Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
PSA: Death From the Trees now works like IW's Storm of Spheres in that you can only have one patch active; recasting it despawns any active patches.

On the other hand it procs squirrels like loving bonkers, easily 0-30 in under 10 seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
DFTT always worked like that.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Kelp Plankton posted:

Yeah, it's not a bad idea to gear up defensively here and there. I know everyone loves bigger damage numbers(i do), but especially with things like Raids looming on the horizon it's not a bad idea to be able to survive getting hit a few times.

It's also worth noting that costume HP affixes are the biggest single source of HP in the game, since you can get up to 4.7k HP from them, so they are the most obvious choice for where to get extra HP.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Lemon Curdistan posted:

It's also worth noting that costume HP affixes are the biggest single source of HP in the game, since you can get up to 4.7k HP from them, so they are the most obvious choice for where to get extra HP.

But it's also the biggest single source of CDR since you can get 4k, so that should mean it's the most obvious choice where to get that too?

It really depends on your hero, gear, and playstyle. For someone I want to primarily run cosmics, I will tend to favor CDR because bosses are going to kill you in 2 hits anyways (sometimes less). Being mobile is the key to surviving because the damage is too high to take many hits at all.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

alansmithee posted:

But it's also the biggest single source of CDR since you can get 4k, so that should mean it's the most obvious choice where to get that too?

It really depends on your hero, gear, and playstyle. For someone I want to primarily run cosmics, I will tend to favor CDR because bosses are going to kill you in 2 hits anyways (sometimes less). Being mobile is the key to surviving because the damage is too high to take many hits at all.

Well if you're melee being able to take a few hits of cosmic/poison cloud/ fire wall etc can help. Or Magneto's shield.

PoultryHammock
Oct 23, 2011

Cerepol posted:

Well if you're melee being able to take a few hits of cosmic/poison cloud/ fire wall etc can help. Or Magneto's shield.

That's the chief reason most people don't run melee in cosmics. You have to run away constantly to heal back up, while you are doing that, you are putting out zero DPS. Its why the characters with DoTs, Ranged, and those with fire and forget type powers are head and shoulders above melee'ers in end game, they still have to run away, only they can still be putting out top tier DPS while doing it.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
This event did get me thinking that a daily reward sort of thing could help them maintain a playerbase. I'm not thinking something like this week where it was raining random items, but something like a daily lottery ticket. The rewards could be little things, like three eternity splinters, or an extra one or two Odin marks, or something like that. The sorts of things that take less than thirty minutes of gameplay. It could even have a very small chance of dropping a costume or character token, just to keep everyone logging in for it. It would be just enough to have people continually log in and keep the game in their heads, not to mention seeing the welcome screen with game news.

Otherwise, running the events they've been running every so often is pretty awesome, anyway.

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

The biggest survivability boost you can get right now without spending credits or compromising gear is a 2k+ health Juggernaut medallion. I can't think of any character where your build hinges on the perfect medallion so much that you couldn't just toss on a Jugg medallion for harder content and call it a day.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Lux Aeterna posted:

The biggest survivability boost you can get right now without spending credits or compromising gear is a 2k+ health Juggernaut medallion. I can't think of any character where your build hinges on the perfect medallion so much that you couldn't just toss on a Jugg medallion for harder content and call it a day.

Juggernaught medallions are just gonzo now. 2k+ health, +1 Dur, invuln proc... Good for pretty much anyone.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

WarLocke posted:

Savage Claw on LMB
Squirrel Twirl on A (trash AOE)
Nutcracker on S (single-target spender)
Dive Bomb on D (positioning/AOE)
CC break on F
Forestwalk on RMB

Could probably put Squirrel Special Forces and maybe Hulkbusters on the bar too, I basically just run around and melee guys and get 'free' squirrel procs that do more damage and also make me tougher.

But I just tried this out today, so it's in no way theorycrafted or optimized.

Ranged petmaster SG works but I got tired of having to hit Squirrel Friends every 8 seconds. I mean there's nothing wrong with it, I just found it monotonous.

Cool, thanks. What passives are you running?

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

Got miself a nice little earner, isn't it

WarLocke posted:

Juggernaught medallions are just gonzo now. 2k+ health, +1 Dur, invuln proc... Good for pretty much anyone.

