Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

How do we get this?!

Run 200 Extreme primals/first Coil runs (not counting Turn 3) as Paladin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Similarly, there is a bear mount for doing the same as warrior.

If you plan to farm for it deliberately, turn 4 (if you're with known competent people) or turn 2 enrage (if not) are probably your best bets. Personally, I'm gradually poking away at it as I watch Leviathan refuse to drop mirrors.

Monster Mash
Sep 11, 2001

Smart Car posted:

There's something much more important than all this business, and that's tiny muscular lions.

Hahaha this is better than I imagined on you Dudude. Time to help you get your bear next~

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.

bleuraindrops posted:

Seannuykun is referring to the 18hr explorations. There are 3 tiers of lvl50 explorations you can do. You can easily hit the cap for the first two with the AF mainhand and HQ class exclusive gear (tip: you can buy the AF mainhand from a Calamity Salvager) but the last tier required 383 gathering. My retainer is sitting at 327 so I'll probably need to overmeld and get her a forager mainhand. No idea what you gather from that last tier (minions?) but it's not necessary if you're only gathering shards/crystals.

For fishing, it's 308, presumably because of the lack of an offhand. With the ilvl 70 hat and rod, I only needed two grade I and two grade II materia to hit it. For a miner or botanist, you can hit 358 with no materia, so you only need enough materia for 25 gathering. You should be able to hit that without overmelding, so it's not too prohibitively expensive. It's not great, but it could be worse.

So far, my fisher has brought back a lot of mahi mahi. She did bring me a minute mindflayer this morning, though. :3:

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

Here's a good side by side comparison to show off properly just how tiny my lion is.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

I hate it when my lion forgets leg day.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I am very ready to play this with you guys, but this download is taking forever :( 12GB download argggh.

Downtime
Sep 25, 2009

Nephzinho posted:

I made like 15 mil that weekend. Good times.

I made like 60m off relic precursors in the months following that.. kinda wish I was doing it then too.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Today I learned that Elusive Jump auto-adjusts your Z coordinates and you do not, in fact, go flying if you use it off of the roof of a house. :(

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

So I had to cancel autorenew because I wasn't going to get paid for a day later than usual, and now I'm trying to reactivate my account and I'm absolutely baffled. It suddenly lists my payment method as "steam wallet" which is weird because I've never used that in my life, and when I click on "subscription payment" at this screen:

It takes me to this page which won't let me change any of the options except for standard/entry:

and when I try to hit "next" it just gives me an error and tells me to contact support. I registered my debit card (which I'd already used for a month but it was nowhere on any of my info) at the like, main square enix account site, but it doesn't seem to have made any difference on the mog station or whatever side. It lists that I made a payment with my debit card last month in the service history, too. Checking on my Square-Enix account site just sends me in a loop back to the mog station.

I forgot how goddamn hard SE always makes it pay them for their MMOs. Anyone have any idea what I'm missing here? Is something wrong or am I hella retarded?

Frog Act fucked around with this message at 03:30 on May 3, 2014

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

So when the next live letter? I gotta know exactly when in May they're gonna start selling the Fantasia.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Kyrosiris posted:

Today I learned that Elusive Jump auto-adjusts your Z coordinates and you do not, in fact, go flying if you use it off of the roof of a house. :(

We spent about a week one time trying to elusive jump into the pbc reception seat.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

RuanGacho posted:

We spent about a week one time trying to elusive jump into the pbc reception seat.

I never managed to land exactly in the seat. I could elusive jump from the top floor right next to the seat, but never exactly on top.

I could macro it so I could sit down on it immediately after though. That's close enough. Right?

:negative:

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

Kyrosiris posted:

It's best used during Titan because you do an elegant backflip and two frames later you're in a crumpled heap at the bottom of the arena. Express elevator to Hell! :toot:

They might've fixed the whole "Hurl yourself off the edge and die with Elusive Jump" thing during trials, however, because you can't do it against Leviathan and when I tried it during a roulette Story Titan I glitched along the boundary for a moment and landed perfectly safe.

Shaezerus fucked around with this message at 04:15 on May 3, 2014

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So I'm at a point on my relic quest/post-50 game where my item level is 53 average.

Titan Hard is 57. Almost all my gear is 55, a couple pieces are less. (But to buy even say, earrings at level 70 at the Market Board is going to cost me 100k and I don't have that.)

Where is a good spot to get higher item level gear that I *Can* do. As I said, I'm iLevel 53. I just beat Garuda. I can't go farther. I run Amdapor & Wanderers but both seem to throw out gear that isn't enough to really push my average up to 57.

I'm assuming I need either a lot of 60, or a couple 70 items.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
Get tomes to buy i90 and i100 pieces. Buy the mats for i70 stuff and get it crafted. Run Crystal Tower for i80.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Just did a peiste skin map for the first time in forever. Got 8 potash from a single drop. Was a bit surprised by that.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Feenix posted:

So I'm at a point on my relic quest/post-50 game where my item level is 53 average.

Titan Hard is 57. Almost all my gear is 55, a couple pieces are less. (But to buy even say, earrings at level 70 at the Market Board is going to cost me 100k and I don't have that.)

Where is a good spot to get higher item level gear that I *Can* do. As I said, I'm iLevel 53. I just beat Garuda. I can't go farther. I run Amdapor & Wanderers but both seem to throw out gear that isn't enough to really push my average up to 57.

