Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
apparently there's a new wiiu bundle coming for mario kart 8 where you also get a free downloadable game

still not buying one tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

24-7 Urkel Cosplay posted:

do neither, use this as the venue to slowly wean yourself off of video games

I pretty much did; last game I played was Borderlands 2, or Bioshock Infinite, whichever came first (and the I played Bioshock Infinite again)

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Vintersorg posted:

tell me how to stream my desktop to my tv, thanks

steam streaming can do it if you use it on an app like notepad or chrome or whatever. instead of streaming just the window it streams the whole desktop

e: of course you still need a second computer or laptop that can run steam connected to the tv

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

oh, steam has it? i just want to play dark souls 2 on my tv

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Cold on a Cob posted:

apparently there's a new wiiu bundle coming for mario kart 8 where you also get a free downloadable game

still not buying one tho

One whole free game on your game appliance too restrictive for you or something?

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Vintersorg posted:

oh, steam has it? i just want to play dark souls 2 on my tv

yeah i mean if you just want to stream a game steam does that. i thought you meant the desktop desktop

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
40$ for a wii u that doesnt output to the tv?

e: is it an okay price

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

You'll have a lot more fun with a hacked wii

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Liver Disaster posted:

this is a lie if you have any other game console or a pc you will get distracted away from playing wii games in a week tops

but it is like 40 bucks

Dec 26, 2012

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

for $40? sure

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Liver Disaster posted:

isn't the wii u's wii mode just as hackable as a real wii? i thought i heard that somewhere

either way yeah a hacked wii is great bc it'll play the best game of all time: star control 2

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
i wonder when nvidia will put out some new cards based on the chipset in the 750, its upgrade time so i can run more stuff at 1440p

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

hubris.height posted:

this is a lie if you have any other game console or a pc you will get distracted away from playing wii games in a week tops

but it is like 40 bucks

This is true but if you're already shopping for a Nintendo console the wii seems to be the easier and more reliable hack

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
dota 2 got patched yesterday

new lich ult w/ aghs is bananas :o

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert

Space-Pope posted:

dota 2 got patched yesterday

new lich ult w/ aghs is bananas :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jig-_2lFy5I

lol

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert
ok friends, what kind of character should i roll in ds2

what is most fun

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

casters make the game super easy

melee is a little tough but more rewarding

have fun

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Glans Dillzig posted:

ok friends, what kind of character should i roll in ds2

what is most fun

Start as the merchant they're fun

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

TigerDirect has a premade i5/8GB/1TB system for $600 I wonder if I should just get something like that + a bideo card

I'm an impatient childe so part of me wants to just go to Frys and see what they have even though I know it will cost more (although not as much as like Best Buy or something)

Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

just replace whichever part of your current computer is oldest/shittiest and stockpile the old parts until you have enough to build a lovely HTPC

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
im the hacks

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Socracheese posted:

just replace whichever part of your current computer is oldest/shittiest and stockpile the old parts until you have enough to build a lovely HTPC

I have an htpc I use seldomly; it's this late 90s motherboard with an AMD 1700+ or something around there, but it runs up to 720p just fine and works for what I want it for. It really is ye olde bespoke htpc though.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I want to play Rise Of The Dragon again now

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Same

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

TOOT BOOT posted:

I want to play Rise Of The Dragon again now

you can do that. it is a thing you can do.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

sitting at a starbucks updating muramasa before playing, also started tales of the abyss on the 3ds, maybe i should finish any of the literal dozens of other games im in the middle of :smith:

Balobam
Apr 28, 2012

Liver Disaster posted:

sitting at a starbucks updating muramasa before playing, also started tales of the abyss on the 3ds, maybe i should finish any of the literal dozens of other games im in the middle of :smith:

i've made myself just play 1 game until i've beaten it, with the exception of dota that i can play w/e

so far i have played nothing but dota so its workin well

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Balobam posted:

i've made myself just play 1 game until i've beaten it, with the exception of dota that i can play w/e

so far i have played nothing but dota so its workin well

yeah as soon as i hit endgame in fe:a i lost interest because it felt like i was about to beat it really really fast, i dont expect shootsmen to be long so i dont have much problem knocking those out but it feels a lot like the ending has just snuck up on me here
i also have an yggdra union campaign and im about halfway through persona 2 innocent sin which i want to beat before the p4 spinoffs hit
and etrian odyssey
and etc

a dota habit might be better for me at this point

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

fuuuuuu

i just saw the dates for the international 4

july 18-21

i leave for a two week trip on the 18 :negative:

Balobam
Apr 28, 2012

waheeyy you poor motherfucker

im psyched as hell, if it's half as good as last year it's gonna be amazing and with the lineups it's easily gonna be better

seriously though rip you, i got screwed last year so i know ur pain

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
thats also like immediately before comic con

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

PipeRifle posted:

It was a Dell premade tower I got a million years ago (2008) from a Coupons thread but it had a Q6600

-- Dell Inspiron 530 --
-- Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q6600 (8MB L2 cache,2.4GHz,1066FSB)
-- [223-5256]
-----------------------
-- Memory --
-- 3GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz - 4 DIMMs
-- [311-7749]

I've upped the memory and put in an 8600 GT 256mb which has proved surprisingly resilient overall. For a six year old machine with a couple of 3-5 year old parts, it was able to run Diablo 3 at an acceptable level and all for like $600 total

edit: so I've gotten my money's worth if it's better to get a whole new one, but if the processor holds up then maybe I should just get a baller video card? I dunno, component inter-relation is always one of the things I was not great at

wait until you buy a game that you really like but you cant run great and then upgrade.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Liver Disaster posted:

maybe i should finish any of the literal dozens of other games im in the middle of :smith:

this is what keeps happening to me because i'm so far behind and now i have a new console on top of that

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
just hit the "halfway" point for nodes in radiant historia, and i don't know if i have the will power to finish it with how grindy battle is becoming to slog through

like the plot is decent for jrpg but i'm in the vicious cycle of using the 'avoid battle' skill and bypassing everything and then having tough boss battles.

other than that:
-remember me beaten
-dota 2 habbit
-donkey kong on the last world
- zombi u kinda fell off, plan on picking it back up
-dark souls 2 i have no idea how far i am

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

i should replace my television (plasma turning brown rip :rip:) before i get a ps4 but one is a whole lot cheaper than the other

i have weeks of leave on the books i should just camp out at the house and live on caffeine until my backlog is significantly less

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Liver Disaster posted:

i have weeks of leave on the books i should just camp out at the house and live on caffeine until my backlog is significantly less

well now here's a depressing post

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

i am a good american worker bee

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Beast of Bourbon posted:

thats also like immediately before comic con

comic con starts on july 24th

the international pays for its self when you sell nerd stuff at 50% profit margin, and it is in Seattle...

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

stoutfish posted:

the international pays for its self when you sell nerd stuff at 50% profit margin, and it is in Seattle...

yeah did silver buy us all tickets? i heard he was going to as a surprise for the yospos dotes crew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Balobam
Apr 28, 2012

stoutfish posted:

50% lol

it's like 100% minimum, some poo poo were selling for like $250 when the thing you got them from cost $50

• Locked thread