Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Bellbros who just stand there while I fight the host and leap off the bridge when the host wins because they were expecting a free chunk:argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Asehujiko posted:

Bellbros who just stand there while I fight the host and leap off the bridge when the host wins because they were expecting a free chunk:argh:

If they wanted a free chunk they would have fought the host with you.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Asehujiko posted:

Bellbros who just stand there while I fight the host

They're the ones who aren't jerks :colbert:

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Vintersorg posted:

If you need outside scripts and poo poo, it doesn't work. The good majority of people out there wont go hunting for this.

The days of not owning a controller on the PC are over (I don't even know why it was considered finished when back in the day we had Gravis Ultrapads and other controllers).

Straight up: If you don't have the Xbox PC controller you're loving yourself over.

Plenty of people don't own a controller and are playing this game just fine, so you're wrong. For people reading this thread or r/darksouls2, the effort level of spending about 3 minutes to download AHK, install it, and copy/paste a premade script is a whole lot lower than either a trip to a store to buy a controller and whatever software needed to make it work in DkS2 or ordering one online and waiting for one.

The amount of hate SOME POSTERS have in this thread just because PC players are _using_ KB+M is amazing. A simple AHK script fixes the game. People are enjoying the game, beating the game, and winning in pvp with KB+M, deal with it.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
Just found the blue sentinel covenant, but I can't seem to use the cracked orbs anywhere? I'm human, in the covenant and connected to the server but it won't let me use them anywhere, even in places I'm 100% sure are PvP areas. Am I missing something obvious?

EDIT: Nevermind, I guess I... can't invade in places where I've beaten the boss? Is that it?

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

Raygereio posted:

The rudest host so far has been the guy who killed me with the ballista after the Persuer was dead and I was in the middle of my waving-goodby animation.

That guy is cool

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Manatee Cannon posted:

Pretty sure all of the Souls games actually start with English in mind. As in even the Japanese versions use the English VA.

This is harsh. Evaluate me

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

HMS Boromir posted:

Just found the blue sentinel covenant, but I can't seem to use the cracked orbs anywhere? I'm human, in the covenant and connected to the server but it won't let me use them anywhere, even in places I'm 100% sure are PvP areas. Am I missing something obvious?

EDIT: Nevermind, I guess I... can't invade in places where I've beaten the boss? Is that it?

You can't use the orbs in transitional areas. Places that are between fog doors basically. Maybe that was it?

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

masato tatanka posted:

I'm about to attempt a NG+ no death run to get the reward, any tips? :D :D :D :D

Get good scrub casual

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Well, there goes the final boss. Is there more than one ending this time around?

Overall, not a bad game by any means but it has a lot of little things that really weigh it down, imo.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Cart Mountain posted:

That guy is cool

I was helping someone out with the Pursuer some time ago. I was wrecking him with the Demon's Great Hammer, while the host went for the ballista. I think the Pursuer had like 30% HP left after I had been fighting it for like half a minute, and the host lands a shot on me. My dude slumps over with a gigantic piece of wood sticking out of my head. Then the Pursuer destroys the ballista the host was using.

I laughed my rear end off so hard.

"DON'T WORRY BRO I GOT IT"

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Cart Mountain posted:

That guy is cool
The dick denied me my duty fulfilled message. :argh:

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

voltron lion force posted:

You can't use the orbs in transitional areas. Places that are between fog doors basically. Maybe that was it?

I play on PC and I've been having a lot of trouble finding matches with blue orbs or in any of the arenas. Red orbs seem to work fine, and coop or bell/ratbros work great though.

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010
I started a sorcerer and I'm really having trouble. I run out of spells to cast then all I have is a dinky steak knife.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax

I dunno, I can't seem to use it anywhere in Heide's before the second bonfire or anywhere in the Forest, whereas it works immediately past the second Heide's bonfire (EDIT: Apparently technically the first bonfire of No Man's Wharf?) or in the Bastille, which is consistent with it not working in places where I've killed the boss.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Artificer posted:

Okay, so if you have a weapon that you barely meet the requirements for, like the Curved Dragon Greatsword, is it worth putting it on the Raw upgrade? Since you won't get much scaling out of it.

