Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Manatee Cannon posted:

I am honestly not sure who is who in this.

I was intending the descriptions to be for P3 and P4 respectively, but it actually does work the other way round too, doesn't it? Neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Manatee Cannon posted:

I am honestly not sure who is who in this.

The one who peeped on girls in the hot springs and the one who got peeped on in the hot springs.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Strange Quark posted:

The one who peeped on girls in the hot springs

Ah yes, The Worst Minigame.

Strange Quark posted:

The one who got peeped on in the hot springs.

Ah yes, The Worst Anime Cutscene.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

Strategically saving Junpei's towel is the highlight of P3, shut the gently caress up. :colbert:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

It does have the one good male protag line in the entire game ("It's a cat, drat it!"). Still dumb, though.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
So Butt where's this street exactly?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

4chan. Don't have a link, just saw it floating around, so take it how you will.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

projecthalaxy posted:

I did everything that guide on GameFAQs told me to do and lost immediately, I think they wanted me to fail. :mad:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Butt Ghost posted:

4chan. Don't have a link, just saw it floating around, so take it how you will.

I found the link and it's 404ing. Also a search for ペルソナ3 vita on twitter isn't coming up with anything. The only source I have is someone (from the west) tweeting the 4chan link.

boards.4chan.org/v/thread/241793305‎ was the thread, if someone wants to search it.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 20:33 on May 1, 2014

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Well there's supposed to be a big announcement tomorrow so I guess that will either be it or it won't. I've been waiting since P4G released for P3 on that level, what's another day.

NIV3K
Jan 8, 2010

:rolleyes:
I'm hoping it will be more details on Persona 5 (or yet another game) and not just another anime announcement.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I guess I'll be the odd man out here and say that I really hope it isn't.

This would be the fourth 'upgraded' release of Persona 3 which would be ridiculous. I love Persona 3. I own Persona 3 quite literally 5 times over. Unless they add some really really goddamn significant new feature, like "bigger than the entire female route" significant, I can't imagine why I'd want it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Yeah it'd be great to see a new game or something about one of the games they've announced. The announcement being Persona 5 debuting on PS3 and Vita with crossbuy is never gonna happen but I can dream.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

NIV3K posted:

I'm hoping it will be more details on Persona 5 (or yet another game) and not just another anime announcement.

Part of the stream is a recap of the first P3 movie and a preview of the second one (which I gather is the reason the stream is going to be region locked), so I really don't think it'll be a new animated series.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's a "new project" being announced after they show a Persona 3 Movie trailer. Persona 3 Vita is a likely choice. RIP Devil Survivor 2.

E:fb

NIV3K
Jan 8, 2010

:rolleyes:

TurnipFritter posted:

Part of the stream is a recap of the first P3 movie and a preview of the second one (which I gather is the reason the stream is going to be region locked), so I really don't think it'll be a new animated series.

It could be an announcement of a third movie that covers the events of the Answer.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm hoping for either a non Persona related spinoff or Devil Survivor 3 personally.

e: We all know it'll be Yet Another Persona 4 Thing though. Persona 4 cooking sim to compete with that Senran Kagura cooking thing.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

NIV3K posted:

The project is supposed to be new, so it's probably not Persona 5. The recent heavy promotion makes P3 Vita pretty plausible, especially since the existence of P4A2, PQ, P4DAN, all on top of P5 makes it seems unlikely that -- if the announcement is in fact another game -- the project is something completely original. It could be something else entirely though, like another anime.

With that being said, I don't think they ever said the project announcement was the only thing they'd show, and it seems a little weird to hold an event for only a remake of P3 or an anime or something, so we might get some other goodies, like the potential Ken and Adachi announcements for P4A2. P5 is only seven months away from it's Japanese release too, so they're probably going to release some footage pretty soon.

Edit: Right, I forgot the stream is mostly covering the Persona 3 movies, so it's probably unlikely that we'll get even more.

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 20:51 on May 1, 2014

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

I just bought P3P the last time it was on sale and haven't started it yet, but I will buy Persona 3 Azure or whatever for Vita, at full price, if it happens. I am that guy that liked The Answer.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Butt Ghost posted:

The project is supposed to be new, so it's probably not Persona 5. The recent heavy promotion makes P3 Vita pretty plausible, especially since the existence of P4A2, PQ, P4DAN, all on top of P5 makes it seems unlikely that -- if the announcement is in fact another game -- the project is something completely original. It could be something else entirely though, like another anime.

