Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Myopic posted:

There's this:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50546/

I have it installed but I've yet to actually use it. Worth a try. Haven't seen anything equivalent for enchanting though, unfortunately.

e: oh, that one has enchanting too. Too many mods.

This one still requires the resources, it's the one i tried before posting here. I'll have a look at the Honed Metal one tho!

Edit: Tho it seems that one also requires the resources.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
I guess requiring the resources is some sort of gating system to prevent you from crafting ebony armor at level 1 by dumping cash on the smith's lap? :shrug:

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
I've got the alpha SKSE, and an .ini file with the following, located in /Data/SKSE/SKSE.ini

code:
[General]
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

[Interface]
EnableContainerCategorization=1

[Display]
iTintTextureResolution=2048

[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=1024
ScrapHeapSizeMB=512

[Debug]
WriteMinidumps=1
But I'm still crashing at 256megs of memory being used, according to MemoryBlocksLog! Is there anything I'm missing?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Deltasquid posted:

I guess requiring the resources is some sort of gating system to prevent you from crafting ebony armor at level 1 by dumping cash on the smith's lap? :shrug:

It seems to be more a limitation of the engine and incorporating easy support for mods after having a quick look at it. The current mods cheat the system by temporarily giving you X amount of skillpoints in smithing/enchanting, the relevant perks and having the crafting menu open via dialogue with a NPC. That way it's still you doing it and mod weapons/armor/enchants automatically work.

I was looking for something that basically opens up a dialogue with the crafter that goes like: "Hey i wanna order item X", "okay thats gonna cost Y septims based on materialcost+skill level+crafting time and take Z amount of hours".

It's fairly straightforward to create with a hidden quest that uses aliases for the crafters and basically eeevery item you can craft and some kinda complicated scripting, it's just supertedious and i was hoping someone had done it already. Plus it would require a lot of compatability patches for mods, but i personally only use vanilla stuff anyway with meshwork done to support my massive tits and thundertighs.

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 16:00 on May 4, 2014

Zilkin
Jan 9, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

^^^Well if you want to wait a while, Skywind is remaking all of Morrowind in the Skyrim engine. But until then, you at least want Morrowloot 4E.

Is Morrowloot 4E compatible with SPERG? I'm guessing not since it changes crafting a bit.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Sadly the crafting limitations don't seem to work, but you can follow them voluntarily.

(To make a thing beyond steel, you need the relevant perk and if you aren't the "native" race that knows those things, an extra +20 skill on top. Dwarven stuff cannot be made before you gain the Ancient Knowledge perk from Avanchnzel. Improvements aren't limited.)

scamtank fucked around with this message at 16:46 on May 4, 2014

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Zilkin posted:

Is Morrowloot 4E compatible with SPERG? I'm guessing not since it changes crafting a bit.

You could try putting it after SPERG in the load order and seeing how they play together. As long as something doesn't overwrite the perk tree in SPERG it might just make certain options unavailable instead of trying to do both.

I can't for the life of me figure out what's crashing me lately. It doesn't happen often and I have a mostly stable build at this point, but I'll be playing just fine for a couple hours and then something stupid will crash me. I played for about 3 hours and then crashed while looting an arrow of all things from a Draugr. Then I played solidly for another 3-4 hours the next day and crashed while talking to Farengar. I guess the solution if I want to keep all my mods intact is to just save more often? I can't really go through all 150+ of my mods individually to figure it out, and it doesn't really happen enough to put in that kind of effort anyway. I also get a weird texture bug that temporarily makes my skin look charred, but it usually doesn't last.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Dongattack posted:

It's fairly straightforward to create with a hidden quest that uses aliases for the crafters and basically eeevery item you can craft and some kinda complicated scripting, it's just supertedious and i was hoping someone had done it already. Plus it would require a lot of compatability patches for mods, but i personally only use vanilla stuff anyway with meshwork done to support my massive tits and thundertighs.

