Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I played so drat much ut99 in college, also q3test on my mac

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

same! (all those games were on mac)

now i want to play bolo and spaceward ho

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/spaceward-ho!/id510527152?mt=8

it's a really good port

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

i didn't know ur mom was an astronaut

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

:vince:

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

i just want a game which looks like the blade runner movie tbh

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Busta Chimes.wav posted:

lmao dont get an ati card

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Also if you play eye without using the equipment lockers you are actually playing dark souls fps

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
i should play eye more than the 5 minutes i did

got to the big area with the initial dudes then got lost and bored

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Busta Chimes.wav posted:

my 270x suits my needs

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Busta Chimes.wav posted:

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Elder Postsman posted:

$720 to play video games better :eyepop:

Well or I could buy an Xbox One and a controller and two games and WHOOPS I SPENT $720 FOR A lovely COMPUTER WITH TWO GAMES instead of a good computer with ALL OF THE GAMES

Don't get me wrong I used to be console all the way but the lack of back-compat and the high price of this new gen without really offering anything great yet has really got me changing my tune

Plus HTPC and stuff

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
i5, 8gb of ram, Nvidia 750ti, 650W PSU, whatever motherboard/case you can shove it into with a cheap HDD or just reuse whatever one you have done now you can play everything on high settings or better

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

PipeRifle posted:

Well or I could buy an Xbox One and a controller and two games and WHOOPS I SPENT $720 FOR A lovely COMPUTER WITH TWO GAMES instead of a good computer with ALL OF THE GAMES

Don't get me wrong I used to be console all the way but the lack of back-compat and the high price of this new gen without really offering anything great yet has really got me changing my tune

Plus HTPC and stuff

a couple months ago i spent $80 on a new video card, now i can play far cry 3 on ultra settings. :shrug:

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

i just want a game which looks like the blade runner movie tbh

flashback

wait that's too colorful

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Fabricated posted:

i5, 8gb of ram, Nvidia 750ti, 650W PSU, whatever motherboard/case you can shove it into with a cheap HDD or just reuse whatever one you have done now you can play everything on high settings or better

What sorta stinks is I have a laptop specced this way except for lovely onboard graphics and a tiny HDD :(

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

PipeRifle posted:

What sorta stinks is I have a laptop specced this way except for lovely onboard graphics and a tiny HDD :(

I have a v high spec laptop that still can't handle poo poo and tries to overheat as soon as the graphics switch over

Don't game on a laptop

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Liver Disaster posted:

I have a v high spec laptop that still can't handle poo poo and tries to overheat as soon as the graphics switch over

Don't game on a laptop

Yeah I know I meant it stinks buying a "duplicate" computer but laptops ain't desktops and vice versa, gotta get comfortable with that

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

PipeRifle posted:

Yeah I know I meant it stinks buying a "duplicate" computer but laptops ain't desktops and vice versa, gotta get comfortable with that

well in the end if you aren't using your laptop for literally everything it means you're doing fewer charge/discharge cycles on your battery

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Notorious QIG posted:

skipped forward, saw a blood-covered woman in lingerie holding two miniscythes. it gon be bad

not everything is the patriarchy out to get you you know

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Tw:anime

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

how was that flashback remake anyway.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Ludwig van Halen posted:

not everything is the patriarchy out to get you you know

yeaaaaah im really more bitching that "hot chick with weapons being sexy and hot" is shorthand for "i am 100% creatively bankrupt"

feel free to just assume everything i say is bullshit tumblr feminism though :thumbsup:

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Werthog 95 posted:

they made one? I thought they did OOTW

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Werthog 95 posted:

it's real real bad

the demo is on steam if you want to see for yourself

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Notorious QIG posted:

yeaaaaah im really more bitching that "hot chick with weapons being sexy and hot" is shorthand for "i am 100% creatively bankrupt"

feel free to just assume everything i say is bullshit tumblr feminism though :thumbsup:

that makes it way easy thx

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Werthog 95 posted:

it is good in the sense that it includes the original version of Flashback that you can play instead of the remake, but without the music

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Notorious QIG posted:

no see it has sex therefore it's mature and adult and not for kids and cool

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

keyboard vomit posted:

no see it has sex therefore it's mature and adult and not for kids and cool

sex and blood! this is art!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

salad w/grilled chicken in it

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

nooo that ubisoft TEST thing i bought was refunded

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Fabricated posted:

well in the end if you aren't using your laptop for literally everything it means you're doing fewer charge/discharge cycles on your battery

I honestly can't remember the last time I unplugged my laptop for more than an hour, not counting work laptop (which is an unimpeachable MBP)

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Killzone mercenary makes me wish I had friends who weren't poor/filthy because with equal parts sneaking and Rambo action the campaign was about four hours. They really did an excellent job with it though, if you like shooting/stabbing mans

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

salad w/grilled chicken in it

finally

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
yo is a 4670k and a gtx 780 good enough to play games close to highest settings on 2560x1440

thx

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Olivil posted:

yo is a 4670k and a gtx 780 good enough to play games close to highest settings on 2560x1440

thx
considering that your best solutions for a GPU after that are pretty much multi-GPU yeah

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Oh yeah can I play games on my TV? That probably sounds like a stupid question I bet but as a previous console gamer I've never output PC gaming to anything bigger than a 23" monitor

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

PipeRifle posted:

Oh yeah can I play games on my TV? That probably sounds like a stupid question I bet but I've never output PC gaming to anything bigger than a 23" monitor
yeah but if you have one of them new-fangled 120hz+ sarnsung teevees make sure you set it to "game mode" unless you like hilarious lag

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Fabricated posted:

unless you like hilarious lag

PipeRifle posted:

previous console gamer

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

PipeRifle posted:

Still trying to decide if it's worth upgrading my computer or just buying a new one because video james

do neither, use this as the venue to slowly wean yourself off of video games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

tell me how to stream my desktop to my tv, thanks

• Locked thread