Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

He's not as wrong as you think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

It's Freep you idiot. You really think they know the constitution past "When in the course of human evants," and the part where it says GUNS?

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

DrProsek posted:

Yeah i distinctly remember seeing a lot of posts on Freep declaring Cruz a RINO, but over what I have no idea. I know he voted for something that Harry Reid voted for and I think JimRob declared Cruz surrendered and is no true conservative.

You are far too optimistic about the worst of humanity to think they would declare Cruz a RINO for something petty as a vote. But I'll tell you what it really was. Are you ready?

It was...................expressing regret over Nelson Mandela's death.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

DemeaninDemon posted:

It's Freep you idiot. You really think they know the constitution past "When in the course of human evants," and the part where it says GUNS?

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

DemeaninDemon posted:

In fairness, they're also huge on "freedom of speech" and "freedom of religion" but it the most backwards and self-serving way conceivable.

And sporadically really big on 4th/5th amendment rights for other than "those people".

We need to see a 3rd Amendment test, maybe some article about commission in San Diego refusing to provide free housing to ARE TROOPS of the Pacific Fleet?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

In fairness, they're also huge on "freedom of speech" and "freedom of religion" but it the most backwards and self-serving way conceivable.

And sporadically really big on 4th/5th amendment rights for other than "those people".

We need to see a 3rd Amendment test, maybe some article about commission in San Diego refusing to provide free housing to ARE TROOPS of the Pacific Fleet?

We'll see a third amendment test in 2183 when all guns are artificially intelligent and subject to a military draft but their owners aren't.

:v:

lousy hat
Jul 17, 2004

bone appetit
Clapping Larry

As I went to tap your link, I just thought, "Please be Marbury."

Regardless, their take on the role of the judiciary is just as backwards and self-serving as their take on the Constitution. If Obama or a Democratic Congress refused to enforce a SCOTUS decision, the entire site of Freep would be nothing but swearing, decrying the death of the rule of law, calling the Republic dead, and calling for mob lynchings of politicians.

...Oh yeah. But more! More than now! It's possible! And they'd be right to be furious, but not for the reasons they'd give.

DEKH
Jan 4, 2014

Finnankainen posted:

The Sacrilegious Sarah Palin
Torture is totally fine guys.

That part of training was called "resisting torture"

It's not even that bad, really. If you've ever sneezed, you've been through worse.

Just in case the Sarah Palin worship wasn't literal enough.

Literally suffering for our sins.

Just some biblical misquotes for the sake of Islamophobia.

Yeah, I absolutely love this because when I was in law school and we discussed torture in international law our neoconservative law professor made the argument that waterboarding, sleep deprivation etcetera wasn't torture and the two military officers in the class stood up and begged to differ. "Actually, we went through training on how to resist interrogation, and the military did all of that stuff to us precisely because it was torture. The trainers literally said we are going to torture you. So... Yeah... It's torture."

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
One thing that has always confused me about the it's-not-torture position is, if it isn't torture, why bother doing it? If it's no big deal, why would it make a prisoner talk?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Suspicious posted:

One thing that has always confused me about the it's-not-torture position is, if it isn't torture, why bother doing it? If it's no big deal, why would it make a prisoner talk?

Because Arabs are pussies obviously. Waterboarding wouldn't make manly conservative white men talk but Arabs will fold at the first sign of water (because they live in a desert you see).

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Look he put a washcloth over his face in the shower I think he'd know guys.

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.

Suspicious posted:

It's not so much that they think waterboarding isn't unpleasant, it's that they have no problem with doing unpleasant things to people they don't like.

Freep's understanding of "torture" is like their understanding of "racism" - they know it's considered bad, so they redefine it away from themselves. Just as it's not "racism" unless you're literally wearing a pointy white hood, it's not "torture" unless it involves red-hot pokers.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Donald Sterling also receives lifetime ban from Nevada's Bunny Ranch brothel

Personally, I find this whole Sterling drama to be way more entertaining than the actual NBA Playoffs.

quote:

To: JoeProBono

so nba players frequent whorehouses. a lot.

it’s like grand theft auto, in real life.

no more role models. anywhere in this sport.

