Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

if you're not periodically draining your wrinklers of cookies to fund your lategame purchases you're kinda doing it wrong anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M3wThr33
Sep 4, 2004

I gave up long ago trying to contribute anything ever.
Before, you periodically popped them because they weren't saved.

Now they are.

However, if you're late into a game, popping for just one more Prism might outweigh how long it takes to get back to 10 wrinklers.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Yes, but if you go too long without being able to afford SOMETHING then it starts to get tedious. I'll take a hit to my total cookies in exchange for being able to say I actually increased my CPS today.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Apparently I've been right about full pledge being better if you click enough all along! http://www.reddit.com/r/CookieClicker/comments/246vxp/frozen_cookies_v_12_pledging_is_actually_best/

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Dum Cumpster posted:

Apparently I've been right about full pledge being better if you click enough all along! http://www.reddit.com/r/CookieClicker/comments/246vxp/frozen_cookies_v_12_pledging_is_actually_best/

After reading this I am still really fuzzy on what the implications of this is and how much this post relies on your use of Frozen Cookies. Like I am assuming FC autoclicks for you, but then why does he bring up "literally never clicking" in relation to the full Grandmapocalypse, and then why is he discussing the full G-pocalypse at all when the debate has always been between full pledge and Awakened.

I still think it is completely depends on your playstyle, add-ons, etc. For example, I play vanilla and leave it running in an alternate tab during work, so depending on how busy I am I can click anywhere between 25-50% of golden cookies throughout my work day. I am pretty confident that frenzies + wrinklers is going to net me more in this situation than going full elder pact and hoping for the occasional Elder Frenzy (especially because its nearly impossible to sync reindeer playing this way). If I was just leaving it running at home (which I can't do) and then playing with full focus for a half hour to an hour then I'm sure full pledge would be the way to go for the increased frequency of frenzied click frenzies.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
If you're mostly passive then stick with wrinklers. If you're active most of the time and click during most of the frenzied click frenzies then you should pledge.

I don't use any auto clickers or buyers but click all day while I'm at work and at home while playing diablo or whatever and have always found pledging to be better.

10 clicks a second is way slower than what you can do with frozen so I think he's letting people who don't use it know as well. I manage about 20/second by hand.

Dum Cumpster fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Apr 28, 2014

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

FC is designed for autoplay so I'm skeptical of how useful pledging is for humans getting well below 100% of golden cookies.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Well I figure if I click at double the click rate he tested and manage to click for half of the frenzied click frenzies then that'll apply to me. That doesn't seem hard to do with the amount of time I spend in front of my computer.

Full pledge also seems to be a lot more brainless way to play, not worrying about syncing reindeer as much.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Also if DC is on a PC using mousekeys for clicking then his output from clicks is probably pretty huge, especially on Frenzied Click Frenzies. I know currently my FCF's on my PC net me about 1 sextillion, on my work mac it is about half that, the last Elder Frenzied Deer I got was maybe ~600 quintillion?

So like I said a lot of depends on plugins, how active you are (and for what periods of time), and general preference.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Guy A. Person posted:

Also if DC is on a PC using mousekeys for clicking then his output from clicks is probably pretty huge, especially on Frenzied Click Frenzies. I know currently my FCF's on my PC net me about 1 sextillion, on my work mac it is about half that, the last Elder Frenzied Deer I got was maybe ~600 quintillion?

So like I said a lot of depends on plugins, how active you are (and for what periods of time), and general preference.

You're right/I agree on all of that. Also the frozen cookie guy has added some more info in there since I posted it, might want to keep checking that thread. Seems interesting at least.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Keeping track of the FC development is pretty interesting, but the dev posted several times now that he's dead set against anything that doesn't have 'get a higher cps' as its ultimate goal. He's looking into the problem that FC basically freezes Cookie Clicker for a few minutes on load (with lots of chips).

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
How much do you get back when you sell something? Trying to do the math on selling antimatter condensers to pay for the 200th prism, and whether it's more efficient to sell everything (like people do when they go for 400 cursors) - since even the Frozen Cookies guy has never considered it that I know of, I assume it's not a lot, but I'm asking anyway.

