Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
That deer had a child and it's here for revenge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
That promo picture looks like a straight up Tarot card.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
Wait, doesn't The Tower in tarot mean bad poo poo's about to come?

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Sure does.

Wikipedia posted:

The Tower is commonly interpreted as meaning danger, crisis, destruction, and liberation. Some frequent keywords used by card readers are:

Chaos — Sudden change — Impact — Hard times
Crisis — Revelation — Disruption — Realizing the truth
Disillusion — Crash — Burst — Uncomfortable experience
Downfall — Ruin — Ego blow — Explosive transformation

e: Actually sounds more like the season premiere, tbh

Schnedwob fucked around with this message at 03:12 on May 2, 2014

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

End of a journey, if JoJos bizarre adventure is to be believed.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Realizing the truth seems like it might fit.

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I've seen it in a deck as the lightning-struck tower as well. Definitely intentional!

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.google.com/search?q=tar...ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ

It seems like almost every Tower in tarot decks is being struck by lightning or some celestial fire.

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012
Yes, which is why it's sometimes called the Lightning-Struck Tower, or the Tower of Babel.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

Here you go:

I was liking the ridiculous Keystone Cops scenes too.

This is awesome! Thanks

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, the Tower is the straight-up "bad" card of the tarot; Death just means change and whatnot and is pretty neutral or even positive in some situations (despite how it gets used in a lot of media), and even the Devil isn't entirely bad (though after the Tower it's probably the worst), but the Tower is almost entirely negative.

Jmoyns
Oct 10, 2012

There's a sad man dancing in my living room.
I believe the Tower card is open to a wide range of positive and negative interpretation. It really depends on the person you're reading for and how their psychological state interacts with the symbols. It also depends on what deck you use, and the limitations of the creator. The general imagery is powerful stuff, but I think it's a mistake to relate it exclusively to the story of Babel. This is just my casual opinion based on some years of Tarot study, but you peaked my desire to comment.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Oh god...

Another Deer

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Oh god...

Another Deer

Seriously deers can get hosed.

Leg braking bastards.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Jmoyns posted:

I believe the Tower card is open to a wide range of positive and negative interpretation. It really depends on the person you're reading for and how their psychological state interacts with the symbols. It also depends on what deck you use, and the limitations of the creator. The general imagery is powerful stuff, but I think it's a mistake to relate it exclusively to the story of Babel. This is just my casual opinion based on some years of Tarot study, but you peaked my desire to comment.

Can you tell me about your new show on cartoon hangover?

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Why does Stephen Root constantly voice assholes? Martin is pretty much a super flaky Buck Strickland.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spiffster posted:

Why does Stephen Root constantly voice assholes? Martin is pretty much a super flaky Buck Strickland.

Hey old top sorry bout' cha arm.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Spiffster posted:

The Old Tart Toter seemed like an okay guy.

Flobbster
Feb 17, 2005

"Cadet Kirk, after the way you cheated on the Kobayashi Maru test I oughta punch you in tha face!"

Spiffster posted:

They should have cast him as the voice of James because he's basically a candy Bill Dauterive.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I randomly rewatched Son of Mars and god drat is that a good episode. The Magic Man and the tiny Manacore's little soliloquies were bits of amazing writing.

Basically Magic Man makes everything better, and I am totally looking forward to him in that insane anime episode.

Jmoyns
Oct 10, 2012

There's a sad man dancing in my living room.

Ferroque posted:

Can you tell me about your new show on cartoon hangover?

It comes out July 31st. Right now I'm busy approving colors and efx. My brother and I are gonna start scoring it with our friend Alex this weekend.

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

Jmoyns posted:

This is true. I think the basic meaning is something like traumatic change but that can sometimes just mean 'abrupt, shocking/rude awakening'. Although calamitous events are a valid interpretation I think too.

Moacher
Oct 10, 2007

In a few moments my neighbor is going to exit this building's ground floor, out onto the sidewalk. According to my math, from this height, I can kill him by pissing on him.
So is it just me, or does Martin's patting someone seem to have some sort of power of manipulation? Every time he gives someone the ol' pat, they do what he asks them to:
-Getting Finn to put the nooch on his busted up leg
-Getting the voidcaster ancient to open up a portal out
-Getting the centipede ancient to chew faster
-Getting the voidcaster to speed things up.

And, when he was frozen in the crystal, Martin had his hand up, almost as if he were imprisoned by the Citadel Guardians mid-pat.
Just a thought.

Also, I like the Ancients super-basic, undetailed, single-colored, basic-shaped design. It makes them seem more like a more raw and primordial sort of evil being from an older time.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Moacher posted:

So is it just me, or does Martin's patting someone seem to have some sort of power of manipulation? .

I dunno about you, but I'll agree to anything when someone's scratching my back. Worst accidental army conscription year ever.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

Here you go:

I was liking the ridiculous Keystone Cops scenes too.

I was waiting for Yakety Sax to start playing.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

BooDoug187 posted:

I was waiting for Yakety Sax to start playing.

Y'know, I can't recall a single instance of Adventure Time using any kind of licensed or non-original music.

edit: except the Cheers theme.

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

Jake plays parts of some well known classical pieces in The Eyes.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
Das Kufstein Lied plays in Another Way. Adventure Time isn't reluctant to play non-original music, but it loathes obvious choices.

snucks fucked around with this message at 09:31 on May 3, 2014

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Holly Jolly Secrets Part II starts with Jake singing Alouette.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

Just caught the James II episode. Is that Andy Merrill doing the voice? He sounds just like Brak.

I'm also glad it was a more lighthearted episode. After the whole Finn losing his arm due to his scumbag dad it was nice to get a few laughs in.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
So yesterday Something Positive and I went to my sister's baby shower. We have been waiting for this day for way too long...

Edit: Man I suck at grammar and spelling... :eng99:

Spiffster fucked around with this message at 21:00 on May 4, 2014

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Macrame_God posted:

Just caught the James II episode. Is that Andy Merrill doing the voice? He sounds just like Brak.

Yep. Too bad they couldn't work in the voices of Space Ghost, Zorak, and/or Moltar.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

As seen at the Amy's Ice cream on Sixth Street in Austin.

Magnus Condomus fucked around with this message at 21:24 on May 4, 2014

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.
The buddy I made the Prismo helmet cover/balaclava just posted up this awesome picture. Last ski day of the season.

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!

Spiffster posted:

So yesterday Something Positive and I went to my sister's baby shower. We have been waiting for this day for way too long...

Edit: Man I suck at grammar and spelling... :eng99:

Hey, why does your shirt have that pocket?

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Mace Bacon posted:

Hey, why does your shirt have that pocket?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Steve Yun posted:

Seriously, what is that epic music in the background?

It reminded my of something from Two Steps from Hell. Most of their stuff is on Spotify for free. But you can also find it all over Youtube. They do a lot of "epic movie trailer" style music and have been featured in various TV shows/movies/commercials. If it isn't theirs then it is probably from one of the other commercial music groups that make the same music. Immediate Music is the other big one that comes to mind.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
PB kind of half-assed that arm.

e: so, ghost arm

e2: Ah, so this is the Minecraft episode.

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 23:10 on May 5, 2014

Barudak
May 7, 2007

This is an exceedingly weird episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

That was a great ending.

I wonder how long we're going to have a one armed Finn for.

• Locked thread