Sounds like a FOTM contender to me - you seem to have a good grasp of how to go forward, and frankly, I think you should. FCO was basically the same sort of thing - something tedious to build that nobody else had really had the patience to execute.

One of the ways around the limitation on what a smith can craft could be gotten around by modifying the smith's NPC record itself, and giving them the requisite perks to craft a thing depending on their skill level. Then, make the dialogue to order a thing conditioned against that smith having a perk. I.e.:

The Ebony Tier of items has a set of player dialogues that has each item in the set (armor and swords) statically calculated to remove gold (determined by material costs plus some sort of percentage cut on top of it) and add the item in question to the player when chosen. Said dialogues all have conditions set to look for Ebony Smithing being on the speaker/subject (i.e., the blacksmith); if the perk isn't present, the dialogue doesn't show up.

This will actually lend credence to everyone's reverence for Eorland - he could be the one smith in Skyrim who has every perk in the Blacksmith tree and is thus the only one who can craft virtually any item for you.

Then you can also frame different scenarios entirely through conditions as well: different dialogs could come up depending on if the smith has the materials in their inventory, or whether you have the materials in your inventory, with different prices for the final product as a result (and the materials removed).

ANIME IS BLOOD fucked around with this message at 23:46 on May 4, 2014

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Could you do this with a recurring quest instead? I.e. Give blacksmith gold, get item. Only certain blacksmiths would have certain quests.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Dongattack posted:

It seems to be more a limitation of the engine and incorporating easy support for mods after having a quick look at it. The current mods cheat the system by temporarily giving you X amount of skillpoints in smithing/enchanting, the relevant perks and having the crafting menu open via dialogue with a NPC. That way it's still you doing it and mod weapons/armor/enchants automatically work.

I was looking for something that basically opens up a dialogue with the crafter that goes like: "Hey i wanna order item X", "okay thats gonna cost Y septims based on materialcost+skill level+crafting time and take Z amount of hours".

The big problem with the dialogue based approach is there is no way to get arbitrary constructable objects within papyrus so you can't just get all the craftable things in a script. That means no automated figuring out prices or needed materials. You would have to make each one by hand and make patches for every mod to add mod items to it. And if you can't have the blacksmith make nipple clamps nobody will want your mod.

That's why the existing mods hijack the crafting menus. Economics of Skyrim had a system where you crafted it and then the script took it away from your while the smith 'made' it. Then you could pick up the finished item.

I think an SKSE .dll plugin could return all the loaded records of a given type so you could get all COBJs. I don't know if its possible to modify dialogue on the fly though so even if you could select the nipple clamps armor and the COBJ that created them I don't know if you could make a dialogue to say "I want to order ebony Nipple Clamps" and the response "That'll be 2500 septims."

Fake edit after investigation: I think modifying the player's lines is doable but not NPC lines. So you could with a bit of work pick vague responses for the NPCs and work something out and have them hand you a paper with the price on it or something. Then if the player has a price quote paper the smith will ask if they want to buy it next time they talk. You'd probably have to sort through a bunch of levels of dialogue menus like material type > equip slot > alphabetical in groups of 6 or something since its all dialogue and with lots of mods there are potentially tons of items and you need space for the previous and next options plus the cancel option. Then you have to tackle perk mods and what they would do to the smiths. The bright side is the exact same framework would work for smithing, enchanting, cooking, recharging, and tempering (equipped only I think for tempering and recharging due to engine stuff). With a bit of tweaking it should work for alchemy too.

Still if someone wants to try it I will take a crack at the skse .dll part and the messy bits of papyrus since I have been meaning to figure that out for Signature Weapons for a while anyway.

