Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Chaos is a ladder.

Kass didn't look so smug after the vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
Hah, Kass's confused face. Beautiful.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

You got played. And all Spencer had to say was bros before hos.

Toaster Ding
Apr 30, 2006

Hahahaha gently caress you Kass

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Recursive posted:

Time is a flat circle?

Power is a curious thing, a shadow on the wall. But a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

Dat cobra :allears:

:woop: JEFRA :woop:

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Kass and Trish just realized that Tony can decide to vote them out whenever he wants and there's nothing they can do about it/

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
^^^ Yep. I think that may have just torpedoed Tony's alliance.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
So Tony is in the Final Four now, right? Great cool stuff

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
So are Trish and Kass gonna figure out that Tony doesn't have their best interests in mind yet? Or are they just gonna sit around on their asses like they did after LJ went home?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Tony is probably going to win, but I want to believe the season long story is Spencer and Tash being saved despite all reason.

e: Congratulations, Kraft! That mac & cheese mayonnaise disaster is even more disgusting than chili mac.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Recursive posted:

Time is a flat circle?

Imagine four idols on the edge of a cliff....

Tony works the same way.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Just give Tony the million bucks right now.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Recursive posted:

Wow, the editing on this TC has been heavy handed as all hell.

Time is a flat circle?

Only the ladder is real, and the climb is all there is.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I think he'll get to final 3, but I'm not convinced that he'll get the vote.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Ghostpilot posted:

We still don't know if it's final 3. Six left and we still have several weeks left.

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll
I just hope to see Tony get even more paranoid to the point he refuses to leave his #spyshack.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Poque posted:

So are Trish and Kass gonna figure out that Tony doesn't have their best interests in mind yet? Or are they just gonna sit around on their asses like they did after LJ went home?
Who are they going to go with? They only thing they can offer is being weaker immunity threats than Tony and Woo.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Super Aggro Crag posted:

If Spencer makes it to the end, he's kind of earned it with that save right there, plus his early game scrambling. He's never quite been cozy in this game whereas Tony has consistently been at the top.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And now Tony gets to cruise into the final four because he can only play the HII at the next two tribals.

So it doesn't really matter if it was the right move for Tony because he can still control the next couple of votes. I think the only problem for him is that whoever he gets to the final four with is going to want to vote him out if he doesn't win immunity. Maybe Spencer would keep him around because I think more people on the jury would vote for him over Tony, but Kass/Trish/Woo would definitely lose to Tony unless the jury is really bitter.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Who are they going to go with? They only thing they can offer is being weaker immunity threats than Tony and Woo.

Spencer and Tash, at the very least you're not enabling somebody who has now screwed you over twice.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Poque posted:

We still don't know if it's final 3. Six left and we still have several weeks left.

He'll be in trouble if he has to go against Spencer or Tasha. Possibly Woo. His best case scenario would be either Trish or Kass (ideally Kass).

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Ghostpilot posted:

Yeah I thought he'd get jury votes for awhile but he's gone off the beaten path too much now

heybrother
Jan 4, 2013
If not for the super idol this could've been one of the best finishes in a long time. It still might be, but Tony holding one normal idol next week would've been fantastic. Regardless it's been a great season

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Jefra is exactly the player you drag to the end. Why did you do that Tony?

How plausible do people think the "all girl alliance" thing is?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Ghostpilot posted:

He'll be in trouble if he has to go against Spencer or Tasha. Possibly Woo. His best case scenario would be either Trish or Kass (ideally Kass).
I think Woo would get tagged as the second banana nobody respects and doubt he could persuade the jury. Trish could make a pitch much stronger than her game. Spencer would have to gently caress up to lose and Tasha is a lock outside of a surprising "gently caress the challenge monster!" jury.

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

It's a chicken/egg thing. Tony is much closer to Woo and doesn't appear to like or respect them much.

UltimoDragonQuest fucked around with this message at 02:11 on May 1, 2014

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Because as good he is at the game he is very prone to over playing at the drop of a hat. If he was playing with returning players I think he'd get his rear end handed to him because of it.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
I think Tony hosed himself over this episode. He could have just cruised to the finals with his alliance of people whose games don't match up to his, instead not only did he just keep a bigger threat outsider over the non entity alliance member, he made that outsider's jury case a hell of a lot stronger and added probably the most bitter betrayal victim of his to the jury pool full of other people he's betrayed as well.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

I think Woo would get tagged as the second banana nobody respects and doubt he could persuade the jury. Trish could make a pitch much stronger than her game. Spencer would have to gently caress up to lose and Tasha is a lock outside of a surprising "gently caress the challenge monster!" jury.
It's a chicken/egg thing. Tony is much closer to Woo and doesn't appear to like or respect them much.

