Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Woah, I never knew that! And I've driven one ffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Mike_P posted:

To celebrate page 305, some freshly washed 80's American iron. :911:

Thats wicked nice, what is it, an 85? Ive had an 83 and 87 in the past and Im currently helping my friend fix up the 86 that my dad bought new. I love third gens.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

meatpimp posted:

Yes (Renault 5, known in the US as Renault Le Car. Also know as a car with a different wheelbase on the right and left hand sides.).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_5

Edit: what a strange gently caress of a vehicle. Looks like it definitely had a MF drivetrain, but the Le Car version may have been FF, but I don't give enough of a poo poo to look into it any deeper.

Pretty sure it was only the crazy as turbo version that had the engine mid mounted, but that was RWD too

e. I guess technically the normal version was mid engined too, just not the same way

dissss fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Apr 27, 2014

reddeathdrinker
Aug 5, 2003

Scotland the What?

meatpimp posted:

Yes (Renault 5, known in the US as Renault Le Car. Also know as a car with a different wheelbase on the right and left hand sides.).

Edit: what a strange gently caress of a vehicle. Looks like it definitely had a MF drivetrain, but the Le Car version may have been FF, but I don't give enough of a poo poo to look into it any deeper.

Nah, most 5s were front engine, front wheel drive, the one you're thinking of is the turbo, mid engine, rear wheel drive...

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

reddeathdrinker posted:

Nah, most 5s were front engine, front wheel drive, the one you're thinking of is the turbo, mid engine, rear wheel drive...

The first gen were most assuredly MF, if you read the link.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

GazChap posted:

Some moody ones...

Oh gently caress me, that is gorgeous. I was only going to quote one pic but I couldn't decide which. Beautiful wagon.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Carteret posted:

The first gen were most assuredly MF, if you read the link.

Front-mid engine, longitudinally mounted. So not completely insane.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

KozmoNaut posted:

Front-mid engine, longitudinally mounted. So not completely insane.

I think less crazy than the old Toronado/Eldorado setup:

Only GM.

Mike_P
Aug 4, 2006

"I dunnoooow"

Fart Pipe posted:

Thats wicked nice, what is it, an 85? Ive had an 83 and 87 in the past and Im currently helping my friend fix up the 86 that my dad bought new. I love third gens.

'84 H.O. 5-speed, the quickest F-body you could buy in 1984 with a screaming 190 horse power! (I think a few ponies have run away over the years but it still smokes the tires on demand:haw:) It tends to photograph better than it looks in real life. Currently procrastinating on replacing the upper and lower door hinge bushings, those doors weigh more than most sub-compacts.

Bonus time capsule:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y0tOZco-jg

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Teaser...

Time for some Cars n Coffee

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Mike_P posted:

'84 H.O. 5-speed, the quickest F-body you could buy in 1984 with a screaming 190 horse power! (I think a few ponies have run away over the years but it still smokes the tires on demand:haw:) It tends to photograph better than it looks in real life. Currently procrastinating on replacing the upper and lower door hinge bushings, those doors weigh more than most sub-compacts.

Bonus time capsule:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y0tOZco-jg

Nice! My first one was a 83 Z28 5 speed but it had the low output 305. It had 3.73s with no posi so it would still boil the right rear tire, haha. Yea get used to doing those hinges, thats a regular maintenance item on those.

e: That video is amazing. So many mustaches and aviators.

shy boy from chess club fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Apr 27, 2014

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Fucknag posted:

I think less crazy than the old Toronado/Eldorado setup:

Only GM.

I dunno, SAAB OG900s are FWD, longitudinal engine, with the engine mounted *backwards* (the clutch and stuff is at the front...) chain driving a transaxle directly below the engine. Which also doubles as the oil pan.

If that isn't the most rear end backwards drivetrain arrangement you've ever heard of, I don't know what to say :haw:

It's like they looked at GM's idea (the one you just posted) and said "nahhh man that isn't weird enough, we can do you one better" and then were promptly bought out by GM, which undid their zany design for the GM900/NG900. If you can't beat em, join em.