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
I recall awhile back (somewhere in this thread, I believe) a link to an .INI modification that apparently did something to make the game a lot more stable, even when running mods. There were also a number of other goons who were gushing about it, which makes it a little unusual that it isn't mentioned in the OP. Does anyone remember what it was? Thanks.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Wasn't that just the memory hack Boris put in his latest master ENB file? I think just getting his latest .dll, even without any ENB to go with it, significantly increases game performance and stability, but maybe I'm thinking of something else.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
I'm having a strange issue where my game is crashing whenever I go to save. I tried deactivating all my mods and it's still happening. Killing myself with player.kill and allowing the game to reload the save seems to keep things going good for about 3 saves, but then it all goes back to poo poo. Is my save corrupted or what? Because I can load save games just fine.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
I started working on the "have blacksmiths craft for you" mod then, but i just came down from like a 2 month autismbinge in the Creation Kit working on something else so it'll probably be low priority for a bit while i play Dwarf Fortress and/or go outside.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Well I finally got a video card that can really handle this game at 1980x1080 with anti-aliasing after 2 years, definitely a good investment. I'm still having a hard time finding mods and a play-style that makes the game fun. Usually I end up feeling overpowered or underpowered and never in that healthy center where challenge can be found.

Anyway, is there a mod that will allow me to unlock say 50 perks right from the beginning of the game without triggering level ups? I like the idea of choosing a playstyle from the beginning and then using the level ups to simply build my stats. I suppose I could use the console command to do this but the last time I checked there wasn't one that simply gave the player more perk points, instead you would have to manually select the skills you want.

I'm also not very impressed with the morrowind loot mod. I like the idea but I wish they would have given the enemies weapons that have already gone through some enchanting/crafting (E: A legendary frost ebony axe falling from a dragur.) I think the artifact weapons should already be upgraded as well when you find them. Basically I hate the crafting in this game because it seems without it you always end up at a point where your underpowered unless you went mage and with it you become far overpowered and kill dragons with a couple hits.

The amount of loot in chests sucks as well. I hate picking a master lock only to find 6g, a few potions I don't need and a piece of gear I need just to breakdown for it's enchantment. I'd be much happier finding a enhanced dagger with an enchant that's useful instead.

A recommended playstyle would be appreciated as well. I've enjoyed several unarmed builds, a 1h/cast build, and a complete wizard build. I still haven't tried full thief (with some illusion magic and maybe archery) but I've heard it gets ridiculously easy late in the game.

CFox
Nov 9, 2005
There's a debug setting in SPERG that lets you add up to 40 perk points at a time and you can keep adding more as often as you want. You should probably be using SPERG anyways if you aren't, full of good stuff.

I've always thought Illusion was a lot of fun even if it's not to quickest way to kill something. Frenzy is always my goto for groups of enemies. It helps to cast it while hidden though since otherwise they'll run straight off for you.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
As far as illusion goes, I've never liked it until Apocalypse Spells-- the "Counterspell" spell is amazing. I think of it less as "counterspell" and more as "incapacitate spellcasters". If you cast it on someone while they are casting a spell (spell casters do this constantly) they will not only fail to cast the spell, they'll kneel down and expose the back of their necks for some nice critical hits. I can usually take them out entirely within a second or two once they go down.

One thing that really made my experience better was ASIS, once I actually read the readme file and ran the .jar file instead of merely sticking the ESP file in my load order like with all other mods. Having enemies that use potions and new spells and stuff is AMAZING, not to mention increased spawns, so now I can have two or maybe three followers without feeling like I'm breaking the game. It's a real challenge, but not unbeatable.

I need to look into lootification now that I'm feeling a bit more comfortable with SkyProc.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

"We Must Dissent"

Deltasquid posted:

Wasn't that just the memory hack Boris put in his latest master ENB file? I think just getting his latest .dll, even without any ENB to go with it, significantly increases game performance and stability, but maybe I'm thinking of something else.

I don't follow ENB but I think that was a hack that forces skyrim to unload graphic assets from RAM once they are loaded into them graphics card. Vanilla skyrim will fill RAM with textures then copy textures to VRAM then try and load game data and hit the hard cap of 3.whatever gb and crash. ENB can force it to flush textures once they are in VRAM so they don't uselessly hog RAM.