Explain How!
Dec 14, 2013
Closing in on 200 ACs, just another 20Sx to go...

Kill me now.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Explain How! posted:

Closing in on 200 ACs, just another 20Sx to go...

Kill me now.

How many chips? I'm at 1.15M and will probably go for it soon.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

How much do you get back when you sell something? Trying to do the math on selling antimatter condensers to pay for the 200th prism, and whether it's more efficient to sell everything (like people do when they go for 400 cursors) - since even the Frozen Cookies guy has never considered it that I know of, I assume it's not a lot, but I'm asking anyway.

I made a new game and sold a cursor for 9 a grandma for 55 but you probably need an exact answer :shobon:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Dum Cumpster posted:

I made a new game and sold a cursor for 9 a grandma for 55 but you probably need an exact answer :shobon:
Oh, it was hiding on the wiki! I searched for "sell" and not "selling".

"When selling a building, you are refunded half of the building's current price. Note, that this means the refund is 0.575 times of the amount of cookies spent to buy it."

That jives, because half of 17 and half of 110 respectively. That actually did help because I had to think about what could get those numbers!

...hmm, so that's like 2.5 sextillion from the 199th condenser, which saves me not nearly as much time as I'd think. That said, the prism upgrade comes close enough to doubling my CPS that it's more effective to do it as long as it's a 74% increase or better (that's 1/0.575), which it definitely is.

Explain How!
Dec 14, 2013

Dum Cumpster posted:

How many chips? I'm at 1.15M and will probably go for it soon.

Thats with only 385k. I reset every 140h or so, because thats my thing.

It's not really that bad, it's 20sx of AC to buy, but I have 2.5 banked and 7 in wrinklers so really only 11 or so to actually gain.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Oh I'm dumb and my brain still thinks ACs are the biggest building. :downs:

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?
I've been playing Derivative Clicker WAY too much (still). It was recently updated with a 5th tier and rollover multipliers for when you reset.

It's running slow as hell right now in Chrome, BUT I have a ~20 billion multiplier when I reset.

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!

Fire Storm posted:

I've been playing Derivative Clicker WAY too much (still). It was recently updated with a 5th tier and rollover multipliers for when you reset.

It's running slow as hell right now in Chrome, BUT I have a ~20 billion multiplier when I reset.

I was playing that until the other day when I looked at my browser window to see that everything was just reset to zero inexplicably.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Fire Storm posted:

The rollover just sucks, though. The proof costs for reset currency increase properly, but 700b mathematicians stays constant, so you just end up getting one currency every two ticks (because it updates weirdly, watch the tab and see for yourself) and it trivializes everything.

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

This is the Dawning of the Age of Hilarious

Kilson posted:

I was playing that until the other day when I looked at my browser window to see that everything was just reset to zero inexplicably.

Happened to me too, when I tried to refresh to get the new patch. All my monies....

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I think they reset all saves on purpose when they updated, according to the changelog.

EDIT: How do you tell how much you're going to benefit from resetting without doing it?

Sindai fucked around with this message at 07:12 on May 1, 2014

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

I'm at 359 cursors, 41 more to go and they already cost ~100 sextillion oh god what am I doing :gonk:

[edit]
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv lol jesus christ :laffo:

Sywert of Thieves fucked around with this message at 15:43 on May 1, 2014

Explain How!
Dec 14, 2013
You crazy gently caress.

198 ACs...

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Merijn posted:

I'm at 359 cursors, 41 more to go and they already cost ~100 sextillion oh god what am I doing :gonk:

My next one is 1.964 septillion. Just 19 more to go!

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!
I'm at 397 or something and they cost 19 septillion+ :(

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?

DACK FAYDEN posted:

The rollover just sucks, though. The proof costs for reset currency increase properly, but 700b mathematicians stays constant, so you just end up getting one currency every two ticks (because it updates weirdly, watch the tab and see for yourself) and it trivializes everything.
I have no clue what you're talking about, being able to get 1000 DC within an hour after resetting doesn't trivialize anything!

EDIT: It looks like that got fixed with today's patch/update.