I'm assuming I need either a lot of 60, or a couple 70 items.

Can darklight gear be purchased for seals now? If it can, buy some of that, one or 2 pieces should do you, don't get jewelry, get a main piece, as it will help a lot more.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

orange juche posted:

Can darklight gear be purchased for seals now? If it can, buy some of that, one or 2 pieces should do you, don't get jewelry, get a main piece, as it will help a lot more.

Who even sells Darklight? I may have to check that out...

And to the other poster... I was saving my tomes for other stuff.. I only have 400 Myth like 108 Soldiery. (I can grind though, I suppose.)

[edit] Oh the chick in Revenants sells it. I wasn't aware it was for seals though. I will double check...

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Feenix posted:

Who even sells Darklight? I may have to check that out...

And to the other poster... I was saving my tomes for other stuff.. I only have 400 Myth like 108 Soldiery. (I can grind though, I suppose.)

[edit] Oh the chick in Revenants sells it. I wasn't aware it was for seals though. I will double check...

I think they moved Darklight to GC vendors, but I can't log in to check atm.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I'm pretty sure you can't buy Darklight anymore and it only drops from Dungeons.

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~

orange juche posted:

Can darklight gear be purchased for seals now?

No.

Feenix posted:

Who even sells Darklight?

No one sells it anymore as of 2.2. It drops from the "expert" dungeons (Brayflox HM, Halatali HM, Lost City of Amdapor), albeit in loot tables that are bloated with the 2-star crafting mats in the case of the left-hand side pieces.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Copycat Zero posted:

No.

No one sells it anymore as of 2.2. It drops from the "expert" dungeons (Brayflox HM, Halatali HM, Lost City of Amdapor), albeit in loot tables that are bloated with the 2-star crafting mats in the case of the left-hand side pieces.

Wow that is dumb as poo poo.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

The stuff you can buy with (myth) tomes is i90 compared to darklight i70 though, so that advice is perfectly valid for raising your ilevels.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Is there a way to use the steam version of the game without actually buying it through steam? I assume the answer is no, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.
I'm almost i90 on my 2nd class and I haven't even seen a darklight armor piece drop. :negative:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Clocks posted:

The stuff you can buy with (myth) tomes is i90 compared to darklight i70 though, so that advice is perfectly valid for raising your ilevels.

It's unequivocally better, but the problem is that Myth tomes do not drop at the same rate as Philo did originally.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Is there a way to use the steam version of the game without actually buying it through steam? I assume the answer is no, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

The Steam version is just the regular version installed through your Steam client. All the patching still goes through SE's servers.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Galaga Galaxian posted:

quote:

Nope, there isn't. Imagine it from Steam's perspective. You would register a game you haven't bought through them, that made them no money, but use their infrastructure to download a 10GB client, presumably more than once. Contrary to popular belief, server space and traffic come at a price :)

From a Square Enix rep on reddit.

Of course people called him out on that since Valve has no problems allowing publishers giving away keys for the game. It's just Square Enix being greedy.

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1y8by6/ffxivs_on_steam/cfi891z?context=3

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Just register FFXIV as a non-steam game. You get 99% of the functionality.

Kuai
May 25, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DhChYtO368&feature=youtu.be
:stare:

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Looks like nippon loves the Manderville about as much as SomethingAwful.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

I seriously hope the Demon Brick cosplayer keeps showing up to these events because until somebody makes a Fat Chocobo costume nobody is going to beat that.

Shaezerus fucked around with this message at 08:48 on May 3, 2014

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.

Shaezerus posted:

I seriously hope the Demon Brick cosplayer keeps showing up to these events because until somebody makes a Fat Chocobo costume nobody is going to beat that.

The one Paladin costume was pretty drat detailed.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

orange juche posted:

It's unequivocally better, but the problem is that Myth tomes do not drop at the same rate as Philo did originally.

This isn't a problem.

Bulk Slabhead
Oct 18, 2013

Mr. Nice! posted:

This isn't a problem.

It kind of is when the loot tables for the expert dungeons are so bloated with all the darklight stuff and the crafting stuff and the new gear that it takes forever to get anything halfway decent. Fix the loot drops from the new dungeons and this won't be a problem imo.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The crafting stuff for the most part can be either used to craft ilevel 70 gear (which most crafters will do for free) or flip on the market immediately to buy the gear. Most ilevel 70 stuff is selling for less than 70-80 grand a piece on gilgamesh, and that is probably dropping with the dropping costs of ilevel 90 crafted. The darklight stuff you can't use is easily turned in for seals to buy mats to make ilevel 70 stuff or just sell it on the market board.

It doesn't make sense to drop myth right now at the 2.1 philo rate. That would basically make everything from 50-90 pointless, and it isn't.

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012
Since the soundtrack is now out - is the music that plays in garlean castrums/camps included? I love that particular one.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
I'm sure myth will flow like water in 2.3. Philo only came at super easy levels in 2.1. So make money selling myth mats now, because I'm sure that market will crash come 2.3 like the philo mat market did before it.

Gally fucked around with this message at 06:23 on May 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

A big thanks to everyone that helped me take down Titan HM last night. I have a brand new Thyrus, which means only 900 more tomes, and I can start grinding for atma with everyone else!

:negative:

• Locked thread