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I'm also not very impressed with the morrowind loot mod. I like the idea but I wish they would have given the enemies weapons that have already gone through some enchanting/crafting (E: A legendary frost ebony axe falling from a dragur.) I think the artifact weapons should already be upgraded as well when you find them. Basically I hate the crafting in this game because it seems without it you always end up at a point where your underpowered unless you went mage and with it you become far overpowered and kill dragons with a couple hits.

The amount of loot in chests sucks as well. I hate picking a master lock only to find 6g, a few potions I don't need and a piece of gear I need just to breakdown for it's enchantment. I'd be much happier finding a enhanced dagger with an enchant that's useful instead.

Upgraded Weapons and Armors for Enemies will temper stuff for npcs. I've heard its kinda buggy but haven't actually used it. By coincidence my buggy as poo poo attempt at a blacksmiths make stuff mod had the same feature like two days before but who's bitter? With SKSE 1.07.0 you could do custom enchants too and make it run much faster and smoother. I may well make that since I've got it mostly done already. Anyone want to suggest fun enchants for enemies to use against you? I may include optional dick mode where the enchant turns into something much worse when the npc dies if I can swing it.

Chest loot and quest rewards suck balls. Unlike morrowind you never find a really cool item hand placed there since everything is based off lists.

Iunnrais posted:

I need to look into lootification now that I'm feeling a bit more comfortable with SkyProc.

Yesssss.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Wrist Watch posted:

Is there anything blatantly wrong with my mods/order that's preventing Dual Sheath Redux from working properly? It worked fine before, but after adding a few more mods it's decided to not work on a clean save I made.

None of the mods I've added since I last remember it working mess with skeletons, which was my first guess.

Sorry to bump my own post, but is there anything that stands out at all I could try before doing a full uninstall/reinstall of skyrim?

I'm going to try taking out that "stamina erryday.esp" even if it doesn't solve the problem, it was just a quick thing I threw together ages ago to make the Redguard's rapid stamina recovery ability usable whenever instead of just once per day, because I hated how fast my stamina bar drained while sprinting (and hadn't heard of SPERG back then). Also, I'm really not sure why there's a Dawnguard.esm in there since I've never actually purchased Dawnguard. Maybe some mod I installed a long time ago put it in or something? BOSS always tells me it's got hundreds of hundreds of dirty edits whenever I run it so I usually leave it unloaded, is that something that would be messing things up?

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

"We Must Dissent"

Wrist Watch posted:

Sorry to bump my own post, but is there anything that stands out at all I could try before doing a full uninstall/reinstall of skyrim?

I'm going to try taking out that "stamina erryday.esp" even if it doesn't solve the problem, it was just a quick thing I threw together ages ago to make the Redguard's rapid stamina recovery ability usable whenever instead of just once per day, because I hated how fast my stamina bar drained while sprinting (and hadn't heard of SPERG back then). Also, I'm really not sure why there's a Dawnguard.esm in there since I've never actually purchased Dawnguard. Maybe some mod I installed a long time ago put it in or something? BOSS always tells me it's got hundreds of hundreds of dirty edits whenever I run it so I usually leave it unloaded, is that something that would be messing things up?

I'd figure out where Dawnguard.esm is coming from if you don't actually have dawnguard because that is horrific. Is it in your data folder? Assuming you are using MO right and it was installed by a mod it should be in that mod's folder. If you click the Data tab in the right pane and find Dawnguard.esm it will have a mod column that will tell you the source of the file.

Second the archives tab has the warning symbol on it. That means there are archives being loaded by skyrim but not by MO so MO can't do all its magic on it. Check all the boxes in there that should be loaded for your enabled mods.

