Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

aesop jones posted:

So the Guardian is reporting that Fulham, Cardiff and Norwich are planning to sue the PL for not deducting points from Sunderland re: Ji Dong-won.

Does this end in giant payouts to shut people up?

Cardiff will probably never been seen again. I take a great amount of pleasure in that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Time to start picking the corpses of Fulham and Cardiff. Apparently Rodgers likes Caulker, depending on how many CBs Liverpool lose this summer I wouldn't mind him.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

tbp posted:

I don't think a single person in this forum regularly watches Real Sociedad matches so based off of his decent but not absurd stats there I'm going to say he's not good enough for Arsenal or the Premier League

Idk he's always been a useful player and it seems like he's matured since he left Arsenal. He'd be better than yaya loving sanogo right now and he's apparently dirt cheap.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Hoops posted:

Time to start picking the corpses of Fulham and Cardiff. Apparently Rodgers likes Caulker, depending on how many CBs Liverpool lose this summer I wouldn't mind him.

Can we have David Marshall too please.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Since Norwich are also hosed, I'd like to fire all our wingers into the Sun (unless they've poised for a gay magazine) and get Redmond in.

ragle
Nov 1, 2009

tbp posted:

I don't think a single person in this forum regularly watches Real Sociedad matches so based off of his decent but not absurd stats there I'm going to say he's not good enough for Arsenal or the Premier League

He usually plays coming in from the right, so 40 goals and 27 assists in 3 La Liga campaigns is very good

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

tbp posted:

I love La Liga tbp and I can say that Carlos Vela is in no way good enough for Arsenal.

This season he had 1 insane match where he scored 4 goals, rest of his goal has come against clubs in the bottom of the league table

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

tarbrush posted:

Can we have David Marshall too please.
Big Mig is fine imo. Reina may be coming back as well due to salary stuff apparently.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Hoops posted:

Rodgers has also said that he wants 4 or 5 players this summer. I can see us signing a CB, LB, DM, LW/RW and ST, but really apart from a left back they'd all be backups. Caulker would probably replace Toure in the pecking order and I think he'd do a decent job. I'm also fairly confident Rodgers would get the best out of him.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

EvilHawk posted:

Rodgers has also said that he wants 4 or 5 players this summer. I can see us signing a CB, LB, DM, LW/RW and ST, but really apart from a left back they'd all be backups. Caulker would probably replace Toure in the pecking order and I think he'd do a decent job. I'm also fairly confident Rodgers would get the best out of him.
I'm wary of this idea that Rodgers turns overlooked young talent into gold tbh. Sturridge is the exception right now, need a few more pieces of evidence before we start buying every club's Micah Richards.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

blue footed boobie posted:

Idk he's always been a useful player and it seems like he's matured since he left Arsenal. He'd be better than yaya loving sanogo right now and he's apparently dirt cheap.

Big Sanogo is only 21 and has shown some decent promise, to be fair. And they are two very different kinds of players. One being who gives a poo poo, the other being the kind to leave his passport at the hotel.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Hoops posted:

I'm wary of this idea that Rodgers turns overlooked young talent into gold tbh. Sturridge is the exception right now, need a few more pieces if evidence before we start buying every club's Micah Richards.

Not sold on Micah Richards either.

Rodgers has helped Henderson and Sterling hit their full potential and whatever he did to Flanno is basically sorcery.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

tarbrush posted:

Not sold on Micah Richards either.

Rodgers has helped Henderson and Sterling hit their full potential and whatever he did to Flanno is basically sorcery.
But still, we paid a shitload for Henderson and Sterling was one if the biggest prospects in England. Flanagan hasn't convinced me yet, he was not very good when he first started playing for the first team and there are all these stats about how he's the most beaten fullback in the league or whatever.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Hoops posted:

Big Mig is fine imo. Reina may be coming back as well due to salary stuff apparently.

Maybe as a back up keeper. You can do better than him. poo poo, Mannone is better

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Hoops posted:

I'm wary of this idea that Rodgers turns overlooked young talent into gold tbh. Sturridge is the exception right now, need a few more pieces of evidence before we start buying every club's Micah Richards.