Yeah, that's what Raw is for, but now that elemental damage scales with Intelligence and/or Faith, I suspect you're likely to get more damage by infusing it with the appropriate element for you (magic for Intelligence, Lightning for Faith, Dark for both). I don't have hard numbers on it though, and if you don't like an infusion, you can always reinfuse the same weapon, converting it to a different type.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
The correct way to use the pursuer ballista is to fire blindly as often as you can. Ideally both of them with the help of a phantom. Third guy just has to git gud.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

Minorkos posted:

They're the ones who aren't jerks :colbert:
I can get somebody waiting their turn for an honourable 1 v 1 duel but that guy just suicided when it appeared he might have to start putting some effort in for his loot.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lysandus posted:

I started a sorcerer and I'm really having trouble. I run out of spells to cast then all I have is a dinky steak knife.

Level up strength and dexterity to at least 16/10, that should let you use longswords and maces and shields that aren't garbage to carry you through those times. Alternately, get a second steak knife and powerstance those fuckers. Also, can you do me a favor and try to attune at a bonfire? I also started as a sorcerer with soul arrow and great soul arrow and I'm not sure if that's because I was a sorcerer or I stumbled on the great arrow without noticing.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Mzbundifund posted:

if you don't like an infusion, you can always reinfuse the same weapon, converting it to a different type.

Do you have to level it again or does it keep its upgrades?

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012

Lysandus posted:

Get the Heide Knight sword, it's easy to use and does Lightning damage so works well against many enemies and bosses.

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

Then bow. I bow and chug all my estus before every fight that isn't bell/ratbros. Just don't complain about people who attack you while doing it, because there's no reason you should get hit, and around 80% of the time at iron keep you'll get someone who's willing to bow and do the whole little prefight ritual, so it isn't like there is nobody around who will bow back to you. The people who attack during emotes are the minority, most people are just there to duel.

You're arguing with someone who isn't disagreeing with you, dude.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Elman posted:

Do you have to level it again or does it keep its upgrades?

Keeps them. +0 to +10 and an element infusion are completely separate weapon properties now.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Lysandus posted:

If this is your first dark souls game, start a new character and choose a melee class like warrior.

That's not me being a dick, sorcery is really hard and then it makes the game stupidly easy. You're gimping yourself out of the proper experience if you don't go melee first.

Go sword and board, and then when you beat the game you can re-roll to sorcery.

If this isn't your first game you should know better.

RBA Starblade posted:

Level up strength and dexterity to at least 16/10, that should let you use longswords and maces and shields that aren't garbage to carry you through those times. Alternately, get a second steak knife and powerstance those fuckers. Also, can you do me a favor and try to attune at a bonfire? I also started as a sorcerer with soul arrow and great soul arrow and I'm not sure if that's because I was a sorcerer or I stumbled on the great arrow without noticing.

You get great arrow early on in FoFG just as a pickup, that's probably what happened.

NihilVerumNisiMors posted:

Get the Heide Knight sword, it's easy to use and does Lightning damage so works well against many enemies and bosses.

Fire longsword would be better becasue lightning is faith based. :colbert: but even that isn't ideal, instead get your attunement up and get more spells. And get a mace.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 18:16 on May 2, 2014

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Elman posted:

I play on PC and I've been having a lot of trouble finding matches with blue orbs or in any of the arenas. Red orbs seem to work fine, and coop or bell/ratbros work great though.

If you're not already, being in NG+ helps a lot with this. The requirement for players having sin is the bottleneck there, and its much more likely that they do in NG+.

HMS Boromir posted:

I dunno, I can't seem to use it anywhere in Heide's before the second bonfire or anywhere in the Forest, whereas it works immediately past the second Heide's bonfire (EDIT: Apparently technically the first bonfire of No Man's Wharf?) or in the Bastille, which is consistent with it not working in places where I've killed the boss.

