Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Surely of all people he would get back to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Ghostlight posted:

Surely of all people he would get back to it.

:golfclap:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

SilverSupernova posted:

Dark Avengers 178

Scenes like this make me glad Superior Foes is a thing now.
Is that a yellow diamond or is that woman going too far in trying to one-up Powergirl?

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Knormal posted:

Is that a yellow diamond or is that woman going too far in trying to one-up Powergirl?

It's a yellow diamond.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It doesn't matter anyway since she's drawn as a naked body. Unless there's some fabric out there that shows minute detail of the ribs under a woman's breast.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Lobok posted:

It doesn't matter anyway since she's drawn as a naked body. Unless there's some fabric out there that shows minute detail of the ribs under a woman's breast.

C'mon, man...you should know this by now. Unstable molecules!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Be glad their teammate Satanna isnt in the shot. :v:

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I don't think there's been a time when Moonstone hasn't been a psychopathic hedonist, so take your pick really.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

wiegieman posted:

I don't think there's been a time when Moonstone hasn't been a psychopathic hedonist, so take your pick really.

There was the brief period in the early Cagebolts era where she tried to calm down a bit and bond with Ghost and Juggernaut.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Action Tortoise posted:

Who's behind Goth Rogue?

I like that Jock Thor still has that distinct font in his speech balloons.

Sunfire I think, not sure why he'd be white though.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Sunfire I think, not sure why he'd be white though.

DC bought Marvel? :haw:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Adventure Time #13.
Marceline doesn't need exposition.

Also, they still seem to be big into cover homages.

Double also, check out this tumblr for a good source of funny comic panels.

http://funnycomicmoments.tumblr.com/

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

No idea where this is from, though I'm guessing THOR.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

SynthOrange posted:

No idea where this is from, though I'm guessing THOR.

Pretty sure it's Avengers v1 #5:

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Man I wish Avengers 2 was about The Lava Men and had RICK JONES in a sweater vest

Say Nothing posted:

Adventure Time #13.
Marceline doesn't need exposition.

Also, they still seem to be big into cover homages.

Double also, check out this tumblr for a good source of funny comic panels.

http://funnycomicmoments.tumblr.com/
Cannot not see

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Cardboard Box A posted:

Cannot not see

It's almost as if that's the reference / joke!!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
M-M-M-multi reference... Impressive.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Phylodox posted:

C'mon, man...you should know this by now. Unstable molecules!

Moonstone's costume is actually just a part of her power set and she can project and redesign it on a whim, based on what she wants it to look like.

Back during the Busiek era, she used this to make the costume instantly disaprea as a part of her plan to seduce Hawkeye. (Spoiler Warning: It worked.)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Source sadly unknown to me, found it some time ago on another site that didn't supply the source.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
The secret weakness of the Justice League is like 2 alarm chili.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Mr. Maltose posted:

The secret weakness of the Justice League is like 2 alarm chili.

Haha, if that.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

The Question IRL posted:

Moonstone's costume is actually just a part of her power set and she can project and redesign it on a whim, based on what she wants it to look like.

Back during the Busiek era, she used this to make the costume instantly disaprea as a part of her plan to seduce Hawkeye. (Spoiler Warning: It worked.)

Was it a plan to seduce Hawkeye? I thought they just came to like each other. :(

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Moonstone planned on it but she ended up falling for Hawkeye legitimately around the time he took the fall for lying about the Thunderbolt's pardon.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

prefect posted:

Was it a plan to seduce Hawkeye? I thought they just came to like each other. :(

It's pretty safe to assume that anything Moonstone is doing is part of some twisted plan.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Lurdiak posted:

It's pretty safe to assume that anything Moonstone is doing is part of some twisted plan.

While she was pretty much Female Loki for the first couple years of Thunderbolts, the idea was that she really did fall for Hawkeye and that made her want to be a better person because of it. Once they split up, she started to degrade back into being a schemer looking out for number one.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Was that before or after she got possessed by an ancient kree warrior and decided to blow up the world because it made her really upset that an alien entity was making her be selfless?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That goddamned chili is terrible.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
It's not so much terrible as it is the world's dullest most boilerplate chili. Like, that is the baseline chili that all real chilis spring from via addition or subtraction.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr. Maltose posted:

It's not so much terrible as it is the world's dullest most boilerplate chili. Like, that is the baseline chili that all real chilis spring from via addition or subtraction.

I could poo poo in a bowl after eating my own chili recipe and it would be better than the "official Queen chili."

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
I just wanna know why Batman put broccoli or whatever in his chili.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

John Dyne posted:

I just wanna know why Batman put broccoli or whatever in his chili.
It's probably supposed to be the green pepper.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I...I think that's supposed to be Basil. It's in Hal and Flash's bowls too. Green Arrow crushes basil by drying the whole plant and then mushing it in his fist I guess. Maybe it is one of his secret island survival skills.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Mr. Maltose posted:

I...I think that's supposed to be Basil. It's in Hal and Flash's bowls too. Green Arrow crushes basil by drying the whole plant and then mushing it in his fist I guess. Maybe it is one of his secret island survival skills.
Oh I missed the basil reading the ingredients.

... Also the tabasco sauce? loving hell, Ollie.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I like to think that his chili is missing several key ingredients that you can't get unless you were stranded on a hell island and don't care about the endangered species list.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Maltose posted:

An arrow comes in from off panel and knocks the ladel out of Ollie's hand. Cut to Roy Harper pointing a bow at him. "YOU HAVE FAILED THIS... CHILI COOK-OFF"

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Lurdiak posted:

Was that before or after she got possessed by an ancient kree warrior and decided to blow up the world because it made her really upset that an alien entity was making her be selfless?

It was the other way around. The Kree being started to wake up inside her because she was starting to become a better person. Then they dropped it because a story arc later, she and Hawkeye were separated by the plot and by the time they were reunited, Hawkeye was being written out so Zemo could be the leader.

Anyway, getting back on topic, this is from volume 3 of the Street Fighter II manga. There are evil Street Fighter clones going around and for some reason this is Ryu's way to make sure that this is the real Chun-Li.

...uh huh.

Which reminds me to give a cheap plug for this article I wrote on the history of Street Fighter comics. It includes Akuma punching a hole through a bear, which is the best.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

TwoPair posted:

An arrow comes in from off panel and knocks the ladel out of Ollie's hand. Cut to Roy Harper pointing a bow at him. "YOU HAVE FAILED THIS... CHILI COOK-OFF"

Roy is the easiest judge to bribe. Just give him a bag of dope and he will vote for whatever you say

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

bobkatt013 posted:

Roy is the easiest judge to bribe. Just give him a bag of dope and he will vote for whatever you say

Harper kicked out of chili cook-off after arriving wearing a shirt reading "ROY'S CHILI: IT'S DOPE"

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

Gavok posted:

Which reminds me to give a cheap plug for this article I wrote on the history of Street Fighter comics. It includes Akuma punching a hole through a bear, which is the best.

This panel will always define Street Fighter comics to me. It's just so...iconic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
When Capcom cancels a licensed work for being too lovely, you know you've gone horribly wrong.

The rumor is that it was Ken's scalping that got it cancelled, but a crossover with The Ferret certainly didn't help, either.

• Locked thread