Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.

TheFlyingLlama posted:

Your infield and Starting pitching and my Outfield and Bullpen? I mean, a top five of Cobb, Bonds, Ruth, Foxx and Ott sounds pretty good.

Otherwise, the Zombie Llamas bring a pretty great outfield in Ruth-Bonds-Ott, a bullpen that won't be nearly as bad as it looked in the Temple, and I guess an infield if you really don't care about defense?

That's not a bad idea. Remind me of your bullpen, though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

cbx posted:

That's not a bad idea. Remind me of your bullpen, though?

Baby Eckersley, old Timlin, Kenny Rogers, Jeff Russell, Kevin Gregg, and in this case, the LR would be Carl Mays. It's not great.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

TheFlyingLlama posted:

Baby Eckersley, old Timlin, Kenny Rogers, Jeff Russell, Kevin Gregg, and in this case, the LR would be Carl Mays. It's not great.

Well, you've got The Gambler, and a nasty outfield. So, my infield and SPs and your outfield/bullpen then. Sounds pretty good.

Forzelt
Jul 23, 2012

Variance? Fuck that noise.
If anyone is interested, the Dinos have decent SPs/lineup (OF/C is probably the better half) and a terrible bullpen.

I agree. Memento Mori is the best non-DH division for survival, but I doubt it'll be enough. Anyhow, please swap Rixey and Jenkins with Bubbles as Rixey's personal catcher. Thanks.

Beet
Aug 24, 2003
Looks like it's time for FYWAMFB to take a third shot at this.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
Hey guys, worried that your team is going to suck and die? Concerned that you will go from expansion to relegation without knowing the sweet sensation of winning a major championship? If so, sign up for...

The 3rd Tag Team Championship Tournament: Parejas Increibles

Once again, we're going to have a Tag-Team Contest during what would otherwise be the all-star break.

The way this will work is that two teams, and it can be any two teams, whether they be from the Super-League, the Sub-Par League, or some sort of unholy union between a team from the Super-League and a team from the Sub-Par League, will team up to form a super-team, with each team providing two of the following four components:

-Infield (1B, 2B, 3B, SS, DH, two backup IFs)
-Outfield and Catcher (C, LF, CF, RF, a backup C, and two backup OFs)
-Starting Rotation (SP1, SP2, SP3, SP4, SP5)
-Bullpen (CL, SU, SR, SR, MR, LR)

The winners get the greatest gift I am capable of giving: Immortality! That's right, the teams who win this tournament will be immune from relegation or demotion for a full season! And if you are in the Sub-Par league and are part of the winning tag team, you'll automatically be promoted to the Super-League proper for Super-League XIV.

The defending champions of this contest are the two-time Tag Team Champions of the Woooooooooooooorld, the team called Doomsday (Rockford Losers/Florida Oranges). As yet, no tag team has been able to defeat this team in tag team competition.

So, find yourself a partner, combine material from each of your teams, and create a child team that you both will cherish and nurture right up until it is beaten to death by Doomsday. But hey, that's just the circle of life.

Participating Teams!
Doomsday (Rockford Losers/Florida Oranges) (c)
Monateam Sentai Gofailer (Canton Calamities/Louisville Muggers)
New Worst Symphony (New World Symphony/The Worst)
gently caress You We Are Beet and McFreeze (Khartoum Doom/Somali Pirates)
The WinAmps (Detroit Protectors/Zombie Llamas)

Smasher Dynamo fucked around with this message at 05:13 on May 1, 2014

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

cbx posted:

Well, you've got The Gambler, and a nasty outfield. So, my infield and SPs and your outfield/bullpen then. Sounds pretty good.

Cool. Any idea for a name?

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

A lucky roll has once again given Chipper a fulltime spot. Make Chipper the everyday 3B, send Youk down for Ashburn.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Somebody with a good infield and not shameful bullpen manage a tag team for me.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
I need a partner, but I fear the thunder are not ideally shaped for this purpose - still everyone knows what the thunder are so

gungemidget you keen?

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

The Generics have a good IF and a bullpen that wasn't an afterthought. So an IF with a Foxx/Musial 1B, Collins/Lajoie 2B, Robinson 3B and one of my SS who isn't terrible this season.

