Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Ravel posted:

Stupid though, if he doesn't trust his squad to not concede five without Alonso what's he going to do in the final.

He was just deflecting from the honest answer which was "how the gently caress was I supposed to know Xabi was going to lose his loving mind?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Eric Cantonese posted:

Did Ancelotti really say that? That's hilarious.

He's still traumatized like the rest of Milan's fans. That's why I'll always love him.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
This match will need an early David Luiz own goal to spice things up. Quite excited and the final is going to be amazing no matter who moves on from today.

Ravel posted:

Stupid though, if he doesn't trust his squad to not concede five without Alonso what's he going to do in the final.
He probably just assumed Alonso was smart enough to realize the situation? He can't really say "I didn't think his dumb rear end would launch himself into a tackle like that", can he? Although I like the idea of him being THAT traumatized.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
Chelsea: Schwarzer; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Cole; David Luiz, Azpilicueta; Ramires, Willian, Hazard; Torres. Subs: Hilario, Kalas, Van Ginkel, Schurrle, Oscar, Eto'o, Ba.

Atletico Madrid: Courtois; Juanfran, Miranda, Godin, Filipe Luis; Mario, Tiago, Adrian, Koke, Arda; Diego Costa. Subs: Aranzubia, Alderweireld, Diego, Sosa, Cristian Rodriguez, Raul Garcia, David Villa.

So that's either five at the back or a 4-3-3 with Dave playing holding mid.

Even if it was five at the back that'll change quick, Atleti's 4-5-1 will be too string in possession against that.

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
They should do it like the world cup and wipe your accumulated yellows after the quarters

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Spangly A posted:

Chelsea: Schwarzer; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Cole; David Luiz, Azpilicueta; Ramires, Willian, Hazard; Torres. Subs: Hilario, Kalas, Van Ginkel, Schurrle, Oscar, Eto'o, Ba.

Atletico Madrid: Courtois; Juanfran, Miranda, Godin, Filipe Luis; Mario, Tiago, Adrian, Koke, Arda; Diego Costa. Subs: Aranzubia, Alderweireld, Diego, Sosa, Cristian Rodriguez, Raul Garcia, David Villa.

So that's either five at the back or a 4-3-3 with Dave playing holding mid.

Even if it was five at the back that'll change quick, Atleti's 4-5-1 will be too string in possession against that.

I would guess one of Chelsea's 3 full backs will be played as a winger.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Spangly A posted:

Pedro is up there with Mueller in "players that are ridiculous for unusual reasons".

Pedro makes Messi. That's it. gently caress the midfield, Pedro's pace and intelligence creates the space Messi needs, and his movement was always perfect. In any other team he'd struggle for 10 a year consistently, his understanding with Messi made him invaluable.

Without Pedro, Pique and Puyol at their best, and without the balance created by Abidal (you really can't have both wingbacks storming forward, it cramps the centre) Barca became far too one-dimensional, lacking any danger from pace and defensive solidity.

What's happening to Bayern is different. Mandzukic is trying to play tiki-taka. This is going predictably.

Imagine Mandzukic under Mourinho though, phwoooooooooooooooooar.
Do you write the zonalmarking blog or are you just an avid reader?

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I would guess one of Chelsea's 3 full backs will be played as a winger.

Either that or Ramires wide and a sexy Azpilicueta/Luiz midfield.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

vaginal culture posted:

Do you write the zonalmarking blog or are you just an avid reader?

he doesis

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

sometimes in football things happen and you can see why without drowning in charts

perhaps you should use your rest days differently

Xbox One
Apr 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 478 days!
I dunno man, Pedro is quite a tasty player for reals.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
he doesn't play for real though. idiot.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

I wish for both teams to get a ton of red cards

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug
Even Chelsea fans should wish for an early Atleti goal. Otherwise this match is going to be the most incredibly boring poo poo match since the first leg, which I rank among the worst ever.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
how can i relate today's game to my favorite team barça

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

fat greasy puto posted:

We us us we we us we we we us us us

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
do it atletico

do it

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

fat greasy puto posted:

The important thing here is you figured out the ç.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

fat greasy puto posted:

El Hefe posted:

Atletico are winning the league and beating RM in the CL final for their precious decima, it's gonna own.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Will the CHELS do it again???

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Smeef posted:

Even Chelsea fans should wish for an early Atleti goal. Otherwise this match is going to be the most incredibly boring poo poo match since the first leg, which I rank among the worst ever.

I dunno, it could be interesting.

It will probably be boring tho.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Seeing Diego Costa lifting the "orejona" in Lisbon is going to own a lot, too bad Cristiano is not going to see it because he'll be crying in the dressing room.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Fancy Atletico to nick it

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
can we just skip to penalties pls

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Anyone else notice that El Hefe has changed team to support? I would call it pathetic but it's understandable. Barcelona will be struggling in mid table soon haha

Xbox One
Apr 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 478 days!
best moment from the first game:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1qn6k0_john-terry-injury-atletico-madrid-vs-chelsea-20-04-2014_sport

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Montasque posted:

Will the CHELS do it again???

I think they will.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Diego Simeone must win for football to live.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

ephex posted:

This

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

I hope Atletico win this game 10-0 and the final 10-0 and then wipe their rear end with a 'La Decima' banner

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug
Diego Costa isn't nearly as good as some people seem to think.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Hegay posted:

Anyone else notice that El Hefe has changed team to support? I would call it pathetic but it's understandable. Barcelona will be struggling in mid table soon haha

Sorry that you don't have a big enough heart to love two teams, jealous much?

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Azerban posted:

I hope Atletico win this game 10-0 and the final 10-0 and then wipe their rear end with a 'La Decima' banner

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

ephex posted:

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Azerban posted:

*nods sagely*

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Smeef posted:

I can only watch the first few minutes so I'm hoping for an early Chelsea goal followed by a masterful defensive performance to maintain the lead

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

so i should be an atletiço fan?

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
This game is going to be awful, book it

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Chelsea will make it to the final and then lose on one goal to Real.

Mourinho will then say "Who gives a poo poo" and the Chels will have their Bad-News-Bears ending drinking beers on the pitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
put a tenner on the chels to go through so now its a win win

• Locked thread