Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Do you just have to get to 1800 to start building it or does your conclave rating change which one you can actually use at any one time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

FutureCop posted:

Loki. With some good duration mods (Continuity and Constitution) as well as effeciency mods (Streamline and Fleeting Expertise) you can cheaply spam Invisibility and stealth kill everything. (this also applies to Ash with Smoke Screen, and to a lesser extent, Banshee with Silence).

Other things to look out for are silent weapons so you can kill from a distance, such as the bows (and for some reason the Ogris?), the stealth sentinel Shade which can cloak you if you're seen, radar mods like Enemy Radar or Sonar for Banshee so you can see enemies without actually seeing them, as well as exploiting the enemies vision cones, which do seem to be diminished with the recent patches (think Metal Gear Solid, where enemies can only see a few meters in front of themselves). To be honest though, given the random nature of their patrols and such, the only way to reliably do stealth is with a stealth warframe (Loki/Ash).

Or you just be a LifeLink Trinity and run through the level blowing yourself up and slaughtering everything before they can blink.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
Just as a PSA, the Vanguard helmet alert up on PC right now still gives a blueprint for the statted "Arcane" variant. DE didn't stealth-introduce unstatted helmets, they just set up the groundwork for them.

Also if you don't have it get it now. Vanguard helmet is the best.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Goddammit DE I do not enjoy this poo poo :mad:

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009
I assume people have been running the new rescue 2.0 missions, but since no one has posted a break down yet, here we go.

First, stealth only matters in one particular section. There's a segment of the map where there are two main doors that branch off, and need the consoles hacked to be opened. Those doors lead to the cells. In this segment with the two doors there will be what seems like three to five wardens. If the wardens spot you they will make a run for the nearest console and start some sort of execution procedure. You then have something like a minute or 30 seconds to rescue the prisoner. If you kill all the wardens without them reaching a console, you can take as much time as you need.

Also, so far the rescues are on a grineer map, even if the planet is corpus controlled. This is important, because there are a total of seven of those obnoxious mines near the doors. So, once again, the best way to be stealthy is to be an invincible murder machine and just kill everything before an alert gets sent out. Thanks DE.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Buried alive posted:

I assume people have been running the new rescue 2.0 missions, but since no one has posted a break down yet, here we go.

First, stealth only matters in one particular section. There's a segment of the map where there are two main doors that branch off, and need the consoles hacked to be opened. Those doors lead to the cells. In this segment with the two doors there will be what seems like three to five wardens. If the wardens spot you they will make a run for the nearest console and start some sort of execution procedure. You then have something like a minute or 30 seconds to rescue the prisoner. If you kill all the wardens without them reaching a console, you can take as much time as you need.

Also, so far the rescues are on a grineer map, even if the planet is corpus controlled. This is important, because there are a total of seven of those obnoxious mines near the doors. So, once again, the best way to be stealthy is to be an invincible murder machine and just kill everything before an alert gets sent out. Thanks DE.

We ran Nereid on Neptune enough times to get the fancy wraith syandana dangly and I don't think there was a single arc trap. :iiam:

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Shugojin posted:

We ran Nereid on Neptune enough times to get the fancy wraith syandana dangly and I don't think there was a single arc trap. :iiam:

Yeah, they're only on the grineer tileset: there's a platform the unlock console is on with three arc traps, and each approach--two ramps on either side and a wall you can climb opposite the prison entrance--has two more traps. If you approach from one of the sides you can easily pop the two traps on the ramp, then climb on a box and pop all three from a safe distance.

You'll want to clear out both ramps, because the hostage won't give a gently caress about running through traps. You can ignore the wall if you're not going to climb it, which you shouldn't because it doesn't give you a good angle on disabling the center three.

Or just do Nereid because it's way less of a pain and still a "hard" mission. 12 runs doesn't take very long at all, if you want your fancy scarf (scarf may not be fancy or actually a scarf).

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Male Man posted:

Or just do Nereid because it's way less of a pain and still a "hard" mission. 12 runs doesn't take very long at all, if you want your fancy scarf (scarf may not be fancy or actually a scarf).

I'm going to go with calling it fairy wings, good thing I've got all these pastel colors from Easter.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

So these spectres are one-shot things?

For all that?

gently caress that poo poo.

Emy
Apr 21, 2009

Sighence posted:

For all that?