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

Did I just join some sort of club??

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Steve French posted:

"One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. "

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Steve French posted:

:fap: I love it. I can't wait to get one of my own once finances allow.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Nice ride... but that Bronco is super clean.

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

Oh that's ours too. Maybe I should have specified which club?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I miss my 94 Bronco. :(

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Steve French posted:

Oh that's ours too. Maybe I should have specified which club?

No club to drive old Ford's. Post some photos of that!

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug

Steve French posted:

Only the greatest club.

The "quick buy a hatchback before they're gone" club.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Linux Nazi posted:

Only the greatest club.

The "quick buy a hatchback before they're gone" club.

Every time I see the rear end end of one of these, I can't help but think how much nicer it would look with proper red taillights.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

DropShadow posted:

Every time I see the rear end end of one of these, I can't help but think how much nicer it would look with proper red taillights.

It's a popular enough opinion, that I share as well, that you can either go through the usual process of using red tinted spray paint or a few companies make pre cut red vinyl overlays. Both methods look pretty good.

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

You bastard, we wanted plasma blue. Not to be found in our area, though, and I am perfectly happy with WR blue. I agree about the taillights, not sure if I care enough to do anything about it right away though.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

My lil red truck doing lil red truck things.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

I had an opportunity to buy the last remaining '14 SWP STi hatch in California, but they wanted $43k for it. It didn't even have nav as far as I know.

I'll just have to get one used I suppose.

UnkleBoB
Jul 24, 2000

Beginner's Version, Copyright,
1991 - Please Copy and Distribute

Pretty crap picture, but I finally washed my old daily. 216k miles now.

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug
I like the clear lights! If you are going Pearl White or silver though the red looks a fair amount better.

Steve French posted:

You bastard, we wanted plasma blue. Not to be found in our area, though, and I am perfectly happy with WR blue. I agree about the taillights, not sure if I care enough to do anything about it right away though.

Every time I see another color I wish I had gotten that color instead. Well, except for red. WRB looks so so good with gold wheels though, that would be my first priority.

wigbot v2.0
Oct 10, 2008

Hales

My little donkey workhorse.

1997 plate, I am second owner, and the mileage is only just nearing 30k.

Mechanically awesome. Stylish, not so much.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Wheeee!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

meatpimp posted:

I love that wiki's example of the Pars Khodro is a crashed one.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

UnkleBoB posted:

Pretty crap picture, but I finally washed my old daily. 216k miles now.

Reminds me of the old joke.

"What do gay horses eat?"

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
I think that might be the joke :ssh:

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
HORSE DICKS.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I just assumed they were available in 4x4 and someone was getting a bit too adventurous.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

veedubfreak posted:

HORSE DICKS.

HORSDIX would be a great vanity plate.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Holy poo poo. I saw this and immediately had to look up whether Iran was really still producing a first-gen Renault 5 in license. But no, it's even better: What we see here is Pars Khodro New P.K. (as opposed to the Pars Khodro P.K., which really was just Renault 5 based). For that one, they bolted a modified first-gen Renault 5 body onto the platform of a first-gen Kia Pride. Which explains the wheel arches; those are factory.

This is the goofiest loving car. :3:

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Before it gets fast….

http://imgur.com/30ydtk2

Edit: holy tables sorry

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008

JaySB posted:

Before it gets fast….

Corvettes design has them looking less and less like corvettes and more like "generic" supercars if there is such a thing.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

JaySB posted:

Before it gets fast….

Edit: holy tables sorry

V nice. Do you ever go to Cars & Coffee? I will be there with about a billion other BMWs a week from Saturday. Theres a BMW thing at the Palazzo/Vagas Motor Speedway that weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Chinatown posted:

V nice. Do you ever go to Cars & Coffee? I will be there with about a billion other BMWs a week from Saturday. Theres a BMW thing at the Palazzo/Vagas Motor Speedway that weekend.

If I'm awake that early it's cause I haven't been to sleep yet…

Might as well put this one here too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VniZR_7iivU