Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

The REAL Gtab Fan posted:

Boy howdy the Ecto-1 looks pretty cool. Not too far from what the guy made either.

The only thing that looks better on the prototype is Peter's hair. Anybody know what piece that is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red_Chief
Nov 2, 2007
So I'm heading to my local Lego store(Pleasanton) tomorrow morning with my kid (before Free Comic Book Day). Any reason to get there early though?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Apparently the Lego store nearish to me is having a 15th birthday event, including a free gift for the first 100 people through the door (what are my chances?), free minifigs on a spend over £25 and a free Lego Store set if you spend over £100 :aaa:

I think I might have to go, shameful as that is.

I'm guessing this is Westfield? I didn't know it had been open that long..

I hadn't heard about this, and that's my nearest store too. Anywhere I can find details?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Guess the online May the 4th sale didn't start at midnight EST, wonder if it'll be like 9am EST or something.

edit: then again a bunch of Star Wars stuff is on sale now, but it doens't look like any of the big ticket stuff went on cool sale price, looks like 9525 is half off though.

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 05:07 on May 3, 2014

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

The Rage posted:

Guess the online May the 4th sale didn't start at midnight EST, wonder if it'll be like 9am EST or something.

edit: then again a bunch of Star Wars stuff is on sale now, but it doens't look like any of the big ticket stuff went on cool sale price, looks like 9525 is half off though.

Yeah, it's kind of disappointing. I was hoping for a good deal on the falcon, or that big X-Wing to get the half-off treatment.

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching
Wow, sale has been up less than 10 minutes and The Malevolence which was half off is already sold out.

I put the sandcrawler in my cart but only get the poster and no minifig it doesn't seem to be active yet for counting towards the $75 for Revan.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
On the other hand, we still have two modulars and a sea cow to build, so I guess Lego sort of saved me from myself.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Merchant of Death posted:

Wow, sale has been up less than 10 minutes and The Malevolence which was half off is already sold out.

I put the sandcrawler in my cart but only get the poster and no minifig it doesn't seem to be active yet for counting towards the $75 for Revan.

Wow, I didn't even notice that the Malevolence was half off, and that 9525 is sold out now too.

edit: Ordered the Jedi Cruiser that I've been wanting for awhile, used my $15 off and got Revan/Free Shipping all for $71

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 05:49 on May 3, 2014

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

Yep, nothing that interests me. B-but... Revan! :(

Already have four A-Wings.

Circutron
Apr 29, 2006
We are confident that the Islamic logic, culture, and discourse can prove their superiority in all fields over all schools of thought and theories.
Got a X-Wing and an A-Wing. Was originally going to get a Headhunter instead of the X-Wing, but... oh Porkins, I can't deny you. :allears:

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Well hopefully the Malevolence comes back in stock tomorrow like the B-Wing did.

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

bloodysabbath posted:

Yeah, it's kind of disappointing. I was hoping for a good deal on the falcon, or that big X-Wing to get the half-off treatment.

Disappointed on the Falcon too. It's the last of the existing sets I want and can reasonably spend the money on. I'm still going to the Lego store tomorrow to buy it and get Revan but would have been nice on a little sale.

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

I didn't expect the UCS X-Wing to go half-off, because it's doing a lot better than the B-Wing, but I was hoping for a 10-20% discount.

Apparently it's doing a lot better, I guess.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Jordanis posted:

I didn't expect the UCS X-Wing to go half-off, because it's doing a lot better than the B-Wing, but I was hoping for a 10-20% discount.

Apparently it's doing a lot better, I guess.

From what I understood the EU sale had it at 15% off, same with the Death Star and SSD.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Having a hard time finding Mr. Burns. Is he a rare one?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Wow, this year's sale sucks. Two years ago I got the Imperial shuttle for like 33% off or something good like that.

EDIT: Maybe they're doing it daily? I mean that would sort of make sense...

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 09:15 on May 3, 2014

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.

obi_ant posted:

Having a hard time finding Mr. Burns. Is he a rare one?

I got two of him by randomly grabbing 4 packs for my son, so one for him, one for me.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

The_Doctor posted:

I'm guessing this is Westfield? I didn't know it had been open that long..

I hadn't heard about this, and that's my nearest store too. Anywhere I can find details?

Nope, Bluewater. I got a postcard about it.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I already picked up the Malevolence when it was on clearance at Walmart because I knew it was the last time I was going to see it locally, so that's out. The Y-Wing is kind of tempting, but it's not nearly the deal that I was expecting. Oh well. I still have the Kingdoms Joust and Sea Cow waiting to be built.

edit: Nevermind. Y-Wing is out of stock now too.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

How much larger is the UCS xwing than the normal one? Looking at photos it looks likes its maybe 8 or 9 studs wider on both sides, which would make it not a huge amount larger than the normal one. I'm still undecided on whether to grab one or grab the new star destroyer and benny's spaceship when those two sets are released.

