Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I hope it's for 3DS so that I can play it and receive prizes for having Awakening and Overclocked saves on my memory card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
At this point I think it's almost a presumption to assume it's in development at all.

I wonder whether the 3DS Persona on that infamous Nintendo list was Q or something entirely different, since it was years ago.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rinkles posted:

At this point I think it's almost a presumption to assume it's in development at all.

It was still listed on Nintendo's latest listing of upcoming games so it's still in theory in development.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

It was still listed on Nintendo's latest listing of upcoming games so it's still in theory in development.

Was there an associated platform?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Rinkles posted:

Wii U?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

That's what was announced, I'm asking whether that was confirmed in its latest "showing".

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rinkles posted:

I think it was still listed as Wii U but I'd have to double check.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Rinkles posted:

I wonder whether the 3DS Persona on that infamous Nintendo list was Q or something entirely different, since it was years ago.

It was a tentative title, so it probably wasn't anything at all. The same thing happened with a PS3 Shin Megami Tensei being a tentative title close to when the PS3 was announced, and that never happened.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Boneless Jogger posted:

It was a tentative title, so it probably wasn't anything at all. The same thing happened with a PS3 Shin Megami Tensei being a tentative title close to when the PS3 was announced, and that never happened.

If this list was a few years ago it's highly likely that it was PQ. Games take a long time to make.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

projecthalaxy posted:

I hope it's for 3DS so that I can play it and receive prizes for having Awakening and Overclocked saves on my memory card.

They already did sort of do this, except it was with SMT IV and the prize was $30.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Still kinda bummed I wasted some of that sweet credit on Attack of the Friday Monsters.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

TurnipFritter posted:

Still kinda bummed I wasted some of that sweet credit on Attack of the Friday Monsters.

Bummed because it was so wonderful and delightful?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I found Friday Monsters kinda boring. I can get into the 'chill daily life' thing, but the characters have to be likable and be fun to have interact off each other, and it just didn't hook me in that regard.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Unmature posted:

Bummed because it was so wonderful and delightful?

Bummed because it wasn't very good. It lacked the personality that games like it desperately need, there's a lot of running back and forth across multiple empty screens, and the card game ended up being a huge let down. After loving the hell outta Crimson Shroud, I had some high hopes for it.

(I've enjoyed Weapon Shope de Omasse quite a bit though)

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/persona4-arena/cid=UP0005-NPUB30923_00-PERSONA4ARENA000

Totally random and in no way indicating a PS Vita version of arena announcement half off sale on Persona 4 Arena. $14.99

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Dehry posted:

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/persona4-arena/cid=UP0005-NPUB30923_00-PERSONA4ARENA000

Totally random and in no way indicating a PS Vita version of arena announcement half off sale on Persona 4 Arena. $14.99

Sorry but I'm not certain what you're getting, if anything.

e:I am quite dull in the head. Was that a joke?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It isn't Random. They put it on sale because P4 Golden is on sale for Golden Week so the P4 spinoff is too.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I bet Atlus Japan doesn't tell anyone at the US branch about upcoming announcements anyway.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I'm thankful that the stream is going to be at a sane time (7:30 AM PDT, 9:30 AM CDT). There's no way I would have repeated my foolish mistake from the Persona Q/4A2/DaN/5 stream.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Color Printer posted:

I'm thankful that the stream is going to be at a sane time (7:30 AM PDT, 9:30 AM CDT). There's no way I would have repeated my foolish mistake from the Persona Q/4A2/DaN/5 stream.

That stream was magical and staying up until 7 in the morning for it was 100% worth it. :colbert:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I remember I was sitting in a McDonalds parking lot cursing the fact my cell phone wouldn't play NicoNico video and just watching as the thread started describing what was happening.

E: Not that I was working there, I was driving home after crashing at a friend's place.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 02:58 on May 2, 2014

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

The reactions DaN was getting after people were up till 7 were beautiful. They played it off like it was the last announcement too.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://www.twitch.tv/rablazone

This user will be streaming it. 10:30AM Eastern, 7:30am Pacific. 3:30 BBC One time.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Gotta say, I'm not particularly pumped about P3 Vita at all. I've beaten that game three, four times now, and I just don't think I can squeeze anything new out of it, even if they make a shiny Vita port.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Gotta say, I'm not particularly pumped about P3 Vita at all. I've beaten that game three, four times now, and I just don't think I can squeeze anything new out of it, even if they make a shiny Vita port.