I sincerely hope they add the ability to recover specters for reuse. Unless they do that, bringing along even the very cheapest of specters is too expensive to be anything but a dumb gimmick.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

I felt like a ninja, and my kung-fu was strong.

Solo protier Loki with a nikana trivializes 9-point event runs on Neptune, but god it feels like putting in an extra shift at work.

Emy
Apr 21, 2009
I did solo 12-point event runs on nightmare Numa (Loki/penta/zorens), and it worked out fine. Except when I rolled energy drain. gently caress that noise.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
The entire stealth portion of these new rescue missions is one room. One loving room and then its back to the same old run and gun because its not actually possible to be stealthy unless you have Invisibility... and the hostage screws up even that pretty nicely.

"Stealth" in this game needs a serious revamp which I doubt will ever be made. Once one enemy sees you, the entire room has seen you and some dude 300 meters away that you cant even see will hit the alarm.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Sighence posted:

For all that?

Pretty sure Spectres are more aimed at high-ranking level 15 players that have enough resources to throw at the wall and build an army out of and need something to do with them (Like build an army).

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
why would I build something of no use whatsoever?

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Denzine posted:

why would I build something of no use whatsoever?

Warframe (PC/PS4): why do I have 100 weapons in this terrible terrible game

Emy
Apr 21, 2009
Those give meaningless mastery rank points, specters don't.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Buried alive posted:

Just do Nereid on Neptune because it's considered hard and takes place on the Corpus ship tileset and thus no arc traps.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Did a ODD with some goons, and one of them was pretty new. After the first wave the new one goes "some nano spores over here guys" so adorable.

DE should make a specter that only takes nano spores.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

I'm quickly learning why stealth is absolutely worthless in this game in every way, shape, and form.

Also, what's a good secondary weapon to upgrade to? Is that Seer pistol that Vor dropped a blueprint for any good and worth the slight bit of grinding?

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Mercury_Storm posted:

The entire stealth portion of these new rescue missions is one room. One loving room and then its back to the same old run and gun because its not actually possible to be stealthy unless you have Invisibility... and the hostage screws up even that pretty nicely.

"Stealth" in this game needs a serious revamp which I doubt will ever be made. Once one enemy sees you, the entire room has seen you and some dude 300 meters away that you cant even see will hit the alarm.

From Payday 2 I don't think stealth will ever work in pub games, which is going to be a huge amount of their audience. People aren't good at patience or coordination and fail condition will lead to pain.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

Also, what's a good secondary weapon to upgrade to? Is that Seer pistol that Vor dropped a blueprint for any good and worth the slight bit of grinding?
It's a bit clunky, but has a powerful scope and packs a hefty punch. It's not hitscan, but the bullet travel time is very quick, so it's not a big issue. It's decent for picking off some dudes, but not well suited for pitched combat.
Overall I'd say it's a pretty good gun for a new player, I never regretted building it at least.

As for other options, Lex is definitely a big upgrade over the Lato, and you can just buy it directly for credits. Also big and clunky though, so aim well. Basically a space Desert Eagle.

For something you can purchase a blueprint for, I personally recommend the Vasto revolver. It's great for going all gunslinger on fools. Although it's only a six-shooter, you can just spam bullets because the reload is super fast. Most importantly, it deals lots of slash damage, so it'll gib enemies constantly and the gargling noises that makes are loving hilarious.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 12:09 on May 2, 2014

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
I actually formaed the Seer a few times, it is accurate enough to be shot from the hip during close combat where also its travel time is pretty much non-existant, and it does respectable damage. It's not a Marelok, but I got that cute little pistol long before the Marelok arrived.

Also I enjoy the new rescue missions; it certainly is just one big room but I enjoy finally having some alternative routes to sneak around and while I could probably do just as well just poping the heads of the wardens from long range I enjoy sneaking up to them and backstabbing them and than freeing the rescue target with no alarm raised.
This feeling of accomplishment might wear of fast, especially as it's not that hard, but atm it helps me break out of the same-old run/slide/shoot moveset that I've become used to from regular missions.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I just pop invis on my Loki and then murder all the wardens.

I'm a little disappointed that the wardens just share a drop table with their Corpus tech/Grineer heavy gunner counterpart.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

I felt like a ninja, and my kung-fu was strong.

I'm less disappointed considering that my loki runs dropped the rare hammer stance.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Sputnik posted:

I'm less disappointed considering that my loki runs dropped the rare hammer stance.

