Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm trying to watch the rest of this season finale but the show's just cut out. It wasn't even half over, this is bullshit :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Man, and next week isn't even the finale?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Rarity posted:

I'm trying to watch the rest of this season finale but the show's just cut out. It wasn't even half over, this is bullshit :mad:

My CW feed froze on a Dr. Pepper commercial during the last commercial break, causing me to miss the very ending. It came back just in time for the end of the preview, irritatingly.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Goddamn, Laurel you are dumber than hell.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She saved his life.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I wish the season finale was one giant 4 hour episode instead of this four 1 hour episode bullshit. I want more right now, damnit.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

King of Solomon posted:

That episode ending was really abrupt. It's like the scene didn't actually end.

Weird.
Yeah, that took me by surprise, too. But, I think it's a great build up for next week and the season finale two weeks from now.

muscles like this? posted:

I was kind of hoping the previews with Oliver saying he was the Arrow was him telling Thea.
I was thinking he was telling Walter since I assumed he was sitting in his house during that scene, not a restaurant. :downs:

Speaking of which, is this the first time more than one main (or main-ish since I'm sure Sebastian will be dead by the finale) character finds out Ollie's secret? I know Slade told Laurel a few episodes ago and she realized that the timing between Ollie's return and The Arrow starting to gently caress poo poo up wasn't just a strange coincidence, but she finally got it confirmed in this episode.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Oh man, that promo. :flashfap:

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
The swearing in/funeral montage was pretty great. As was Felicity's interrogation. "Greenpeace?" "Great cause!"

So much affable evil in this episode, with our villains smiling as they twist the knife. Including that tense as all hell chitchat between Ollie and Blood. (I am curious about Ollie's background with Masked Blood though - what interactions did they have early on this season for Ollie to have put that together?)

A lot of genuinely emotional scenes for Ollie with Thea and Laurel (even a great bit about Tommy), but I thought Katie Cassidy was a real weak link there. When she gave him the speech about not giving up, I'm not sure it was the material that was the problem. But he felt very real there and she didn't.

Terrific build up to the poo poo hitting the fan, all the little scenes with Thea at the train station and that dude being brought into the police station. (It reminded me of the tension in The Dark Knight a little bit - a rarely emulated part of that movie.)

NOOOO! Not funny IT cop! Why does every other named character in the police have to die?!

Summary: great episode and WHY ISN'T IT NEXT WEDNESDAY YET?!

VagueRant fucked around with this message at 06:54 on May 1, 2014

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Scyantific posted:

Oh man, that promo. :flashfap:

When Ollie was cornered by all of the Deathstroke goons (Deathstrokers?) I was expecting a blur to show up and throw them out of the way. Burying himself and Laurel alive is a totally acceptable :black101: alternative, though.

Guess they're saving Flash showing up until closer to the finale?

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Didn't they swear up and down that Barry would only wake up from the coma when the flash series starts?

That said, I totally have money on "Flash saves someone from certain death" for the finale.

I really liked the decision to strip the show back to basics for an episode. This really allowed us to check out the headspace with most of the original cast, and particularly the three founding members of Team Arrow. The show ends with FIVE characters in immediate danger (Blackthorne, Thea, Oliver and Laurel, and Diggle), and yet the show has a whole ream of promised characters still to twist the narrative. Roy, Sarah and The League, the star labs plot, and friggin Barrowman could all completely upend whatever plans we think the show has.

My money is on the show resolving most of the anticipated plots next week; we'll say goodbye to Isabel and Sebastian almost certainly. But I honestly have no earthly idea what the second half of the finale will look like.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Promo talk: I'm calling loving bullshit on Laurel using Oliver's bow. Oliver had to slap water for days before he could draw Yao Fei's bow and she's able to draw his compound bow with no prior training? What the actual gently caress?