2 posted on Thursday, May 01, 2014 12:55:53 AM by Secret Agent Man (Gone Galt; Not averse to Going Bronson.)

Freep seems to have gotten the idea that Hockey is some sort of last bastion of the white athlete. This makes me sad, I like hockey. :smith:

quote:

is anyone thinking that sterling is kicking himself for not getting an NHL franchise instead ?

4 posted on Thursday, May 01, 2014 12:56:59 AM by kingattax (America needs more real Americans.)

quote:

And since those girls sleep with HIV positive men like Magic, he’s better off for it.

6 posted on Thursday, May 01, 2014 1:08:25 AM by boycott

Well, I didn't want your crusty snatch anyway!

quote:

A legal brothel is a public accommodation, like a restaurant or a hotel. They can’t ban him. But anyway, he’s a megagazillionaire and will have no trouble finding high cost female entertainment; this is nothing more than an idiotic publicity stunt to get free advertising for his whorehouse.

9 posted on Thursday, May 01, 2014 1:22:33 AM by FredZarguna (Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!)

quote:

Does anyone see the total ick that Pro-Sports have become? Everyone is tatted like they belong to a top gang, they get arrested for drugs, fights, beating girlfriends, weapons and that is not the worst of it insert those that are up on charges for far worse. Now we have an 80 yr old owner with a bizarro racist bent who has a mistress young enough to be his daughter, that is married and he is banned from a bordello because the players party their.

I couldn't write this if I was a writer in the arena that gets into the underbelly of culture / the cop genre.

It is time for us to walk away from Pro-Sports, maybe Hockey is ok.

Watch more Nascar and Figure Skating that is about all we have left....

15 posted on Thursday, May 01, 2014 2:56:33 AM by taildragger (The E-GOP won't know what hit them, The Party of Reagan is almost here, hang tight folks....)

quote:

On another level, I can see how a billionaire who spends a lot of green on a whore to make her look like a girlfriend would not want her accompanied by a AID’s infected sex pervert or his twerking buddies when he is not using her services. Not that I have any sympathy for any of the characters in this drama. Sort of satisfying to see them all in a state of chaos. That is what comes from boorish behavior.

I am expecting some soul food restaurants and a negro barbershop to ban Sterling next.

32 posted on Thursday, May 01, 2014 4:52:01 AM by anton

---

BUNDY, THE BLM, AND THE WHISKEY REBELLION

You know, if you're going to liken your struggle to an historical event, maybe you could choose one that you, you know, actually won.

quote:

To: Jim Robinson

Washington’s response to the Whiskey Rebellion was NOT one of his noblest moments.

2 posted on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 11:22:30 AM by BenLurkin (This is not a statement of fact. It is either opinion or satire; or both.)
How DARE Washington try to curtail MUH FREEDUM! :qq:

But the Whiskey Rebellion was liberal!

quote:

To: BenLurkin

It absolutely was.

The protestors attacked a man in his own home and burned his house down for daring to enforce the laws that Congress passed.

The organizers were leftist scum who were trying to recreate the French Revolution in the USA.

When Washington showed up to restore order, the cowards scattered.

6 posted on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 11:35:23 AM by wideawake

quote:

To: wideawake

You don’t know your history.

Many involved in the Whiskey Rebellion were not fans of the French Revolution as you maintain.

My family was in the Western Pennsylvania area when this happened. Not entirely sure if they were involved or not, but I highly suspect so.

Google the Rev. John Corbly and then come back and tell me that he was a “leftist.”

9 posted on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 11:50:24 AM by sauropod (Fat Bottomed Girl: "What difference, at this point, does it make?")

quote:

To: sauropod

You don’t know your history.

You're not really qualified to judge, given what follows.

