Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
The past 3 weeks of Jeopardy have left me convinced that all overly-polite Midwestern women are trivia savants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Oh my god Aimee from tonight's episode, marry me

Although I didn't like her buzzer skills/placement.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dan Patrick to host sports Jeopardy for crackle

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

GhostStalker posted:

Yeah, I just saw as well... drat, guess I'll have to wait to see who she was referring to...

I guess it was probably Julia? She's up to seven days now. It's pretty crazy that just the third and fourth women to ever break 5 games have been in the same month.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

wa27 posted:

I guess it was probably Julia? She's up to seven days now. It's pretty crazy that just the third and fourth women to ever break 5 games have been in the same month.

Yeah, maybe. The head contestant coordinator mentioned quite a streak too, and doing the math between what she mentioned and when my episode is to air, if Julia is the woman she was referring to, then this is about the right time for her streak to be running.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

When your interview story is telling us that you write "adult fiction" uh maybe consider a different story

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Julia Collins has now won more games than any other woman, and the fourth-most overall (behind Ken Jennings, David Madden, and Arthur Chu).

This also makes 21 (I think) days of consecutive female champions. This season really has been something.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Double posting because the 2-week Battle of the Decades final begins on Monday, and we have matchups!

Monday, May 5 – Quarterfinal 1
- Robin Carroll (’90s) Atlanta, Ga.
- Roger Craig (’00s) Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Leszek Pawlowicz (’80s) Flagstaff, Ariz.

Tuesday, May 6 – Quarterfinal 2
- Pam Mueller (’90s) Princeton, N.J.
- Tom Nosek (’80s) Torrance, Calif.
- Russ Schumacher (’00s) Fort Collins, Colo.

Wednesday, May 7 – Quarterfinal 3
- Mark Lowenthal (’80s) Reston, Va.
- Dan Pawson (’00s) Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Brad Rutter (’90s) Los Angeles, Calif.

Thursday, May 8 – Quarterfinal 4
- Tom Cubbage (’80s) Arlington, Va.
- Ken Jennings (’00s) Seattle, Wash.
- Rachael Schwartz (’90s) Mountain View, Calif.

Friday, May 9 – Quarterfinal 5
- Colby Burnett (’00s) Chicago, Ill.
- Mark Dawson (’90s) Chamblee, Ga.
- Chuck Forrest (’80s) Rome, Italy

I get the strong feeling we're gonna see Jennings and Rutter in the final, with Rutter as the champ.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

A shameful Spider-Man plug.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

:lol: the review over the break put the game away for Julia.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

SPORTS!

JEOPARDY! SPORTS!

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Am I a horrible person for laughing at them all not getting "full figured"?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

wa27 posted:

:lol: the review over the break put the game away for Julia.

That was brutal. Poor LaWanda. But yay Julia, 10 day champ...who now gets to take 2 weeks off.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

jscolon2.0 posted:

Am I a horrible person for laughing at them all not getting "full figured"?

all of them knew it none of them wanted to ring in and say it.

crikster
Jul 13, 2012

start today
Who is you dream Celebrity Jeopardy line up?
1 Isaac Asimov
2 Bill Clinton
3 Trey Parker

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Man, that game was pretty crazy for Roger Craig. Interesting wagers at the end, too.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

wa27 posted:

Man, that game was pretty crazy for Roger Craig. Interesting wagers at the end, too.

Don't forget that they take 4 wild cards to the next round, so the 0 wager for Leszek makes sense. $15k should give him a good chance of advancing.

Anyone else think today's BOTD board was easier than the others?

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
What kind of alleged champions don't know the work of Harris Wittels?

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

zakharov posted:

Don't forget that they take 4 wild cards to the next round, so the 0 wager for Leszek makes sense. $15k should give him a good chance of advancing.

Anyone else think today's BOTD board was easier than the others?

Yeah I knew a good 80% of them, so either I got way loving smarter, or this was pretty easy for ToC-level game.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

zakharov posted:

Ah, right. Craig's wager was smart, too, then.

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010
It would be nice if there was a surprise at the end of the tournament. The surprise: the two winners must play Watson again.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Tom was doing pretty well early, but then fell apart halfway through Double Jeopardy. Too bad he didn't think to bet small so he could've gotten in on a Wild Card spot. Pam has a good chance there, though.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

I am rooting for Pam, and I swear it's not just because she's cute. Nice burn on Aaron Sorkin, and I can't believe I finally got a BOTD FJ right.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

zakharov posted:

I am rooting for Pam, and I swear it's not just because she's cute. Nice burn on Aaron Sorkin, and I can't believe I finally got a BOTD FJ right.

She reminds me so much of my sister-in-law. I'm rooting for her too.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Dear god Brad's sitcom sounds terrible.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Dear god Brad's sitcom sounds terrible.

Hopefully he's the 'Dre of his League.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

After that beatdown I will consider us robbed if we don't get Jennings vs Rutter III.

Edit: I got FJ immediately and cannot believe that none of them did.

zakharov fucked around with this message at 00:27 on May 8, 2014

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS
Was Dan wearing a Mockingjay pin?

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Man, Ken Jennings really cleaned up this game, as expected. Blitzed through the last category of Double Jeopardy, added to his lead spectacularly there, over $30k. That first Daily Double with the county bordering France took him a while but he made it at the end. And the repartee he had for the Charles Shultz answer with Alex was great as well. Still, everyone in the negatives right at the beginning after missing a few clues was strange to see.

Tom looks like he'll take a Wild Card, maybe.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

So what's what, Jennings, Craig, and Rutter now?

Do...

Do they all get to play against each other? :unsmigghh:

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Dear god, KJ hasn't lost a step. Rutter is the only one who can possibly take him down.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Is Colby tonight?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Yes.

Chuck Forrest/Mark Dawson/Colby Burnett

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

CaligulaKangaroo posted:

Was Dan wearing a Mockingjay pin?

Stephanie Jass, one of the first round competitors, is a Hunger Games fan and wore the pin for her game - when she lost she gave it to Dan but turns out the odds were not in his favor either.

Tonight's match should be fantastic (love Colby) but I want to see a Roger/Brad/Ken final so bad...

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I know you all probably are doing it anyway but follow Ken Jennings on Twitter if you don't already. Dude's fuckin' hilarious. Makes some amazingly off-color jokes for a Mormon, too.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

The Midniter posted:

I know you all probably are doing it anyway but follow Ken Jennings on Twitter if you don't already. Dude's fuckin' hilarious. Makes some amazingly off-color jokes for a Mormon, too.

Last night he apologized for not getting the "sabotage" answer

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

ElwoodCuse posted:

Last night he apologized for not getting the "sabotage" answer

He better have, that was a ridiculously easy end of category question.

Screen Door Slams
Jan 27, 2014

Michael Pineda just couldn't stay healthy...
:allears: God, Colby is the best.

e: WOOOO COLBY STILL MADE IT!

Screen Door Slams fucked around with this message at 00:27 on May 10, 2014

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

What a finish. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Pretty much everyone advanced that I wanted to advance. The matchups next week should be amazing. Colby finally loses a game but still advances - he's charmed!