Swapping between hydra medallion and cosmic juggs medallion during xdef on my TM has been working pretty well

Ellaybee
Jun 17, 2005

I thought sometime recently someone had posted a pretty nice guide/overview for NC that included powers, artifacts, gear, and maybe as much as affixes, etc, but I've gone back about 30+ pages and can't find it. I've been playing JG for a while and steamrolling things but I think it's time to start fuzzy-elfing.

Anyone either have a link to that post/know its author, or would any NC pros want to throw their opinions out here? I'd much appreciate it.

Invader Zym
Sep 19, 2002
I have enough eggs left over from Easter to buy one unique from Beast before he goes away. I don't really need money or ghost box stuff, so which one should I get? I don't have any characters who could use any of them at the moment, so which one is most likely to be useful in the future?

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
How to Cable:
Remember that Cable is not only a badass future-man war veteran, but he's also the son of Jean Grey and a badass telekinetic in his own right.

Skills:
MAX
Energy Pulse (basic)
Psychic Haze (right click)
Kinetic Repulsion
Psychokinetic Barrier
Telekinetic Mastery
Dynamic Aura (or vigilant if you need the survivability)

1pt:
Vet Warrior
Techno-Organic Reconstruction
Bodyslide
Eye of Weakness
Vortex Grenade
Mental Resilience

Gear:
Artifacts:

Adv Wicked Wand (mental and ranged DR ~600 total)
Headband (~600 mental DR)
Gem of the Kursed (little bit of this, little bit of that)
Adv Kree (between haze and grenade you will always apply slow also it lets me see dots on minimap and i really really like that)

Other Options:
HoD (if you don't have Kree/Adv Wand or if you don't have enough crit/brutal)
Pluv (if poor)
Hulkbuster (maybe swap for Kree)

Runeword:
Bowazon or RoS (vigilant aura allows me to drop RoS)

Relic:
Lemuria (gotta get that hp somehow)

Medallion:
Wizard (massive ranged/mental DR, can get you up to 1050 total)
Doom (DR, hp, spirit, and duration. Use this if you are having spirit issues as the duration will be a big boost to dots)

Costume Core:
I run a dual proc (invul/25%) core currently, but an invul/life leech core might be better
I currently have all Crit Damage affixes and run at 15k hp
Depending on gear, you may want to focus more on hp affixes

Insig:
OGrady or Kitty Pryde

Slot 1:
Anti-Metal Ammunition (massive Brutal DR, Brutal Rating, Crit Rating, and crit DR)
or
Hyper Viper Beam (this will do until you find AMA)

Slot 2:
Cable unique bodysuit (can roll more than 3.5k hp and +2 to all)
or
Ock arms (if you can afford the hp, these will buff most of your powers)

Slot 3:
Here I use a cosmic. Look for power duration, hp, and spirit

Slot 4:
Ninja Tabi (best slot 4)
or
Cosmic boots with spirit, hp, and +skills

Slot 5:
Techno-Organic Virus Inhibitor (+6 to Psionic tree, power duration, -%spirit to psionic tree)

How to play:

First of all, you can teleport why the gently caress are you walking?
Always be bodysliding. This will help you avoid damage and also reposition yourself to best make use of KR and Barrier

Keep KR up at all times. This is not a defensive skill, you will be doing a good portion of your damage by getting in close range with this skill.

What I do to take out packs is just hit them with haze, teleport into group (here I'll drop a barrier against blues) and walk (or teleport) a little circle and collect loot as they die around me.

Against bosses, you drop a VG to slow them down, keep KR and up and a healthy layer of barriers beneath them and bodyslide around them pumping them full of future bullets.

I've never written a guide before to let me know what other kind of information you guys want to know.

Rufio fucked around with this message at 23:31 on May 3, 2014

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Hrm, so I appear to have been refunded $10 I spent on a costume the other day. Today I suddenly had 10 extra dollars, and when I check my transaction there's no history. It just shows me spending the 5 I put in for Taskmaster. Did Gaz or Steam accidentally gently caress up on something then refund me completely or what? I have no e-mail from any of them. loving weird.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Lechtansi posted:

Cool, thanks. What passives are you running?