Many involved in the Whiskey Rebellion were not fans of the French Revolution as you maintain.

Sorry, but contemporary accounts of the March on Pittsburgh - by far the largest gathering of Whiskey Rebels - show it was led by David Bradford, an admirer of Robespierre.

At the largest meeting of the Whiskey Rebellion leadership where they drafted their resolutions, the convention was led by Bradford and Herman Husband, another advocate of Jacobinism.

the Rev. John Corbly

Corbly did not have Bradford's status in the movement. He was one of the ones who turned tail, but Washington pardoned him.

16 posted on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 12:06:21 PM by wideawake

quote:

Though there are similarities, the Whiskey Rebellion is not all that comparable to the Bundy situation.

First, it was Congress that duly passed the whiskey excise tax, not some unelected federal bureaucrat that makes policy that somehow has the force of law.

Also, prior to Washington leading troops to quell the rebellion, there had been several acts of violence by the participants in the rebellion. Mr Bundy and his family did nothing to merit such heavy-handed treatment.

As to the constitutionality of the law that instigated the Whiskey Rebellion, it looks as though Congress did have the right to pass a law. The citizens definitely demonstrated their opposition, and later the law was repealed. Hope the same thing happens with Obamacare.

23 posted on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 12:35:10 PM by rusty schucklefurd

I'm kinda surprised that Freep is less than enthusiastic about the Whiskey Rebellion considering they're always going GOVERNMENT :argh: and TAXES :argh:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Suspicious posted:

It is a method of interrogation designed to get answers but it's not "torture".

It's like how grilling someone in a room for 8 hours isn't torture, but it is designed to break people down and get answers.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Jagged Jim posted:

I'm kinda surprised that Freep is less than enthusiastic about the Whiskey Rebellion considering they're always going GOVERNMENT :argh: and TAXES :argh:

I goes with being hardcore authoritarians. They hate losers, thus only people they hate can become losers.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

computer parts posted:

Water boarding absolutely is 100% torture. Just because it doesn't leave physical scars like whippings and beatings doesn't make it not torture.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
freepers: Watch more Figure Skating :gay:

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Jagged Jim posted:

That's because the Rebellion was a failure. Only liberals lose.

Also (and more importantly), the Founding Fathers are never wrong. Ever. If they seem to be anything other than infallible it's because you are interpreting things wrong or believing lies by the liberal schools and media.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Jagged Jim posted:

It's hard for them to justify it as an uprising of Constitution-loving patriots when it was crushed by none other than Washington himself.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Sephyr posted:

That's because the Rebellion was a failure. Only liberals lose.

Also (and more importantly), the Founding Fathers are never wrong. Ever. If they seem to be anything other than infallible it's because you are interpreting things wrong or believing lies by the liberal schools and media.

Yep. Conservatism never fails--it can only be failed.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
OK, I forgot--where in Bioshock Infinite can you find that again?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Alter Ego posted:

OK, I forgot--where in Bioshock Infinite can you find that again?

In the garden that you end up in once you get to Columbia.

Nearby are these guys, who gave me one of the best little moments I've ever had while playing a videogame:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI4tiKqpNIU

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

computer parts posted:

It's like how grilling someone in a room for 8 hours isn't torture, but it is designed to break people down and get answers.

What's it like being totally and completely wrong?

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

If we can hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards Checkmate

Loomer posted:

What's it like being totally and completely wrong?

It's like the whole "you're not racist unless you use the N-word (or are a democrat)" argument. It's not torture unless you're actually strapping the person to a Rack.

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012

computer parts posted:

Wait, what?

Inflicting harm, physical or psychological, for the purposes of extracting information, is torture...

a neurotic ai fucked around with this message at 16:54 on May 1, 2014

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

computer parts posted:

Look at how wrong this guy is

UN Committee Against Torture posted:

The State party should rescind any interrogation technique, including methods involving sexual humiliation, “waterboarding”, “short shackling” and using dogs to induce fear, that constitutes torture or cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment, in all places of detention under its de facto effective control, in order to comply with its obligations under the Convention.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Zeroisanumber posted:

In the garden that you end up in once you get to Columbia.

