Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Goddamn hubris will get you every time. This photo belongs on a museum wall.

'Icarus on Aisle Seven'

Thank you. Just thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Man, does anyone else remember Sir P Grothsmore, that kid who sued to get into Goonwaffe?

He paid 3 months worth of subscriptions on my pair of accounts when I convinced him I could get him in.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Man, does anyone else remember Sir P Grothsmore, that kid who sued to get into Goonwaffe?

Yep, he signed up under another name Margaret Thatcher, and was dumb enough to post this

Margaret Thatcher posted:

It's a naughty forum post, posted by a naughty forum user. Glad you liked it though Scooter.

e: Just stop being go aggressive guys. I'm not trying to start a fight, I just want to post here and have some fun. You guys take these shenanigans way too seriously.

e: I am not gonna post on these forums again or join goonwaffe again. PERMABAN TOXXXXX :toxx:

my other SA accounts are 'Sir P. Grothsmore' and 'Drunken Warlord'

And then, just today, he posted again in the EVE thread. Poor dumb bastard.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Dusseldorf posted:

You can find a surprising number of videos from Syria where people recreate that move using an RPG7.

That reminds me of one of my favorite part so Zach Parsons' My Tank is Fight. He is describing an ill-conceived wire-guided anti-tank rocket, to paraphrase:

"The first wire-guidance system was lauded in the Third Reich as a triumph of German engineering. Unfortunately, German engineering had yet to develop a human face that could withstand the rocket blast." It was used only a handful of times in the field, and apparently resulted in more German casualties than to anyone else.

Come to think of it, that book is a rich vein of schadenfreude.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

I've always wondered what getting hit by something like that would feel like. Maybe it's so big and quick that you can't quite process it until long after it's over, or if it's exactly as painful as it looks at the moment you feel it

Fortunately for me, I've never been curious enough to find out

An oldie but a goodie
http://youtu.be/JhuccK8eCfo

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

KoRMaK posted:

Yes but it would have prevented a segway from rolling aimlessly through the woods with a dad man leaning forward on it.

Just like a dad to roll aimlessly through the woods refusing to stop and ask for directions.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Potato Alley posted:

Just like a dad to roll aimlessly through the woods refusing to stop and ask for directions.

That's one of Dad Man's many superpowers.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

It took me 3 or 4 views to realize that the guy on the ladder (with NO safety belt, moron) isn't the only guy the tree is getting revenge on. There's that bald dude at the bottom who, at the very least, needs a new pair of underwear now.

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

Watching this really makes me appreciate the thought that licensed arborists put into doing this kind of work.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

S-Alpha posted:

Yep, he signed up under another name Margaret Thatcher, and was dumb enough to post this

And then, just today, he posted again in the EVE thread. Poor dumb bastard.

To be fair, it wasn't like his usual fare. It was even topical!

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

subhelios posted:

They grow up so fast!

(No they don't, they just become older children)

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
His OP in E/N is some sort of tragicomedy:

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Go on... :stare:

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

This is why actual professional tree surgeons cut the trees into bits that won't do this.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

It's a long, dumb story with poo poo that I don't think exists on the internet anymore aside from maybe some pastebin that has been lost to time. The short version is basically he's a dumb child who lives with his grandmother, stole her credit card to play EVE Online, heard about Goonwaffe and wanted to join so bad that he paid a 'recruiter' tens of billions in in-game money* for the privilege of joining. When he got denied and realized it was a scam, he joined SA with a bunch of accounts (using the stolen credit card again) and tried to join that way. When he was turned down for being awful, he said he was gonna get a lawyer and sue lowtax for being a con artist or something like that. And then he makes a bunch more accounts.

Okay, so that wasn't very short at all, sorry.

* You can buy something called Plex via the devs for twenty bux each, and you can sell those on the in-game market for in-game cash, with the exchange rate back then being one Plex for about 500 million. Just so you know how much money this idiot dumped.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

The Door Frame posted:

I've always wondered what getting hit by something like that would feel like. Maybe it's so big and quick that you can't quite process it until long after it's over, or if it's exactly as painful as it looks at the moment you feel it

Fortunately for me, I've never been curious enough to find out

You were hit by a car or two, its kinda like that. Suddenly you are flying through the air, then hit the ground and things start to hurt, and you wonder wtf is going on.

subhelios posted:

His posting has been pretty topical and the smack down he delivered to cerebral wolf or whatever was pretty hilarious. I would honestly rather read a post from him than Noctis horrendae or whatever his name is.

Basically a kid who was like 13 or something wanted to join goonswarm in Eve. Like S-Alpha said he stole his grandmothers credit card to pay for Eve, the ingame money, and SA accounts. He gets scammed by us (which is ok according to the rules in Eve), tries to join via SA and gets caught, and then wants to sue Lowtax.

But wait there is more!

