Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

civ above and beyond

i hope so

is bound by flame supposed to be a dark souls like? which is gonna be a genre now, so enjoy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Mido posted:

dark souls 2: wheres my giant dog with a sword in it's mouth :sigh:

this but patches

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Pinterest Mom posted:

please watch this trailer and set your hype level appropriately
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ahHOsmbmWs

will watch later, reading wikipedia article right now and lol:

quote:

In designing the tech web, the Beyond Earth team began by going to the Wikipedia article on Alpha Centauri

that's enough research right guys

Notorious QIG posted:

its based on the civ 5 engine, 1upt, 8 civs i think and 3 ideologies, tech web instead of tech tree, will be "immediately familiar" to people who played civ 5 but also civ 5 strategies wont work

is that the one that doesn't allow stacking units so it's like one of those 15-square numbers games to move poo poo around?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

hubris.height posted:

i hope so

is bound by flame supposed to be a dark souls like? which is gonna be a genre now, so enjoy

it looks like the setting is dark souls inspired but the combat is fast and weightless so im gonna go with no

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

civ 2 is the best civ

alpha centauri is great too but a little too complicated (raising terrain affects rainfall somewhere else and then ???????)

the game should be more like risk and less like starcraft

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

is that the one that doesn't allow stacking units so it's like one of those 15-square numbers games to move poo poo around?

yes aka the better way :colbert:

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

hubris.height posted:

i hope so

i guess it is now because there's another one where you keep repeating boss fights till you win

that's the whole game

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

civ 2 is the best civ

alpha centauri is great too but a little too complicated (raising terrain affects rainfall somewhere else and then ???????)

uhhhhh

nice wrongpinion

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbuJZP0_8iQ

tournament and 12 player multiplayer, upload direct to youtube clips

seems good, gonna gently caress it up though nintendo i know you will its ok

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

civ 2 is the best civ

i once used terraforming in alpha centauri to starve out enemy cities, or in one case, i dropped the terrain enough to sink a land bridge that the believers were attacking me over

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

yeah, have to spend $330 to play it (lol if you already own a Wii u)

you weaboo

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

CitizenKain posted:

i once used terraforming in alpha centauri to starve out enemy cities, or in one case, i dropped the terrain enough to sink a land bridge that the believers were attacking me over

that's pretty clever :shobon:

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

ok i want a wii u now

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Werthog 95 posted:

ok i want a wii u now

if you buy mario kart on the eshop, nintendo will give you one of these four veegees for free:
- Pikmin 3
- New Super Mario Bros. U
- The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
- Wii Party U

at least two of those are fantastic games, and one is really good

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Shaggar posted:

I hope watch dogs and smac 2 are good

wasnt watch dogs cancelled or something really funny

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
no

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
watch dogs was supposed to be a launch title but it got delayed to late may and it looks like that's really going to happen

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

may 27th

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Adult Sword Owner posted:

wasnt watch dogs cancelled or something really funny

it had a slight graphical downgrade for next gen consoles

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lol. consoles.

Balobam
Apr 28, 2012

Shaggar posted:

lol. consoles.

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Still trying to decide if it's worth upgrading my computer or just buying a new one because video james

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Cold on a Cob posted:

what is smac 2 is it sid meier's alpha centauri 2?

super mario assassins creed

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

super mario assassins creed

would

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Pinterest Mom posted:

if you buy mario kart on the eshop, nintendo will give you one of these four veegees for free:
- Pikmin 3
- New Super Mario Bros. U
- The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
- Wii Party U

at least two of those are fantastic games, and one is really good

actually my understanding is that if you buy the bundle or the physical game you can also do this

its a good deal and also wii u owns has tons of fun games please stop being a jerk vintersong. also i liked the name dead man posting a lot more fyi

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Friend of mine gave me Baldur's Gate and I even still have the five discs right here. I'm going to just play this blind, but I remember playing the first part maybe 20 minutes in, where the group got to an inn, and some pissed off wizard just kept annihilating my party and I quit.

Anything to keep in mind or way past that part easily?

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Broken Machine posted:

Friend of mine gave me Baldur's Gate and I even still have the five discs right here. I'm going to just play this blind, but I remember playing the first part maybe 20 minutes in, where the group got to an inn, and some pissed off wizard just kept annihilating my party and I quit.

Anything to keep in mind or way past that part easily?

if it's the inn in nashkel after you have xan (after clearing the nashkel mines), use xan's Charm Person spell to charm the spellcaster, have him cast a spell at himself, re-charm him and repeat

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

or its the friendly arm inn

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

there might be one at the friendly arm inn too, but i don't remember that fight as being too difficult

the one outside the nashkel inn is a bitch though

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

the one outside friendly arm is when you walk out and some guy casts an illusion of himself and it can be a tough fight if you dont micro your dudes

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

pro tip
go for the eyes boo

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

PipeRifle posted:

Still trying to decide if it's worth upgrading my computer or just buying a new one because video james

what are your current specs?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

civ 2 is the best civ

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

pro tip
go for the eyes boo

agreed

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

civ 2 is the best civ

yeah civ2 owned because it had the cheat menu and that is literally the only way i can even come close to winning

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

PipeRifle posted:

whats ur computer now?

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Elder Postsman posted:

yeah civ2 owned because it had the cheat menu and that is literally the only way i can even come close to winning

wait really? i don't think i've ever lost if i play at one of the easy difficulty settings

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
idk the recent giantbomb video made watch dogs look pretty neat but then again it was all just prerecorded by ubisoft so who knows

Notorious QIG posted:

i would love a game thats like dark souls but uses d&d monsters, imagine turning a corner and seeing a gelatinous ooze or an owlbear or something

i guess that would be cool i don't know much about d&d tho outside of a few monsters

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

wait really? i don't think i've ever lost if i play at one of the easy difficulty settings

i'm really bad at video games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
someone make Cyber Souls where it's dark souls in some crazy techno future with robotic animals and laser ninjas and neon swords

thanks

• Locked thread