Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
poo poo, I started rolling chests on the Wheels of Fate and now I think I have a gambling problem :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

Is there any way to get gold right now other than the non-functioning tournaments?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Captain Capitalism posted:

Is there any way to get gold right now other than the non-functioning tournaments?

Nope. Some people for gold from the barely functioning tournaments last week.

exser
Aug 18, 2003

Vincent Valentine posted:

Or you can just ask it here. I had a weird question: Why do my guys not untap after being Gralked when I use mastery of time for more turns. Someone in irc(admittedly not this thread but close enough) explained that Gralks effect doesn't go away until the player that played Gralk has an upkeep phase.

A bug, sure, but it was a knowledgeable answer that explained the precise mechanics. Magic People™ are really really big into magic, and there quite a few of them here.

Do we have an irc channel setup for this?

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

exser posted:

Do we have an irc channel setup for this?

#hex on irc.synirc.net

edit: It's been kind of quiet lately we could use some more people!

cathead fucked around with this message at 16:46 on May 1, 2014

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

Go RV! posted:

Nope. Some people for gold from the barely functioning tournaments last week.

I'm glad they're not bringing them up just to have them running, but now I'm starting to get wary with their communication. I know that they're trying not to set a deadline, but now they're not giving us anything other than "not today."

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

I'm glad they're not bringing them up just to have them running, but now I'm starting to get wary with their communication. I know that they're trying not to set a deadline, but now they're not giving us anything other than "not today."

What answer could they provide you with other than" not today"?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
I admit I'm kinda wondering what could possibly be causing this long a delay considering how well they were working before things went "live." I hope they didn't extend tickets for three weeks because they think it'll take that long.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
They seem to be aggressively optimistic, that's great until you fail to meet deadlines/expectations. Unfortunately, this same kind of thing will probably happen when trading and the auction house gets implemented.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I admit I'm kinda wondering what could possibly be causing this long a delay considering how well they were working before things went "live." I hope they didn't extend tickets for three weeks because they think it'll take that long.

Early on they mentioned it being a "hardware configuration" issue. If the alpha was all on one server, I could see them having issues with transitioning to a distributed architecture. I also think I heard we'll be getting a writeup about the problem once they solve it, so I'm looking forward to that.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

cathead posted:

#hex on irc.synirc.net

edit: It's been kind of quiet lately we could use some more people!

I think it'll get more lively when the game is more playable. I know I'm waiting until I can start grinding queues

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Karnegal posted:

I think it'll get more lively when the game is more playable. I know I'm waiting until I can start grinding queues

Yeah, as soon as tournaments are up I have over a hundred boosters I plan on grinding through. I even went on a giant nerd-gasm and made a goddam spreadsheet of all my rares and uncommons so I know what I still need to draft and what I can let slide.

Until the tourneys come up again though not much point.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Yeah, as soon as tournaments are up I have over a hundred boosters I plan on grinding through. I even went on a giant nerd-gasm and made a goddam spreadsheet of all my rares and uncommons so I know what I still need to draft and what I can let slide.

Until the tourneys come up again though not much point.

Yeah, I'm going to try what I always wanted to do on MODO and track my draft archtypes and results. I'm curious to see how well I actually do over the bazillion drafts I do (I imagine will be worse than I think). I mainly draft because it feels like a waste to just bust the packs, but I am a way better constructed player/tweaker than I am a drafter, and I'm looking forward to getting enough cards to start playing constructed with, which I never really got to do on MODO since I couldn't afford paper and digital for Magic.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Karnegal posted:

Yeah, I'm going to try what I always wanted to do on MODO and track my draft archtypes and results. I'm curious to see how well I actually do over the bazillion drafts I do (I imagine will be worse than I think). I mainly draft because it feels like a waste to just bust the packs, but I am a way better constructed player/tweaker than I am a drafter, and I'm looking forward to getting enough cards to start playing constructed with, which I never really got to do on MODO since I couldn't afford paper and digital for Magic.

From my limited experience with drafting so far in Hex it seems I get a *lot* more rares and uncommons than I would if I just opened packs, but the overall quality of the rares is slightly lower (i.e., I get more rares, but they're mostly more Time Bugs and Immortalities).

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Karnegal posted:

im highly interested in this as well. i smell a joint google spread sheet in the works.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

Any chance you could share that spreadsheet? Sounds useful.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

From my limited experience with drafting so far in Hex it seems I get a *lot* more rares and uncommons than I would if I just opened packs, but the overall quality of the rares is slightly lower (i.e., I get more rares, but they're mostly more Time Bugs and Immortalities).

You mean that you're getting them passed to you, I assume? If so, it's sort of negligible value. I assume people aren't passing Eye of Creation and Angel of Dawns to you

Here's an editable one: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eZqUZpcKsooBl2-1cENiSNjeaqzuoeV-tavBvF-3igc/edit?usp=sharing

What else do you guys want? Perhaps something like "Most valuable card" in terms of contribution?

Karnegal fucked around with this message at 18:16 on May 1, 2014

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

Lone Goat posted:

What answer could they provide you with other than" not today"?

I'm personally curious as to what's happening. I'm assuming they're running the tournament process through the ringer to make sure it can withstand all the players, or separating them out to a different server.

