Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

WhiteWolf123 posted:

My preview article is up on MTGS for the new set:

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/...o-nyx-cards-for

Let me know what you think!

I didn't know you were that dude in the forums! I'm FiveFingers there. I got banned for a week for discussing proxies lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kasonic
Mar 6, 2007

Tenth Street Reds, representing

Null1fy posted:

I got banned for a week for discussing proxies lol

Wait, what?

MTG Salvation posted:

Discussion on the creation of physical proxies is forbidden.

are you kidding me?

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Kasonic posted:

Wait, what?

are you kidding me?

Yeah, it was news to me. There's an entire thread on the MTG Salvation forums which showcases all of the methods to make proxies which hasn't been removed... Kind of ridiculous. I've been issued a warning on the forums before for something stupid in the past. The moderation is overly strict.

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

whydirt posted:

I'm surprised you rank Disciple of Deceit so highly given how much time and work it takes to trigger inspiration and how conditional the transmuting tutor effect is. At least for peasant, I don't even think it's the best Dimir card from the block (Shipwreck Singer is pretty boss, but given that peasant is more combat-centric it's not an apples-to-apples comparison).

Dude, that card is no good for C/Ubes. It specifically designed for tutoring up combo components in a Tinker combo deck or a reanimator build, and nothing more. When all you need to find is 1 Tinker or 1 artifact for your Tinker and it wins you the game, that's all you need to do. Don't simply use it at face value in a random Dimir deck. :)

Null1fy posted:

I didn't know you were that dude in the forums! I'm FiveFingers there. I got banned for a week for discussing proxies lol

Ya, that's me, lol.

You can talk about using proxies, and even post mockups of the art/template pre-production. You just can't talk about the logistics of creating the physical copies. A few years back, MTGS's legal counsel advised them to remove a thread we had that discussed how to make them, for fear of legal action from WotC (which has brought the hammer down in the past against other sites for similar discussion). Don't take it personally. I've been suspended multiple times over my tenure there for violating one policy or another (once for advertising and once for excessive flaming) and just go right back to posting when your suspension is up. Just don't talk about costs, materials, printers or any other logistical considerations for creating counterfeit Magic cards.

Also this:

WotC posted:

Wizards just spoiled this monster, and he's going to be a cube god.

WhiteWolf123 fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Apr 22, 2014

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

WhiteWolf123 posted:

Dude, that card is no good for C/Ubes. It specifically designed for tutoring up combo components in a Tinker combo deck or a reanimator build, and nothing more. When all you need to find is 1 Tinker or 1 artifact for your Tinker and it wins you the game, that's all you need to do. Don't simply use it at face value in a random Dimir deck. :)

I realize peasant cubes play very differently, but I still think the tutor ability on Disciple requires too many hoops for such a narrow effect. It seems worse than Lim-Dul's Vault, for example.

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

whydirt posted:

I realize peasant cubes play very differently, but I still think the tutor ability on Disciple requires too many hoops for such a narrow effect. It seems worse than Lim-Dul's Vault, for example.

The Vault is good, to be sure. But the creature can also stave off aggro beaters for a turn before you attack with it to set up your tutoring. And it can be used to chuck a creature into your 'yard that you want to reanimate, which is a big part of what it does. And it can also simply be a body that can carry a Sword or Jitte when the need arises (and it can tutor one up for you if you wish). I guess it just matters whether or not you're interested in the added versatility or not.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
Current changes I'm considering for my peasant cube (http://kp0.ca/13) are:
-Banishing Light (possibly replacing arrest)
Non-land permanent removal > creature removal
-Nyx-fleece ram (possibly replacing aven squire)
I think I'm removing the Exalted sub-theme as it wasn't easy to support and no one enjoyed it
-Sigiled Starfish (possibly replacing cloudfin raptor)
Cloudfin raptor consistently underperforms and Starfish rocks!
-Hour of Need (replacing talrand's invocation)
Make 2 2/2 flyers for 4 or at least 1 4/4 flyer for 3!
-Gnarled Scarhide (replacing duty-bound dead)
Duty bound dead was supporting exalted subtheme and Gnarled Scarhide is great
-Brain Maggot (replacing Duskmantle Prowler)
Removing more of the exalted subtheme and adding Brain Maggot (note I may go back and add Mesmeric Fiend as well)
-Fleet Feather Cockatrice (replacing nimbus swimmer)
Strictly better than Nimbus Swimmer
-Chariot of Victory (replacing whispersilk cloak)
Shroud/unblockable is rather uninteractive and Chariot is just as good for being aggressive

What do you guys think?