Sindai posted:

EDIT: How do you tell how much you're going to benefit from resetting without doing it?
Check out the statistics tab and the reset currency is a multiplier, so 482 = the output of everything in the first tier is multiplied by 482.
And it's totally possible to get that into the billions or higher, so yes, it's possible to get many billion on your first click.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Fire Storm posted:

Check out the statistics tab and the reset currency is a multiplier, so 482 = the output of everything in the first tier is multiplied by 482.
And it's totally possible to get that into the billions or higher, so yes, it's possible to get many billion on your first click.
It must have been changed or something because I was finally able to test it and 45 "currency" gives a 1.45 multiplier.

Also it increases pretty slowly.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

Sindai posted:

It must have been changed or something because I was finally able to test it and 45 "currency" gives a 1.45 multiplier.

Also it increases pretty slowly.

This is what I experienced, too, a few days ago.

Back on cookies: any guesses as to why Frozen Cookies always tries to buy Elder Pledge when I enter Halloween season? The only reason I'm in Halloween is to get the Halloween-only cookies and I only get those from popping Wrinklers.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The bonus cookies are pretty worthless for your CPS and Frozen Cookies is designed to pledge by default.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ignoranus posted:

Back on cookies: any guesses as to why Frozen Cookies always tries to buy Elder Pledge when I enter Halloween season? The only reason I'm in Halloween is to get the Halloween-only cookies and I only get those from popping Wrinklers.
The option you want is "Grandmapocalypse Blacklist". It will prevent FC from Pledging until you have all seven cookies. If you turn "Auto-Blacklist" on, it'll also start Pledging again when you have all seven!

(but turn the blacklist on first, or else autoblacklist will keep turning the Speedrun Blacklist off, which comes before Grandmapocalypse on the list, so you'll never click fast enough to get there)

I have 2m HC. If I reset right now, I would have 2.6m HC, but I have 200 Prisms going. When do I reset?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Ignoranus posted:

This is what I experienced, too, a few days ago.

Are you running the Grandmapocalypse black list?

Edit: Oh you cheeky little... :argh:

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I have 2m HC. If I reset right now, I would have 2.6m HC, but I have 200 Prisms going. When do I reset?

From what I understand, you reset whenever you feel like it'll take too long for your next purchase to become purchaseable. Whether that's a day's wait, a week's wait, or a month's wait is up to you.

That said, I would find it interesting if the Frozen Cookies developer looked into trying to find efficiency breakpoints for resets to ensure maximum HC production in the shortest span of time across sessions.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

DACK FAYDEN posted:

If you have 200 prisms, the next (last) milestone is 400 cursors.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Merijn posted:

If you have 200 prisms, the next (last) milestone is 400 cursors.

Or the 320 cursors upgrade.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
I recently started a new game after not having played since last October. I've reset a few times and I'm sitting at about 14.5T/sec. I'm just curious about what I've missed since then and what I should be doing at the moment to maximise my progress. I don't want to use any autoclickers or autobuild.

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

Mr Scumbag posted:

I recently started a new game after not having played since last October. I've reset a few times and I'm sitting at about 14.5T/sec. I'm just curious about what I've missed since then and what I should be doing at the moment to maximise my progress. I don't want to use any autoclickers or autobuild.

click the cookie

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Pizzatime posted:

click the cookie

You must be really good at this game.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Nth Doctor posted:

Or the 320 cursors upgrade.

You should get that way before 200 prisms

Mr Scumbag posted:

Check my posts on this page, google anything you don't understand. Also try getting the cookie master add on. It doesn't click for you, just does the math to make things easier, and had a golden cookie sound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Dum Cumpster posted:

You should get that way before 200 prisms

Check my posts on this page, google anything you don't understand. Also try getting the cookie master add on. It doesn't click for you, just does the math to make things easier, and had a golden cookie sound.

Thanks, I'll check your posts. I've tried installing Cookie Master since I used to use it but it doesn't seem to be compatible with the current version. Is there a beta I'm missing?

Edit: I found the fix by looking at your posts. Thanks!

Mr Scumbag fucked around with this message at 18:06 on May 3, 2014

• Locked thread