Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Ehud posted:

@OmarKelly: I achieved my childhood dream at the age of 30. How many people can say that. My biggest challenge now is figuring out what's next.

But Omar, I thought your childhood dream was to be a superhero???

To answer your question, basically everyone that you cover for your job can say that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot_Rumpus
Apr 4, 2004

DangerKat posted:

But Omar, I thought your childhood dream was to be a superhero???

To answer your question, basically everyone that you cover for your job can say that.

And they achieved it at an earlier age.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
If he achieved his childhood dream at age 30 it's all downhill from here.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Ehud posted:

@OmarKelly: I achieved my childhood dream at the age of 30. How many people can say that. My biggest challenge now is figuring out what's next.

And yet somehow this is even more obnoxious.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.
This might be considered low hanging fruit, but WalterFootball has been a joy to follow these past few days.

Particular highlights include giving the DMC resigning an A because of a super-secret training regimen that only he knows about, hating the Decker signing because "touchdowns are fluky" (this coming after he said that Decker is better than people give him credit for BECAUSE of his touchdown totals with Tebow) and stating that because everyone is praising Jon Beason's agent for getting him a good deal, he ripped off the Giants. Not demonstrating a hint of awareness that Jon Beason's agent is Jon Beason and that everyone was speaking tongue-in-cheekly.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

"Touchdowns are fluky" is a nicer/dumber/shorter way of saying that Decker only caught a ton of TDs this year because of the talent around him and they just as easily could have gone to one of the three other outstanding receivers on the Broncos.

E: The other things are dumb, though.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.
I understand that logic. What's especially dumb though is that he makes that argument after writing this in his offseason preview for him

Walter Football posted:

For those who say Eric Decker is just a product of Peyton Manning, Decker can just point to the eight touchdowns he caught with Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow. Decker does have an issue with drops sometimes, however.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
Walter football is dumb and bad, this has been the case for years. I don't know how they ever got popular or what reputation they are coasting off of.

The Incredible Ed
Nov 12, 2006

The way of a sluggard is like a hedge of thorns, but the path of the upright is a level highway.

Marketing New Brain posted:

Walter football is dumb and bad, this has been the case for years. I don't know how they ever got popular or what reputation they are coasting off of.

I'm guessing it's 80% the Emmitt Smith mocks.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Marketing New Brain posted:

After the Adrian Peterson child murder story broke Walter Football immediately posted about the fantasy implications and then took a very confused and defensive stance when he got flak about it. In short, gently caress Walter Football.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Walter Football was flogging Tim Tebow as a starting quarterback for a long time. There's nothing worth anything in their analysis. Only reason to check the site is that they keep a pretty up to date list of draft prospects and they do really dumb one year out mock drafts, which are kind of funny.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Yeah, they're really quick and reliable with timely draft stuff like Combine and pro day results. Other than that, I avoid them like the plague.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@OmarKelly: I need you to pray for me right now because I'm about to turn into the Hulk.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Well he is a super hero Ehud

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm starting to think Omar is an elaborate prank from the Sun-Sentinel.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Ehud posted:

@OmarKelly: I need you to pray for me right now because I'm about to turn into the Hulk.

One childhood dream down, time to move on to the rest.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
@OmarKelly: I am a gigantic turd!!!!!!!!!!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
@FakeOmarKelly: What do the Hulk and I have in common you might ask? We both have a guy named Bruce inside us a few times a week

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
hahahah yess I'm glad there's a fake omar kelly account

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That wasn't actually up there. I forgot the password and I don't talk to anyone who updates it anymore

superaielman
Mar 16, 2006

You can't harm me. Are you a fucking ass? Do you not know who I am? He must not know who I am.
While Omar Kelly is the worst, Pete Prisco is special and deserves mention in this thread. What the kind of late middle aged jorts wearing sportswriter seriously picks twitter slapfights with NFL players and other writers? See: His trolling of Arian Foster today and dumb comments on NFL running backs.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
One who is probably a virgin and still lives with his mom.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

superaielman posted:

While Omar Kelly is the worst, Pete Prisco is special and deserves mention in this thread. What the kind of late middle aged jorts wearing sportswriter seriously picks twitter slapfights with NFL players and other writers? See: His trolling of Arian Foster today and dumb comments on NFL running backs.

Sounds like you answered your own question

Chris Gaines posted:

One who is probably a virgin and still lives with his mom.