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I'm not sure Talrand's Invocation is the best analogue for Time of Need, since Invocation is a threat in its own right whereas Time of Need can only upgrade your existing guys. I do think Time of Need is good, and Talrand's Invocation might be the right cut for it, but they are pretty different.

Kasonic
Mar 6, 2007

So I've drawn up a Pauper Cube and it's taught me two things so far:

-Red is mindblowingly boring in its common effects.

-Black is crazy overpowered.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Kasonic posted:

So I've drawn up a Pauper Cube and it's taught me two things so far:

-Red is mindblowingly boring in its common effects.

-Black is crazy overpowered.

yeah, vast majority of my red is fightin guys, pingers (which is just another kind of fightin guy), burn (which is me being a fightin guy) and maybe the occasional artifact destruction.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

What are some powerful 'fun' cards that don't threaten balance too much in a powered cube? The ones that, when you look at it in a draft pack and say, 'oh boy, this would be fun!'. Currently I have, to name a few, The Abyss, Sphinx of the Steel Wind, Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker and Eureka. Eureka might make it to my watch list as I've seen players whom have drafted it encounter awkward positions where they aren't comfortable casting it for various reasons.

What I'm looking for are cards powerful enough to merit people building a deck around them, yet still versatile enough to make most deck lists. Ideally the cards are not disproportionately powerful to threaten balance (un-cards, chaos orb, channel, etc) and conversely, the card isn't so completely dependent on one deck archetype that players have little incentive to draft them outside of those archetypes (eldrazi, the colossi, artifact deck, etc).

You can view my cube here:
http://cubetutor.com/viewcube/9782

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Drownyard fits most of those criteria, I'm not sure how "fun" I'd call it (although I'd say the same thing about The Abyss)

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Null1fy posted:

What are some powerful 'fun' cards that don't threaten balance too much in a powered cube? The ones that, when you look at it in a draft pack and say, 'oh boy, this would be fun!'. Currently I have, to name a few, The Abyss, Sphinx of the Steel Wind, Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker and Eureka. Eureka might make it to my watch list as I've seen players whom have drafted it encounter awkward positions where they aren't comfortable casting it for various reasons.

What I'm looking for are cards powerful enough to merit people building a deck around them, yet still versatile enough to make most deck lists. Ideally the cards are not disproportionately powerful to threaten balance (un-cards, chaos orb, channel, etc) and conversely, the card isn't so completely dependent on one deck archetype that players have little incentive to draft them outside of those archetypes (eldrazi, the colossi, artifact deck, etc).

You can view my cube here:
http://cubetutor.com/viewcube/9782

Eureka is a somewhat balanced card for cheating big fun things out because it can just as easily backfire since theoretically your opponent can empty their entire hand. It's less spike-y than Show and Tell, which I always pair with Angel of Despair (3 mana, get the angel and opponent essentially discards a card since you just blow up whatever they play with angel's trigger).

Isochron Scepter is an interesting artifact that can be really powerful but requires some thought to make it work properly.

The Sphinx and Nicol Bolas made my cube (list: http://cubetutor.com/viewcube/4787), my other shard cards are Retaliator Griffin and Broodmate Dragon. Sadly I haven't found a decent Bant card to have one from each shard.

Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas, is one that a lot of lists don't include but I think he's really interesting if you can draft around him with artifacts.

Sheoldred, Whispering One, is a big early pick that pushes someone toward reanimator. I will P1P1 her every time if there isn't power in the pack. I also really really love Recurring Nightmare in combination with cards like Bone Shredder and Precursor Golem which set up a nice loop together.