Third the big MO warning symbol is on in the top right. That means it detects something wrong with your setup. Since you have skyproc patchers its probably files in your overwrite folder but it could also be something much worse. Click the symbol to find out what it is and resolve it. Then try running DSR again.

Lastly if DSR still isn't running check its debug logs. All skyproc patchers will write logs into /data/skyproc patchers/<patcher name>/skyproc debug/=-Debug Overview-=.txt and Asynchronous Log.txt the overview is a much more readable version. Look for anything that is a big thing with error or exception or the like. If you don't see anything you can pastebin it and link it and I can take a gander. The asynchronous log is much more in depth and way harder to read but can track specific errors to a particular object sometimes.

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening
They accidentally made Dawnguard free a while ago and Steam auto-downloaded it. If you haven't reinstalled since then then congratulations, you still own Dawnguard.

Soldier o Fortune
Jul 22, 2004

Hey guys, built a new computer and I can finally play Skyrim with lots of mods and make it looks amazing. So far so good. Started with STEP as a base and added some quests and other mods I knew were good. Went with Project Evolved ENB and it seemed to work great, but I somehow messed something up and now there is no Depth of Field effect, and possibly other issues. I have tried disabled mods, reinstalling ENB, checking all the ini / pref settings, but no luck.

Any idea what I might have tripped myself up on? Thanks?

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006
you feed the girls to other girls

:stare:
I've run into a weird problem: random dragons don't seem to be spawning. Like, ONE did, but that's been the ONLY one and my character has gone from level 1 to 40 in the meantime. Note that I do get a lot of random vampire attacks, and I did go to Helgen and start the whole Dragonborn questline (killed the first one outside Whiterun, then had a random attack at Rorikstead or something).

Does anyone know if the following mods I installed affect dragon spawn rates?

Dragon Soul Relinquishment
Apocalypse New
Alternate Start- Live another life
Apachii SkyHair
Cloaks of Skyrim
Dynamic Things
EFF
FCO
Frostfall
Nazeem
Run for your Lives
Sky UI
SPERG
Uncle Sheogorath
When Vampires Attack
Wyrmstooth
Dragonborn
Hearthfire
Dawnguard

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

LtSmash posted:

I'd figure out where Dawnguard.esm is coming from if you don't actually have dawnguard because that is horrific. Is it in your data folder? Assuming you are using MO right and it was installed by a mod it should be in that mod's folder. If you click the Data tab in the right pane and find Dawnguard.esm it will have a mod column that will tell you the source of the file.

Second the archives tab has the warning symbol on it. That means there are archives being loaded by skyrim but not by MO so MO can't do all its magic on it. Check all the boxes in there that should be loaded for your enabled mods.

Third the big MO warning symbol is on in the top right. That means it detects something wrong with your setup. Since you have skyproc patchers its probably files in your overwrite folder but it could also be something much worse. Click the symbol to find out what it is and resolve it. Then try running DSR again.

Lastly if DSR still isn't running check its debug logs. All skyproc patchers will write logs into /data/skyproc patchers/<patcher name>/skyproc debug/=-Debug Overview-=.txt and Asynchronous Log.txt the overview is a much more readable version. Look for anything that is a big thing with error or exception or the like. If you don't see anything you can pastebin it and link it and I can take a gander. The asynchronous log is much more in depth and way harder to read but can track specific errors to a particular object sometimes.

I guess I didn't understand MO nearly as well as I thought I did, thanks. Dawnguard is in my data folder, so I guess I accidentally got it like Space Hamlet said.

I went ahead and checked all the boxes under archives, for some reason I had it in my mind that you weren't supposed to check anything in there. Not sure where I got that from, must have been from a bad guide I read a long time ago. I also followed this guide and went ahead and created mods for the skyproc stuff created for DSR/ASIS. All the errors MO was throwing in that screenshot are gone now. A weird thing that happened while looking at the overwrite section though is that in addition to the skyproc folders, there were also a DSR.esp and an ASIS.esp sitting in there for some reason. I went ahead and moved them to the new mods I created for the skyproc stuff, but I still have no idea why they were there.