Nearby are these guys, who gave me one of the best little moments I've ever had while playing a videogame:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI4tiKqpNIU

I wish Infinite had stayed with the crazy Tea Party version of America and its history the entire game. The founder worship and Raven Society praising Booth as a hero were much more interesting and atmospheric than the second half. :(

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.

Stultus Maximus posted:

Look at how wrong this guy is

The UN is for NWO cocksuckers. Proud to be an AMURICAN. :patriot:

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

kik2dagroin posted:

freepers: Watch more Figure Skating :gay:
That stood out to me too. I assumed it was because there aren't many black figure skaters (since this is freep after all).

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
Guys I don't think computer parts was actually advancing his own position re waterboarding and torture.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Dozens Injured in Blast in Capital of China's Xinjiang Region

quote:

To: TigerLikesRooster
Uygurs (i.e. muslims) are 41.5% of the population in that region.

2 posted on 4/30/2014 11:49:59 AM by RoosterRedux
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

To: RoosterRedux
If the city is Urumqi, then it’s the largest concentration of Uighur Muslims in China. As in critical mass.

11 posted on 04/30/2014 11:14:06 AM PDT by elcid1970
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: TigerLikesRooster
Quick way to solve it:
1) Make jobs available for Uygur women (and ONLY women) in eastern China. Encourage them to move there.

2) Make no jobs available to Uygur men. make them dependent upon their daughters sending money back.

3) Encourage the Uygur women to marry Han men, thus alleviating the woman shortage in Chinese society.

Within a generation, the problem is gone.

7 posted on 4/30/2014 12:05:53 PM by PapaBear3625 (You don't notice it's a police state until the police come for you.)
--------------------
Sen. Ted Cruz: Putin Attempting to Reassemble USSR (VIDEO)

quote:

To: listenhillary
Spiegel is toilet paper. There was never any agreement that NATO would refuse former Soviet-bloc states access to NATO if they wanted it. Frankly, we should have let Patton drive his tanks into Moscow when we had the chance. Would have saved a lot of lives and kept us from decades of Soviet subversion, the fruits of which we are reaping today.

4 posted on 4/30/2014 10:13:41 PM by Greetings_Puny_Humans (I mostly come out at night... mostly.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Greetings_Puny_Humans
~Frankly, we should have let Patton drive his tanks into Moscow when we had the chance~
LOL.

5 posted on 4/30/2014 10:16:09 PM by wetphoenix
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

quote:

To: wetphoenix
Wow Troll akert .
New Putin troll signed up March 2014 !

6 posted on 4/30/2014 10:22:56 PM by ncalburt ( Amnesty-media out in full force)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]
Yeah that's a new poster. That new poster is also laughing their rear end off about the concept of invading Russia right after WWII and is immediately labeled as a troll. I mean, invading Russia worked for the Nazis didn't it? Guys???? Why are you laughing!!?

quote:

To: bramps
Obama surrendered the Space Race and the Cold War, reversing decades of established history.

8 posted on 4/30/2014 10:30:21 PM by a fool in paradise (The new witchhunt: "Do you NOW, . . . or have you EVER , . . supported traditional marriage?")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]
*posts endlessly on extreme right-wing forums about how useless NASA is and how they need to be defunded*
--------------------
Police investigating Cliven Bundy-related threats to Harry Reid
What is this fascism!? It's not like we've been posting thinly veiled threats against a US Senator and his family the past couple weeks, showed up on his property with armed militiamen threatening to open fire on government agents, or or or......

quote:

What threats has Bundy made? what this is a continuation of the demonizing process. Once the demonization process has ran its course, Bundy will be killed because he has embarrassed Reid.
Common sense says that if Bundy even had a threatful thought about Reid, it would bee al over every news agency world wide.