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I really hope the UCS x-wing goes on sale tomorrow. If not this sale is hot garbage compared to previous years.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

That's the only picture I had found when searching, and the perspective seems weird.

Ira Glass Jaw
Oct 21, 2010

My girlfriend told me that I "should" get the republic gunship and that I "should" redeem my $30 in points. My plan was to do this on the cheap but oh well I was getting that Revan no matter what. I'm tempted to fire up KOTOR later....

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Got my sandcrawler and Revan! Store was semi busy but I've seen worse. Probably will be crazy later on. Now I have to go officiate at a wedding :(

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Got an extra Ralph and Krusty, need an Apu, Burns, and Itchy. I also have an extra S8 DJ and Alien villainess if you'd like. If anyone would be up to do a trade, please let me know!

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

bloodysabbath posted:

Got an extra Ralph and Krusty, need an Apu, Burns, and Itchy. I also have an extra S8 DJ and Alien villainess if you'd like. If anyone would be up to do a trade, please let me know!

I will buy Ralph from you if you're selling.

What I have for trade is mostly all older series figs: 2x painter, baseball player, skydiver, and george washington.

I also have some hobbit figs from 79003 - that would be Bilbo, Balin, Dwalin, Bombur, and Bofur with accessories (I even have Gandalf somewhere but I haven't seen him in over a month, pretty sure my cat ate him). Also have two Bilbos in red shirt. Also, I have some older space minifigs - two black shirt futuron figs, 1 yellow shirt (all have slight wear, can take pics if you want to see) and a Blacktron fig that is pretty much perfect. Space figs lack air tanks and helmets.

I want to collect a full set of Simpsons, so far I have (or will have soon) Bart, Marge, Lisa, Maggie, Krusy, and Chief Wiggum

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.
Woop woop, snagged Itchy & Scratchy, Ralph and Chief Wiggum and Nelson. So pretty much everyone I wanted to get since I already have the Simpsons house. I don't get why they made the minifigure version of the simpsons so much better than the :2bong: version of the family in the House set.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Built General Grievous's Wheelbike yesterday. I'd heard it was the second version and there was one a while back too. Wondered why they thought that particular one needed a new version, so I looked it up on Brickset. The old one looks kinda rubbish to be honest. This version is great, and his minifigure is great as well. I kind of want a bunch of him now to give him a load more arms. Might cannibalize a bunch of droids to add some extra bits too. The old minifigure looks like total rear end.

Anyway, I've had a look through the rest of the Lego stuff I've bought recently, and it's almost all robots with legs. Two of the three I got for this Star Wars offer are robots with legs, the movie set I got is a robot with legs, and there's a Creator robot with legs and Galaxy Squad robot with legs as well. Didn't even do it on purpose, that's just how things went. Guess I like robots with legs.

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

The Rage posted:

From what I understood the EU sale had it at 15% off, same with the Death Star and SSD.

None of those were on sale in the US. This sale is officially bullshit, man. :mad:

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Jordanis posted:

None of those were on sale in the US. This sale is officially bullshit, man. :mad:

I agree, I would have happily dropped the cash on an SSD at 15% off.

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching

Jordanis posted:

This sale is officially bullshit, man. :mad:
I am glad I bought the UCS X-wing and Ewok Village last year with Triple VIP points. Having a handful of items with next to no stock level at 50% off is silly.

I think it was two years ago when the big sets like the SSD and Death Star had 20%.

Red_Chief
Nov 2, 2007

Merchant of Death posted:

I am glad I bought the UCS X-wing and Ewok Village last year with Triple VIP points. Having a handful of items with next to no stock level at 50% off is silly.

I think it was two years ago when the big sets like the SSD and Death Star had 20%.

Agreed...and I've been waiting on the Pre Vizsla's ship to go on sale for a while. My local Walmart still has a few but refuses to discount them.

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

Welp, it's not a daily thing. Still the same selection.

I skipped double VIP points for this. :(

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

My local TRU has been price matching sales online, I wonder if I walked in with those prices on the Malevolence and Mandalorian fighter if they'd give me them. Cause I know my TRU has like 40 Malevolences in stock.

edit: Amazon just kicked of a Star Wars sale too, bunch of Lego sets are on sale, including the Millennium Falcon

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/search/r...%20lego&ie=UTF8

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 08:21 on May 4, 2014

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Here's a handy link with options added to narrow it down to: Prime eligible, sold by Amazon, 25% off or more, only official Lego sets.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p...&rnid=598397011

edit: despite this, it still lists stuff that's like, a dollar off of 12 dollars. Thanks Amazon.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 13:03 on May 4, 2014

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

So sort the list by price?

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
so the only sale items are dollar off keychains? Wtf is going on

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYGSpOfIr9Y

Tonight, 8/7c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Is it just me, or do the Lego-ized Simpsons look better than the actual Simpsons minifigures?