The dude unironically dropped this very line when he went after Spencer Hall

superaielman
Mar 16, 2006

You can't harm me. Are you a fucking ass? Do you not know who I am? He must not know who I am.
Prisco's hatred of bloggers is amazing, considering that most of his career nowadays is centered around shrill trolling on twitter.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.
Nolan Nawrocki is a weird dude.

Nolan on Clowney posted:

Could benefit tremendously from a stable positional coach and strong, veteran mentor on the defensive line who will hold him accountable, show him the way and serve as a father figure.

Is JJ Watt a big enough Dad to make Clowney succeed? Who will step up and be a Dad?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

DupaDupa posted:

Nolan Nawrocki is a weird dude.

Is JJ Watt a big enough Dad to make Clowney succeed? Who will step up and be a Dad?

quote:

26. Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M
A once-in-a-generation, run-around, ad-lib, sandlot-style quarterback who consistently won games playing a brand of fast-paced, jailbreak football that often goes off script and can be difficult to game plan with and against. Has defied the odds and proved to be a great college-system quarterback, but still must prove he is willing to work to be great, adjust his hard-partying, Hollywood lifestyle and be able to inspire his teammates by more than his playmaking ability.

NFL draft time: the quest to say something, anything interesting apart from the other 800,000 draft articles in order to get clicks.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Why does every season have a once in a generation player?

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

26. Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M
The tip of the hypotenuse and a Gorgonzola-type player in a three-cheese burrito. Shows a Cadillac willingness to adapt to challenges in a way not seen since Captain Winters at Brécourt Manor but maintains the utmost rap reality star party lifestyle this side of Kanye West's mixtape. A once-in-a-Halley's-comet player who needs to zipper down and put his feet in the playbook.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Ehud posted:

I just want to post about how much I hate Mark Schlereth. I have a pretty high tolerance for bad sports radio, but when he guest hosts on a show like Mike and Mike, it's just unbearable. He does a couple of things that grate on my nerves, but the worst is any time he tries to romanticize his time in the league.

"When I was an offensive lineman in the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE, I learned that the offensive line is a BROTHERHOOD."

In fairness to Schlereth every former player broadcaster does this.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
he was difficult to game plan with, but he was a great college system quarterback.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Sash! posted:

Why does every season have a once in a generation player?
Well, if a generation is 25 years and there are 15-ish positions in football (excluding special teams) you should see them at least every few years.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

pangstrom posted:

Well, if a generation is 25 years and there are 15-ish positions in football (excluding special teams) you should see them at least every few years.

Then why is there a new once a generation quarterback every other year? Who is the once a generation QB from 1970 to 1995? Brady? Manning (either)? Tebow? Manziel? Brees? One of like seeming 30 other QBs?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Sash! posted:

Then why is there a new once a generation quarterback every other year? Who is the once a generation QB from 1970 to 1995? Brady? Manning (either)? Tebow? Manziel? Brees? One of like seeming 30 other QBs?

Clearly it will be another decade until we see another Ryan Leaf.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

JaMarcus Russell is insulted by that.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Someone at work just said it shows a lack of integrity in today's NFL that Russel Wilson is getting divorced

But really, if I just won a Super Bowl, I'd dump whoever and see if I could get a crack at Scarlet Johansen's crack while I'm on a roll.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Booblord Zagats posted:

Someone at work just said it shows a lack of integrity in today's NFL that Russel Wilson is getting divorced

But really, if I just won a Super Bowl, I'd dump whoever and see if I could get a crack at Scarlet Johansen's crack while I'm on a roll.

I believe Kate HudsonUpton is the default sports girlfriend atm.

*edit*
wrong Kate

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Against my better judgement I clicked on a bleacher report link about which teams someone thought were screwed by the new schedule. I mean they've been bought out and masquerading as legit for quite a while now, maybe the writing has improved or something?

It was a slide show. Nice job BR.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Sash! posted:

Obviously they're going by dog years, dogs can mature and have puppies after a couple of years or so

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:
It would really be funny to see some draft analyst just be like "well even the top picks in this years draft are non-impact players and most won't even make a roster"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

superaielman
Mar 16, 2006

http://www.latimes.com/sports/football/nfl/la-sp-nfl-mock-draft-20140504,0,7318235.story#GlUAZPwDM31LHWCg

:ughh: Omar.

• Locked thread