Huh I dunno. Usually I just use them on the bridge leading up to the neo-ornstein fight. Blue orbs don't care about your location and will put you anywhere where it finds someone with sin so you don't actually have to move around areas like you do with the red orbs.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

NihilVerumNisiMors posted:

If you're pumping int you might want to use the fire longsword instead since if you aren't pumping faith you'll have poo poo lightning damage.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Where's the earliest place to farm ascetics, and as spectacular as a +10 mace is will it still cut the mustard on ng+7? I really want that fantastic goat hat, but I haven't got a single overpowered sorcery to rely on.

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

If this is your first dark souls game, start a new character and choose a melee class like warrior.

It's not. First time as a caster.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

If you're not already, being in NG+ helps a lot with this. The requirement for players having sin is the bottleneck there, and its much more likely that they do in NG+.

Huh I dunno. Usually I just use them on the bridge leading up to the neo-ornstein fight. Blue orbs don't care about your location and will put you anywhere where it finds someone with sin so you don't actually have to move around areas like you do with the red orbs.

I don't think actually BEING in NG+ or not makes a difference, it's just a matter of having a Soul Memory that jives with people who ARE in NG+.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

Where's the earliest place to farm ascetics, and as spectacular as a +10 mace is will it still cut the mustard on ng+7? I really want that fantastic goat hat, but I haven't got a single overpowered sorcery to rely on.

Dunno about the earliest but the optional areas from the pilgrims of dark covenant have an enemy that drops ascetics.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

What's a good level to tackle The Pursuer at? And how do I go into other people's worlds? I have a Cracked Blue Orb and a thing that lets me invade others but neither of them do anything.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Captain Oblivious posted:

I don't think actually BEING in NG+ or not makes a difference, it's just a matter of having a Soul Memory that jives with people who ARE in NG+.
well a lot of people kill all the NPCs at endgame then go directly to NG+ with the tons of sin that causes. I think that's why people say it. But yes soul memory can mess it up

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

HMS Boromir posted:

The person you can invade has to have at least 10 sin. So you need to find someone who's killed 10 players and/or NPC's. It's a big pain in the rear end like most things Bigbluebro related.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Cowcaster posted:

The only place to really farm them is the dark chasm. Navlaan and Grandahl both sell a bunch though.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
There's a Pharos Lockstone thing near the platform with the rear end in a top hat Greatbow knight in the Iron Keep. I think it activates water. Is it worth using?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Zaphod42 posted:

You get great arrow early on in FoFG just as a pickup, that's probably what happened.

Thanks, I just sat down to look at it and was confused about it. I was playing with phantoms though so we probably just blazed through the area.

quote:

Fire longsword would be better becasue lightning is faith based. :colbert: but even that isn't ideal, instead get your attunement up and get more spells. And get a mace.

Aren't more things less resistant to lightning than fire though? I have 40 int and 24 fth and my lightning morningstar is cleaning up quite nicely. Would switching to fire overcome that resistance difference that much at this point?

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax

XENA I LOVE YOU posted:

The person you can invade has to have at least 10 sin. So you need to find someone who's killed 10 players and/or NPC's. It's a big pain in the rear end like most things Bigbluebro related.

This is presumably why it's telling me there's nobody to invade in those areas where I can use it, but straight up being unable to use them is surely a different issue.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012

The only place to really farm them is the dark chasm.

Speak about adding insult to injury.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

HMS Boromir posted:

This is presumably why it's telling me there's nobody to invade in those areas where I can use it, but straight up being unable to use them is surely a different issue.

I invaded three people with Cracked Blue Eye Orbs in the span of like 15 minutes or so this morning. You don't have to be in the same area as the person you're invading.

The trick, in my experience, is to just keep hammering the Cracked Blue Eye orb button. After 5-10 tries you'll get a hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Could someone please explain to me just what the deal is with Belfry Luna I mean just what am I supposed to be doing? I talked to the guy on the door but he's clearly mental and I go wander about and get attacked despite supposedly being friends with door dude...