As for the spreadsheet, I think an MVP column might be nice. It'll help track those cards that do good work and yet still may be underdrafted.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

It seemed like mainly a server capacity problem to me. They were fine in the morning, but as people started logging on and the servers slowed down the games started crashing.

Did anyone get anything good from spinning? I got some PvE cards, a Mercenary and a ~*Plant Garden*~. The mercenary and PvE cards are just sitting in my stash so I have no idea what they do.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

The Moon Monster posted:

It seemed like mainly a server capacity problem to me. They were fine in the morning, but as people started logging on and the servers slowed down the games started crashing.

Did anyone get anything good from spinning? I got some PvE cards, a Mercenary and a ~*Plant Garden*~. The mercenary and PvE cards are just sitting in my stash so I have no idea what they do.

I received a King Gabriel, PvE cards, sleeves, and an AA Veteran Gladiator.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

What kind of sleeves are they? I know there's some floating around that aren't kickstarter rewards, but I don't know what they look like.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Karnegal posted:

You mean that you're getting them passed to you, I assume? If so, it's sort of negligible value. I assume people aren't passing Eye of Creation and Angel of Dawns to you

Yeah, exactly. The best card I got passed to me (in the second draft I did) was a legendary, Zombie Plague, but that tournament crashed so the person to my right may have just crashed out. Unfortunately because the tournament crashed I didn't get to keep it.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Yeah, exactly. The best card I got passed to me (in the second draft I did) was a legendary, Zombie Plague, but that tournament crashed so the person to my right may have just crashed out. Unfortunately because the tournament crashed I didn't get to keep it.

I got a legendary as something like 10th pick. This beauty

I actually got so mana flooded my first game it would have been an amazing draw :v:

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

What kind of sleeves are they? I know there's some floating around that aren't kickstarter rewards, but I don't know what they look like.

I have a code from gencon, but they aren't available yet. I forget what they look like

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

I meant the ones that were won off rolling the chests. I knew about the GenCon ones.

In other news, looks like no tournaments today. They hope to have a meatier update tomorrow.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
Has anyone gotten their second free weekly tournament ticket yet?

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
Yes, mine just appeared. It expires a week from today, so it looks like time extension was a one-time thing.

Thoom fucked around with this message at 20:43 on May 1, 2014

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Has anyone gotten their second free weekly tournament ticket yet?

I don't have my 2 yet, but I forget exactly when I redeemed my codes.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Would love to play some games with people. My user is 0marepps.

Also, where do we see our "tickets" or free drafts for week/life stuff? Is that in the game somewhere?

Ass Catchcum fucked around with this message at 20:51 on May 1, 2014

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

rear end Catchcum posted:

Would love to play some games with people. My user is 0marepps.

Also, where do we see our "tickets" or free drafts for week/life stuff? Is that in the game somewhere?
Inventory tab in the card manager.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Thanks.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

The Moon Monster posted:

Best chest I rolled (just a common chest) gave me Lord Benji, 5000 gold... and an Angel of Dawn :angel:

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

Grim posted:

Best chest I rolled (just a common chest) gave me Lord Benji, 5000 gold... and an Angel of Dawn :angel:

Can you open chests now or what's going on?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

What a Judas posted:

Can you open chests now or what's going on?

You can roll chests if you have gold. You can't open them yet.

Those are all rewards from the slots.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
I'm saving until I have enough to roll on legendary chests, that seems like the best value to me.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

How does that work? Do you lose the chest, does it get potentially upgraded and these are just bonuses from rolling? I don't understand how it works.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

What a Judas posted:

How does that work? Do you lose the chest, does it get potentially upgraded and these are just bonuses from rolling? I don't understand how it works.

This blog post explains it in detail - http://coryhudsonjones.tumblr.com/post/78051410843/the-pack-opening-experience-or-how-much-fun-can-i

Also, does Kismet's art bug anyone else? I'm not categorically against revealing clothes, but I hate the trend towards women with no nipples so you can show EXTREME boob, at least let the anatomy make some sense.

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

not too simple and not too kind
Fallen Rib
The Hex art direction isn't universally awful, but there are some pretty bad ones out there -- Kismet's giant HELLO TITS is a big offender, but there's also Poca's boob-bodice and what appear to be gartered leather chaps. Since I see Poca a lot more often than Kismet, it bugs me more.

Frankly, the name 'concubunnies' isn't great either, or the whole 'breeding rights/sex/females are literally prizes' aspect of Shin'Hare lore. I get that there's a whole connection between rabbits and prolific breeding, but that can be conveyed without quite that level of objectification.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Karnegal posted:

This blog post explains it in detail - http://coryhudsonjones.tumblr.com/post/78051410843/the-pack-opening-experience-or-how-much-fun-can-i

Also, does Kismet's art bug anyone else? I'm not categorically against revealing clothes, but I hate the trend towards women with no nipples so you can show EXTREME boob, at least let the anatomy make some sense.

I've become numb to it, when I see that I just think "generic fantasy babe #646514b."

I'm surprised how much I like the art of the existing Coyotle cards.
e: Definitely not talking about that Coyotle mage art from way back.

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 23:44 on May 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Karnegal posted:

It's slightly irritating in the sense that it's there just for the sake of showing skin. Not enough to write a blog about or whatever.

e: it's certainly not nearly as questionable as that ridiculous coyotle mage art.

• Locked thread