Skunny Wundy
Jul 9, 2012

Oliver must be going through some weird reverse Shallow Hal thing when it comes to Felicity.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Some Numbers posted:

Promo talk: I'm calling loving bullshit on Laurel using Oliver's bow. Oliver had to slap water for days before he could draw Yao Fei's bow and she's able to draw his compound bow with no prior training? What the actual gently caress?

Maybe Laurel takes a small dose of mirakuru?

Setanta
Feb 6, 2010
Laurel isn't my favourite character - she could take a big dose of mirakuru for all I care.

Great episode that really set the tone and pace of the last two episodes. I'm looking forward to the next two.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Narcissus1916 posted:

Didn't they swear up and down that Barry would only wake up from the coma when the flash series starts?

That said, I totally have money on "Flash saves someone from certain death" for the finale.

I figure the most likely thing we'll get is a short scene of Barry waking up from his coma

Woden
May 6, 2006
People in this thread keep talking about time travel stuff with regards to Flash, so he could both wake up in the pilot and be here for the finale.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
If Barrowman comes back he needs to be the to tell blood he failed the city.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I really hope they keep Barry completely out of the last two episodes, as much as I liked his introduction and am looking forward to the Flash show. I think it would feel kinda cheap if he just woke up and in a matter of hours got a handle on being able to travel at a ludicrous speed, or whatever his specific power is going to be. I imagine they're going to want to do something more substantial with him actually becoming Flash, and not just have him be a magic teleporting wizard from Day 1.

I think they already have plenty of things to deal with (in terms of squeezing it all into two episodes) considering that Sara is obviously going to come back with the league of assassins and more importantly Katrina Law :allears:, Barrowman is obviously going to show up, Roy is obviously going to wake up, and Thea will probably somehow get dragged back in. Plus they still have the island flashbacks that they have to wrap up, which I imagine are going to take a considerable chunk of an episode since we're getting to the point where Ollie "kills" Slade (and thinks Sara dies, for that matter).

Man typing that out made me even more excited for the final two episodes.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Raged posted:

If Barrowman comes back he needs to be the to tell blood he failed the city.

Man, that would be soooo good.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

HEY BAD GUYS, THIS IS THE VICE PRESIDENT, PLEASE DON'T KILL HIM!

VDay posted:

I really hope they keep Barry completely out of the last two episodes, as much as I liked his introduction and am looking forward to the Flash show. I think it would feel kinda cheap if he just woke up and in a matter of hours got a handle on being able to travel at a ludicrous speed, or whatever his specific power is going to be. I imagine they're going to want to do something more substantial with him actually becoming Flash, and not just have him be a magic teleporting wizard from Day 1.

I think they already have plenty of things to deal with (in terms of squeezing it all into two episodes) considering that Sara is obviously going to come back with the league of assassins and more importantly Katrina Law :allears:, Barrowman is obviously going to show up, Roy is obviously going to wake up, and Thea will probably somehow get dragged back in. Plus they still have the island flashbacks that they have to wrap up, which I imagine are going to take a considerable chunk of an episode since we're getting to the point where Ollie "kills" Slade (and thinks Sara dies, for that matter).

Man typing that out made me even more excited for the final two episodes.

I'm pretty sure the star labs call is about the cure for mirakkuru being ready. My reaction when IT cop dies("this job is a dead end anyway"):

Only registered members can see post attachments!

LordNad fucked around with this message at 17:43 on May 1, 2014

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
So Laurel figured it out and Thea knows slade was on the island too, but nobody bothered to ask what happened or what the deal with Sara was?

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Summer Glau looks ridiculous in basically every scene.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Some Numbers posted:

It's explainable. It's a COMPOUND BOW. the drawing part is easier with the pulleys on a compound bow. Laurel hitting anything with the arrow?.....thats more blind/begginers luck.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Solid episode overall, but I thought it was stupid that Ollie thought giving himself up to Slade would just immediately end things, I can't believe Diggle even had to explain to him that's not how it was going to work. Slade has said multiple times that he won't allow Ollie to die until he's suffered enough, so all surrendering to him would accomplish is taking Arrow out of the game and making it easier for Slade to go after his loved ones. Every single character in the episode seemed to get that except Oliver.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

Summer Glau looks ridiculous in basically every scene.