In blue something like Opposition is really fun without being too oppressive. I've drafted blue stall decks that win through either a giant Blue Sun's Zenith to make my opponent deck himself or loop it multiple times.

Martial Coup is a personal favorite in white, as is Angelic Destiny.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

I absolutely play Opposition. It is one of my favorite cards in cube.

I have gone back and fourth in my mind on whether or not to add Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas. At 600 I see absolutely no issue with the inclusion. At 450, lists run a bit tight and he runs against stiff competition - namely Duskmantle Seer. I think I would still run Duskmantle Seer over him, who I took out to add Sphinx. And then after the consideration for Seer, Far // Away would beat out the slot for Tezz.

Each guild gets around 4 cards for my cube so it's pretty competitive. This is more of an issue where you're playing with 150 more cards than I am, so my list is more stringent.

In regard to Sheoldred I wouldn't take out Tombstalker, Massacre Wurm or Griselbrand (who are my high CC cards at the moment) to fit her in. Griselbrand is my black high CC 'fun' card. Though, thinking on it more Sheoldred is more competitively costed than Griselbrand is which may make her more playable. I'll pick up a copy of her and test that out.

I'm thinking that I can have 1-2 slots in each section (WUBRG, Guilds, Artifacts) for a rotating 'fun' card to include or just replace with a more competitive card when they under-perform.

Currently I've been toying around with the idea of including Memory Jar in artifacts as a 'fun' card. My colorless section is going to have to take a hit soon, though, with Mana Confluence. I have the intention of removing Precursor Golem for Confluence, which before Confluence was spoiled, Memory Jar was going to be the replacement for.

I'll have to see where I have some slots to toy around with after JOU. Goblin Bombardment is getting replaced with Prophetic Flamespeaker, Gnarled Scarhide replaces Pain Seer, Banishing Light is most-likely replacing Eternal Dragon. Additionally I still have two additional cards I want to test - Master of Feasts and Dictate of Heliod - whom I haven't decided which cards they're replacing.

Null1fy fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Apr 25, 2014

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

It's really hard to find cards that are fun, unique and interesting that can simply be thrown into any deck. Typically speaking those kinds of effects need to be built-around, which keeps them from being playable everywhere.

Sneak Attack is a really fun card to try and abuse.

Wildfire/Burning of Xinye are cards I'll build around if I see them early.

Tinker and Recurring Nightmare are of course staples.

Balance is an insane card that I love to take early and find ways to break.

logis
Dec 30, 2004
Slippery Tilde
Definite: Gnarled Scarhide
Probably: Banishing Light
Maybe: Prophetic Flamespeaker, Master of Feasts

Though the card that I'm most interested in testing is Setessan Tactics (which would replace XX in my Cube). Is it the green pseudo-wrath (i.e. 1GGG)? (LSV rates it a 4.5 in his JOU limited (not Cube) review). Obviously it's not a standalone card (you need creatures to fight their creatures), but the +1/+1 and the fact that your creatures are typically bigger anyway (3/3s vs 2/2s and 2/1s) helps. The dream: untapping with Set Tactics after casting Deranged Hermit (or Meloku or ...).

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Hey WhiteWolf how do you play when there are 5 or less players? I tried doing a sealed of my cube last night using all 450 and it came out kind of... Eh. People built decks and some were just bonkers good (3 swords, fast mana, etc) but my pool, for instance, just kind of did not get there. I'd like to have a little more control over how players select cards rather than purely chance the next time not enough players show up to do a regular draft.

revengeanceful
Sep 27, 2006

Glory, glory Man United!

Null1fy posted:

Hey WhiteWolf how do you play when there are 5 or less players? I tried doing a sealed of my cube last night using all 450 and it came out kind of... Eh. People built decks and some were just bonkers good (3 swords, fast mana, etc) but my pool, for instance, just kind of did not get there. I'd like to have a little more control over how players select cards rather than purely chance the next time not enough players show up to do a regular draft.
Not Whitewolf, but I've heard people have had good success with a format called "Tenchester" for four or fewer people. Make 36 ten-card packs. Lay out a pack face up. Each player in turn gets one pick from this pack. Discard the six+ remaining unpicked cards. Repeat for the remaining packs with pick order rotating such that the person who picked first previously now picks last. This method forces a lot of internal struggle about what your deck needs at a given moment. The decks should end up fairly well balanced and focused.