Yeah, I think that he could get that tag. But he's also be more pro-active than most and he is likeable, which is more than can be said of many second bananas.

I think the Russell comparison made a page or two ago is quite apt - he's playing hard, but he's also playing a 2nd place game.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Ghostpilot posted:

I think the Russell comparison made a page or two ago is quite apt - he's playing hard, but he's also playing a 2nd place game.
I hope it turns out like South Pacific where Coach was rightfully toxic, but the jury still attacked Sophie and Albert.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Robnoxious posted:

Spence just lucks into everything.

Luck? Oh hell no, Spencer was working his rear end off to plant those seeds of paranoia in Tony. He made this happen, in a skillful and subtle way.

It has happened several times. Do you not remember Sandra pulling that trick, twice?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

LeJackal posted:

It has happened several times. Do you not remember Sandra pulling that trick, twice?

No? She was working with Rupert both times, and ended up in F3 with the male villain (Fairplay, Russell) both times.

Parvati, however, worked wonders with it in FvF.

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

I just want to see Kass go at this pont.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

three nerds vs three beefcakes. and the last three voted off were all former beauties!!! what a season~!

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I didn't really think the Tony-as-Russell comparisons were really valid, and I still think he has a much better chance of winning than Russell ever did, but he really pushed his luck in this episode. If he had just gotten rid of LJ and cruised it would have kind have been a masterstroke, and saying 'I got rid of the biggest threat in my alliance by voting against half of my alliance without anyone caring' would have been a pretty good jury argument. Now, though, he's probably lost Jefra (and Trish if she ends up on the jury). Plus, people who would consider voting for Tony for his gameplay would probably give Tasha and Spencer some consideration, so you don't want to prolong their shot at making the finals.

A lot of Tony's other moves were crazy (including voting out LJ), but he got away with it somehow. There are too few people and the target is too unthreatening for that to happen again, though (and it's a giant flashing siren that he can not be relied on for a single vote going forward).

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013

John Cena posted:

three nerds vs three beefcakes. and the last three voted off were all former beauties!!! what a season~!

It's actually even 4 straight beauties voted out right?

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
Spencer and Tasha played that perfectly. Loved Tasha's confessional that as a nice side effect of trying to make Tony paranoid, she's also strengthening her relationship with the girls for the future. Things are now set up perfectly for Trish and Kass to finally abandon Tony's madness and turn on him. As long as the SuperIdol doesn't completely ruin everything this will make for a great finish.

Also anyone that was questioning Tasha's auction move is nuts. Just two seasons ago in Caramoan there was both a challenge advantage and a separate Hidden Immunity clue up for grabs. Her ideal situation was both her and Spencer immune at Tribal, and that was not going to happen if both of them used their $500 on what they assumed to be a challenge advantage that would only help one of them. I also think it was unfair for Jeff not to say exactly what they were bidding on-- if it was clear that it was an Idol clue, Spencer and Tasha could have tailed him all day a la Andrea tailing Malcolm at this exact point in Caramoan.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Joose Caboose posted:

It's actually even 4 straight beauties voted out right?

as a matter of fact, yes, it's a complete beauticide!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

I think Trish is in a very bad position now if she's up against Tony - he's basically dominated her game twice now and if they're there together all he has to say is that he made his way happen and she was forced to tag along.

Of course, hurt feelings can always prevail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The big difference between someone like Tony and someone like Russell at the end: tony is likeable. Likability goes a long way and can be what saves your rear end at Final Tribal. His moves aren't done out of malice, he's not pointlessly talking poo poo to his other tribemates, it's all in the name of the game, and his moves broken down on an individual level are completely justifiable when he voted someone out. He's not blindly getting rid of people, he's targeting people he perceives as a direct threat to his game, be it long term or short term. With him, no vote has been one that was of waste. With how he has interacted with people before, and how he'll probably speak to the jury, I think he's nearly a shoo-in if he makes it to final tribal to win. The guy clearly has controlled the pace of this game from the getgo, has avoided alienating people, and the only thing I can see backfiring on him is the clapping after some of the votes, which can probably be spun as him applauding his alliance for successfully making a move.

• Locked thread