Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Just got done playing on my phone, just gonna throw out some names.

Dr. Zomboss, Conehead and Buckethead for zombies, Crazy Dave for the Werewolf.

And in honor of our runner-up, team name: The LOSERdmen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Perfect Twist
Aug 15, 2007

"What have I done? I'll have to start again. To forget and to disappear. I'll head north, far-north, to that big question mark, the Northern Territory"
The werewolves look like cute doggies in this game. Name one Snooky-Wooky Cheeks

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Oh and don't be afraid to voice your opinion if a team or player name really grabs you, I'll definitely take it into consideration

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Gotta take a Studman name, and have a Wight named Power

(Shamefully, I forget the name of his OTHER wight).

For the same reason, the wolf must be Jacob. Because then he's already got his shirt off, so he's ready to spin it round above his head.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Name the Flesh Golem Technically a Construct.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Name your Ghouls Jump to the Left and Step to the Right(when you get a second).

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Werewolf name: Fido
(I guess Big Bad would also work be terrible)

Wight name: Wight makes right

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

I definitely think that Wight Power and Walter Wight (possibly without the 'Wight' bit in the name) are excellent ideas.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Step to the Wight.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

goatface posted:

I don't think I can endorse the second +str over block.

Derails are never over!
Since Block is objectively better than +ST on a big guy regardless, once you've taken +ST once, you might as well double down, so that even a TREE needs assists to punch you.

Also 7 ST tentacles is hard to get away from. Even for like. Sauruses. I have vague memories of doing it ONCE. With a ST2 player, so looking at his past games, that suggests an UW goblin. Because what, I'm gonna -3db him? Ha! (also I don't always play FumBBL L games super Grognardy. Because who does that?)

Also natural 3DBs on 3ST players unassisted.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
The Werewolf needs to be named Marmaduke.

Proper Job
Mar 6, 2007

Submit or die foolish human!
Zombie: Johnny Rotten

Flesh Golem: Funtime Frankie or The Flesh Prince

Ghoul: A Hairless Chimp

To add to the deluge of terrible Wight puns: Phoenix Wight

As for the Werewolf, I'll second Marmaduke.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

I like the idea of naming the team Fairly Elected.

And because terrible Wight puns are a thing right now, I'd like to see two of them named Dr. Wily and Dr. Wight.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

BONUS REQUIREMENT

If you want to name a zombie you need to tell me how they died and who they were in their previous life

e- I'd also encourage more Ghoul and Zombie names. It's not that I've already decided what I want to call the rest of the team but the other positions have a pretty good spread of names as is

double e- Actually I may as well say which names I've for sure picked so we can start crossing them off the list

Flesh Golem - The Flesh Prince
Wight - Wight Power
Wight - Dr. Wight
Zombie - Johnny Rotten

Leaving
1 Werewolf
1 Flolem
1 Ghoul
4 Zombies

I'm going to keep thinking about the rest of the names but I'm pretty set on those four

GNU Order fucked around with this message at 16:30 on May 4, 2014

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Zombie - Bonecrusher McGraw 'Boney' was a mild-mannered chartered accountant who one day had the misfortune of crossing the street without looking. As chartered accountancy is nearly impossible to get work for when legally deceased, he had to fall back on his meager sporting talents to make ends meet. Even now, his lifeless groans, moans and wistful sighs indicate his unhappiness with his lot in unlife, and he wants nothing more than to find a way back to double-entry bookkeeping.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

AJ_Impy posted:

Zombie - Bonecrusher McGraw 'Boney' was a mild-mannered chartered accountant who one day had the misfortune of crossing the street without looking. As chartered accountancy is nearly impossible to get work for when legally deceased, he had to fall back on his meager sporting talents to make ends meet. Even now, his lifeless groans, moans and wistful sighs indicate his unhappiness with his lot in unlife, and he wants nothing more than to find a way back to double-entry bookkeeping.

Oh come on, at least go Bonecruncher McGraw for the play on accounting practices.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Riff Raff watched the Rocky Horror Picture show too much. One night, when headed home from the show, he was sideswiped by local football star Jesus McOrpse. Swearing eternal vengeance, his girlfriend raised the two of them from the dead and signed them up as zombies for the local Blood Bowl team. When they wouldn't accept them, they applied for this team instead.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Zombie Franken-Castle

After his family were brutally murdered in front of him by a band of Dark Elves shortly after his leaving the military, Frank Castle vowed revenge and mounted an ultra-violent campaign against those who preyed on the weak. Unfortunately he was a former chef with the halfling army, possessed little combat ability and was quickly killed. His body was recovered by a passing Igor talent scout, who rebuilt and "improved" him, with hope to use his murderous urges to good effect on the Blood Bowl field.