Five people is a really awkward number to draft with. Best option I've seen is five packs of nine cards each, otherwise draft as normal, but even that is pretty mediocre.

revengeanceful fucked around with this message at 15:21 on May 2, 2014

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Null1fy posted:

I'm also not WhiteWolf, but my group standardly drafts with four people. What we do is change the 3 packs of 15 cards to 5 packs of 9. This on its own is a significant improvement. But, since we are pretty casual and there are a ton of unused cards that way, we will frequently increase that to 5 packs of 10-11 cards, which results in everyone having better decks and is usually more fun (and fun, after all, is the goal). For two people I have found that grid drafting is the best method of divvying up the cards. We will generally get pretty decent decks when grid drafting and the games are pretty fun.

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

Null1fy posted:

With 2 players, we usually Winston draft (and we often toss in a "bonus pack" to help the deck strengths a bit, using a 105 card pool at that point). With 3 players, we'll play Sealed Deck. When we have 4, we usually draft, using either 5 packs of 9 or 4 packs of 11. We typically don't do a regular 3x15 draft unless we have 6-8 people.

There's a lot of variance to Sealed Deck, but it's also very skill-testing, particularly with the deckbuilding portion.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

So with Conspiracy coming out next week, is anyone thinking about trying out some conspiracies in their cube? I know I'm certainly going to give Worldknit (all your lands tap for every colour if you play every card you draft), and probably Advantageous Proclamation (maximum deck size is -5 cards). I could also see an argument for Back Up Plan (draw 2 hands before mulligans) and Unexpected Potential (secretly name a card, you can spend mana of any colour to cast that card). For the normal cards, I might try the 1WW exile a creatue and Grenzo, the XBR Goblin with 2: put the bottom card of your library into your graveyard and if it's a creature with power less than Grenzo's then you can put it into play.

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

I won't be playing the actual conspiracies, but I think the draft manipulation cards are pretty sweet. Plus, there's a handful of other cards in Conspiracy that just happen to be awesome cube cards.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Aston posted:

So with Conspiracy coming out next week, is anyone thinking about trying out some conspiracies in their cube? I know I'm certainly going to give Worldknit (all your lands tap for every colour if you play every card you draft), and probably Advantageous Proclamation (maximum deck size is -5 cards). I could also see an argument for Back Up Plan (draw 2 hands before mulligans) and Unexpected Potential (secretly name a card, you can spend mana of any colour to cast that card). For the normal cards, I might try the 1WW exile a creatue and Grenzo, the XBR Goblin with 2: put the bottom card of your library into your graveyard and if it's a creature with power less than Grenzo's then you can put it into play.

I've considered it, but I feel like in a Powered Cube like mine, some of the effects could be horribly overpowered. I can see them being good in an unpowered cube though.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

BaronVonVaderham posted:

I've considered it, but I feel like in a Powered Cube like mine, some of the effects could be horribly overpowered. I can see them being good in an unpowered cube though.

That's more or less exactly why I'm going to try them in a power cube. If nothing else, it'll make for some memorable moments and I can always boot them to the crap cube for occasional added spice.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Conspiracies are just too good. I wouldn't want the all land types conspiracy floating around in my drafts because then whomever ended up with it would be able to indiscriminately pick the best cards from each pack. It beats out Sol ring, that's how good it is.

I really want Dack Fayden in my powered cube but gently caress man that $60 price tag.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Null1fy posted:

I really want Dack Fayden in my powered cube but gently caress man that $60 price tag.

If you're talking about the preorder one, it might take a dive once there's a good amount of the set out in the wild. On the other hand, if it really is the next JTMS or LOTV then the invisible hand of Pete Hoefling could send it rocketing upwards! Which will you bet on?