From what?

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.

Sandweed posted:

From what?

Any form of Grineer Seeker drops the rare hammer stance.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I really want to know why the hell we don't have nunchucks in-game yet.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

GenericOverusedName posted:

I really want to know why the hell we don't have nunchucks in-game yet.

Because we don't have sai either. Thanks DE :thumbsup:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Nordick posted:

It's a bit clunky, but has a powerful scope and packs a hefty punch. It's not hitscan, but the bullet travel time is very quick, so it's not a big issue. It's decent for picking off some dudes, but not well suited for pitched combat.
Overall I'd say it's a pretty good gun for a new player, I never regretted building it at least.

As for other options, Lex is definitely a big upgrade over the Lato, and you can just buy it directly for credits. Also big and clunky though, so aim well. Basically a space Desert Eagle.

For something you can purchase a blueprint for, I personally recommend the Vasto revolver. It's great for going all gunslinger on fools. Although it's only a six-shooter, you can just spam bullets because the reload is super fast. Most importantly, it deals lots of slash damage, so it'll gib enemies constantly and the gargling noises that makes are loving hilarious.

Sounds good, thanks!

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008
Generally, most people who build a Seer report not liking it at all. Some people do, so by all means try it out, just don't spend anything important to you expecting it to be great.

The Marelok is like the Seer except uncontroversially good, also easily beats the Lex in the 'accurate handcannons' category, but unfortunately it requires mastery 5.

Completely agree on the Vasto recommendations, though. It and the Magnus are not top-tier, but still powerful enough to be enjoyed when you've got access to things like the Soma. The best beginner weapons are ones that have some longevity, and these do.

Cathair fucked around with this message at 18:13 on May 2, 2014

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

If you want to truly plumb the depths of badgun so that you have a point of comparison for all others, build a spectra. Then potato it and realize that even with a full loadout it is still by a wide margin the worst gun in the game. With melee 2.0 it has probably even ascended to being flat out the worst weapon in the game.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.
I would have to disagree. I am by no means suggesting the spectra is a good gun, but try to take down a boss or do anything significant with a torid. The damage listed is a goddamned lie, it does almost no damage unless you score a direct hit with a slow moving, arcing, inaccurate projectile, and even then it will take like 20 seconds for it to do full damage.

Nothing beats the Torid for sheer terribleness.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

chumbler posted:

If you want to truly plumb the depths of badgun so that you have a point of comparison for all others, build a spectra. Then potato it and realize that even with a full loadout it is still by a wide margin the worst gun in the game. With melee 2.0 it has probably even ascended to being flat out the worst weapon in the game.

I even forma'd mine for shitss and giggles and I can even bring myself to get it back to level 30. It's just so consistently poo poo. So now it's my gimmick impact and crit damage Spectra laser pointer I give to rescue targets.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I have no goddamned idea why they changed the damage type from puncture to slash on the Jaw Sword. That thing could have been THE weapon for melee on Grineer and now it's just another middle of the road slashing longsword.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Is there an approximate list for which melee weapons are considered decent now? I've got all the various types and made the mistake of selling off Obex right before 2.0 hit; I'd like to avoid doing that again if at all possible.

In terms of "best" weapons, I've got Amphis and am grinding cells to build Dakra Prime. Also have all the better weapons from 1.0.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
So these rescue missions are harder than I thought.

I keep running ahead to the elevators, and preparing to leave without the pubbies.

I keep seeing the hostages run up, and leave without them by instinct.

This isn't really a problem, save when they die as a result. Which is every drat time so far.

That's four missions so far.

This is the pubbies fault.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Play them solo with a Loki.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Even though Lotus says not to leave the hostage behind, it's still the exact same situation as the old rescue missions where you should absolutely leave them as far behind as possible, preferably stuck behind a door or something. You don't need to bring the hostage to the exit still. Their AI is loving terrible and they won't follow you past enemies, preferring to stick around and get murdered by the nearest possible group. Just run to the exit as fast as you can and kill anything in your path in case the hostage manages to catch up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
In my experience the hostage(with Brakk or some other fantastic gun) is extremely efficient at murdering its way to the exit as fast as you can run/murder your way there yourself. Occasionally they actually beat me to the exit.

If you're running Loki, dropping a decoy nearby to draw aggro and booking it to the exit is all the care you need to take to keep the hostage alive.

It's very, very easy.