One of the goons is on an elected player council that helps the devs get player feedback that isn't as vitriolic and stupid as the official forums posting. In fact he is the "chairman" of this council, being on the council means your irl name is released. This kid is so mad about getting scammed that he tries to find this guys info, finds his parents info thinking its his, and releases it on the Eve forums. He is subsequently banned but the nut jobbery and harassment doesn't stop. It culminates in one of the GSF people calling him and threatening to tell his grandmother on him and making him apologize. AFAIK thats what happened but it has been like a year or more since that all happened so I may have forgotten something.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
Is that where the "I'm, uh... I'm from the internet" recording comes from?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

S-Alpha posted:

It's a long, dumb story with poo poo that I don't think exists on the internet anymore aside from maybe some pastebin that has been lost to time. The short version is basically he's a dumb child who lives with his grandmother, stole her credit card to play EVE Online, heard about Goonwaffe and wanted to join so bad that he paid a 'recruiter' tens of billions in in-game money* for the privilege of joining. When he got denied and realized it was a scam, he joined SA with a bunch of accounts (using the stolen credit card again) and tried to join that way. When he was turned down for being awful, he said he was gonna get a lawyer and sue lowtax for being a con artist or something like that. And then he makes a bunch more accounts.

Okay, so that wasn't very short at all, sorry.

* You can buy something called Plex via the devs for twenty bux each, and you can sell those on the in-game market for in-game cash, with the exchange rate back then being one Plex for about 500 million. Just so you know how much money this idiot dumped.

The short story is basically any Goonwaffe scam ever, which are their own brand of schadenfreude, considering the mouth-foaming reactions you get from people in that game. This is only the tip of the iceberg.

It's a very good tip, though.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Azurrat posted:

Is that where the "I'm, uh... I'm from the internet" recording comes from?

I really don't remember most of the soundcloud but maybe. If you have a link to it pm me I couldn't find it on the GSF forums.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about
Sometimes I think about getting back into EVE and reactivating my Goonwaffe account, just to spend my spare time scamming idiot publords. I'll never actually undock a ship or blow anything up, I just love to scam.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Richard Bong posted:

You were hit by a car or two, its kinda like that. Suddenly you are flying through the air, then hit the ground and things start to hurt, and you wonder wtf is going on.

I'm pretty sure I was concussed, because I have no memories about the car hits, except that they happened at some point......

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Richard Bong posted:

I really don't remember most of the soundcloud but maybe. If you have a link to it pm me I couldn't find it on the GSF forums.

No, that YTMND was made after the Alias777 saga. The audio was Rhyme's call to Greg's (Alias's) house to tell his mom what he'd done.

bend it like baked ham
Feb 16, 2009

Fries.

Rack posted:

Stole this one from the yospos picture thread.

Is there video of this? Looks like that board is about to bean one of the bystanders in the last frames.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

Mentos Dan posted:

Is there video of this? Looks like that board is about to bean one of the bystanders in the last frames.

Wouldn't there have to be video for there to be a gif of it?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Mentos Dan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFLSldebudw&t=104s

The bystanders escaped unscathed :(

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
Is it schadenfruede to see 500 people lined up outside of a concert hall for a Mayday Parade show?

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

subhelios posted:

Wouldn't there have to be video for there to be a gif of it?

Of course not, it probably comes from a person with a still camera and a really fast finger.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013

She's a shoo-in for the Black Swan

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

I tracked down the original video to check out the aftermath but the camera operator runs to call 911 right after the gif ends instead of hanging around. Apparently he was okay.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Captain Trips posted:

Sometimes I think about getting back into EVE and reactivating my Goonwaffe account, just to spend my spare time scamming idiot publords. I'll never actually undock a ship or blow anything up, I just love to scam.

I quit the game when I realized that with an equal amount of time spent doing industrial things on an individual scale and scamming the recruitment channel I was pissing my time away doing anything but scamming people. The game basically became Evil Customer Service Chat Center Simulator.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Someone needs to edit the end of this to cut to the grande ballerina clutching her broken ankle.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

According to an article in Smithsonian a while back, Ben Franklin called the turkey a "Bird of Courage," and that's good enough for me.

We still have wild turkeys running around here in DC -- they're enough of a part of the local fauna that there's a park/rec center in Northeast DC called Turkey Thicket. They mostly stick to the larger parks, but I think of that Ben Franklin quote and get a little patriotic every time somebody spots one of them wandering around a city street doing whatever it is wild turkeys do.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013

I've watched this a dozen times, and I still don't know how he turned himself inside-out like that.

May Contain Nuts
Sep 12, 2007

but still delicious

Captain Trips posted:

I've watched this a dozen times, and I still don't know how he turned himself inside-out like that.

Bench gets wedged between the pedal and the rear peg. Forward momentum causes kid to flip over handlebars. Kid's short gets caught on handlebars causing kid to flip while flipping.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

One of my favorite things about these gifs is the people in the background who just keep walking. It really adds to the experience.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Rack posted:

Stole this one from the yospos picture thread.

While this is still recent, what the hell is this? Dude's coming in hot as hell... uphill? From a flat run? :confused:

• Locked thread