Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

As much as I like the idea of managing to get everyone to vote for "go back to week 28 in :20bux: Elodie and then get [a skill] to 100 before [event]", I'd have to explain why I wanted to get [a skill] specifically to 100 before [event], and I don't think MegaZeroX would let me get away with that. :sparkles:

So instead I'm going to be boring and vote Elodie 3.0: :shopkeeper: Kevan for daring to challenge us to a duel.

See below.

zonohedron fucked around with this message at 21:29 on May 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

FredMSloniker posted:

:colbert: You abused your power to convince folks to vote the way you wanted, MegaZeroX. Shame on you.

(Yes, I know I voted for swords. I did so of my own free will.)

To be fair, I wouldn't have done it if the thread didn't do such a 360 after they got on Zonoheron's :bandwagon:

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
EDIT: I like the below Falconry plan for comedy.

IMJack fucked around with this message at 21:36 on May 4, 2014

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

sunsweet posted:

Go back with this last Elodie and fry that jerk.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

Dareon posted:

Go back and kill him with :science:

This. :colbert:

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
I'd already said that if swords failed us, death rays won't!

(i get kind of the impression that death magic will also bone us in some way later on but then, don't attend the tournament :v:)

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Fry him already! This Elodie is way to promising to die at a mundane place like this. There are much more creative ways to do so. I see great things in her future. :can:

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

MegaZeroX posted:

To be fair, I wouldn't have done it if the thread didn't do such a 360 after they got on Zonohedron's :bandwagon:

Okay, now I have to see if this works. Changing my vote (and will edit my earlier post after this):

Elodie 3.0: enter tournament in Falconry, accept Kevan's duel, make good use of our fencing ability.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

whatever zonohedron ends up choosing

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

zonohedron posted:

Okay, now I have to see if this works. Changing my vote (and will edit my earlier post after this):

Elodie 3.0: enter tournament in Falconry, accept Kevan's duel, make good use of our fencing ability.

I'm changing my vote to this too just because I'm intersted in seeing if this works.

If it does there's a Nobel prize with your name on it, Zonohedron.

gegi
Aug 3, 2004
Butterfly Girl

zonohedron posted:

Falcons are cool.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.

zonohedron posted:

This.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Goddamit zonohedron we're never going to murder someone at this rate.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Mikl posted:

I'm changing my vote to this too just because I'm intersted in seeing if this works.

If it does there's a Nobel prize with your name on it, Zonohedron.

Well we did fail a check because we were "exhausted from the tournament". I'm still going for frying with magic though.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich

jonjonaug posted:

Well we did fail a check because we were "exhausted from the tournament". I'm still going for frying with magic though.

This.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Lander county's safe as heaven,
despite all the strife and boilin',
Tin Star,
Oh how she's an icon of the eastern west,
But now the time has come to end our song,
of the Tin Star, the Tin Star!
Vindication! Now let's get back in there and Light Up the Knight

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.

zonohedron posted:

I get it this is a joke but what if we wouldn't be tired from all the fencing already?

...heck.

Show the above, then commence with force lightning if it results in a game over.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
I told you guys! I told you about swords! I told you dog! MAGIC AT TWENTY PACES

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Fry him with magic

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!
Fir2 his rear end like he was a pack of ogres.

edit: And we get to that scene via fencing, not falconry.

edit the second, just to cover every possibility:

kick_the_penguin posted:

I vote that we try Birds then swordfight to see if we can avoid triggering that Athletics check. If we die in the same way again, the next Elodie should just nuke him.

LJN92 posted:

And in future, prevent MegaZeroX from casting votes.

Hedera Helix fucked around with this message at 23:01 on May 4, 2014

Jimmybob
Mar 7, 2005
Jesus, like the leader of a nation has time for duels with a piss ant noble nobody even cares about.

Fry his rear end, like I wanted to last time.

One Room Disco
Dec 23, 2013

zonohedron posted:

This, with Valiantman's addition of go ahead and magic him if we still die

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
Let's just kill him magic. No fuss, No mess (besides a pile of ashes), and we make it obvious if you threaten us, you are facing powers beyond your imagination.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
...actually let us follow the hedron, because that would be kind of amusing if that was how it was. Unless we could get, like, killed for not being good enough at falconry.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

quote:

Worse, he's armored, and he seems willing to settle for nothing less than your death or his.

Wearing armor to a duel against a little girl? :monocle: Now that's just cowardly. Fry his rear end with magic like he deserves.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Why is everyone rallying behind a seemingly randomly chosen poster, I don't get it :psyduck:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I knew this would happen, I goddamn knew it.

Let's not repeat this stupid mistake. Burn him until there's not enough of him to appear in a subsequent playthrough.

Skyfinder
Dec 28, 2012
MAGIC

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.
That he should speak against us at all is lèse-majesté. To challenge us to a duel? It is a crime against the state itself.

The only suitable punishment for such a crime? Death.

Strike him down.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Fry the fucker!

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
Noo, Elodie. :(

---

In an alternate universe, another Elodie looks upon the armoured Earl of Io, and she is overcome by an inexplicable feeling of vengeance anger. There will be no honour given to this cowardly cur, who dared challenge the crown princess from the safety of steel.

She will bring the fires of Nova upon his head. :flame:

Pooncha fucked around with this message at 22:09 on May 4, 2014

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

:doh: See, this is why you don't take chances and just go straight for the magic fire. Which is what we should go back and do now.
Indeed. :colbert:
Voting (again :v: ) that we fry his rear end with magic.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
No. No Falconry gimmick. No more stabbing. Fry him as we should have done :shopkeeper:

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

:doh: See, this is why you don't take chances and just go straight for the magic fire. Which is what we should go back and do now.

Yeah, go back and fry him.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

Why is everyone rallying behind a seemingly randomly chosen poster, I don't get it :psyduck:

Now you know how I feel! :psyduck:

That said:

Valiantman posted:

I get it this is a joke

...actually, it's not! I'm quite serious about trying to enter the tournament in a field where we have taken not a single class :sparkles:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Go back and laser the twit.

nweismuller
Oct 11, 2012

They say that he who dies with the most Opil wins.

I am winning.
Incinerate him!

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!
At some point, I would like to see what happens if we go into the duel with maxed-out swordfighting and athletics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Birds -> sword murder

• Locked thread