Right now I have all of her passives maxed and 1 point in everything else. It's not in any way optimized, I just do it that way while leveling new characters so I can play around with powers with everything being at relatively the same power level.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
This is brought up every couple of pages but I can't find it recently. People sell codes for G at a cheaper price than the store, right? Where should I look and how much should I expect to pay?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Hey guys I made a post about Hulk, you all should read it and maybe hit agree if you like it or even post other ideas for a Hulk rework:

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/1139505/#Comment_1139505

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Flameingblack posted:

This is brought up every couple of pages but I can't find it recently. People sell codes for G at a cheaper price than the store, right? Where should I look and how much should I expect to pay?

eBay or the nVidia forums. They go for $8-$12 or thereabouts.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
And you can only use 1 per account

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

WarLocke posted:

I honestly want to reply to nickhimself's post about boost cycles with just a bunch of links to threads where people are whining that it's over now.

I see you actually did.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Thinking of getting into this, and Cable is my favorite comic character. Is it worth paying to play him if I end up liking the game (aka is he any good)?

Arram Daywalker
Sep 30, 2013

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Thinking of getting into this, and Cable is my favorite comic character. Is it worth paying to play him if I end up liking the game (aka is he any good)?

He is very fun. Much more TK oriented than shooty dangerman.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I rather like the Oculous Oroborous since it applies to the grenade field. I'm pretty sure his slot 5 unique shows dots on the minimap so you don't need the Hyper-optics.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!

StashAugustine posted:

I rather like the Oculous Oroborous since it applies to the grenade field. I'm pretty sure his slot 5 unique shows dots on the minimap so you don't need the Hyper-optics.

Slot 5 does do this, the dots on minimap was a joke. I don't use Oculous because I'd rather have the DR boost and I don't like to rely on VG for anything since it misfires so often.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Interesting.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wolverine's new resource will be the number of comic books he currently stars in.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

He can already basically run a pure-fury build that doesn't need spirit, I guess they're just straight-up embracing that.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

New resource for Wolferine: Gerber.

I couldn't be more excited.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

Eiffel On You posted:

New resource for Wolferine: Gerber.

I couldn't be more excited.

Why would 3x big wolverine use gerber?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

He can already basically run a pure-fury build that doesn't need spirit, I guess they're just straight-up embracing that.

Weird, though. It sounds like Wolverine will be the first hero to outright not have Spirit at all? I mean, that's quite a bit different than just giving him a unique mechanic.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Wolverine's new resource will be the number of comic books he currently stars in.

I get a kick out of Falcon mocking how many groups Wolverine is associated with.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Rufio posted:

Why would 3x big wolverine use gerber?

I'm going to quit the game immediately after I make him 3x big.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

WarLocke posted:

Weird, though. It sounds like Wolverine will be the first hero to outright not have Spirit at all? I mean, that's quite a bit different than just giving him a unique mechanic.

I think they must have realized that they need to make heroes more drastically different from one another than they've been doing so far, if they want everyone to be interesting and unique. Otherwise it starts being stuff like "well you could get Hulk, Thing, Colossus, Juggernaut, Strong Man, Rockslide, Molly Hayes, Skaar, Drax, or Armor but they all basically play the same so you only need one". And that's bad for business and bad for variety.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Eiffel On You posted:

I'm going to quit the game immediately after I make him 3x big.

lmao like you could quit the game for 25 straight minutes

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Kelp Plankton posted:

I think they must have realized that they need to make heroes more drastically different from one another than they've been doing so far, if they want everyone to be interesting and unique. Otherwise it starts being stuff like "well you could get Hulk, Thing, Colossus, Juggernaut, Strong Man, Rockslide, Molly Hayes, Skaar, Drax, or Armor but they all basically play the same so you only need one". And that's bad for business and bad for variety.

I'm surprised they didn't go with different spirit things diablo 3 style for the 52 updates. Or at the very least just calling it something different.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
I look forward to seeing what breaks when they try to move away from a pure health/spirit paradigm.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

I haven't played D3, but isn't gear restricted to class? MH has a lot of stuff that's cross-class, only uniques are restricted to one character. I can see why they don't wanna break away from that too much.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

I haven't played D3, but isn't gear restricted to class?

Most of it isn't, no. In fact, gear is class-independent to a much greater degree in D3 than in MH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

StashAugustine posted:

I haven't played D3, but isn't gear restricted to class? MH has a lot of stuff that's cross-class, only uniques are restricted to one character. I can see why they don't wanna break away from that too much.

Every class has at least two item types that are specific to them. But there are generic gear pieces that everyone can equip.

• Locked thread