Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

the legend of the super saiyan in the early part of the frieza arc spoiled the later part of the frieza arc for me. loving bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

arhra
Jun 27, 2006

Srice posted:

Hearing that Goku has a power level of "over 9000" isn't a spoiler, because you don't even know the context of it and it's just an ultimately meaningless stat that doesn't matter a whole lot. Why would hearing something like "This stand has a C rank in speed" be any different here?

The stats aren't an issue. Some of the stuff about their abilities or whatever could be, though, given that so far all the anime has showed Hermit Purple doing is psychic photos from smashing cameras (unless I missed something somewhere...), for example, and most of the other stands probably haven't revealed their full set of abilities yet either.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Although some of the non-spoilered stuff hasn't been seen yet as far I know, it's all pretty intuitive, and honestly I don't think it's gonna ruin it for someone if they find out that Grandpa Jojo's vines work like, well, vines. It's a show based around spirits beating up other spirits, and not one that relies on twists. Finding out about a power that a character got in a comic twenty years ago shouldn't ruin anybody's experience, and if people are that touchy about finding out about that kind of stuff, posting in a thread specifically for discussing the show is probably not the best idea anyway.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

arhra posted:

The stats aren't an issue. Some of the stuff about their abilities or whatever could be, though, given that so far all the anime has showed Hermit Purple doing is psychic photos from smashing cameras (unless I missed something somewhere...)

Joseph has been shown swinging around via Hermit Purple in the OP and I believe he also pulled that flesh bud that was in Kakyoin towards him with Hermit Purple to hit it with the Ripple.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Anything that has been shown in the OP is fair game to discuss including what you can gather of the stand powers. This OP has been opening the show for what has been almost a month now and it's the reason Zorak even let me remove the spoilers from Kakyoin and Eiffel's profiles. This is not counting promotional material that states half of this stuff even if you can't read it. Time does not stop and start at your convenience guys, people are gonna discuss what they see whether you realize it's there or not.

This being said, MonsterEnvy, I ask that you please watch out for the things you post about the stands, you actually did post a spoiler power you should probably remove, otherwise it's been fine for the most part.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Hmm I think I will wait till the next episode to post about Avdol then. Once that happens I can give the basics of the other main character stands. Fallowing that it's pretty much stand of the week.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Orgia Carnaval posted:

Anything that has been shown in the OP is fair game to discuss including what you can gather of the stand powers. This OP has been opening the show for what has been almost a month now and it's the reason Zorak even let me remove the spoilers from Kakyoin and Eiffel's profiles. This is not counting promotional material that states half of this stuff even if you can't read it. Time does not stop and start at your convenience guys, people are gonna discuss what they see whether you realize it's there or not.

This being said, MonsterEnvy, I ask that you please watch out for the things you post about the stands, you actually did post a spoiler power you should probably remove, otherwise it's been fine for the most part.

Do we know that they're going with Eifell for the anime's release? I don't remember them actually using his name in the subtitles yet.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Kabanaw posted:

Do we know that they're going with Eifell for the anime's release? I don't remember them actually using his name in the subtitles yet.

IIRC, they did do those changes with the official subs on the blu-rays for season 1, so unless we hear otherwise I think it's safe to assume that any upcoming names will be consistent with the ASB name changes.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Srice posted:

IIRC, they did do those changes with the official subs on the blu-rays for season 1, so unless we hear otherwise I think it's safe to assume that any upcoming names will be consistent with the ASB name changes.

The main difference here is that the subs in the game were made to match the subs on the blu-ray, which is where crunchyroll's subs came from as well. The reason the translations in both match is because they have a common source. We don't know if crunchyroll is just going to use the ASB translation or if they're going to be using a separate translation yet.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Polnareff appears in the ending credits. They have a disclaimer at the start of the episodes for this stuff, don't remember if they had it in season 1, but I'd say no.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kabanaw posted:

I don't know if we are for sure but until we know tomorrow I'm milking this cow for all it's worth.

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007

Star Platinum posted:

It's obviously going to be more than 26 episodes, the pacing has been so meticulous that we've barely covered one out of 16 manga volumes in four episodes. They wouldn't cover the beginning in such loving detail, even adding in extra scenes, if they were going to cut out more significant stuff later on.

MAL says only 24 episodes based on an expected 6 BR Volumes at 4 episodes each I believe? Is there going to be a second season then, or are we getting CHEATED with a season 2 episodes shorter than last? :ohdear:

Freakazoid_ posted:

Also you fuckers keep forgetting to label your manga spoilers.

This. I've seen the OVA, but apparently there was something major cut from that that would have been a surprise. Would have been. :( (Unless it's cut AGAIN because see above.)