With that being said, I don't think they ever said the project announcement was the only thing they'd show, and it seems a little weird to hold an event for only a remake of P3 or an anime or something, so we might get some other goodies, like the potential Ken and Adachi announcements for P4A2. P5 is only seven months away from it's Japanese release too, so they're probably going to release some footage pretty soon.

Edit: Right, I forgot the stream is mostly covering the Persona 3 movies, so it's probably unlikely that we'll get even more.

It could be Persona 3-2. :v: I don't even like Persona 3 all that much, but I would probably get that.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

It won't be a sequel, come on. The movie thing seems most likely.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
How about a wild card? Persona 4 Golden movie featuring the ski trip and last dungeon with everyone remembering the time they spent with Marie.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Manatee Cannon posted:

It won't be a sequel, come on. The movie thing seems most likely.

I was being facetious, man. Obviously, I'm putting my money on it being a Takarazuka Revue musical.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I wanna see a Persona x SMT, where it starts off like a Persona, but eventually things go horribly wrong and the apocalypse doesn't get averted. Stephen Hawking shows up in the Velvet Room and fistbumps Igor before uploading a Devil Summoning Program to Protagonist's smartphone, which he needs because the rest of the party died in the nuclear fire.

Cathedral of Shadows App contains a Social Link with Mido that you reveal through a series of text message dialog trees that he sends you when you hit story beats.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
P3 Vita remake with New joint storyline featuring both the male and female MCs and you have to manage both at once.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

It could be a game based on Mitsuru's organization that got brought up in Arena. Tie into P3 *and* P4.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Armor-Piercing posted:

I just bought P3P the last time it was on sale and haven't started it yet, but I will buy Persona 3 Azure or whatever for Vita, at full price, if it happens. I am that guy that liked The Answer.

Your avatar is Justice-bought, right? She still around under a different name or whatever?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Ohtsam posted:

P3 Vita remake with New joint storyline featuring both the male and female MCs and you have to manage both at once.

I'm pretty much expecting some sort of merging of the two character's stories if we do get another remake. Make them brother and sister, both with a part of death inside of them, change up a few scenes and you're good.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Strange Quark posted:

I was being facetious, man. Obviously, I'm putting my money on it being a Takarazuka Revue musical.

I got that, I just find the idea irrationally annoying. PQ is enough, let's not go back anymore. Move on, Atlus.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

At this point, the main reason I think the announcement will be a Vita P3 (besides, admittedly, wishing) is I'm just not sure what else there is. We have P5. We have Arena 2. We even already have curveballs for both portables in Dancing All Night and PQ. Unless it's a new anime, it kinda has to be this. If it was Devil Survivor 3, they'd have said a big SMT announcement not a big Persona announcement.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Persona 3 + 4 HD collection for PS4/xbone including all the stuff from the portables.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Fanart like this always makes me sad that there will never be a big SMT crossover game. :sigh: Closest we'll ever get seems to be SMT x FE but that seems basically dead in the water at this point.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I hope the reason we haven't heard much about that is that it's in a transition to 3DS, because seriously gently caress buying a Wii U. And this is coming from someone that bought a Vita.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

As someone who bought a Wii U, I would probably prefer it on the 3ds, honestly.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I think they just announced SMT x FE literally the moment pen was put to paper. I mean, even the annoucement trailer was just clipart rolling around in a void.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
The announcement will probably be something dumb that no one outside of Japan would care about, like a Persona cafe in Tokyo.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DarkHamsterlord posted:

The announcement will probably be something dumb that no one outside of Japan would care about, like a Persona cafe in Tokyo.
Reach out to the Brew.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Persona-flavor Pocky. Comes in Teddie, Koro-Chan, and Aegis flavors.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

DarkHamsterlord posted:

They already had one of those.

Endorph posted:

I think they just announced SMT x FE literally the moment pen was put to paper. I mean, even the annoucement trailer was just clipart rolling around in a void.

Pretty much. It was during a "No we promise the Wii U will totally have games!" nintendo direct, right?

Edit: What if it's a Persona 4 live action series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unmature
May 9, 2008
I hope they move it to 3DS. SMT has, like Dragon Quest, historically gone where the audience already is. Like P5 on PS3. But I can see why Nintendo would want it on WiiU, even after the success of Awakening on 3DS.