Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Has this been posted yet because it makes me very happy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD448x8iitk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Kimmalah posted:

The Hexer's Hood increases your casts by 10% and adds +1 int/fth, so really you'd just be losing 1 point in those stats. I think when my attunement hit 35 or so, I ended up with 4 casts of soul spear. And I had two of them, so I could get up to 8 casts out of it.

That's not so bad then. Thinking about it though, since my faith is relatively low (40 to 24), I may just swap the lightning spear out for the soul spear, and once I get attunement higher, put in a healing miracle to round things out, and save my dark chime for great resonant soul exclusively.

e: What's that armor Captain Onion's wearing?

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 02:11 on May 3, 2014

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

I want to wear the xanthous set but my cast speed would go from 319 to 254 :(

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Kimmalah posted:

Well it's also been out long enough that a lot of people are probably either respeccing or or starting new characters. I don't know why that seems so weird?

It's actually because magic is extremely powerful in this game.

When you're a hexer, you have access to three types of magical damage. Great Resonant Soul alone will rip off over 1200 HP in one go no sweat. They resist Dark? No problem, you can also cast Wrath of God.

Well, unless they have Great Magic Barrier, but not everyone does.

Graviija
Apr 26, 2008

Implied, Lisa...or implode?
College Slice
So what's a good endgame-ish sword for a 40Str/20Dex type guy? Been running a claymore for forever, and while it's still good, I think I'm due for an upgrade.

And yes, it needs to be a sword. I know I can use the great club and other great hammers, but swords are cooler.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012

Tallgeese posted:

It's actually because magic is extremely powerful in this game.

Once you're in the mid-game. I reached Belfry Luna and it's been nothing but Magic Arrow, Greater Magic Arrow, Heavy Greater Hyper Super Magic Arrow, Magic Arrow with Mustard, Magic Arrow with Ketchup...

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

NihilVerumNisiMors posted:

Once you're in the mid-game. I reached Belfry Luna and it's been nothing but Magic Arrow, Greater Magic Arrow, Heavy Greater Hyper Super Magic Arrow, Magic Arrow with Mustard, Magic Arrow with Ketchup...

Well, there's also the problem of lag. This thread alone is abound with stories of hits registering several seconds after the animation, et cetera et cetera.

Projectiles are easily the worst culprits of that.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

NihilVerumNisiMors posted:

Well, most of the fancier spells have gently caress all for casts so you aren't missing much.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

LmaoTheKid posted:

This is incredible.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

RBA Starblade posted:

e: What's that armor Captain Onion's wearing?

It's one of the Throne duo's.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

LmaoTheKid posted:

I started watching this and then I couldn't stop

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

LmaoTheKid posted:

I wish I was that good at Fashion Souls.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Graviija posted:

So what's a good endgame-ish sword for a 40Str/20Dex type guy? Been running a claymore for forever, and while it's still good, I think I'm due for an upgrade.

And yes, it needs to be a sword. I know I can use the great club and other great hammers, but swords are cooler.

Pursuer's Greatsword is one of the best boss weapons out of the box and does really stupid damage when you upgrade it. Curved Dragon Greatsword is really good too. both require 30 str and 18 dex I believe.

pogothemonkey0
Oct 13, 2005

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
That video is amazing. It doesn't have quite the same rhythm as https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I6fmvp37TU but it's still great. I loved him dancing through the shrine of amana without getting hit.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Dragonrider's bow is also an extremely solid bow at the point of the game you can get it, nothing even comes close except maybe a heavily upgraded sea bow, and they aren't that common.

I just wish the old dragonrider's spear was better, it's such a cool weapon :sigh:

Lord Yod
Jul 22, 2009

Is 1.25m SM too high for bellbros? I have yet to get summoned once.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

So what's the best bow to turn into a lightning bow or something if you don't have any dex? I'm a str+faith character.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Lord Yod posted:

Nah, I'm floating around that mark and getting summoned pretty regularily.
Just equip the ring and go do something else somewhere where the Covenant mark in the top left is blinking.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

So what's the best bow to turn into a lightning bow or something if you don't have any dex? I'm a str+faith character.

Not much point, honestly. Just use the bow to pull enemies and then throw lightning at them.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

So how does a caster kill the Executioner's Chariot? I've killed the necromancers and skeletons but I can't hit the chariot without it running me over.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Bobnumerotres posted:

All bows need some dex, 12 is the lowest and 25 is the highest. Dragonrider's is not good for enchanting to lightning since it already does magic. The Sea bow might be something to have a look at, or maybe the composite bow.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

dis astranagant posted:

So how does a caster kill the Executioner's Chariot? I've killed the necromancers and skeletons but I can't hit the chariot without it running me over.