It's still not working, though, even tried making a new character just in case. I don't see anything wrong in the Debug Overview (here's a pastebin in case I'm missing something), but the asynchronous log is, uh, empty. I know what you mean by the asynchronous log being more in depth because the one generated by ASIS seems to be doing its job just fine, but the only thing in the asynchronous log for DSR is this:
code:
[1]                            [OPEN DEBUG FILE]  Opening Debug File
[2]                                   [Validate]  Target file exists: Files\tmp.esp
[3]                             [Record Lengths]  Validated.
[4]                                      [DEBUG]  Closing Debug File.  Time was: 34860
I'm really considering just uninstalling everything and starting from scratch. I hosed up something somewhere along the line and at this point it seems like a better idea to just uninstall and rebuild things some other time than to keep trying to mess with this stuff when I should probably be studying for finals anyway. Either way, thanks for the help, I'll make sure to keep all this in mind when I'm installing things in the future. I'm honestly kinda curious now how I've managed to play for so long without things going horribly wrong with how much stuff I've been not doing. Why did half my mods ever work correctly to begin with if I wasn't checking the archives?

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

"We Must Dissent"

I guess they turned logging off if the asynchronous log is empty which is a little weird but whatever. Archives being unchecked in MO means priority is based purely on normal skyrim stuff and not MO order so you can get weird conflicts MO would prevent. Not that the archives aren't loaded at all.

Esp's ending up in overwrite is normal for skyproc stuff since they create new files. Each time you run a patcher they will probably end up there and you will have to move them back out.

I don't see anything wrong with your dsr log. If you open the dsr patch esp in tesedit and wait for the background loader complete message then right click it in the left panel and choose check for errors does it list any errors?

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
What has science doooooooone?!

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010
Hmmm, having issues with Lootification. I can't get it to load any mods at all. I'm running it through MO after creating a merged and bashed patch.

It loads up but no mods show up. Am I missing something? I've tried to do the debug and from what I can tell it isn't seeing any of the mods either.

here's the latest debug I've got.

quote:

[1] [OPEN DEBUG FILE] Opening Debug File
[2] [Run Location] Program running from: C:\Skyrim\SkyProc Patchers\LLI\.
[3] [SUM] Arg: -NOBOSS
[4] [Status] LLI version: 0.6.3
[5] [Status] Available Memory: 460MB
[6] [Status] Max Memory: 460MB
[7] [START IMPORT THREAD] Starting of process thread.
[8] [SPGlobal] Skyrim App data thought to be found at: C:\Users\Arkitektbmw\AppData\Local\Skyrim
[9] [Importer] Starting import of targets:
[10] [Importer] LVLI ARMO WEAP FLST KYWD OTFT
[11] [Importer] In mods:
[12] [Importer] Skyrim.esm
[13] [Importer] Update.esm
[14] [SPGlobal] Skyrim.ini believed to be in: C:\Users\Arkitektbmw\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Skyrim.ini. File exists.
[15] [EXCEPTION] java.lang.NullPointerException
at skyproc.RecordFileChannel.openFile(RecordFileChannel.java:40)
at lev.LInChannel.<init>(LInChannel.java:43)
at skyproc.RecordFileChannel.<init>(RecordFileChannel.java:20)
at skyproc.SPImporter.importMod(SPImporter.java:530)
at skyproc.SPImporter.importMods(SPImporter.java:463)
at skyproc.SPImporter.importActiveMods(SPImporter.java:321)
at skyproc.gui.SUMGUI$ProcessingThread.run(SUMGUI.java:924)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