8 posted on 4/29/2014 11:51:20 AM by sport

quote:

To: sport
Ever notice how Barry-Boy, the Hussein King, likes “D” words?

Yup, and here are a few of his/her/gender neutral: “it” favs:
* Demonize
* Deny
* Deflect (accountability) downward
* Delay
* Distract (see note below)
* Divide
* Destroy.

Note: Since pesky Putin has kept Obama occupied lately, the “Weekly Distraction Duty” has been jointly re-assigned to Feudal Lord Reid, and DOJ Gestapo Leader “Eric the Racist” Holder.

BTW, who knew that the Ancient Art of Community Organizing could be reduced to a simple list of “D” words? Lenin would be so proud!

I certainly did not realize the genius of The “D” List, and I guess that is why I have not yet won the Nobel Peace Prize - - - -. [Sigh].

16 posted on 04/29/2014 9:56:31 AM PDT by Graewoulf (Democrats' Obamacare Socialist Health Insur. Tax violates U.S. Constitution AND Anti-Trust Law.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies ]

quote:

I don’t encourage any violence or death threats against Harry Reid. I want him to die of natural causes.......SOON.

9 posted on 4/29/2014 11:51:22 AM by faucetman ( Just the facts, ma'am, Just the facts)

quote:

Reid has crossed the rubicon for utter hate and vengeance. Harry is spiraling into space, drunk on Marxist power and obsessed by the stuff that wields it.

On a lighter note, his fruit cake spawn (”son”) seems to be the only Democrat defending him, and even he is known to have been diapered with a “job”, only by the heavy hand of Harry causing the job’s standard requirement to be lowered enough for baby spawn to crawl over it and justify the buy-off,...oops,...I mean— landing the position. LOL!

25 posted on 4/29/2014 12:12:58 PM by RitaOK ( VIVA CHRISTO REY / Public education is the farm team for more Marxists coming.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

quote:

To: faucetman
Reid has said and done a lot of things over the years that served no real purpose other than to insult and challenge good Americans.I’m surprised that some unbalanced person hasn’t fixated on Harry a long time ago.

40 posted on 4/29/2014 12:50:17 PM by Farmer Dean (stop worrying about what they want to do to you,start thinking about what you want to do to them)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

quote:

It’s OK for reid to threaten the “little people” but woe to those who defend themselves by like remarks!

45 posted on 4/29/2014 2:10:02 PM by freeangel ( (free speech is only good until someone else doesn't like it)

quote:

I hope someone does crack Reid’s stupid head.
I have no intention of doing so and represent no threat to anyone, but when and if someone does, I will chuckle.
About time these sleazy, mouthy politicians reap what they sow.

Just my crack from the peanut gallery.

46 posted on 4/29/2014 2:40:30 PM by Fear The People (When the government fears the people, you have LIBERTY.)

quote:

To: Responsibility2nd
And we all understand that Reid’s characterization of Bundy as a “racist” and “domestic terrorist”, etc,

are precursors to justifying taking violent action against him.

Reid/leftists would deny that, but we understand where they’re going.

48 posted on 4/29/2014 2:49:04 PM by MrB (The difference between a Humanist and a Satanist - the latter admits whom he's working for)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

quote:

Why does a senator have a security detail and why am I paying for such a thing? Until fairly recently, even former presidents (and for that matter, presidents in office) didn’t have guards. Do senators and other officeholders feel themselves apart from the people they supposedly represent? If so, they should resign immediately. Imperial Rome didn’t even have a set-up like this.

54 posted on 4/29/2014 5:05:44 PM by 2ndDivisionVet (I will raise $2M for Cruz and/or Palin's next run, what will you do?)

quote:

To: 2ndDivisionVet
Do senators and other officeholders feel themselves apart from the people they supposedly represent?
They feel threatened. As they should. Most are worthless scum and should be in jail. Right after they are horse whipped.