Her helmet just doesn't suit her head shape. It makes her look like an ant. She has a narrow face like Laurel, they needed squarer, more tapered look for her helmet. Maybe something that covered her whole face.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

tuluk posted:

It's explainable. It's a COMPOUND BOW. the drawing part is easier with the pulleys on a compound bow. Laurel hitting anything with the arrow?.....thats more blind/begginers luck.

I was not aware of that. I guess I can withdraw my objection for now.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

The Lord Bude posted:

Her helmet just doesn't suit her head shape. It makes her look like an ant. She has a narrow face like Laurel, they needed squarer, more tapered look for her helmet. Maybe something that covered her whole face.

She probably shouldn't even have a costume, but even out of it she still looks like a pair of bug eyes glued to a straw.

I was just thinking this morning how much ground has been covered this season. Remember Diggle trying to Bing HIVE?

Jackson Taus
Oct 19, 2011

Mike Danger posted:

Guessing this means Walter is going to be the new CEO through some kind of crazy manipulation

I wouldn't really see it as a crazy manipulation. He controls 5% of the shares (through managing a fund, but still) and has a lot of prior knowledge and experience with the company. If my last two CEOs were a drunken fratboy and an axe-murdering psychopath (assuming Rochev gets caught/dies) that's exactly who I'd want to bring in as new CEO.

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

I was just thinking this morning how much ground has been covered this season. Remember Diggle trying to Bing HIVE?

I hope that .gif stays around forever.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Score was killer this week.

Loved how Diggle looked at homeboy when he got on the elevator with him. Diggle and Felicity owned all around this episode.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections

Jackson Taus posted:

I hope that .gif stays around forever.

can someone link this

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

zoux posted:

Score was killer this week.

Loved how Diggle looked at homeboy when he got on the elevator with him. Diggle and Felicity owned all around this episode.

New buddy cop spin off, Digg N' Smoak.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Deadpool forgive me for comic book poo poo, but I think this is how it's gonna go down next week:

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
^^^ I wonder if Mirakuru is Arrow's version of Roy's heroin addiction, or if that will be a season of itself.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ravane posted:

^^^ I wonder if Mirakuru is Arrow's version of Roy's heroin addiction, or if that will be a season of itself.

I think that was covered by Thea's drug problems in S1

The Libearian
Nov 24, 2007
Return your books or face mauling
I'm kinda sad that mice priest's entire character arc was chill with some mice, give some advice, get shot out of a torpedo bay.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Libearian posted:

I'm kinda sad that mice priest's entire character arc was chill with some mice, give some advice, get shot out of a torpedo bay.

Oh is that who that dude was? I just thought he was some random red shirt.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Laurel's little motivational speech was worse than Sara's darkness speech

I really hope they don't try to make her an active part of Team Arrow, she has nothing to offer a working superhero team, unless they need someone who can wear the hell out of a pantsuit.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's best that we all just come to terms with Laurel learning crime fighting ways. It might not happen, but we should prepare ourselves nonetheless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

The Lord Bude posted:

They tried really hard for the Rose Wilson Ravager look, but Wilson's face is drawn wider, so the half mask works better. She should have had a helmet similar to Slade, I think.

Rarity posted:

Season 3 will have an 8 episode finale. Season 4 will just be the season finale cut over 23 episodes.

boom boom boom posted:

Laurel's little motivational speech was worse than Sara's darkness speech

I really hope they don't try to make her an active part of Team Arrow, she has nothing to offer a working superhero team, unless they need someone who can wear the hell out of a pantsuit.

I'm chalking that up to the lines. Maybe, MAYBE Patrick Stewart could have saved those lines. Those were terrible lines.

• Locked thread