[16] [ERROR] /=== ERROR!
[17] [ERROR] (==== File: SkyProcDebug/Asynchronous log.txt
[18] [ERROR] \=== Line: 2
[19] [ERROR] \== Message: Skipping a bad mod: Skyrim.esm
[20] [ERROR] \========================================>
[21] [ERROR] /=== ERROR!
[22] [ERROR] (==== File: SkyProcDebug/Asynchronous log.txt
[23] [ERROR] \=== Line: 3
[24] [ERROR] \== Message: skyproc.exceptions.BadMod: Ran into an exception, check SPGlobal.logs for more details.
[25] [ERROR] \========================================>
[26] [EXCEPTION] java.lang.NullPointerException
at skyproc.RecordFileChannel.openFile(RecordFileChannel.java:40)
at lev.LInChannel.<init>(LInChannel.java:43)
at skyproc.RecordFileChannel.<init>(RecordFileChannel.java:20)
at skyproc.SPImporter.importMod(SPImporter.java:530)
at skyproc.SPImporter.importMods(SPImporter.java:463)
at skyproc.SPImporter.importActiveMods(SPImporter.java:321)
at skyproc.gui.SUMGUI$ProcessingThread.run(SUMGUI.java:924)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

[27] [ERROR] /=== ERROR!
[28] [ERROR] (==== File: SkyProcDebug/Asynchronous log.txt
[29] [ERROR] \=== Line: 4
[30] [ERROR] \== Message: Skipping a bad mod: Update.esm
[31] [ERROR] \========================================>
[32] [ERROR] /=== ERROR!
[33] [ERROR] (==== File: SkyProcDebug/Asynchronous log.txt
[34] [ERROR] \=== Line: 5
[35] [ERROR] \== Message: skyproc.exceptions.BadMod: Ran into an exception, check SPGlobal.logs for more details.
[36] [ERROR] \========================================>
[37] [Import Mods] Done Importing Mods.
[38] [SUM] Checking SUM hook to see if it wants to create a patch.
[39] [SUM] Patch needed: false
[40] [START IMPORT THREAD] Starting of process thread.
[41] [SUM] Window Closing.
[42] [START IMPORT THREAD] Starting of process thread.
[43] [SUM] Closing program normally from thread.
[44] [SUM] Closing program early because progress bar was forced to close by user.
[45] [DEBUG] Closing Debug File. Time was: 27730

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010
Oh...wow. Heh, ok something as simple as, I dunno putting SkyprocPatchers into the right folder works WONDERS!

Sort of annoying that the Lootification page doesn't mention where to install it....

Anyways, got it figured out.

Sorry for the double post, figured my solving it would be missed if I just edited my last post.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Arkitektbmw posted:

Oh...wow. Heh, ok something as simple as, I dunno putting SkyprocPatchers into the right folder works WONDERS!

Sort of annoying that the Lootification page doesn't mention where to install it....

Anyways, got it figured out.

Sorry for the double post, figured my solving it would be missed if I just edited my last post.

Before you even have this problem, might I suggest you read this article I wrote. It's a common issue with all SkyProccers.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

The Mad Archivist posted:

Dark spirit Seath the Scaleless (and friends) has invaded.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

The Mad Archivist posted:

Oh BTW, man, I hate your font. :argh:

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Here's something new that seems like it'll be required in my load order from here on out: Spectraverse from EnaiSiaion, the dude who did Apocalypse Spells, Dwemerverse, and Thunderchild. Anyone used it and gotten to see its content so far? I doubt that it isn't awesome, as Enai's poo poo owns usually, but I figured I'd ask for some backup from the Goons.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Apoplexy posted:

Here's something new that seems like it'll be required in my load order from here on out: Spectraverse from EnaiSiaion, the dude who did Apocalypse Spells, Dwemerverse, and Thunderchild. Anyone used it and gotten to see its content so far? I doubt that it isn't awesome, as Enai's poo poo owns usually, but I figured I'd ask for some backup from the Goons.