Edit: Can also platoon Ott at 3B :haw:

kw0134 fucked around with this message at 03:41 on May 1, 2014

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

So...my infield is decent with a Votto/Cano/Reyes/HanRam core and Musial as DH.

But beyond that it gets weird. Power pitching all the way with no control, and a completely lack of catcher makes OF a non-starter (unless Mike Sweeney catching is a thing you want).

I'll take any comers.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I will. Great infield with Santo/Collins/Vaughan and some combination of Ramirez/Mantle/Heilmann at first and DH. And a bullpen with Rivera and Smoltz.

e: If not, I'm willing to work with anything should a team with two clear strengths need it.

mentholmoose fucked around with this message at 03:50 on May 1, 2014

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007

The Merry Marauder posted:

Why did my GPS app just start up?

Mischief managed. :smuggo:

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Anyone want to team up? I bring lots of slime! Plus a pretty good rotation, and a decent infield or bullpen maybe.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

TheFlyingLlama posted:

Cool. Any idea for a name?

The WinAmps? (Protectors of the Llama, is the joke)

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

cbx posted:

The WinAmps? (Protectors of the Llama, is the joke)

Works for me.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Well the price is right, whoever else ends up on the isle of misfit teams look up the london slayers!

I'd guess my SP/IF is the best contribution.

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Well, Chippy is already my favourite character!

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

I need a partner, but I fear the thunder are not ideally shaped for this purpose - still everyone knows what the thunder are so

gingemidget you keen?

I'm up for teaming with the Thunder, sure.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Listen up folks. I've got Double Pedro + Mariano Rivera and a few good bats with atrocious defense.

That's gotta be compatible for a team with somebody, right???

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

Offer me trades, nerdlingers. Pitching, mainly.

Also a tag team partner, I guess I can provide the IF and uh SP?

Beet
Aug 24, 2003

Believe me, I hate to do this to you as much as you hate to hear it, but you're right. A clown car bullpen has no reason to exist. Let Jay Howell find himself in the minors and Billy Herman on my bench. In the very least, it should only take like four clicks.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

The Grass Valley Wizards are also throwing their hat in the ring for the tag team thing, but I don't know enough to be able to say "yes, this team complements me well", especially since my team seems to come out to a resounding "meh" at nearly every position, so whoever would be game to team up, just drop me a line in the thread.

TheMcD fucked around with this message at 10:13 on May 1, 2014

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

ForeverBWFC posted:

So, does anyone fancy being in a tag team with a team that has a player that could play literally anywhere?

Given that I would have loved to snatch the RNG God for myself I think I could manage and we could revive the Smasher named Rock'n Bock Connection (or take a different name) if we can align our players in a way that makes sense. I would say my pitching staff is probably my best part and maybe my Outfield/C or bullpen afterwards if we talk about things I could bring to the table (then again my backup catchers are a nightmare).

Edit: Obviously the offer is out there for everyone else as well.

CVE fucked around with this message at 14:23 on May 1, 2014

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

I need a Tag Team partner. I think my best assets are Starting Pitching and Infield (if for no other reason than the fact my outfield relies on a guy with a 79 roll and 38-year-old Musial, and my bullpen's 3rd best pitcher is Joba Chamberlain).

Still, the Generics and Pharmas combined last year to fall 1 game short of a playoff spot, and the Pharmas SP and Infield is even better in SL13.

Any of the following teams have interest?

-Generics
-Colliders
-Fire Ferrets
...would be happy to roll with a Sub-Par League team too if you want!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I have no catcher or bullpen to speak of, so I'll pass.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

FairGame posted:

I need a Tag Team partner. I think my best assets are Starting Pitching and Infield (if for no other reason than the fact my outfield relies on a guy with a 79 roll and 38-year-old Musial, and my bullpen's 3rd best pitcher is Joba Chamberlain).

Still, the Generics and Pharmas combined last year to fall 1 game short of a playoff spot, and the Pharmas SP and Infield is even better in SL13.

Any of the following teams have interest?

-Generics
-Colliders
-Fire Ferrets
...would be happy to roll with a Sub-Par League team too if you want!

