade is now 89.06 with the tuxedo and 79.06 without it.)

Cheers, I went back a few pages but must have missed that. Changing my vote to Strategy + Naval Strategy instead of logistics.

Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Go to the party

Maybe this time no one's sending bandits after you!

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Let's get some drat boats made

While we're still angry let's improve our ability to kill people. Military x2

Also Don't go to the party.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Don't commit suicide. (no party) Uuugh, fine. Go to party.

Warships.

Naval Strategy, Intrigue.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Apr 30, 2014

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Happy Blue posted:

I'm with that guy.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Fitness-to-be-Queen Evaluation, intermediate level. Answer the following:

- You have definite evidence that the neighbouring kingdom is going to attack your country. If they do so, they will have to go by ship. What do you do?

It's surely nothing to worry about. We definitely do not need more warships, and I certainly don't need to waste my time studying naval strategy twice. Now can I go? I don't want to miss the party.

Everything about this answer is wrong. Please come see me after you're done with your two naval strategy classes. And I will give the shipwrights the order to start building right away. Also, please don't go to the party, I have a bad feeling about this.
- Dad

FelistheIdiot
Dec 10, 2011

Happy Blue posted:

I concur.

D3m3
Feb 28, 2013

Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near?
Naval Strategy, Strategy
Build Warships, duh
Go to the Party

Someone has to vote for poking around and seeing what happens.

yamiaainferno
Jun 30, 2013

If we do die on our way to the party, then that makes our third death and ability to start savescumming, correct? So nothing to worry about if we die.

Also Mikl's post made me realize that Joslyn is a really, really bad teacher. If he wants her to learn to rule in a single year, Elodie should be shadowing him while he makes the decisions, and then he explains why he made the decisions he did and what other options there were. (While still going to lessons.) Or he could let Elodie have control but, you know, actually advise her.

Of course, that wouldn't make for a good game. :cheeky:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Go Party
Build more ships
2x Naval Strategy

FFKonoko
Jan 1, 2013

Olfacere violarum.
Build more ships
Archery and Swords
and most importantly,
Go to the party.
We can get a reasonable amount of Archery in time and we have taken a drastically different route here...you guys worry too much.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Happy Blue posted:

Count me in for this :bandwagon:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Build ships, don't go to the party, strategy and naval strategy.

Meander
Apr 1, 2010

D3m3 posted:

Naval Strategy, Strategy
Build Warships, duh
Go to the Party

Someone has to vote for poking around and seeing what happens.

I vote this too.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

HGH posted:

Go Party
Build more ships
2x Naval Strategy

I'm with this guy.

WindmillSlayer
Oct 16, 2013

Happy Blue posted:

This gets my vote.

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008
Build ships and go to the party.

Jimmybob
Mar 7, 2005

FFKonoko posted:

Build more ships
Archery and Swords
and most importantly,
Go to the party.
We can get a reasonable amount of Archery in time and we have taken a drastically different route here...you guys worry too much.

The original skill check wasn't for archery though was it? Wasn't it for battlefield medicine?

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Jimmybob posted:

The original skill check wasn't for archery though was it? Wasn't it for battlefield medicine?

There was an Archery+Reflexes check that we failed, and then after that a Battlefield Medicine check that we failed.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Were this our first playthrough, I'd say go to the party. That said, we know fully well how that'll end now, and our good mentally retarded princess does not need to stab herself even deeper with an arrow again, so please don't go to the party.

That said, if this somehow ends up with said princess going, let's take the safe route and give votes to Medicine and Archery. As well, all the boats sounds like the only possible choice to not get our dad thrown into a coma by Togami again.

Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
I think the assassination attempt might be tied into commoner approval, so the fact we lowered taxes means that we should totally try to not piss off our nobles even more and go to the party.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Jimmybob posted:

There was an archery + reflexes check to not get shot, and then a battlefield medicine check to not die after we did get shot. We failed both.

Build warships!
Don't die at a party!
And Learn to swim! (Twice!). There are enough votes that we're pretty much guaranteed a class in naval strategy, so I want to shore the other holes in our list of skills-we-probably-need-to-not-die.

e: Also, wear the Military Outfit.

Jimmybob
Mar 7, 2005

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

There was an archery + reflexes check to not get shot, and then a battlefield medicine check to not die after we did get shot. We failed both.

Build warships!
Don't die at a party!
And Learn to swim! (Twice!). There are enough votes that we're pretty much guaranteed a class in naval strategy, so I want to shore the other holes in our list of skills-we-probably-need-to-not-die.

Oh yeah, been too long. I still don't trust it so I'm keeping my vote to avoid the party still.

Dallbun
Apr 21, 2010

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Build warships!
Don't die at a party!

Sure, this sounds good to me. We probably should learn a little something about the practicalities of water. Is it something you hold, or something that holds you?

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Updated the skilldump again, this time through the end of the second playthrough. Here you go!

http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=17948

And yeah let's build ourselves a warfleet. Tuxedo Princess rides again, this time by making market speculators filthy rich after they probably fabricated all those shipping manifests in order to trick Elodie into buying a shitload of shipbuilding material.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
Make boats.
Party hard.
Naval Strategy and Swimming.

E:Military Outfit.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
If we get the omen event (even though this Elodie doesn't recognize the omen) then don't go to the party, otherwise go.

Study strategy x2 and build botes.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

IMJack posted:

If we get the omen event (even though this Elodie doesn't recognize the omen) then don't go to the party, otherwise go.

That's actually a good point. The divination check success told us that we had a dream in which we wandered through a keythong-infested hell forest. But what happens if there's not a divination check at all? Does it mean that all the bandits got hired as shipbuilders and the Old Forest is rapidly being clear-cut for masts?

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

IMJack posted:

Huh, hadn't thought of that. I'll be interested to see if this works. Seconding this, then build those boats and naval strategy + strategy.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Botes. Party. Naval/Strategy

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

mycelia posted:

Huh, hadn't thought of that. I'll be interested to see if this works. Seconding this, then build those boats and naval strategy + strategy.

Agreed!

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

mycelia posted:

Huh, hadn't thought of that. I'll be interested to see if this works.

So many possibilities as to what will happen!

quote:

On the way to Sudbury, your carriage is attacked by bandits!

However, your carriage is adorned by a custom-printed "SHUT UP AND JOIN THE ARMY" poster with an elegant yet simple top hat icon at the top. The bandits all squeal with delight and sign seven-year contracts on the spot, then push your carriage all the way to Sudbury. You arrive two hours ahead of schedule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

So many possibilities as to what will happen!

Well, we DID get saved by Anime Dad, and I don't think ANYONE saw that coming unless they've played the game before. :v:

That said, maek boat, skip the party, and 2x naval for the classes

• Locked thread