Caulker's hardly overlooked young talent, he's England's best young defender. Spurs fans were pretty bemused when he got sold.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Spangly A posted:

Caulker's hardly overlooked young talent, he's England's best young defender. Spurs fans were pretty bemused when he got sold.
It's Cahill, but yeah I agree about bemusement I couldn't understand why they'd rather have Younes Kaboul.

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

Hoops posted:

It's Cahill, but yeah I agree about bemusement I couldn't understand why they'd rather have Younes Kaboul.

He said young defender.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Hoops posted:

But still, we paid a shitload for Henderson and Sterling was one if the biggest prospects in England. Flanagan hasn't convinced me yet, he was not very good when he first started playing for the first team and there are all these stats about how he's the most beaten fullback in the league or whatever.

Rodgers has done amazing jobs with Sturridge, Hendo, Sterling, Flanagan, and Allen (arguably). We may have paid a fair bit of money for these players, and I suspect we'll probably pay too much for Caulker (seeing as he's English), but you can't deny he's done fantastically well with the young British talent at the club.

It's not a far gone conclusion by any means, but I do like the idea of building a team that can challenge for the top with a strong British contingent.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Hashtag Nascar posted:

He said young defender.
I did miss the "young" when I read it admittedly. That statements true I suppose, like I said I'd be for that signing.

James R
Dec 22, 2006

I hear they're still eating paper. Is that true?

Hoops posted:

Sterling was one if the biggest prospects in England.

So was Michael Johnson.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Johnson_(footballer_born_1988)

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Didn't catch any of the soccer today (was out skiing) but it looks like Dzeko has nearly wrapped up the title for City today. What a player he is.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

Hegay posted:

This season he had 1 insane match where he scored 4 goals, rest of his goal has come against clubs in the bottom of the league table

So just like Suarez, then?

Xbox One
Apr 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 478 days!

vaginal culture posted:

Didn't catch any of the soccer today (was out skiing) but it looks like Dzeko has nearly wrapped up the title for City today. What a player he is.

Dzeko is a great player and played with honor today. I am going skiing tomorrow.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Hoops posted:

I'll take Mutch and Caulker at Newcastle thanks.

Mr Pepper
Nov 29, 2006

:jiggled:Top Class:jiggled:
Good thing spurs sold caulker so kaboul can routinely be terrible

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Mutch is cool and fairly good and should be in the Prem next year.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

I hope my team buys Noone.

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
Sunderland lost every single one of those games I think, so I don't know why the FA would dock points anyway.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Southampton should buy Ruddy, Stoke should buy Snodgrass, someone with good medical facilities should buy Pilkington

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug
Gonna be weird for a Championship team to have a 100m warchest after selling Howson.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Xbox One posted:

Dzeko is a great player and played with honor today. I am going skiing tomorrow.

He has put Negredo in his place (the bench)

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Never mind I'm dumb

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Mr Pepper posted:

Good thing spurs sold caulker so kaboul can routinely be terrible

He wanted to move so he could play every week and get into the England team.

Good job, rear end in a top hat.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

If Liverpool get caulker i'm going to be very mad. And yes he left for regular football but we should have given it to him he's good enough and he's a leader

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Caulker being sold basically came down to AVB not thinking that he was fast enough for the high line system he wanted to play. Same reason he tried to ship out Dawson.

Levy will probably buy back Caulker this summer.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage

vaginal culture posted:

He's the third best striker in PL op

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Moktaro posted:

I hope my team buys Noone.

If you're an Arsenal fan, you're in luck.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Arsenal will spend £30m on players again this summer and still everyone will complain about lack of spending.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

sassassin posted:

Arsenal will spend £30m on players again this summer and still everyone will complain about lack of spending.

Because 27m of that will be Benzema and Ramsey will be sold for 30

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

DickEmery posted:

Because 27m of that will be Benzema and Ramsey will be sold for 30

Still. They don't have any issue with buying expensive players most of the league couldn't hope to get.

• Locked thread