55 posted on 4/29/2014 6:18:05 PM by unixfox (Abolish Slavery, Repeal the 16th Amendment)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 54 | View Replies]

quote:

That sounds like a threat, doesn’t it?

56 posted on 4/29/2014 6:36:45 PM by DallasSun

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

Why does a senator have a security detail and why am I paying for such a thing? Until fairly recently, even former presidents (and for that matter, presidents in office) didn’t have guards. Do senators and other officeholders feel themselves apart from the people they supposedly represent? If so, they should resign immediately. Imperial Rome didn’t even have a set-up like this.

54 posted on 4/29/2014 5:05:44 PM by 2ndDivisionVet (I will raise $2M for Cruz and/or Palin's next run, what will you do?)

Uhhh I'm pretty sure that former presidents and vice presidents get Secret Service protection for life, along with vice presidents, and their kids up to a certain age. Maybe it had something to do with a president getting his face blown off in the 60's that they always have a protective detail now?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Secret_Service#Dual_Mission

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Swan Oat posted:

Guys I don't think computer parts was actually advancing his own position re waterboarding and torture.

Then he should source his quotes. :colbert:

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.

quote:

I hope someone does crack Reid’s stupid head.
I have no intention of doing so and represent no threat to anyone, but when and if someone does, I will chuckle.
About time these sleazy, mouthy politicians reap what they sow.

Just my crack from the peanut gallery.

46 posted on 4/29/2014 2:40:30 PM by Fear The People (When the government fears the people, you have LIBERTY.)

This is the perfect example of Freepers as cowards.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Oh, so I guess if I put in "HEY GUYS IT WAS JUST A JOKE I'M NOT A THREAT" I can joke about killing elected officials I don't like too!

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

lousy hat posted:

As I went to tap your link, I just thought, "Please be Marbury."

Regardless, their take on the role of the judiciary is just as backwards and self-serving as their take on the Constitution. If Obama or a Democratic Congress refused to enforce a SCOTUS decision, the entire site of Freep would be nothing but swearing, decrying the death of the rule of law, calling the Republic dead, and calling for mob lynchings of politicians.

...Oh yeah. But more! More than now! It's possible! And they'd be right to be furious, but not for the reasons they'd give.

To be fair if the constitution meant whatever the government said it meant the Republic would be dead. And freep would be fine with that if the ones calling the shots were Republicans.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Ninjasaurus posted:

This is the perfect example of Freepers as cowards.

So I wonder if any freepers are embarrassed by the Bundy ranch militias. You know, people who actually got off their Rascals and did something other than talk big on the internet.

Fruity Rudy
Oct 8, 2008

Taste The Rainbow!
Looks like The Onion has been reading Freep:
Woman A Leading Authority On What Shouldn’t Be In Poor People’s Grocery Carts

Kwyjibo
Apr 1, 2003

quote:

"But then again, what do you expect?" Gaither added, making eye contact with the reporter.
Perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

kik2dagroin posted:

Sen. Ted Cruz: Putin Attempting to Reassemble USSR (VIDEO)
Yeah that's a new poster. That new poster is also laughing their rear end off about the concept of invading Russia right after WWII and is immediately labeled as a troll. I mean, invading Russia worked for the Nazis didn't it? Guys???? Why are you laughing!!?

*posts endlessly on extreme right-wing forums about how useless NASA is and how they need to be defunded*

I can't tell if Greetings_Puny_Humans is talking about Operation Unthinkable (in which case Patton was as in position to roll tanks into Moscow as the US Army is right now) or that thing a Freeper mentioned earlier about basically joining Operation Barbarossa and signing a new Molotov-Ribbentrop pact with Nazi Germany (in which case the USA wouldn't be imitating the Nazi invasion of Russia, they'd be joining it!). Either way, I like how invading the USSR was to save lives. Because if there's one phrase I'd use to describe a war between two superpowers, it's "life saving"!

• Locked thread