Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

It's stab time. Let's let the next assassin be surprised by a lightning bolt to the face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

MegaZeroX posted:

Does anyone know what Kevan is going on about here?

I don't know, but... I'm beginning to wonder if something happened to Briony after she ran off. She is his neice, after all. This guy has demonstrably poor impulse control, so I wouldn't put it past him to blame us for whatever that was...

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
FRY HIS rear end

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Swords

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

I don't know, but... I'm beginning to wonder if something happened to Briony after she ran off. She is his neice, after all. This guy has demonstrably poor impulse control, so I wouldn't put it past him to blame us for whatever that was...

I forgot if they were related, but if so then this seems to be the most plausible explanation.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

MegaZeroX posted:

Does anyone know what Kevan is going on about here?

(Note: this question is going out to the people who haven't seen this event before. People who already know, don't answer this)

I never managed to figure him out. But the way he acts now and how he always (as far as I know) murders the person who wanted revenge against his awful family my guess would be that stabbing or frying him won't be a big loss to the world. Even if he has some actual real grievance he should've just manned up and told her instead of throwing tantrums like a child because Elodie isn't favoring him or completely perfect in every way and can foresee every little detail. In short, gently caress that guy and hang his corpse for the peasants to throw rocks at.

Poil fucked around with this message at 23:04 on May 3, 2014

Pompadour Diamond
Mar 21, 2013
If we die, let it be with honor. Accept.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Well, we got the kill with magic option because of a check, right? Therefore, it can't be anything bad and it is clearly the best choice!

Burn him to a crisp just by waving your hand.

Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
I wanna see sword princess stab the dude

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Force lightning his rear end. :shopkeeper:

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
BURNINATION! :flame:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Honor is for losers. I cast magic missile!

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Put that participant ribbon to good use. Accept!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Fry dat mothafucka, dueling is for losers :commissar:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Kill him with fire.

Everyone knows you don't challenge a sitting monarch or the named heir to a duel. This guy is an idiot at best.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Lasers.

I love this event.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
Kill him with magic

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
A true master swordsman knows that it's best to never use a sword.
Magic!
Do my avatar justice.

PassingPie
Aug 18, 2013

alex314 posted:

Accept but only if you revert to the save if you die. If not then fry his rear end!

I can roll with this.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!
We got Wield Magic 100 for a reason; sure, we can duel, except we've got this terrifying magic blade made of pure and searing light. Ideon Sword his dumb rear end in half.

Shaezerus fucked around with this message at 00:28 on May 4, 2014

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Kill him with fire!

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
gently caress that, he steps to us we're going to beat him on his own terms, it makes us look regal :sparkles:

Sword his rear end.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Air is lava! posted:

A true master swordsman knows that it's best to never use a sword.
Magic!
Do my avatar justice.

I think MegaZeroX should include your avatar next to anything Kevan says or does if he says or does anything after :flame:

Skyfinder
Dec 28, 2012
Magic Missle!

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Sword his rear end, if we fail, well, that's what our magic is for.

Glidergun
Mar 4, 2007

Captain Bravo posted:

gently caress that, he steps to us we're going to beat him on his own terms, it makes us look regal :sparkles:

Sword his rear end.

Haven't you been paying attention? The monarch of Nova is "supposed" to be the only Lumen left. Ain't no way to kill a dude more regally than magicing his rear end into tiny fragments.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Why are we going to get magical powers if we aren't even going to use them? fry him up good!

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Use swords.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!
Duel him with magic chains. Or possibly some other form of magic.
Oh, fine, be boring and duel him with swords instead. :rolleyes:

Hedera Helix fucked around with this message at 03:05 on May 4, 2014

SleuthDiplomacy
Sep 25, 2010
Turn him to ash. I'm surprised that there's any question here.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
This poncy noble is insulting the Witch-(Almost)Queen and challenging her to a duel over something we have no idea what's going on about? Screw him, :shopkeeper: Roast Him :shopkeeper:

nweismuller
Oct 11, 2012

They say that he who dies with the most Opil wins.

I am winning.
Incinerate the idiot.

Revdomezehis
Jul 26, 2003
OMG a Moose!

ViggyNash posted:

I forgot if they were related, but if so then this seems to be the most plausible explanation.

Looking over the images in the second post showing who is who it would seem that he is her uncle. And since Briony's mother was looking for her last week, I have to assume that she either died in or looking for the old palace. Why this is somehow Elodie's fault, who knows?

It seems kind of sad for him to lose his niece and attack you and then you having to burn him alive, but eh, what's a Queen to do. Also, Burn Him.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

zonohedron posted:

:words: about why we should kill Kevan with magic

Hmm. 90% people were voting to accept the duel, then you posted this, and now 90% are voting to burn him alive with magic. You influential, Zonhedron. Too influential. How to counter this?

With my own vote of course. Let's go and accept the duel. I mean come on guys, we need to have honor. Elodie is a good person this playthrough. She wouldn't burn someone alive for threatening her because he thought she had his "family's blood" on her hands.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Counter point: We've yet to really embrace our magical side and this playthrough has us already recruiting a coven of lumen, and not like using magic against a guy who probably wants us dead is an evil action.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
This is the magical girl Elodie playthrough, so burn the (non)witch! The peasants are watching, so let's give 'em a fireworks show.

Given the fact that Elodie was the last person who Briony and Corisande spoke to before they ran off to a dangerous forest from which no one has ever returned, I bet Kevan is blaming Elodie for the deaths of his sister and niece. That's assuming they died, which seems likely since it's a well-known forest of certain death.

Niel
Mar 5, 2013
Let's stab him.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

MegaZeroX posted:

Hmm. 90% people were voting to accept the duel, then you posted this, and now 90% are voting to burn him alive with magic. You influential, Zonhedron. Too influential. How to counter this?

With my own vote of course. Let's go and accept the duel. I mean come on guys, we need to have honor. Elodie is a good person this playthrough. She wouldn't burn someone alive for threatening her because he thought she had his "family's blood" on her hands.

It's not like he's threatening us under his breath or writing us a strongly worded letter, the guy is straight up trying to kill the entitled monarch of the Kingdom of Nova for no good reason in front of a throng of people. That isn't honorable, that's sedition.

He must die.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Super Jay Mann posted:

It's not like he's threatening us under his breath or writing us a strongly worded letter, the guy is straight up trying to kill the entitled monarch of the Kingdom of Nova for no good reason in front of a throng of people. That isn't honorable, that's sedition.

He must die.

So? Can't he die by the sword? The peasants should cheer at his death, not throw whisper about us behind our backs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

MegaZeroX posted:

On the other hand, magical fire.

Or perhaps chains of magical light with which to choke the life out of him like Elodie #2 suffered. (God what a horrid way to die. :ohdear:)

• Locked thread