Kurtofan posted:

Polnareff appears in the ending credits. They have a disclaimer at the start of the episodes for this stuff, don't remember if they had it in season 1, but I'd say no.
(spoilered just in case)
Unless they made a separate dub for foreign audiences how can you even do this. It doesn't matter how little Japanese you know, people are eventually going to notice when a name doesn't match up and say "Wait a minute, something's not right here!"

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I still think that it's bullshit that Joseph's vine stand has E potential. Joseph can always find a new way to use a rope/rope like object.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Welcome to Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, the show where everything's fabulous and the power levels don't matter.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Zogundar posted:

Unless they made a separate dub for foreign audiences how can you even do this. It doesn't matter how little Japanese you know, people are eventually going to notice when a name doesn't match up and say "Wait a minute, something's not right here!"

It covers their rear end quite well, at least.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Gyges posted:

I still think that it's bullshit that Joseph's vine stand has E potential. Joseph can always find a new way to use a rope/rope like object.

No you see he's already thought of all the ways.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Srice posted:

Hearing that Goku has a power level of "over 9000" isn't a spoiler, because you don't even know the context of it and it's just an ultimately meaningless stat that doesn't matter a whole lot. Why would hearing something like "This stand has a C rank in speed" be any different here?

Likewise, someone saying "Goku's power level is over 9000, and because of that he's able to defeat Vegeta" would be an actual spoiler. If the post was all "This stand has a C rank in speed and because of that so and so is defeated by this guy because he's too slow", then that would indeed be a spoiler. Hypothetically of course, I just made that example up on the spot so no worries about spoilers there!

A more relevant example would be watching that scene for the first time, then people post pics of goku beating up recoome/jeice/burter, followed by some confusion as to why goku stopped needing the power pole/where'd lunch go/dragonball was better, and finally someone let slip that power levels don't matter because in a later arc buu can change people into chocolate.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Gyges posted:

E is a good rank. This means he is pretty much mastered the stand. It's not going to get any better but it can still be used in ways he has yet to think of.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Srice posted:

Likewise, someone saying "Goku's power level is over 9000, and because of that he's able to defeat Vegeta" would be an actual spoiler.

But Goku lost to Vegeta, you moron.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
What would Goku's stand be?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Orgia Carnaval posted:

Monkey Magic.

It's funny because Journey to the West.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Orgia Carnaval posted:

Rock The Dragon

Duh, like it could ever be anything else.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Orgia Carnaval posted:

I saw a picture of this earlier today, actually.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Orgia Carnaval posted:

Pretty much.

Whining about Stand stats though is goofy as hell. None of it matters gently caress all.

e: also with regards to the random stickies, sometimes I just sticky shows I like :iiam:

Zorak fucked around with this message at 03:13 on May 2, 2014

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

I do not think anyone cares about spoilers in the Stand stats but about spoilers in the Stand abilities.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

YF-23 posted:

I do not think anyone cares about spoilers in the Stand stats but about spoilers in the Stand abilities.

Which I will try to avoid or at least put in spoiler tags.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
Polnareff still owns really really hard

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
RIP Eiffel, we hardly knew ye.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
A moment of silence for Eiffel, please.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

MonsterEnvy posted:

Which I will try to avoid or at least put in spoiler tags.

The problem is that they are spoilers with no context. Some people may be caught up with the anime and assume that they can read every spoiler in this thread. For all they know it may just be blurb about how DIO can apparently use Hermit Purple as well.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Broseph Brostar posted:

The problem is that they are spoilers with no context. Some people may be caught up with the anime and assume that they can read every spoiler in this thread. For all they know it may just be blurb about how DIO can apparently use Hermit Purple as well.

He spoiler tagged the stuff that hasn't explicitly been shown in the show thus far or the OP. I don't think it's complicated at all!

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

David. :allears:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

These poses will never not be fantastic. :allears:

Also, Polnareff really does do a 180 in terms of personality. "My sister was raped and now I must kill the man who shamed her. Oh, hey, pretty girls!"

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 18:07 on May 2, 2014

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Really good episode. The animation quality was really excellent.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Pomp posted:

Everything is wonderful and will continue to be until the series ends. :allears:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Pomp posted:

This pose was amazing.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Pomp posted:

This caught me completely off guard. This is bizarre even by Jojo standards.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Yeah I'm really impressed with the animation quality in the new season. It's worlds better than the first season and I hope they can keep it up.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
I was so happy they did Polnareff's pose as he did it in the manga. The fight looked goddamn good, too.

Dio's bird-buddy. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
Polnareff and Dio's bird. :allears:

Everything about this show is :kimchi:

• Locked thread