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

WhiteWolf123 posted:

I won't be playing the actual conspiracies, but I think the draft manipulation cards are pretty sweet. Plus, there's a handful of other cards in Conspiracy that just happen to be awesome cube cards.

I'm pretty sure that in my peasant list, some draft manipulation cards will be what I want. Specifically:

Cogwork Librarian: almost certainly. I've played with a similar card in a different game, Chopsticks in Sushi Go, and it was really interesting as a mechanic., A 3/3 for 4 is fine, too.
Lurking Automaton: Probably. If I'm doing 8-man drafts with 15 card packs this guy is possibly very powerful.
Agent of Acquisitions: maybe. His draft effect is quite powerful but I'm not sure how often people will want to use it. The body is boring but at least on curve.
Cogwork Spy: Maybe. This one's a lower impact draft effect, but possibly really cool information in pack one. The body is fine, and a colorless, on-curve flier seems somewhat appealing even.
Whispergear Sneak: probably not. The ability to look at unopened boosters for first-pick information is neat, but the 1/1 for one sucks.

Kasonic
Mar 6, 2007

Copy-paste of Zorak's list of new Pauper scores from Vintage Masters:

quote:

Addle
Afterlife
Arrogant Wurm
Battle Screech
Beetleback Chief
Brindle Shoat
Chainer's Edict
Circular Logic
Claws of Wirewood
Dauthi Mercenary
Elephant Guide
Elvish Aberration
Gilded Light
Goblin Commando
Goblin General
Killer Whale
Mana Prism
Mistmoon Griffin
Predatory Nightstalker
Skirge Familiar
Skirk Drill Sergeant
Tangle
Tribute to the Wild
Exile
Soltari Emissary

Edict, Beetleback Chief, Goblin General, and Tangle are all pretty sick gains, and I think a solid pauper Madness is possible now.

FLEXBONER
Apr 27, 2009

Esto es un infierno. Estoy en el infierno.
The draft-modifying cards from Conspiracy are cool, but Booster Tutor will always be the most fun Cube card.

Tonde Mo Nai
Jul 9, 2005
my symbolism was stripped away long ago

FLEXBONER posted:

The draft-modifying cards from Conspiracy are cool, but Booster Tutor will always be the most fun Cube card.

Ever had someone put it on an Isochron Scepter? I have, and it was awesome, but that person went through so many cube packs after that.

FLEXBONER
Apr 27, 2009

Esto es un infierno. Estoy en el infierno.

Tonde Mo Nai posted:

Ever had someone put it on an Isochron Scepter? I have, and it was awesome, but that person went through so many cube packs after that.

I actually haven't built my own Cube yet, I just have one that I helped finance and it didn't have Isochron Sceptre

My current plan is to start with an El Cheapo Grande Cube made from cards I already own and do iterative playtesting from there. I just moved to a different state so I haven't had a lot of time to work on it yet.

KasaiAisu
May 3, 2010

Ask me about zoning laws in videogames
How many lands are acceptable to run in a 360 cube? I want 10 fetches, shocks, and filters, but the temples are also very attractive and I still want some manlands like Celestial Colonnade, Treetop Village, Mutavault, etc. Basically, is ~45 too much?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Remember that cube boosters are 15 cards, while typical draft boosters are 14. It's totally fine to have a higher proportion of lands than a printed set would.

45 lands isn't "too much" (though it's definitely a lot, so keep in mind that it'll be easier than normal to play splash cards or things with heavy colour commitments), but I'd be pretty skeptical about making a lot of them primarily fixing - I'd consider playing temples instead of filterlands, rather than playing both of them, which leaves more room for various utility lands, 5-colour lands, manlands etc.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

KasaiAisu posted:

How many lands are acceptable to run in a 360 cube? I want 10 fetches, shocks, and filters, but the temples are also very attractive and I still want some manlands like Celestial Colonnade, Treetop Village, Mutavault, etc. Basically, is ~45 too much?