I'd be down to tag with you - our outfield could come out to Sheffield, Bonds and Rickey, which is a pretty decent lineup, but our bullpen would probably still be a bit lacking overall.

Still, if nobody else is interested, I'd be willing to give it a shot.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

Pash posted:

Anyone want to team up? I bring lots of slime! Plus a pretty good rotation, and a decent infield or bullpen maybe.

As a member of the Twin City Triads, I find your lack of loyalty... disappointing.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

TheMcD posted:

I'd be down to tag with you - our outfield could come out to Sheffield, Bonds and Rickey, which is a pretty decent lineup, but our bullpen would probably still be a bit lacking overall.

Still, if nobody else is interested, I'd be willing to give it a shot.

I actually really like your bullpen. We couldn't have Rickey in the OF, though--by rule, we'd have to have an outfield comprised only of your players, so it'd be Barry/Lofton/Sheffield. If we want my Rickey (and I think we do), he'd be the DH.

Which I have no problem with at all, and I'll cross my fingers that Buster Posey can hit.

Mind if I take a crack at putting together a roster and lineups and stuff?

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

CVE posted:

Given that I would have loved to snatch the RNG God for myself I think I could manage and we could revive the Smasher named Rock'n Bock Connection (or take a different name) if we can align our players in a way that makes sense. I would say my pitching staff is probably my best part and maybe my Outfield/C afterwards if we talk about things I could bring to the table (then again my backup catchers are a nightmare).

So that'd leave my infield and bulllpen with maybe Ruth as a DH? That could work. A team with Yoshida and the RNG God on it would be hilariously awful, that's for sure!

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

FairGame posted:

I actually really like your bullpen. We couldn't have Rickey in the OF, though--by rule, we'd have to have an outfield comprised only of your players, so it'd be Barry/Lofton/Sheffield. If we want my Rickey (and I think we do), he'd be the DH.

Which I have no problem with at all, and I'll cross my fingers that Buster Posey can hit.

Mind if I take a crack at putting together a roster and lineups and stuff?

Sounds good to me.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

ForeverBWFC posted:

So that'd leave my infield and bulllpen with maybe Ruth as a DH? That could work. A team with Yoshida and the RNG God on it would be hilariously awful, that's for sure!

If you have more confidence in your outfield than mine I could bring my bullpen as well although they are either young or unproven so it could be a trainwreck or they could be amazing.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

CVE posted:

If you have more confidence in your outfield than mine I could bring my bullpen as well although they are either young or unproven so it could be a trainwreck or they could be amazing.

I'd be fine with that as long as you're fine with my infield contributing good defence and average batting numbers. Although if we play in Bolton then Rolen will remember how to hit at least!

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

ForeverBWFC posted:

I'd be fine with that as long as you're fine with my infield contributing good defence and average batting numbers. Although if we play in Bolton then Rolen will remember how to hit at least!

Sure let's go with my pitching and your batting then. Do you want to draw up the team or shall I do it?

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

In a cruel twist of fate, the RNG God will be rolled as a pitcher for the tournament.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

CVE posted:

Sure let's go with my pitching and your batting then. Do you want to draw up the team or shall I do it?

Let's start editing!

ForeverBWFC fucked around with this message at 15:14 on May 1, 2014

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

It's currently refusing me access to it.

Mr. Cool rear end posted:

In a cruel twist of fate, the RNG God will be rolled as a pitcher for the tournament.

I'm fully expecting stuff like that to happen. Still the RNG God will find a way in our team (if necessary under the disguise of the DH) and will find play.

CVE fucked around with this message at 15:07 on May 1, 2014

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

ForeverBWFC posted:

Teams with good infield defense and average batting numbers are where it's at!

...I was really hoping Pash wouldn't take Rolen during the DD; was trying so hard to recreate the W's infield.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

CVE posted:

It's currently refusing me access to it.

Try it now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Someone team up with the Bombers, kthx.

CVE posted:

I'm fully expecting stuff like that to happen. Still the RNG God will find a way in our team (if necessary under the disguise of the DH) and will find play.

Perhaps, right before the tournament, you could ask Smasher what he's going to be during various points in the tournament and make the roster with that in mind? I really don't think you need to make the roster immediately.