Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

the last piece of code this chris guy touched was in 1994

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Balobam posted:

in actual terms, not just "it's poo poo and a waste of money", what is star citizen because i dont actually have a clue outside of being space related

its supposed to be a space MMO, think the complexity of EVE but the slightly less garbage combat of freelancer

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Adult Sword Owner posted:

its supposed to be a space MMO, think the complexity of EVE but the slightly less garbage combat of freelancer

space GUI for calc.exe with second life's player base

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

its supposed never going to be a space MMO, think the complexity of EVE but [with the] the slightly less garbage combat of freelancer

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Katana Gomai posted:

so i've just learned that fart citizen has not only amassed $43m in nerd cash so far, but people are also selling their original backer ships at insane markups to other nerds who didn't get there fast enough lmao

suddenly im jealous of the early adopters, theres something i never thought id say

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

hubris.height posted:

yes this is what i was saying astute observation friend

im saying it could be anywhere between 6 and 24 months before i get an entertainment return on investment, hope this helps.

ty i like to stay on top of the game

sorry im snarky today it's just been a rough one

Balobam
Apr 28, 2012

sounds good i want in *googles space citizen clicks on first link*

$15,000 for a pack of 14 ships

don't think i can wrap my head around that

Balobam
Apr 28, 2012

Notorious QIG posted:

suddenly im jealous of the early adopters, theres something i never thought id say

it's like anything, if you have the money to throw at random poo poo one day you might get lucky, as someone said it's basically bitcoins

like if i'd known how things would go i would've bought some of those dragonclaw hooks for pudge when they were £40ish on the market cuz now they go for like £130, or the alpine ursa set (if i even played then)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
i have committed a sin

i have pre-ordered a game :D

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

prefect posted:

i have committed a sin

i have pre-ordered a game :D

was it a dark souls

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Notorious QIG posted:

was it a dark souls

tropico 5 :commissar: (that guy looks like he's wearing a central-american-dictator hat, right?)

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

prefect posted:

tropico 5 :commissar: (that guy looks like he's wearing a central-american-dictator hat, right?)

i dont trust the guys making that at all, they are so incredibly hit-or-miss it's crazy. hopefully tropico 5 is good but id sure as hell not preorder

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Notorious QIG posted:

i dont trust the guys making that at all, they are so incredibly hit-or-miss it's crazy. hopefully tropico 5 is good but id sure as hell not preorder

they did tropico 4, which i liked. i'm worried that they're going to try to make it all multiplayery and gently caress things up

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

instead of hitting the gym i played 6 hours of dark souls 2, .... fuk me

otoh hexxing is way way way OP but whatever

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

prefect posted:

they did tropico 4, which i liked. i'm worried that they're going to try to make it all multiplayery and gently caress things up

they also did omerta or w/e it was called and that was lousy as hell

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
i just started playing the first dark souls last weekend

i keep getting pounded in to the dirt by the asylum demon

is dark souls the type of video game where you struggle a lot and fight the same enemy 50 times but the struggle makes the victory all the sweeter? or am i just really bad at video games?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

is dark souls the type of video game where you struggle a lot and fight the same enemy 50 times but the struggle makes the victory all the sweeter? or am i just really bad at video games?

the bosses in dark souls do not mess around and are like that. regular enemies are usually tough-but-fair and once you learn their patterns very easy

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
tropic 4 was a slightly better tropico 3, they'd have to change a whole lot with tropico 5 to make me get it

also yeah qiqqy is right omerta was a terrible game

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

the first time or the second time?

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

you really have to do bosses a lot in order to time their swings and poo poo because you cannot gently caress up really

also i hope you ran past him first time!!

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

you really have to do bosses a lot in order to time their swings and poo poo because you cannot gently caress up really

also i hope you ran past him first time!!

gently caress that kill him the first time and get a baller axe

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

what's up possers. :coffee:

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Notorious QIG posted:

gently caress that kill him the first time and get a baller axe

what

thats a thing?

gently caress dark souls i hate this hidden wikipedia poo poo

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

what

thats a thing?

yup, he drops a cool weapon if you kill him the first time. admittedly that's just about impossible without picking black firebombs as your gift

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Notorious QIG posted:

yup, he drops a cool weapon if you kill him the first time. admittedly that's just about impossible without picking black firebombs as your gift

which means you have to skip the master key which means no early havel so gently caress that

Balobam
Apr 28, 2012

what

thats a thing?

you find this out if you ever do a ng+ since why would you run from him when you're geared out and then he drops his hamma

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Al! posted:

which means you have to skip the master key which means no early havel so gently caress that

exactly. the only weapon you have for that fight is the broken straight sword and good loving luck killing him with that

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i've never played demons/dark souls but just about every enemy i've seen (streams/friends playing) has just been a giant man with a weapon, are enemies varied at all??

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i've never played demons/dark souls but just about every enemy i've seen (streams/friends playing) has just been a giant man with a weapon, are enemies varied at all??

yes

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

the only boss i fought before i gave up took a break was some big monster lookin thing. everything else is a skeleton or a medium-giant man in scary armor.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

what's for lunch

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
i didn't run past him the first few times i died but then i googled for it to learn that weird old tip

i ran past the second time but now i got lost and some of the doors are locked and i can't find my way back to the boss (i only tried for a few minutes though and i haven't played it since then)

but it's good to know that it improves (sort of)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
souls games always start out with a fairly straightforward crumbling castle full of zombies area but later on there are most definitely inhuman monstrosities

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

haveblue posted:

souls games always start out with a fairly straightforward crumbling castle full of zombies area but later on there are most definitely inhuman monstrosities

dark souls 2 had less Weird Stuff than dark souls 1 :(

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
yeah but there's still a good amount of weird stuff

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Yodzilla posted:

yeah but there's still a good amount of weird stuff

yeah but demonic mr. bucket didnt make an appearance and that made me very sad. drakeland did make up for it quite a lot though

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
my buddy is super bummed that there are no chaos eaters. here's hoping dark souls 3 goes back to insane d&d monster manual rejects

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Yodzilla posted:

my buddy is super bummed that there are no chaos eaters. here's hoping dark souls 3 goes back to insane d&d monster manual rejects

i would love a game thats like dark souls but uses d&d monsters, imagine turning a corner and seeing a gelatinous ooze or an owlbear or something

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
i replayed batman arkham asylum b/c it has steamworks now and it's still a very fun game that is the perfect length with very lovely boss fights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

dark souls 2: wheres my giant dog with a sword in it's mouth :sigh:

• Locked thread