At 360 you basically have room for 3 guild lands each (best would be ABU/Shock/fetch) and 8-10 nonbasic lands.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
How much fixing are people usually running in Peasant cubes?

In mine I run Vivid Lands, Allied Guildgates, Allied Karoos, and enemy Signets, plus Evolving Wilds, Terramorphic Expanse, Expedition Map, Rupture Spire, Armillary Sphere, and a fair bit of green land-fetching, and it feels about right for being able to draft a 3-color deck if you want to.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Entropic posted:

How much fixing are people usually running in Peasant cubes?

In mine I run Vivid Lands, Allied Guildgates, Allied Karoos, and enemy Signets, plus Evolving Wilds, Terramorphic Expanse, Expedition Map, Rupture Spire, Armillary Sphere, and a fair bit of green land-fetching, and it feels about right for being able to draft a 3-color deck if you want to.

I'm running a bit more than that: http://cubetutor.com/viewcube/2874

tl;dr I'm running Painlands (my only violation of peasant rules, so that my fixing doesn't heavily favor control), all 10 guildgates (will replace with karoos), vivids, evolving, terramorphic, and the 5 panoramas. I'm also running a fair bit of G fixing, and good 2-mana fixing artifacts. I want to make 5-color (particularly with green) possible, and make 3-color decks none too difficult. I'm thinking of cutting the panoramas for transguild promenade/rupture spire, and adding 3 of the draft matters cards.

I've not done enough testing to know whether or not I've got too much fixing. I'm erring on the side of too much rather than too little, as I know I've got plenty of color-intensive cards in my slots.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

I have the guildgates, karoo's, signets, the original cycle lands, 4 different WUBRG able lands (terramorphic expanse, evolbing wilds, rupture apire and transguild promenade), each colour gets 1 utility land (teetering peaks, khalni garden, etc) and then I chucked in desert and haunyed fengraf.

Green has a few fixing cards as you'd expect though, but thats the lands and also the signets in my pauper cube.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
I'm running 41 lands in my 450 Peasant cube. Though I'm debating breaking the Peasantry rule and swapping karoos for Temples once they rotate out of standard and go cheaper.

revengeanceful
Sep 27, 2006

Glory, glory Man United!
In my 370 card peasant cube (link), I run the following fixing:
10 Painlands
5 Vivids
5 Alara trilands
City of Brass
Gemstone Mine
Mana Confluence
Evolving Wilds
Terramorphic Expanse
Some green land fixers/ramp
Some 5-color artifact ramp
0 Signets
0 Karoos

I'm considering adding the 10 shocklands as well because I feel I'm a little light on mana fixing lands overall, but other than that I'm pretty happy with the types of decks I'm seeing in my group - mostly two-color, three-color on occasion, four+ colors if you really work for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Trip Report:

Grid-drafted the build linked above, today. I prioritized fixing pretty highly and ended up with

-fertile ground, farseek, and very little other green fixing
-vivid marsh, creek, and crag
-terramorphic
-esper panorama

We fought pretty hard over colors, I pushed him out of blue, and he pushed me out of white. I ran U/B tempo, he ran G/W midrange. He cut all splashes, I splashed FTK off 5 sources and arrest off 6, while keeping 11/10 B/U sources, so my manabase was absurdly good. That said, I still gave up on running the Cloudgoat ranger I pulled. He stuck with 2-color, and the interaction paid off. Hard removal from Arrest, and flickering FTK with Nephalia smuggler were critical to my second win. Games 1 and 3 came down to the Nephalia Smugger/Mulldrifter interactions that just let me draw my deck. Overall, it felt OK - he nearly buried with Behemoth Sledge and Trostani's Summoner each time, but the mana costs were ponderous enough that he couldn't swap it around fast enough. Oh, and Goldnight Redeemer was a fantastic stabilization play for him, though my boring removal seemed to deal with the body it left behind well each time.

tl;dr:
-Fixing was very good, even though I only got one painland
-Removal seems very strong
-Colors felt pretty balanced I guess
-Equipment wasn't overbearing, we saw that behemoth sledge and an ensouled scimitar the whole draft.