Agreed. I'm not going to enjoy a hypothetical P3 Vita version.

I've bought the game three times already. I am not making that mistake again.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I just don't care enough about P3's cast or story to want them to rerelease it again. The things they would have to add just to bring it up to par with the PS2 versions in visuals would be nice, but yeah.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

To offer a counter opinion, while I'm pretty done with rehashing P3 and P4, every single version of P3 has some large flaw compared to other versions and so if they include the FeMC and such, I'd be okay with having an actual definitive version.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I really prefer the way they handled moving around in P3P to walking around and I'm not sure a lack of The Answer qualifies as a flaw. If it's not an in-house thing that's fine but if they're putting time they could be spending making something new into porting the same game for a forth time on a platform that can already play it that's seriously lame.

Though I'd buy it anyway because I'm a big dumb hypocrite.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Yeah, I'm finding it really hard to get excited for a Vita P3.

I would snap up a 3DS P3 in an instant though.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

I really prefer the way they handled moving around in P3P to walking around and I'm not sure a lack of The Answer qualifies as a flaw. If it's not an in-house thing that's fine but if they're putting time they could be spending making something new into porting the same game for a forth time on a platform that can already play it that's seriously lame.

Though I'd buy it anyway because I'm a big dumb hypocrite.

Haha, no, the answer is bad, I should have been more clear. By flaw I meant no FeMC and no party control.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cake Attack posted:

Haha, no, the answer is bad, I should have been more clear. By flaw I meant no FeMC and no party control.

No fast travel either.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
We don't actually have any sort of confirmation though. Either someone on 4chan was able to get a famitsu scan before 2ch and 2chan and no one is talking about it, or they were faking it.

E: http://4chanarchive.net/threads/v/liesontheinternet/241793305

There's the "source" of the rumor.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 04:04 on May 2, 2014

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Rinkles posted:

Your avatar is Justice-bought, right? She still around under a different name or whatever?
Yes it is, and I'm not sure. I think she was banned at one point, not sure why, or if she came back.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
I'd have mixed opinions about P3 Vita. I've never finished P3, so I'd definitely play it. But I'm not in love with the game so I wouldn't be super excited. It's a GREAT game, but P4 owns my heart and P3 is mostly P4, but not as good. It would be good to have a definitive version of 3 though to stop all the "Which one should I play" talk that starts on every other page in this thread.

Either way it'd be really hard to complain about considering it's the fifth officially announced Persona game in development.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Scrap Dragon posted:

Yeah, I'm finding it really hard to get excited for a Vita P3.

I would snap up a 3DS P3 in an instant though.

Because? I mean unless you only own a 3DS, but then the first statement's kinda redundant.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Dehry posted:

We don't actually have any sort of confirmation though. Either someone on 4chan was able to get a famitsu scan before 2ch and 2chan and no one is talking about it, or they were faking it.

E: http://4chanarchive.net/threads/v/liesontheinternet/241793305

There's the "source" of the rumor.

Yeah that's bull.

Realistically I don't think a P3 port is likely, because it's too early (especially on a Sony portable). A full on sequal (P3-2 or 4-2) is even less probable because it'd interfere with P5, plus who'd be wokring on it?

Some new Persona related game would be cool, but 9 times out of 10 these things are disappointments.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah, there's no issue of Famitsu being published this week because it's Golden Week.

Honestly I hope it isn't a game at all. They're already releasing 4 Persona games this year.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

I'll go against the consensus and say that I'd be super excited about a definitive P3P Platinum with HD 3D overworld and better fusion mechanics. I'd pre-order it. Also more excellent music tracks.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

TurnipFritter posted:

Honestly I hope it isn't a game at all. They're already releasing 4 Persona games this year.

You're not actually getting all of them, are you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Rinkles posted:

You're not actually getting all of them, are you?

I will be. I'm actually excited for each one. For different reasons of course and not just because of the license.

I kinda hope it's a new anime. P4 the Animation is okay, but it's the game to a T. Same with the P3 movies. At least I assume so, having not seen the movie.

It would be cool to get an OVA in the universe with a whole new story and characters. Maybe it could set up 5 in a cool way.