Im downloading it now. Enai is one of those modders where I just look at the username and click install, like Trainwiz. :)

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening
I'm running a bunch of mods, Requiem is the big one, but also Hunterborn, Realistic Needs, Hunterborn, Frostfall, and Skyrim Unbound. For the most part I'm enjoying uncovering their quirks but I've come upon one weird mechanic that I don't know how to account for:

One of them, probably Requiem, seems to be causing my mana costs to fluctuate. It doesn't seem tied to anything - I can basically keep opening and closing my magic menu and see them shift. The basic mage armor spell goes from 68 to over 400 - essentially making it impossible to cast most of the time on my early game character.

If this is an intentional system I'll deal with it, but does anyone know how I could mitigate or anticipate the effect?

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
I'm trying lootification now, but I'm getting an error:

code:
There was an exception thrown during program execution: 'java.lang.RuntimeException: Index: 0, Size: 0
Outfit: [OTFT | 03DED3Skyrim.esm | BanditArmorHeavyBossOutfit] is coded to have a matching set but could not find any.
You are almost certainly not using a tesedit merged patch correctly.'

Please contact the author.
I definitely have a tesedit merged patch. So... what gives?

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Space Hamlet posted:

I'm running a bunch of mods, Requiem is the big one, but also Hunterborn, Realistic Needs, Hunterborn, Frostfall, and Skyrim Unbound. For the most part I'm enjoying uncovering their quirks but I've come upon one weird mechanic that I don't know how to account for:

One of them, probably Requiem, seems to be causing my mana costs to fluctuate. It doesn't seem tied to anything - I can basically keep opening and closing my magic menu and see them shift. The basic mage armor spell goes from 68 to over 400 - essentially making it impossible to cast most of the time on my early game character.

If this is an intentional system I'll deal with it, but does anyone know how I could mitigate or anticipate the effect?

Requiem does give a pretty severe penalty to magic costs if you have any armor on Ann's don't have the perks for it (armor or magic), but it shouldn't be fluctuating like that (I.e. it should reflect the ridiculous costs in the menu).

My first thought would be some other mod and/or an incompatibility, but it may also have something to do with the mass effect part of it, I don't recall the details of what that does.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Iunnrais posted:

I'm trying lootification now, but I'm getting an error:

code:
There was an exception thrown during program execution: 'java.lang.RuntimeException: Index: 0, Size: 0
Outfit: [OTFT | 03DED3Skyrim.esm | BanditArmorHeavyBossOutfit] is coded to have a matching set but could not find any.
You are almost certainly not using a tesedit merged patch correctly.'

Please contact the author.

I definitely have a tesedit merged patch. So... what gives?

First, make sure your merged patch is enabled in your load order. I made that mistake once. Second, if that isn't the problem, then I'd bet money that this is.

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.

Apoplexy posted:

This looks amazing. I've always loved the idea of "astral" type magic, but before now there were like 2 mods that tried it, and I hated them.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Welp, it had been deactivated. Now when I run LLI.jar it tells me that it can't find various masters in the merged patch even before I hit patch... BOSS does have some "unrecognized" mods, I guess I need to create user rules to sort them all, and then create a new merged patch?

Incidentally, when creating a merged patch, I should uncheck ASIS and LLI, right?

EDIT: BOSS now completely sorted (I hope correctly), New merged patch made, and LLI now runs without error! Woo!

You know, I'd read that article before, but I didn't get the main point, because I didn't think I was manually sorting anything. But having ANY unrecognized mods (whether you think you're manually sorting them or not) seems to trigger this problem!

Iunnrais fucked around with this message at 02:50 on May 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010
I really don't understand the purpose of running BOSS during lootification.

I typically go through a process like this:

- Install mods
- BOSS Sort
- Sort leftovers
- Create TESVEdit Merged Patch
- Rebuild Bashed Patch
- Run lootification (-NOBOSS)

Is there something I'm missing out by skipping BOSS during lootification?

• Locked thread