The same way everyone else kills him, you get to the lever and pull it.

tRIDAV
Jul 10, 2001

Oh, cruel fates, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee.

dis astranagant posted:

You're missing a step between killing the necromancers and trying to kill the chariot that's still spinning around the arena.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Last time I plinked him with great arrows til the horse fell in the hole.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Now that is some serious commitment to a bad idea.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Ignimbrite posted:

All bows need some dex, 12 is the lowest and 25 is the highest. Dragonrider's is not good for enchanting to lightning since it already does magic. The Sea bow might be something to have a look at, or maybe the composite bow.

In Dark Souls 1 the composite bow was the best for low dex, guess I'll look into that.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Mzbundifund posted:

Guide to Rushing Belfry Luna for Hosts in a Hurry: (bellbros don't read, ok?)

When you first enter Belfry Luna you'll see a huge pile of puppet corpses with a hole in the wall above it. You can see a room through this hole. You can access this room by dropping through a hole on the second floor. The first thing you want to do when entering luna is to rush to the second floor. If you haven't been invaded yet, keep going. If you have, drop into the hole into that room. This room has one exit. Wait by it. The invader will drop through the hole behind you into the room you're in, at which point you can barrel out, back up the stairs, and reach the boss door (or bell lever) before the invader(s) can catch up to you. You can slow them down more by leaving long-duration pyromancies behind you like poison fog or lingering flame - most players will hesitate before rushing through those things, and since you aren't here to fight, that's all you need.

edit: P.S. wear the cat ring because otherwise you'll take a little falling damage from dropping through the hole.

Holy poo poo thanks for this! Breezed through and beat the boss on the first try. Now the real fun begins :getin:

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...
Just finished the game, and all I gotta say is...what the gently caress?

I like how every game in the boss after the smelter demon has been 1-shot 1-kill chump (all solo, no summons, not even npcs). I went through multiple zones without dying a single time. This game is easy as gently caress compared to Dark Souls 1. I spent hours at a time as a human because...I just wasn't dying. Maybe one stupid death by rolling off a cliff or a 1 hit KO move (ogres...), but beyond that, a total cakewalk.

Box wine
Apr 6, 2005

ah crap

dis astranagant posted:

Last time I plinked him with great arrows til the horse fell in the hole.

Did you have 2 summons and they danced around this one part of the wall while you did this?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

What is with people invading in King's Passage with invisible weapons?

Two times in a row, one with Washing Pole and one with Moonlight Greatsword. Sheesh. I didn't think a no bonfire run would be that simple.

As an aside, grinding for lewellyn Armor is driving me mad. I have three copies of the chest.

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

"Quoting, like smoking, is a dirty habit to which I am devoted."
Got disconnected from online play due to Steam servers going down for like the fourth time today. The thread title should be 'Dark Souls II: Are we really better off without GFWL?"

Domattee
Mar 5, 2012

No Bonfire run is turning out pretty straightforward so far, although doing it NG+ after a bunch of invasions with the entire funpolice chasing me was a mistake.

Nezkar
Nov 6, 2012

tRIDAV posted:

You're missing a step between killing the necromancers and trying to kill the chariot that's still spinning around the arena.

or are you? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4NYf0S6FnA

Nezkar fucked around with this message at 03:07 on May 3, 2014

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Box wine posted:

Did you have 2 summons and they danced around this one part of the wall while you did this?

No, did it solo. Didn't take that long as I could get 2 or 3 shots for some ok damage every pass.

This time I hosed up and forgot that the necromancers don't respawn after the boss fight. I was only over there in hopes of a lizard staff :saddowns:

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 03:06 on May 3, 2014

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

Azzents posted:

Got disconnected from online play due to Steam servers going down for like the fourth time today. The thread title should be 'Dark Souls II: Are we really better off without GFWL?"

I'd take Steam servers any day of the week. GFWL was terrible.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Lord Yod posted:

I was around 1 million when I had the best luck getting matches in Iron Keep.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

LmaoTheKid posted:

What armor is that swank chestpiece?

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy

Azzents posted:

Out of curiosity, did you play Dark Souls 1 on PC? GFWL had loads of downtime, and connections would fail just as often as they would succeed. At least with DS2 you can consistently connect to other people's games when the servers are up.

Domattee
Mar 5, 2012

Keep in mind that the game's been out a week. As the population drops wait times and connection issues are going to rise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
^Why could connection issues rise? Wait times sure, but with less players straining the serves, I would think there would be less connection issues, not more.

Cowcaster posted:

What armor is that swank chestpiece?

That's Throne Defender's Armor, you can buy it from the armor merchant in Majula after you've defeated him.

Azzents posted:

You never played much DS1 PC, did you? GFWL was awful. Down all the time, and when it was up it would fail to connect you 99% of the time. I'd often sift through a whole room of player signs and MAYBE be lucky for one to actually not fail. The netcode was also even worse, believe it or not.

So uh... yes. We most certainly are better off without GFWL. :v: