Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nweismuller
Oct 11, 2012

They say that he who dies with the most Opil wins.

I am winning.

Poil posted:

WHA??? No bandits and now no chocolate? What the hell is going on here? :stare:

It would appear that somebody who wanted us dead earlier has been dealt with, somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.
Swords and Swimming, also put that sword practice to use at the tournament.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Poil posted:

WHA??? No bandits and now no chocolate? What the hell is going on here? :stare:

I understand the chocolates, but I don't quite get why the bandits didn't show up.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

No chocolates?! Now we don't know if 29+79 Production+Trade would be enough to know better! :tinfoil:

Study Swords and Reflexes, then enter the Fencing competition! And wear our lovely tabard, of course. :sparkles:

nweismuller posted:

It would appear that somebody who wanted us dead earlier has been dealt with, somehow.

But did we kill him, agree to marry him, hire her, make a choice that he or she approved of...? And were the bandits assassins sent by the same person (who is now dead, engaged, employed, or appeased), or were they really bandits and some other decision caused them to not attack us?

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!
Let's do fencing at the tournament! But, we already know enough swordplay to best almost any opponent, and the crowds wouldn't like it if we completely trounced everyone. What we really need to focus on is swimming.

MegaZeroX posted:

Also, please edit your post if you change your vote. I usually don't tally them up until I close voting, or an hour before voting closes at the very earliest.

Sorry about that. :sweatdrop:

edit: We should keep the tabard on until after the tournament, at which point let's switch back to the military uniform.

Hedera Helix fucked around with this message at 01:37 on May 3, 2014

FelistheIdiot
Dec 10, 2011

nweismuller posted:

Possibly a somebody who was at the party, or would have been offended by Elodie's absence from it?

Finish up swords, and considering we are presumably completely inept at every other activity, the queen to be shall work her sword arm.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

The fact nobody is trying to kill us is more worrying than people trying to kill us.

Swords and Reflexes, then participate in sword fightin'.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Hedera Helix posted:

Sorry about that. :sweatdrop:

Don't sweat it. I had meant to mention it last update, but forgot. Besides, with your vote, I had actually already counted your vote by that point.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Hm. Interesting. I doubt very much that the poison and the bandits are related to the same person (if the bandits were indeed the work of a specific individual rather than a reflection of the state of Nova's public), but I would attribute both of their disappearances pretty broadly to how much better Nova's general management and stability has been this runthrough.

Swords, Swim, and Swordfight!

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Max out :hist101:, and use our newfound mastery of stabbing people to death to perform in the Fencing competition

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

nweismuller posted:

Swordsx2, Fencing.

This most definitely. Let's show the rabble how a real noble fights.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Swords and Reflexes, then show them off by Fencing.

Warrior-wizard-queen Elodie needs to prove herself to her people.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Sword and reflexes. Wielding a blade is all well and good but dodging is also important in these things. Archery would have been a different matter...

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Munin posted:

Sword and reflexes. Wielding a blade is all well and good but dodging is also important in these things. Archery would have been a different matter...

If Dark Souls has taught me anything it is that killing them first is more important than staying alive :colbert:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Max out swords, then let's Show off our mad fencing skills at the tournament.

Bookworm
Apr 22, 2014
Study Swords x2 and enter the Fencing tournament.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Sword it up.

Compete at fencing.

Keep wearing the tabard until sword maxes out, at which point switch back to the tux.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Swimming x2 and fencing.

e: and continue to wear the Tabard.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 01:29 on May 3, 2014

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
Welp, I was wrong, and we can get swords for fencing. Thus, I saw Swords x1 for the day of the tournament, then Swimming x1.

Obviously, we'll be fencing

We're poo poo out of luck if we go for the tux

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
Swords then reflexes.

I'll go with the fencing response for the tournament.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
Swords, Swimming, Fencing, Tabard.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Sword and climbing Death to tuxes

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Ferrosol posted:

Sword and climbing Death to tuxes
Death and Tuxes - Let's Play Long Live the Queen

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
Swords, Reflexes,
Fencing,
Wear the tabard.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
You know, maybe we aren't getting attacked because we're badass super warrior princess and everybody thinks they'll die an awful and torturous death if they even think about attacking us. Like, we're probably infamous for our super awesome magic defense, it could be that the people think we can read their MINDS

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Sydin posted:

Might as well. As if people weren't in awe of Elodie already.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Sydin posted:

This works for me.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Swords and Swimming
We shall, under the cover of darkness, swim to Anime King's boat and stab him in his sleep. Muhahaha!

Show off your fencin' skills, girl!
Everyone gotta check out how kickin' rad we are.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Sydin posted:

I was going to write something, but honestly, it was going to be this, so I might as well just quote it. Also, of course, keep the tabard, as it is in the spirit of swords.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Oh, if we're going to win at fencing I'd like to do it as a magical girl. Make those peasants really feel the shame.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Sword until the peasants are impressed by swording.

Wear the sword garb unless maxed.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Swords and reflexes Stay with the tabart. fence around.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Aww it finally happened. Quote is not edit.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Note that no one sent us the pillow either. I am so very confused. Also double swords.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Let's start with bandits.
Who knew we were coming to the party(only named characters count)? Besides our secretive hidden lumen minister and her lumen daughter? Then again I don't see what kind of motive either of them would have if we hadn't hired her...

Candy- it was sent from a non-existant merchant house. I doubt a commoner would be able to send anything to the palace, so that leaves it to nobles. Did we offend any merchants at any point? I think last time we raised taxes, that might have been the reason.

Pillow- what's the deal with the pillow anyway?

Regallion fucked around with this message at 08:59 on May 3, 2014

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
The pillow was explicitly from Arisse, because we were marrying Adair, her grandson.

My private theory is that our aunt, the lady whom non-native snakes mysteriously appear around, wanted us dead, but due to her new court appointment, no longer has the desire/social connections to inconspicuously arrange "accidents" for us. The text at Gwenelle's party said her social power had been greatly lowered when people discovered she was a Lumen.
She has an excellent reason to want us dead, as well; her husband is our current heir, and in the event of our death, she would be Queen-Consort, and Charlotte would become the heir to the throne.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Oh wait so she had the means and one hell of a motive? I am going to peg her for both chocolates and bandits then, unless someone can prove otherwise.

Why is giving away a pillow a cruel test anyway? Gift-giving isn't typically a bad thing...

Well it's less social power and more of like influence. Connected: Society if you will.

And you don't need either to hire bandits or send chocolates anyway.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Max out swords, then agility if we have something left. And let's show them our moves (in fencing) at the tournament.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

DmitriX posted:

Oh wait so she had the means and one hell of a motive? I am going to peg her for both chocolates and bandits then, unless someone can prove otherwise.

Why is giving away a pillow a cruel test anyway? Gift-giving isn't typically a bad thing...

Well it's less social power and more of like influence. Connected: Society if you will.

And you don't need either to hire bandits or send chocolates anyway.

It's not cruel to the person you gave the pillow to, it's cruel to the person who gave you the pillow in the first place. If I give you a present and you regift it to someone else straight away, I'm going to be a bit annoyed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

If we're going to be fencing then our Swords are just fine, but we do need 2x reflexes to have any chance at making it.

• Locked thread