Bozikek
Jul 22, 2007
Jeremiah the nojawed yokel the zombie. Ate a diseased possum.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
Ghoul Ghoulash was a nobleman's master chef who was assassinated by a rival noble house for not wanting to work for them instead.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Also, GNU, what's the plan with regards to zombies the team inevitably creates?

Box wine
Apr 6, 2005

ah crap

Veloxyll posted:

You mean the ones you get from killing dudes? You can't rename them. I'm pretty sure at least.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think you can by some means or another. You shouldn't though, it's wrong.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Zombie-Reginald Bonejangles. Reginald was once a normal human lord, for a minor province to nbe sure, but the land was kind, the people were happy and they had few worries apart from the occasional orc raid. Life seemed great, until the plague came. The village had been preparing for an annual harvest festival when it struck, whole families were annihilated and soon he was struck down too. But some strange eldrich magic awakened him, something strange happened though, the magic had a strange toll on his rotten flesh. . .

He couldn't stop the boogie, he had the dance fever and wouldn't stop this his body dropped.

Box wine
Apr 6, 2005

ah crap
You can be reborn an infinite number of times though. As I've gained a zombie, then lost the same zombie, and finally regained him all in the same game.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They can be dead in both CAS boxes and still on the pitch. I wonder if it breaks if they die a third time?

Box wine
Apr 6, 2005

ah crap
Now that I think about it maybe it was over the course of several games. Whatever we'll see how it works.

Edit: well its only suppose to be possible once per match but I wouldn't be surprised if its broke

Box wine fucked around with this message at 00:10 on May 5, 2014

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
Rick Ghastley. He's no stranger to blood. He knows the rulebook. And with regeneration, you'll be together forever.

If that's a little too painful, you can do Cyndi Limper, Janis Hob'lin, Pelvis Costello, Stink Floyd, or Lionel Itchy-Tasty.

masam
May 27, 2010
No one's gone the easy route huh? No one is going to ask the obvious question about Who's afraid of Virgina Werewolf? Cause I think the other team will be.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Beefslab for the other Flesh Golem perhaps.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Veloxyll posted:

Not sure, depends on if I'll need them or not. Either way I'll probably put it up to vote whether to keep the team pure or to allow the freshly converted

I should probably explain, another cool quirk with undead teams is that, when an undead player kills a normal, non-undead player (who is not really really big or really really small), they are reanimated and immediately join your team.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President
Flesh Gordon was once a great space hero who went on many grand adventures. Then he crashed on Earth because he forgot to refuel his ship. His body was recovered from the wreckage and turned into a golem by a wizard who was deeply in debt to the local mob. Thus, the new golem was sold and eventually purchased by the team.

Incidentally, I'm gonna support Fairly Elected as the team name.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I'm going to keep accepting name submissions for a day or so, but now's a good time to open it up to accepting challenges.

If you wanna play against the Democracy team and make me spend an hour talking about how I kicked your rear end then sign up using this signup sheet. I'll be contacting people for matches based on how soon they sign up here. It's on you to bring a team that is around the same Team Value as mine. If your name gets called and you don't have a team close enough to play with, I'll keep you at the top of the list but have to pass you over.

LP Challenge Sheet

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
In the GGL?

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

goatface posted:

In the GGL?

Yeah, I can move to Auld if necessary though

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I think we need a Zombie named Joe. A generic pumpkin farmer in life who enjoyed the simple things; beer, pumpkins and not being dead. He died at age 23 when no one could be bothered to check if he'd got into the cellar during a brutal storm. Most of his neighbors still aren't aware he's dead as they were always mixing him up with Tom, Bob and Fred anyways.

He plays as he lived; a generic member lost in the crowd with absolutely no outstanding traits.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Team Name: The Necroromantics

Werewolf names: Yetiglanchi and/or Joe Estevez

Flesh Golems: Blood Knight and The Living Wall

Wights: Hail Mary and Haunting Helga

Ghoul: Leper Colonist

Zombies: Two left feet, Gerry "No Thumbs" Schubert, Smiling Tom, Bleedy and Bitey

Two left feet had a baking accident that tore off his right leg. The local doctors only had left leg replacements.

Gerry "No Thumbs" Schubert was actually cursed by a Gypsie who was annoyed by his constant mimickry of "The Fonz" and now can no longer perform his signature move.

Smiling Tom was a nice guy, but a clerical error in Heaven has doomed him to a life of Brain Eating.

Bleedy and Bitey are circus twins, most known for their horribly botched performances. It is said that the duo has accumulated over 200 fines for their employer and have suffered over 317 injuries, combined.

Jobbo_Fett fucked around with this message at 03:45 on May 5, 2014

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Alright boys and girls, we're live

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
I look forward to seeing what the Flesh Prince can do. :allears:

Adbot