Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
just beat zelda lbw; pretty fuckin solid, though a bit odd in that i beat it without fully upgrading the sword or even finding the shoes, which im pretty sure are supposed to be in there somehwere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Yodzilla posted:

someone make Cyber Souls where it's dark souls in some crazy techno future with robotic animals and laser ninjas and neon swords

thanks

woah yeah do this please

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

like any game where you gotta research and upgrade and build units? nope imma lose and there's no point in even trying

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

wait, you're the Professional Games Developer, do it yourself

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Dodoman posted:

what are your current specs?

It was a Dell premade tower I got a million years ago (2008) from a Coupons thread but it had a Q6600

-- Dell Inspiron 530 --
-- Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q6600 (8MB L2 cache,2.4GHz,1066FSB)
-- [223-5256]
-----------------------
-- Memory --
-- 3GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz - 4 DIMMs
-- [311-7749]

I've upped the memory and put in an 8600 GT 256mb which has proved surprisingly resilient overall. For a six year old machine with a couple of 3-5 year old parts, it was able to run Diablo 3 at an acceptable level and all for like $600 total

edit: so I've gotten my money's worth if it's better to get a whole new one, but if the processor holds up then maybe I should just get a baller video card? I dunno, component inter-relation is always one of the things I was not great at

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

played some red alert game at a lan party years ago and by the time i was building my tank-maker i got rolled over by my friend's army of about a million tanks.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
whoa Techland is basically making Hexen Except Maybe Actually Good http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/hellraid-returns-from-the-depths-somehow-looks-pre/2300-8819/

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Elder Postsman posted:

yeah civ2 owned because it had the cheat menu and that is literally the only way i can even come close to winning

if you play on the lowest difficulty setting, the computer isn't allowed to start wonders until you've discovered the required technology

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Yodzilla posted:

someone make Cyber Souls where it's dark souls in some crazy techno future with robotic animals and laser ninjas and neon swords

thanks

this but legend of zelda: link to the future. the master lightsaber, epona is a motorcycle, etc

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Elder Postsman posted:

i'm really bad at video games

Elder Postsman posted:

like any game where you gotta research and upgrade and build units? nope imma lose and there's no point in even trying

i'm pretty bad too but i can usually win on easy in games like zero hour or supreme commander 2

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

prefect posted:

if you play on the lowest difficulty setting, the computer isn't allowed to start wonders until you've discovered the required technology

i think that's true up through prince (the first three)

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Notorious QIG posted:

epona is a motorcycle

mods

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

if you ask me about a video game i played in high school or college (civ 2, alpha centauri, baldur's gate series) i'm probably an expert on it because i was a massive loser and played video games instead of talking to people

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Notorious QIG posted:

this but legend of zelda: link to the future. the master lightsaber, epona is a motorcycle, etc

marty mclink

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

if you ask me about a video game i played in high school or college (civ 2, alpha centauri, baldur's gate series) i'm probably an expert on it because i was a massive loser and played video games instead of talking to people

This but college and Diablo 2 but not me, everyone else I knew

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
oh yeah i beat remember me

it was ok the twist was kinda cool imho but otherwise it is a game i will probably not remember for too long which is unfortunate cause i wanted it to revive cyberpunk games

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

i stopped because the combat was boring

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Yodzilla posted:

thanks

flashback remaking sounding promising

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Yodzilla posted:

thanks

Play EYE on hard
I think there's a hard idk

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

lets also pray that this wont be poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs
(it might be poo poo)

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i'm pretty bad too but i can usually win on easy in games like zero hour or supreme commander 2

i can get pretty far in civ3 if i set barbarians to not do anything at all and also have one computer player at the easiest setting

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

me too!!! except marathon and myth series because i had a macintosh.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

lets also pray that this wont be poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs
(it might be poo poo)

skipped forward, saw a blood-covered woman in lingerie holding two miniscythes. it gon be bad

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

PipeRifle posted:

It was a Dell premade tower I got a million years ago (2008) from a Coupons thread but it had a Q6600

-- Dell Inspiron 530 --
-- [223-5256]
-----------------------
-- Memory --
-- [311-7749]

I've upped the memory and put in an 8600 GT 256mb which has proved surprisingly resilient overall. For a six year old machine with a couple of 3-5 year old parts, it was able to run Diablo 3 at an acceptable level and all for like $600 total

edit: so I've gotten my money's worth if it's better to get a whole new one, but if the processor holds up then maybe I should just get a baller video card? I dunno, component inter-relation is always one of the things I was not great at

even a sub-$100 modern video card is going to be held back by that processor. look at the shsc parts picking thread op for recommendations, they focus on good value not ~future proof~ performance. if you splurge on one thing make it an ssd, makes a world of difference

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Notorious QIG posted:

skipped forward, saw a blood-covered woman in lingerie holding two miniscythes. it gon be bad

lol if you honestly are saying that a cgi trailer has anything to do with the game at all and isnt created to make 13 year olds (physical and mental) excited about the name of a game

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

i just want a game which looks like the blade runner movie tbh

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Notorious QIG posted:

it gon be bad

:sigh:

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

PipeRifle posted:

-- Dell Inspiron 530 --
-- [223-5256]
-----------------------
-- Memory --
-- [311-7749]

this processor
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0087EVHVW/ref=pe_385040_30332190_TE_M3T1_ST1_dp_1
this RAM (2x if you want)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00339X1EM?ie=UTF8&tag=cursegaming0f-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00339X1EM
this mobo
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CRJSV9O?ie=UTF8&tag=cursegaming0f-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00CRJSV9O
this ssd
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E3W15P0?ie=UTF8&tag=cursegaming0f-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00E3W15P0
this card
http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-VAPO...eywords=r9+270x

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

gonna need a new power supply too

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

lmao dont get an ati card

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

$720 to play video games better :eyepop:

Dec 26, 2012

Notorious QIG posted:

a woman...in lingerie? oh. oh no

Dec 26, 2012

surely the creators of the witcher and the witcher 2 could not be behind this.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Liver Disaster posted:

Play EYE on hard
I think there's a hard idk

that's a surprisingly apt comparison

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

i just want a game which looks like the blade runner movie tbh

What about Rise of the Dragon, or the Blade Runner game in the late 90s?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
personally i'm exciyed for cyberpunk. watch the interview video with mike pondsmith, he's cool.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Broken Machine posted:

What about Rise of the Dragon, or the Blade Runner game in the late 90s?

rise of the dragon was cool at the time, but i think it's probably poo poo

blade runner was kinda decent

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Busta Chimes.wav posted:

lmao dont get an ati card

nvidia is hell garbage

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Elder Postsman posted:

me too!!! except marathon and myth series because i had a macintosh.

same! (all those games were on mac)

now i want to play bolo and spaceward ho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Adult Sword Owner posted:

nvidia is hell garbage

don;t sign your posts!!!!!!!

• Locked thread